Steinchen

Mar 3, 2017
5 months and no update? Was this abandoned?
it is already more than 5 month since version 1.0 came out.it is even 6 or more than 6 month the version 1.2 was released 5 month and 2 weeks ago.
and that starts to getting ridiculous.i mean WTF more than 6 month for 1 chapter???
hell if it would not take them so long i would have been an pantreon by now.
i am ok with regular updates every 2 or 3 month but come on 6 month or more that is really to much.

hell they could have finished 2 chapters already since last release of version 1.0 seeing how much time has passed.

Last edited:

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Oh but then they wouldn't have time to annoy posters with their whiny poor attempts at snark. Ungrateful shameful trolls :( they don't deserve an update imo
While that is true and they are annoying, this is dragging on now looking at how many other devs releases solid top quality content in a shorter time-frame. This will probably get deleted (again) but this is what happens when you spread yourself too thin and try to do too much when you're also trying to do other projects in a somewhat timely fashion. Again, if you're working on one thing, you're not working on something else.

Game Bond

Nov 20, 2019
To be fair though..
PicsArt_09-17-06.48.13.jpg
So after this update it probably won't take that long. I mean 5 months for an update is insane! Even if you make a quality 1hr + duration update in span of 5 months people still won't feel satisfied so a decent update should be made under decent time which I completely believe they will.

TessSadist

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
I kind of think roughly a good hour plus of play (average reading speed, maybe 650-800 renders or so?) for three months of dev time is pretty reasonable. I kind of assume their update will be roughly the size of 0.1 which kind of met this criteria I think...

• Angry
Reactions: ImmortalNight

CHAD-MAN

Aug 12, 2017
To be fair though..

So after this update it probably won't take that long. I mean 5 months for an update is insane! Even if you make a quality 1hr + duration update in span of 5 months people still won't feel satisfied so a decent update should be made under decent time which I completely believe they will.
IDK, really... seems to me its like it has been said, way too many projects to focus just on this one, which clearly is a project aiming for higher quality, but that sort of quality takes time, time that is being multiplied by either problems, burnout or unfortunate events. Alorth says he can do it 3 months next time but... how he says he will "take a deep breath" once JUST the second one is out... IDK, man. They either focus on this one or we're looking at more +6 months per update if not more if the story starts to branch out.

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
how he says he will "take a deep breath" once JUST the second one is out... IDK, man.
I don't really follow. They said they are 'just trying to get the next updates out and take a deep breath then'. Which to my mind reads as though they're trying hard to get the update out only to take pause once that is done, no?

I'm also with TessSadist on this one. And not merely because godesses, even the cruel ones, tend to be right most of the time.

• Angry
Reactions: ImmortalNight

Donettes

Apr 30, 2017
Again with the idea that they should leave aside their initial projects to focus only on Radiant because money matters/I'm only interested in this game/the quality of this game exceeds their others...

Yes, logic says that working on parallel projects extends the deadlines for everything, but I think they know their own limits and they certainly laid out the pros/cons before starting the collab. In fact, a couple of months ago they said in a Patreon post that the consequences of possible delays due to working on multiple projects would fall only on their solo games because in Radiant both complement their strengths (as it says in OP, "Writing, coding, & game design by Sir Dammed. Artwork, graphics, & animations by Alorth").

In the screenshot that Game Bond has put, the fact that the weather was against you and affects your work has nothing to do with having parallel projects. That Alorth was mentally affected by the loss of a friend dev, as he said there (Chatterbox, right?), has nothing to do with that either. And dozens of other things that will have slowed down development without being related by their solo games (for example, the transition from having full-time jobs to becoming full-time developers, which is not immediate btw). Some will take them as excuses but well that already depends on each one of us. And yet, even if these were really excuses, they would have nothing to do with the premise that having several projects in parallel is dragging them.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Again with the idea that they should leave aside their initial projects to focus only on Radiant because money matters/I'm only interested in this game/the quality of this game exceeds their others...

Yes, logic says that working on parallel projects extends the deadlines for everything, but I think they know their own limits and they certainly laid out the pros/cons before starting the collab. In fact, a couple of months ago they said in a Patreon post that the consequences of possible delays due to working on multiple projects would fall only on their solo games because in Radiant both complement their strengths (as it says in OP, "Writing, coding, & game design by Sir Dammed. Artwork, graphics, & animations by Alorth").

In the screenshot that Game Bond has put, the fact that the weather was against you and affects your work has nothing to do with having parallel projects. That Alorth was mentally affected by the loss of a friend dev, as he said there (Chatterbox, right?), has nothing to do with that either. And dozens of other things that will have slowed down development without being related by their solo games (for example, the transition from having full-time jobs to becoming full-time developers, which is not immediate btw). Some will take them as excuses but well that already depends on each one of us. And yet, even if these were really excuses, they would have nothing to do with the premise that having several projects in parallel is dragging them.
Nice post...but don't believe anyone actually disputed this. However, everything you mention, just adds to an already exisiting issue of doing too much in the first place, which is only compounded when life rears its oft ugly head.

4.30 star(s) 272 Votes