Halfbreed

Jul 7, 2017
Maybe she meant her brother
I too would rather it be her brother. When she first came in I thought it was going to be an aunt to the kids situation, or another model girl, then I laughed when she said the MC killed her son. I guess her son was 3 years old and ripping around town late at night.

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
Don't you guys think Natalie looks a little young to have a child that was killed by the MC?
The accident happened roughly 18 years and 9 months ago. She should be at least in her mid to late 30s.
Well, I do find her to be looking older than the other characters at least. Does she look like nearing her 40s? Probably not. Then again, she's staring in a high-class adult VN so her looks definitely played a role in casting her. ;)

I too would rather it be her brother. When she first came in I thought it was going to be an aunt to the kids situation, or another model girl, then I laughed when she said the MC killed her son. I guess her son was 3 years old and ripping around town late at night.
He could've died in his mother's womb, for all we know. The game hasn't gone into detail about the accident, so Natalie could've driven the oncoming car or been a passenger.

KingWeWuz

Mar 8, 2019
Don't you guys think Natalie looks a little young to have a child that was killed by the MC?
The accident happened roughly 18 years and 9 months ago. She should be at least in her mid to late 30s.
I recall his patreon used to say "...car crash 14 18 years ago."

I don't think he meant they were 17 considering the 8 months, I think he just forgot. So I think the actual age is 14 18.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Why do you autimatically assume the son was of an age? She could have had a miscarriage. Far as she is concerned, he still killed her son.

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
Why do you autimatically assume the son was of an age? She could have had a miscarriage. Far as she is concerned, he still killed her son.
The game tells us that we killed someone not that we caused a miscarriage, each of this has very different consequences and effects on someone's psyche, also it wasn't mentioned that she was in the accident, just her son, now I understand that this might have been sarcastic, and I might be wrong, it has been a while.
There are assets, and teenager moms, I have seen my share of 30-40 years old that look 18-20.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
The game tells us that we killed someone not that we caused a miscarriage, each of this has very different consequences and effects on someone's psyche, also it wasn't mentioned that she was in the accident, just her son, now I understand that this might have been sarcastic, and I might be wrong, it has been a while.

There are assets, and teenager moms, I have seen my share of 30-40 years old that look 18-20.
Semantics my friend. Depending on your moral beliefs and your countries culture, an unborn child is a 'someone'...in many countries causing a miscarriage is a criminal offence.

Yes we don't know if she was in the accident or not. May have been a 6 month old child. Point is...the MC doesn't know, he was never told, thus we don't know, so therefore all are possibilities at this point.

If the child was unborn or very very young, then she won't be particularly old herself then will she? Still pregnant, 3 months old...5 years ols...all the same in law and you have still caused the death of 'someone'.

Reactions: Hordragg

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
Semantics my friend. Depending on your moral beliefs and your countries culture, an unborn child is a 'someone'...in many countries causing a miscarriage is a criminal offence.

Yes we don't know if she was in the accident or not. May have been a 6 month old child. Point is...the MC doesn't know, he was never told, thus we don't know, so therefore all are possibilities at this point.

If the child was unborn or very very young, then she won't be particularly old herself then will she? Still pregnant, 3 months old...5 years ols...all the same in law and you have still caused the death of 'someone'.
Sorry, I think you misunderstood my point, I meant that normally when someone is informed about this type of stuff, something the MC was, he knows he killed someone in the accident, you are informed about whom participated in said accident, there was no mention of the mother being in the accident or anyone else besides her son and the MC, if she was present and the authorities and lawyers didn't inform the Mc then that is a huge problem, also the semantics are important in legal matters, as well as when telling a story.

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
Point is...the MC doesn't know, he was never told, thus we don't know, so therefore all are possibilities at this point.
The MC does know (source).
Edit for clarities sake: as he does know that he killed someone, we can also assume that the details of the accident were shared with him.

Sorry, I think you misunderstood my point, I meant that normally when someone is informed about this type of stuff, something the MC was, he knows he killed someone in the accident, you are informed about whom participated in said accident, there was no mention of the mother being in the accident or anyone else besides her son and the MC, if she was present and the authorities and lawyers didn't inform the Mc then that is a huge problem, also the semantics are important in legal matters, as well as when telling a story.
The only thing we as the audience do know is that the MC killed the son of Natalie Koval. And we only do so because Natalie tells the MC (and maybe also because of the above spoiler). No further details about the involved persons is shared with us at the moment. This is why I so anxiously await the upcoming chapter. I would like to know more.

Last edited:

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
The MC does know (source).
Edit for clarities sake: as he does know that he killed someone, we can also assume that the details of the accident were shared with him.

The only thing we as the audience do know is that the MC killed the son of Natalie Koval. And we only do so because Natalie tells the MC (and maybe also because of the above spoiler). No further details about the involved persons is shared with us at the moment. This is why I so anxiously await the upcoming chapter. I would like to know more.
I might have mixed the spoiler with the story, my bad on that, either way, that makes no sense and just turned me off the story almost completely, there is no way in hell lawyers wouldn't have contacted him, and there are explanations to why Natalie might have not pursued further legal action, but the lawyers that his parents had hired would most likely contact him and give him the information so he could be prepared in case she changed her mind, at least if they are no completely incompetent, I guess my liking for the girl's story blinded me to this previously, or it has been a while since I thought about it, but this type of mechanism to create artificial mystery and drama is really not my thing, just the fact that she came around and her motivations are mystery enough, not looking into the details of an accident that left you in a coma is just stupid, doubly so if you know there was another vehicle involved.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
I might have mixed the spoiler with the story, my bad on that, either way, that makes no sense and just turned me off the story almost completely, there is no way in hell lawyers wouldn't have contacted him, and there are explanations to why Natalie might have not pursued further legal action, but the lawyers that his parents had hired would most likely contact him and give him the information so he could be prepared in case she changed her mind, at least if they are no completely incompetent, I guess my liking for the girl's story blinded me to this previously, or it has been a while since I thought about it, but this type of mechanism to create artificial mystery and drama is really not my thing, just the fact that she came around and her motivations are mystery enough, not looking into the details of an accident that left you in a coma is just stupid, doubly so if you know there was another vehicle involved.
This I agree with. While I think the writing here is better than most, it does fall down upon itself upon investigation. I get the drama arc...sure fine. But he is never charged, she never instigates a civil suit (baring in mind he has been out of his coma and running a very successful business for many years now), he personally never bothered finding out more....

That just collapses upon it's own ambiguity...unless as I said....a lot of that has actually happened....we as the player just don't know about. I also have similar feelings regarding why the girls mother (forgot her name now) never got in touch in before (letter was again, ambigious at best). Been years since we got out of the coma. Again, I'll just assume that detail is made much clearer in a future update by the girls. As sad as the letter was (with the feels) I just thought, why the hell now? We could have been in their lives and helped her financially in her last months. Again...drama arc....which shows the difference between writers like this...and people who are publushed and make a living from writing.

Reactions: TundraLupus

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
That just collapses upon it's own ambiguity...unless as I said....a lot of that has actually happened....we as the player just don't know about.
I believe this is the point. We haven't been shown everything there is to his life yet.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
I believe this is the point. We haven't been shown everything there is to his life yet.
True and fair point, but he did state/we know a great deal about him after his recovery etc. The hard work, guilt, setting up the business etc. So a lot has been explained to us from the years after his recovery....yet so much been left out(?).

That to me sums up my previous post, great ambiguity and drama but the writing quality doesn't hold up to the thinking behind it.

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
True and fair point, but he did state/we know a great deal about him after his recovery etc. The hard work, guilt, setting up the business etc. So a lot has been explained to us from the years after his recovery....yet so much been left out(?).

That to me sums up my previous post, great ambiguity and drama but the writing quality doesn't hold up to the thinking behind it.
My main problem is, if the Mc is not an avatar without memories, we should know as much as he does before he interacts with people, you know so we can roleplay, things we should discover organically are: why we weren't contacted about the girls before, and why Natalie didn't pursue any legal action, these are things the MC doesn't know, so we should discover with him, but if the Mc knows something so should the player and vice versa, but again that is just my problem with it and my opinion.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
VNs here give a realistic portrayal about how Hollywood portrays women. No matter whether they're 16 or 42, the actress will always be in her mid twenties ... ;)

The liking of this particular device aside, there are things that can explain this:

(a) the MC of course should know all details of the accident
(b) he however never needs to have met the mother, everything could have been done by lawyers (unlikely but possible)
(c) she is not forced to follow civil proceedings against him. For one, it might not have been looking like there's much to get at that point in time (he became successful later, but then of course there's the probability that his family had money given the car the MC drives), more importantly many people want to close this chapter of their life as soon as possible
(d) in some jurisdictions, criminal charges are dropped or punishments severely lessened, if the "self-punishment" inflicted by the crime was large enough. So a 3 year sentence (just an example) for drunk driving with fatal outcome may be outshone by the time the MC spent in a coma

So if this is more or less what happened, and then the mother still couldn't find peace and decided to approach him without giving a warning, this could work.

It is indeed a bit strange right now but maybe the continuation will give us more information.

Of course, legal plot holes (and plot holes of what happens afterwards) are a staple of media, albeit an unwelcome one. Don't get me started on my pet peeve: contracts signed under force/blackmail are somehow deemed legally binding despite all that is known to the public.

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
My main problem is, if the Mc is not an avatar without memories, we should know as much as he does before he interacts with people, you know so we can roleplay, things we should discover organically are: why we weren't contacted about the girls before, and why Natalie didn't pursue any legal action, these are things the MC doesn't know, so we should discover with him, but if the Mc knows something so should the player and vice versa, but again that is just my problem with it and my opinion.
This was actually the reason for my very first post in this thread which prompted the spoiler response I posted earlier: knowledge of the fact would've greatly influenced my response on the first psyche choice.

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
VNs here give a realistic portrayal about how Hollywood portrays women. No matter whether they're 16 or 42, the actress will always be in her mid twenties ... ;)

The liking of this particular device aside, there are things that can explain this:

(a) the MC of course should know all details of the accident
(b) he however never needs to have met the mother, everything could have been done by lawyers (unlikely but possible)
(c) she is not forced to follow civil proceedings against him. For one, it might not have been looking like there's much to get at that point in time (he became successful later, but then of course there's the probability that his family had money given the car the MC drives), more importantly many people want to close this chapter of their life as soon as possible
(d) in some jurisdictions, criminal charges are dropped or punishments severely lessened, if the "self-punishment" inflicted by the crime was large enough. So a 3 year sentence (just an example) for drunk driving with fatal outcome may be outshone by the time the MC spent in a coma

So if this is more or less what happened, and then the mother still couldn't find peace and decided to approach him without giving a warning, this could work.

It is indeed a bit strange right now but maybe the continuation will give us more information.

Of course, legal plot holes (and plot holes of what happens afterwards) are a staple of media, albeit an unwelcome one. Don't get me started on my pet peeve: contracts signed under force/blackmail are somehow deemed legally binding despite all that is known to the public.
I meant in real life, some women where I live look 20 and are grandmothers.

And yeah that is kind of what I had in mind when a mentioned there where possible explanations, my main problem in this discussion is just the MC apparent lack of knowledge of what happened, but as you said it is sadly a staple of media, and also yes, I'm with you on your pet peeve, that makes zero sense and I say this while one of my favorite games in this site uses it, although there is less about legality and more about not wanting to be killed by the mafia.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maviarab

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
to slow with the updates if the game starts this big delays or takes this long to make the game then by the time this project is over it will be atleast 6 years
I do find the speed quite agreeable but I'm also very busy at the moment. You see, I have taken it upon myself to kiss every single freckle on
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Down to the last one.

Brovalon

Jan 11, 2020
I do find the speed quite agreeable but I'm also very busy at the moment. You see, I have taken it upon myself to kiss every single freckle on
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Down to the last one.
It'll be interesting to see how what route we chooses changes the girls, or whether it'll only affect sex-scenes and whatnot. Because she'll be one tough nut to crack, but do you crack her with love or make her obedient, and would it make a difference?

4.30 star(s) 271 Votes