faramata

Mar 13, 2022
I've been wondering about this. Alorth's reputation is still pretty good since he has other projects that are moving along just fine, but he's still taken some damage over his involvement with Dammed. We bitch and moan about the only progress being wallpapers, but that's the only part that doesn't rely on Dammed, so of course that's all that's happening.

If I were Alorth, I'd be telling Dammed to get his shit together too. There sure as hell aren't going to be any other artists running to hitch up to him, so he'd be stuck making his games with the same garbage graphics as Polarity.
It might be more than the reputation, they probably (emphasis on "probably") share revenue too. So he may have a direct stake in getting SirD to get back to work.

virtuvoid

Donor
Apr 21, 2017
Something wild!
Every game update has dropped by the 11th of a month. SirD has stated that this time-frame is very much by design. So, Radiant 0.5b by the 2nd week of December.
Plus, once SirD gives a Patreon progress report, no more Abandoned tag(tough luck for lovers of that kink).
This is terrific news for this thread!

Also, please note that when there is a single main Dev creating an AVN, the chances for a completed game project are less. The stark comparison is that while Radiant is to be continued, Polarity remains Abandoned.

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
This pretty much confirms what we already knew.

But my new question is.... how is it possible the writing has been talking this long? The only explanation is Dammed hasn't been working much, if at all.

Writing takes longer than people think, especially editing. But it doesn't take over half a year to write a single chapter of anything, yet alone a VN.

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
Just as usual. note he said march 23 but didn't say the year :KEK:
Plus, once SirD gives a Patreon progress report, no more Abandoned tag(tough luck for lovers of that kink).
Tough luck to you since by the rules the tag stays until a NEW GAME UPDATE be released (and even more luck you need since this is in the hands of the fucking imbecile SirD)

cjdm

May 23, 2020
What I took away from this is that the game is dead and they're going to try to squeeze out 4 or 5 months until March, where Alorth will then quit. Its going to take them 9 months to get the remaining "30%" of Ch. 5 released... I doubt they will release a completed Ch. 6 in less than three months. But hey, devs, prove me wrong lmfao... I doubt you will make this deadline as this is a reeeeaaacchhhh, which is why I said game is officially dead in 4-5 months.

However, I will stand by what I said; this IS the transparency I was talking about beforehand. "We will deliver Ch. 5 by XX date," and "we will deliver Ch. 6 by XX date," etc. IF you are able to deliver by being transparent and deliver updates going forward then I will eat my own words, having proven me wrong, and are on the path of recovery.

This is absolute damage control from fucking around for months on end and they're in a panic. I'm not donating again until I see results, even after Ch. 6, and I'm sure others are thinking the exact same and are just as doubtful. But they are going to have to seriously work to regain support.

virtuvoid

Donor
Apr 21, 2017
Just as usual. note he said march 23 but didn't say the year :KEK:

Tough luck to you since by the rules the tag stays until a NEW GAME UPDATE be released (and even more luck you need since this is in the hands of the fucking imbecile SirD)
Lol! I don't kink-shame, bro. Next time.../s
Ok, that's news to me.
Mind you, IRL stuff is similar. Much easier to enact a rule/law than repeal it. However non-sensical.
But the spirit of my objection to the Abandoned tag lovers remains /s. Besides, I actually like this thread more than the game. At least a respite for this thread "seems" (ain't done 'til it's done) near.

Alanray64

Jan 28, 2022
Yet is it really abandoned considering what Alorth said? Just seems there are deadlines in place and then who knows.

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
What I took away from this is that the game is dead and they're going to try to squeeze out 4 or 5 months until March, where Alorth will then quit. Its going to take them 9 months to get the remaining "30%" of Ch. 5 released... I doubt they will release a completed Ch. 6 in less than three months. But hey, devs, prove me wrong lmfao... I doubt you will make this deadline as this is a reeeeaaacchhhh, which is why I said game is officially dead in 4-5 months.

However, I will stand by what I said; this IS the transparency I was talking about beforehand. "We will deliver Ch. 5 by XX date," and "we will deliver Ch. 6 by XX date," etc. IF you are able to deliver by being transparent and deliver updates going forward then I will eat my own words, having proven me wrong, and are on the path of recovery.

This is absolute damage control from fucking around for months on end and they're in a panic. I'm not donating again until I see results, even after Ch. 6, and I'm sure others are thinking the exact same and are just as doubtful. But they are going to have to seriously work to regain support.
Vegas odds:

Sir Dammed lying: 0.0000000009:1
Sir Dammed being honest: 1,000,000,0000:1

virtuvoid

Donor
Apr 21, 2017
Vegas odds:

Sir Dammed lying: 0.0000000009:1
Sir Dammed being honest: 1,000,000,0000:1
This is too simplistic. Add a "completely" before lying/honest.
Radiant 0.5b could be cobbled together with in-reserve renders and scenes, together with a few new ones. Ends up even smaller than 0.5a but it's done.
Radiant 0.6 could end up even smaller than 0.5.
Or lots of other fook-ups. More than one meteor in the sky.

virtuvoid

Donor
Apr 21, 2017
I could get by if the mum decided to fuck him over another way but to literally fuck him, that's just retarded writing. No mum who loves their son would ever do that.
Radiant has some nice boobs on display

Radiant has some nice asses on display

Radiant has quite a few giggles along the way

Radiant has...ah...all the above

• Haha
Reactions: Tatsuya2022
4.30 star(s) 271 Votes