Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
Maybe if they switched the patreon to pay per update it might make them more frequent.
I highly doubt that. You're forgetting about their own projects; namely Polarity and Neko Paradise.
No matter what, we're looking at a Radiant update roughly every three months even if they did switch the pay model.

All that would happen if they did switch Radiant to pay per update would be the possibility of more patrons.

Last edited:
Reactions: Donettes

Donettes

Apr 30, 2017
Maybe if they switched the patreon to pay per update it might make them more frequent.
I doubt it, too. Beyond their own individual games, as Squark says (+Alorth collaborating with other devs like Perverteer), they want each of the Radiant updates to be about an hour or an hour and a half long. If you add to this the visual quality and the ultra-perfectionism with which they seem to take care of their work, it's no wonder that we've been 4+ months without an update, and if everything goes according to the plan, ch 2 will be released closer to 5 months after ch 1. Without wanting to compare in nothing more than these facts, it's some DPC style with BaDIK.
And the truth is that, though I understand the impatience of some people, in my case I don't care how long it takes because I'm not a patron and I get their work for free (besides, thanks to BaDIK I have become immune to the wait :ROFLMAO: ). And if a patron is unhappy with this situation, apart from the fact that he always can communicate with them regularly to discuss this issue through Patreon and Discord, there is nothing to stop that patron from stop supporting them monthly.

Last edited:
Reactions: AceOfNiagara

ImmortalNight

Jul 4, 2020
I doubt it, too. Beyond their own individual games, as Squark says (+Alorth collaborating with other devs like Perverteer), they want each of the Radiant updates to be about an hour or an hour and a half long. If you add to this the visual quality and the ultra-perfectionism with which they seem to take care of their work, it's no wonder that we've been 4+ months without an update, and if everything goes according to the plan, ch 2 will be released closer to 5 months after ch 1. Without wanting to compare in nothing more than these facts, it's some DPC style with BaDIK.
And the truth is that, though I understand the impatience of some people, in my case I don't care how long it takes because I'm not a patron and I get their work for free (besides, thanks to BaDIK I have become immune to the wait :ROFLMAO: ). And if a patron is unhappy with this situation, apart from the fact that he always can communicate with them regularly to discuss this issue through Patreon and Discord, there is nothing to stop that patron from supporting them monthly.
Looking at Dual Family I'd say it's fairly easy to scam patrons. People seem to lose track of small payments out of their accounts. Not saying that's what is happening here, but the pay model almost encourages it. Since you get paid more if you take longer.

Impatience is to be expected if updates only come every 5 months. Assuming it drops within the next month.

Donettes

Apr 30, 2017
Looking at Dual Family I'd say it's fairly easy to scam patrons. People seem to lose track of small payments out of their accounts. Not saying that's what is happening here, but the pay model almost encourages it. Since you get paid more if you take longer.

Impatience is to be expected if updates only come every 5 months. Assuming it drops within the next month.
I see what you mean, but in that assumption, why scam Radiant's patrons at the same time that Dammed updates Polarity and Alorth does the same with Neko Paradise (and again, collaborating with other devs)? I'm not saying it can't happen, but it's quite illogical even talking about this as an assumption.
I don't know, they are aiming for august (probably early september if they can't do it in time) so we'll see.

harem - king

Feb 26, 2018
Came out in april and still at 0.1 and makes 6k a month, damn... :oops:
Bound to happen when people pile on to support a game in its infancy. But eh, fools and money are soon parted and all that.

Though if people feel like the $20, $40, $80, $200, $300, or $400 they've spent in 4 months since the game's initial release has been worth it then more power to them. Savor that 1-1.5 hours of gameplay for that, assuming it releases before the September Patreon payment. Otherwise you'd add another 5/10/20/50/75/100 to the total.

Last edited:

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Bottom line is whether or not this project should have been started at all while they have other things going on individually. That aside, people can support or not, their decision, but given their workload, there will be a wait.

So you wait...or forget about it.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
IMO one of the key factors is expectations and meeting them. But if you don't meet them it doesn't have to be your fault, it could be that the expectations were wrong in the first place. So when the situation is clear from the beginning, as it is here, that there won't be monthly updates or suchlike, then you shouldn't complain if they weren't coming.

Reactions: Donettes

balvenie1401

Dec 29, 2017
I highly doubt that. You're forgetting about their own projects; namely Polarity and Neko Paradise.
No matter what, we're looking at a Radiant update roughly every three months even if they did switch the pay model.

All that would happen if they did switch Radiant to pay per update would be the possibility of more patrons.
Roughly three months is a bold statement given it's been well over four months... or just a very loose definition of "roughly" I guess..

4.30 star(s) 271 Votes