balvenie1401

Dec 29, 2017
That was their initial goal but sometimes things happen the way they shouldn't.
What happened is you made this claim "no matter what" mere hours ago..

I couldn't care less when or if they ever release it, didn't care much for the 0.1. Wouldn't care much even if I did, it is what is releases get pushed, no matter.

Your claim just seemed very far of the mark ^^

Alorth

The Creator
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 11, 2017
Maybe if they switched the patreon to pay per update it might make them more frequent.
If we would switch to pay per update, it would mean we would need to get a full time job again to pay the bills, I think that would rather make us take more time. But I'm only assuming that.
Or we could just make 20 minutes updates every month instead?
Bottom line is whether or not this project should have been started at all while they have other things going on individually. That aside, people can support or not, their decision, but given their workload, there will be a wait.
So you wait...or forget about it.
We started this project so we could make game development our full time job. It wouldn't have been possible otherwise.

I've been having a sleep and work only shedule for almost two years now, there are days that I do slack of a bit, but I keep working mostly 13/15 hours a day on games... After all the games don't make themselfs.

So when I see people talking about milking patreons I can't even see it as offensive, rather just as a joke.
People support us, because they know exactly what they are supporting.
People who tell such jokes... they don't even know my name.

Have a nice weekend everyone (y)

Ghostredneck

May 26, 2020
Supporting a developer is VOLUNTARY, no one is forced...The developers I support , I do so because I believe in their vision of the story they are presenting... I am also of the generation that nothing is free nor do I believe artists should have their hard work handed out for free. We have a taste of whats to come in the story that's available if you like it and it intrigues you support them..If not..no one is forcing you... Personally I am eagerly awaiting the next chapter!

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
If the updates are too short people complain, if the devs take their time to actually create an update with a good amount of content, people complain. I'm not familiar with the other dev involved with the project but I've seen what Alorth can do, and I don't think he is "milking his patrons", I think he wants to release something that he will be proud of. I'd rather wait for a good update than trying to rush things because some people can't find anything else to fap to.

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
If we would switch to pay per update, it would mean we would need to get a full time job again to pay the bills, I think that would rather make us take more time. But I'm only assuming that.

We started this project so we could make game development our full time job. It wouldn't have been possible otherwise.

I've been having a sleep and work only shedule for almost two years now, there are days that I do slack of a bit, but I keep working mostly 13/15 hours a day on games... After all the games don't make themselfs.

So when I see people talking about milking patreons I can't even see it as offensive, rather just as a joke.

People...being people are going to complain no matter what you decide to do. My personally preference would be to wait and receive whatever you decide to release. If you choose to wait to release a substantial update after 4 months, I will be happy but people will complain about your taking so long to make an update. If you choose to release a minor update every month, people will complain about the short update. So do it your way. In the meantime I have 140-150 other games I can play while waiting for such a wonderful, substantial update from you if I get that desparate. (And I do of course) :ROFLMAO:

balvenie1401

Dec 29, 2017
So do it your way. In the meantime I have 140-150 other games I can play while waiting for such a wonderful, substantial update from you if I get that desparate. (And I do of course) :ROFLMAO:
Damn... I'm wishing I had 3 or 4 games in the pipeline but no such luck :/ back to Witcher 3 I go ^^

Reactions: BigDaddyDom

Felicityskye

Jan 8, 2018
I like that idea a lot
You say that now till you get 3+ updates with nothing but dialogue. For example, if DPC made 20min monthly updates for Being a DIK from the beginning, the first lewd action the MC gets which is a HJ/BJ would maybe be 3-4 updates in. Some people aren't bright so they would complain MC isn't pounding anything yet.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
You say that now till you get 3+ updates with nothing but dialogue. For example, if DPC made 20min monthly updates for Being a DIK from the beginning, the first lewd action the MC gets which is a HJ/BJ would maybe be 3-4 updates in. Some people aren't bright so they would complain MC isn't pounding anything yet.
Yeah if the dev released an update every month they would still complain, they would say that the update had no content, because most of the time people just skip the text and they just want to watch the sex scenes.

Hakhak

Apr 3, 2020

It is sad that we are completly unable to know for sure if you do all your possible or if you are literally like the guy of Milf City. I think developers should make an update each 4 months no matter what so people can tell for sure how the developers are behaving. I think it would be the healthier choice for everyone.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020

I hope you realise I wasn't attacking you with my posts yes, but more the whiners who constantly ask for an update.

I'm no patreon, so matters not to me. My point was, you 'do' seem to be stretching yourself very thin, never a good thing in business, trust me, many years experience here and also, I was not earning anywhere near what you are either.

My point was, it takes as long as it takes, I like your work and if there's no update for another 6 months, so be it. But I'm not donating any money to you so my opinion is not clouded by a moneteary factor. Those who are (and it's there money to send) will have a very different opinion as, like I said, you seem to have taken on more than you can 'reasonably' handle. But that's your decision to take, earning what you are with little to show for it currently.

Just my 2cents, I look forward to the update either way as I like this one.

4.30 star(s) 271 Votes