balvenie1401

Dec 29, 2017
From a patreon post (which was reposted here)
Thank you.
"Per chapter" would imply that they regard chp 1 as offering 1h of gameplay, but they might be reffering to all future chapters, let's hope so.. 1h is a ridiculous amount from this type of game do I'd never hold them to that but a solid 30m would be great :)

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
Thank you.
"Per chapter" would imply that they regard chp 1 as offering 1h of gameplay, but they might be reffering to all future chapters, let's hope so.. 1h is a ridiculous amount from this type of game do I'd never hold them to that but a solid 30m would be great :)
Given the post was made AFTER chapter 1 was released, I think it's safe to assume they meant every proceeding chapter.

Skode

Mar 9, 2020
How does the dev duo work? I know one animates and the other writes but do they collaborate on things like character design. Not sure how much imput they have on each others forte but damn does it seem like a match made in heaven so far. Look at what people most praise - the great art and the narrative... so that's basically both of them (and the rest of the team at the studio). This shouldn't work but it does, much respect.

Now to see how Chapter 2 is received - a LOT of hype and anticipation seems to be flowing for that one and people can be fickle when it comes to people not meeting expectations but I have faith in these guys. They seem to have a very long term plan in the place with the development given the teasing about arcs and twists we have yet to even see yet. Still - theres gonna be a good few characters im sure added and teased long before we get to all the juicy content with them first, thats the one drawback with new games... they gotta start slow to do it justice but it means a lot of patience and waiting from the fanbase.

gamersglory

Xpression Games
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 23, 2017
How does the dev duo work? I know one animates and the other writes but do they collaborate on things like character design. Not sure how much imput they have on each others forte but damn does it seem like a match made in heaven so far. Look at what people most praise - the great art and the narrative... so that's basically both of them (and the rest of the team at the studio). This shouldn't work but it does, much respect.

Now to see how Chapter 2 is received - a LOT of hype and anticipation seems to be flowing for that one and people can be fickle when it comes to people not meeting expectations but I have faith in these guys. They seem to have a very long term plan in the place with the development given the teasing about arcs and twists we have yet to even see yet. Still - theres gonna be a good few characters im sure added and teased long before we get to all the juicy content with them first, thats the one drawback with new games... they gotta start slow to do it justice but it means a lot of patience and waiting from the fanbase.
They both work on two games. Alorth makes Neko paradise himself and Does the Renders for Radiant. So he has double the renders to do. An hour of content would be around 800 renders if you pace it right

Dammed does Polarity Himself and Writes Radiant

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Thank you.
Not really. Each new chapter of BaDIK is easily more than an hour's worth of gameplay, so it's not impossible. It all depends on how people play it; some people will speed read it to get to the raunchy scenes and others will read it slowly and carefully to properly absorb the story. Those in the 2nd camp will likely get 1 hour out of it because that's how it's intended to be done, and the speed readers will finish it sooner and then complain it was "too short" because they did it wrong.

They both work on two games. Alorth makes Neko paradise himself and Does the Renders for Radiant. So he has double the renders to do. An hour of content would be around 800 renders if you pace it right

Dammed does Polarity Himself and Writes Radiant
Alorth also helps Perverteer with making animations for Tales From the Unending Void, so he's pulling triple duty right now.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Not really. Each new chapter of BaDIK is easily more than an hour's worth of gameplay, so it's not impossible. It all depends on how people play it; some people will speed read it to get to the raunchy scenes and others will read it slowly and carefully to properly absorb the story. Those in the 2nd camp will likely get 1 hour out of it because that's how it's intended to be done, and the speed readers will finish it sooner and then complain it was "too short" because they did it wrong.
They also will complain that it doesn't make sense you're having sex in a warehouse because they didn't read the story. Probably the same people who will complain for a lack of anal despite there being no anal tag in the listing. Probably not the audience whose feedback is the most important.

Skode

Mar 9, 2020
They also will complain that it doesn't make sense you're having sex in a warehouse because they didn't read the story. Probably the same people who will complain for a lack of anal despite there being no anal tag in the listing. Probably not the audience whose feedback is the most important.
In defence of fellow fappers despite the fact I rarely complain about update length (in fact im not sure I ever have) the issue with more common 'tiny update' stick wavers I often find is less they are speed rushing the story or "not playing the game right" and more as the game gets developed the more personalised an experience will be so the guys who play the IMMA FUCK IM ALL! style of gameplay will get way more content than those who are selective of those they pursue or do not download extra patches for the particularly naughty content.

If your playing a one girl route in a game with say 5 main love interests then your only seeing one fifth of the content so it will feel lighter but nothing wrong with playing how you like to play (avoidance of things like NTR and Futa is particuarly common) and likewise IC patches often hold the heaviest weight of content in many of the more popular games - there is a reason they make so much money and likely this one will too because that content is particularly booming at the moment and without it here for example immediately rules out already 3/5 of the girls weve been introduced to in the game (not including the deceased of course). Still I doubt that will be an issue with this game anytime soon and anyone NOT reading this story really cannot be helped as it is one of its biggest strengths (and why other games like Being a Dik also boom despite not having the almost traditional taboo content - a good sex scene will draw attention but if people are invested in the story and characters they will always be in it for the long haul and more likely to support the game).

dududede

Jun 24, 2017
Regarding the slow updates and multiple projects discussion i like to bring up some simple facts:
- the dev(s) make thousands of dollars every month through their supporters
- working on multiple projects pushing the lower quality ones content more than the one everyone waits for
- updates in general are very slow compared to many many others offering a similar quality

What you guys think about it is up to you ...

I personaly think they play it very smart (but not fair). To me it looks like they bait for supporters with their high quality product (Radiant) in terms of renderquality and story (both fantastic!) but then intentionaly slow the work on this one down to a minimum - meanwhile cashing some money in with other quick low-quality-products.
And i mean why should they rly care ... the money from the radiant-patreon is months after a real content update (basicaly their first version) still over 6000 dollars ..every month! If you ask me ... you can only change something by dropping the cashflow to force them actualy deliver!
And trust me they know that everything that comes after that cliffhanger and the strong start storywise is more or less a downhill ride ... which is totaly normal but then people will realise that their expectations on whats about to follow were way to high and support will drop.

Everyone with a littlebit of healthy thinking should be able to see that.

Hammerhiem

May 7, 2020
Regarding the slow updates and multiple projects discussion i like to bring up some simple facts:
- the dev(s) make thousands of dollars every month through their supporters
- working on multiple projects pushing the lower quality ones content more than the one everyone waits for
- updates in general are very slow compared to many many others offering a similar quality

Everyone with a littlebit of healthy thinking should be able to see that.
- All good Devs make $1000's that's literally not a point.
- This is popular precisely because the quality was abnormally high in terms of render quality and writing.
- Given there hasn't been an update that is pure opinion, you have no idea what the quality of the update is as it's not been released, so you have nothing to compare it too.

2 of your "simple facts" are "simply your opinion". You need to ask your language teacher to reeducate you on the definition of words.

ninetofive

Oct 23, 2019
Thank you.
Not bashing on these guys or anything, I think they're doing fine work with their games. But to me 1 hour of content after 4 months is not a great deal. Other games here that take as long/less time to update provide more than an hour of content. That's assuming the game comes in August which they are aiming for, if it doesn't we're looking at 5 months+ per update.

Dec 20, 2019
Not bashing on these guys or anything, I think they're doing fine work with their games. But to me 1 hour of content after 4 months is not a great deal. Other games here that take as long/less time to update provide more than an hour of content.
I understand how you feel. So play their other games that are released in the midst of the 4 months and you will get maybe 3 hours of game play combined.

ninetofive

Oct 23, 2019
I understand how you feel. So play their other games that are released in the midst of the 4 months and you will get maybe 3 hours of game play combined.
I don't see your point. I actively shilled people in this thread to the devs other games when they were complaining about an update. I'm responding to someone who is saying 1 hour of gameplay per update is a ridiculous amount, when it isn't.

Dec 20, 2019
I don't see your point. I actively shilled people in this thread to the devs other games when they were complaining about an update. I'm responding to someone who is saying 1 hour of gameplay per update is a ridiculous amount, when it isn't.
Sorry, I thought you also joined the disappointed gang. I've been seeing the "abandoned" word too often over the last few days on several threads and it must have affected my perception.

Felicityskye

Jan 8, 2018
1hr per update is a nice sized update. The mistake you're making is you're also including the amount of time between updates, implying they are only working on Radiant the entire time. If they were only working on Radiant this whole time 1hr of gameplay every 4 months doesn't seem like full-time work. But because this isn't the only project they work on, using "x" amount of months per update is misleading in your assessment.

Reactions: hentai charley

ninetofive

Oct 23, 2019
1hr per update is a nice sized update. The mistake you're making is you're also including the amount of time between updates, implying they are only working on Radiant the entire time. If they were only working on Radiant this whole time 1hr of gameplay every 4 months doesn't seem like full-time work. But because this isn't the only project they work on, using "x" amount of months per update is misleading in your assessment.
Yep, an hour is fine. Again, I never stated I was disappointed or that this was a bad thing.

It simply is not as much as other games offer with similar update windows. It doesn't matter whether they are working on other games or not. It's just an objective view on the amount of content per update.

Felicityskye

Jan 8, 2018
Yep, an hour is fine. Again, I never stated I was disappointed or that this was a bad thing.
You're exact words.

But to me 1 hour of content after 4 months is not a great deal. Other games here that take as long/less time to update provide more than an hour of content.
This is not supposed to be taken as bad/disappointed?

It simply is not as much as other games offer with similar update windows. It doesn't matter whether they are working on other games or not. It's just an objective view on the amount of content per update.
This makes absolutely no sense because you have a finite amount of time to work. If you're working on multiple projects you're not going to put in the same amount of work as someone who is only working on one project in the same amount of time.

For example.
- DPC works on Being a DIK full time. meaning the entire 5 months between updates he is only working on Being a DIK.
- The next update for Radiant is hopefully coming out next month, but SirD and Alorth both did not work on only Radiant the entire time in the last 4-5 months.

Which project is obviously going to have more content? Being a DIK. So comparing the amount of content per update based on "x" amount of months passing instead of comparing the amount of time actually worked on, is ridiculous.
Huge difference.

fabulous007

Dec 30, 2019
This makes absolutely no sense because you have a finite amount of time to work. If you're working on multiple projects you're not going to put in the same amount of work as someone who is only working on one project in the same amount of time.

For example.
- DPC works on Being a DIK full time. meaning the entire 5 months between updates he is only working on Being a DIK.
- The next update for Radiant is hopefully coming out next month, but SirD and Alorth both did not work on only Radiant the entire time in the last 4-5 months.

Which project is obviously going to have more content? Being a DIK. So comparing the amount of content per update based on "x" amount of months passing instead of comparing the amount of time actually worked on, is ridiculous.
Huge difference.

I don't understand your point: isn't the patreon page only about Radiant ? If that's the case, I think only what is delivered matter. Fans give their money (6k (!) a month on the patreon page alone, must I remind) for Radiant since it's the page for that game alone. Thus, if the updates are slow as described above, they have the right to complain. I won't, since I'm not a patron, but I don't get how having other games if it's not for the same patreon page changes anything. It's just a matter of principle for me here, once again I'm not complaining myself I just don't agree with that weird logic you guys are displaying here. The contract is: they give money so that they have more content about this game. If the dev team want their circumstances with other games to be taken into account by their patrons, the patreon page should be for all those games, so that the content for those patrons would be fair. And honestly, with all that money from multiple sites and multiple games, maybe hiring some people to make up for it would fix the problem.

Last edited:

balvenie1401

Dec 29, 2017
Not bashing on these guys or anything, I think they're doing fine work with their games. But to me 1 hour of content after 4 months is not a great deal. Other games here that take as long/less time to update provide more than an hour of content. That's assuming the game comes in August which they are aiming for, if it doesn't we're looking at 5 months+ per update.
I was as positive since I have a hard time finding a prohect that provides a rough hour of content even with a 4 month dev cycle, might be 2 or 3 that manage to pull that off, so to me it would be a great deal :)

Dec 20, 2019
Fans give their money (6k (!) a month on the patreon page alone, must I remind) for Radiant since it's the page for that game alone. Thus, if the updates are slow as described above, they have the right to complain.
I agree that paying fans have the right to complain. But please be reminded that they pledged the money voluntarily and some even knowing that the devs have other projects. If they are really unhappy with the progress, they also have the right to withdraw to give a piece of their mind to the devs. Or they can give constructive criticism, not whine about how long an update is taking and demand that the devs work faster and must have at least certain hours of content in an update.

If the devs are lazy / slow, penalize them. It's their own fault for not working hard enough, and they have no real obligations but ONLY THEIR OWN SENSE OF OBLIGATIONS to the fans.

The situation is similar to a manga. A mangaka can have many serialization going at the same time. But in the end, no matter how many assistants they hire, it's just one main source the content is going to come from.
If the dev team want their circumstances with other games to be taken into account by their patrons, the patreon page should be for all those games, so that the content for those patrons would be fair. And honestly, with all that money from multiple sites and multiple games, maybe hiring some people to make up for it would fix the problem.
This game is a collaboration, so it made sense to me on why they started a new page for the game alone. If I have a company and some other people comes to me for partnership into something else because of my certain skills, obviously I am not letting them into my current company but start a new one where everyone has a stake in it. So if this startup fails, at least it will not affect my other business. The rest bogs down to each partners' responsibilities to the company to make it a success.

4.30 star(s) 272 Votes