BurnerGuy

Aug 27, 2018
Yes, and until they release this pending update and show that they can release on a consistent schedule, with consistent communication, I don't see the pressure letting up soon.

The fact that all developers are judged because of the actions of a few is one of the most frustrating parts of this community/game genre. I am not saying that criticism isn't warranted but the idea that every dev who misses a deadline is immediately accused of milking or compared to the more egregious developers is frustrating. Especially considering the year we are all experiencing.

I am glad you are so confident about the update. I am not as optimistic about the content or length of what comes next. Especially when it means we get two updates this year and, for all we know, every year. In my opinion it is too early to say this game is better than most game on F95 considering we've had exactly one release. There are some absolutely great games on this site and Radiant, though it had a promising start, needs more content before it will dethrone those games.

Overall, though I am still very interested to see what is coming up with this game, the fact that two experienced developers can't release more than one update this year makes me skeptical that we shall see consistent releases afterwards. As someone who has defended them, and received plenty of facepalms for it, I am starting to be worn out with the waiting and silence.
I guess I should have said it has the potential to be head and shoulders above...

And, yeah, I'm right there with you. Part of the problem in this community is that people tend to mash together everyone with criticisms or with support. There are lots of idiots who jump in 2 weeks after a game's dropped to go "whens update" which becomes "there milking!" 2 weeks later. That's not the same as someone 5 months later going "this shouldn't be taking this long". The flip side is that there are people who constantly fluff the dev going "take all the time you need" no matter how long it's been or how transparently a dev has lied. That's not the same as someone telling one of the "there milking" dipshits to shut the fuck up when the dev has been fairly open about progress.

Personally, my confidence in this took a hit with Alorth's discord post about his personal issues. I've been through that, so I totally feel for him, but while that was apparently going on they were telling their supporters that everything was going fine, with no hint that they had hit a major speedbump.

Anyway, I'll wait about 2 more weeks to see if the update drops, and if it does I'll wait about 2 more weeks to see if they address the future timeline.

Skode

Mar 9, 2020
Best method in all honesty is just avoid any and all public deadlines. When its ready its ready. Sure give teaser images and the odd update but good work takes time and does anyone think spamming George R.R. Martin with demands for more Game of Thrones books in a timelier fashion gets him sprinting to his type writer? Its still absolutely ridiculous that such pressure has been put on a game after ONE release by such a mass of people... its literally just a prologue, no one has ever been accused of milking adoring fans before after a prologue of a brand new story have they? lol

BurnerGuy

Aug 27, 2018
Best method in all honesty is just avoid any and all public deadlines. When its ready its ready. Sure give teaser images and the odd update but good work takes time and does anyone think spamming George R.R. Martin with demands for more Game of Thrones books in a timelier fashion gets him sprinting to his type writer? Its still absolutely ridiculous that such pressure has been put on a game after ONE release by such a mass of people... its literally just a prologue, no one has ever been accused of milking adoring fans before after a prologue of a brand new story have they? lol
I don't think they're milking at all. They've been pretty up front the whole time telling patrons to support when it's convenient for them, and they have track records as not only developers but as game fans.

My guess is that they took on a really ambitious project before they had the time to dedicate to it. Polarity and Neko Paradise are both active projects that neither dev can really walk away from, so they have to split their time between those games and this one, when this is a game that would need full attention to be updated on a regular schedule.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
I guess I should have said it has the potential to be head and shoulders above...
I'll agree with that. These two have the talent and the prologue was well polished.

And, yeah, I'm right there with you. Part of the problem in this community is that people tend to mash together everyone with criticisms or with support. There are lots of idiots who jump in 2 weeks after a game's dropped to go "whens update" which becomes "there milking!" 2 weeks later. That's not the same as someone 5 months later going "this shouldn't be taking this long". The flip side is that there are people who constantly fluff the dev going "take all the time you need" no matter how long it's been or how transparently a dev has lied. That's not the same as someone telling one of the "there milking" dipshits to shut the fuck up when the dev has been fairly open about progress.
Yeah, it gets tiring seeing post after post on thread after thread where people accuse devs of milking. Especially on this website. I'd rather the devs take their time to make a followup the rush it, but at the same time when they keep saying "just a couple more days" and then deadlines pass without communication and then finally we get another "just a couple more days" my patience begins to run out.

Personally, my confidence in this took a hit with Alorth's discord post about his personal issues. I've been through that, so I totally feel for him, but while that was apparently going on they were telling their supporters that everything was going fine, with no hint that they had hit a major speedbump.

Anyway, I'll wait about 2 more weeks to see if the update drops, and if it does I'll wait about 2 more weeks to see if they address the future timeline.
Yeah, there are smaller, less experienced devs who communicate on a far more consistent basis. I know that real life has been shitting on everyone but that doesn't mean you shirk your duties/obligations.

I'm honestly just very skeptical at this point that the game will be developed on a reliable schedule with open and consistent communication.

Yeah, the worst idea is to tell a bunch of horny people who are sitting at home quarantining that the next update will be available in 3 months and then not make deadline.:ROFLMAO:

The insane amount of expectations about this game are ridiculous. I enjoyed the prologue but the way some people act I'd expect that hidden in the code is the formula for turning lead into gold. :rolleyes:

Skode

Mar 9, 2020
Yeah, the worst idea is to tell a bunch of horny people who are sitting at home quarantining that the next update will be available in 3 months and then not make deadline.:ROFLMAO:

The insane amount of expectations about this game are ridiculous. I enjoyed the prologue but the way some people act I'd expect that hidden in the code is the formula for turning lead into gold. :rolleyes:
True, true but these horny people must be new to these games if they think the official chapter one will feature much sexy time not least with his own daughters no less lol. I feel for them, they should play Dating My Daughter or something first and see how how much dialogue theyre gonna read before they get to that part of the good stuff haha

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
True, true but these horny people must be new to these games if they think the official chapter one will feature much sexy time not least with his own daughters no less lol. I feel for them, they should play Dating My Daughter or something first and see how how much dialogue theyre gonna read before they get to that part of the good stuff haha
Oh no doubt, if they want a quick daddy/daughter fap they really chose the wrong game to hitch their wagon to... I lost all my saves (and a bunch of non-AVN information) this summer and decided that I didn't need to relive the suffering that DMD inflicts and stopped following it. I was lucky that Radiant is still without a new release (the only time I've ever thought of that as a good thing).

I think some of the people who are aggressive in their anger towards Alorth and SD are just trolling. Just don't see how they can be so invested in a game that has only had a prologue.

BurnerGuy

Aug 27, 2018
Oh god, if this game has as much pointless dialog as DMD, then I'm running far far away. I loved that game for a bit, but the repetitive scenes of them discussing their relationship go on and on and on and on. Then they go to a new location and fucking drone on some more boring shit.

You hear that guys? Don't do that! Don't fall so in love with your own writing that you forget it's supposed to be interesting.

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
I think some of the people who are aggressive in their anger towards Alorth and SD are just trolling. Just don't see how they can be so invested in a game that has only had a prologue.
I can see to an extent. On the surface, there's no a lot there, but what little we've seen has a handful of small things that could add up for some people.

For me, it's the overall quality of the character models, the MC not being an unlikable tool bag, generally well written characters, and a few mysteries to keep you interested including the twist ending. It's a pretty strong premise too, and even the dynamic is relatively unexplored due to most incest games being mother/son, or brother/sister not father/daughter. That said, I suspect you're correct that some are just here to troll and fan the flames.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
I can see to an extent. On the surface, there's no a lot there, but what little we've seen has a handful of small things that could add up for some people.

For me, it's the overall quality of the character models, the MC not being an unlikable tool bag, generally well written characters, and a few mysteries to keep you interested including the twist ending. It's a pretty strong premise too, and even the dynamic is relatively unexplored due to most incest games being mother/son, or brother/sister not father/daughter. That said, I suspect you're correct that some are just here to troll and fan the flames.
And in the long absence there have been new father/daughter games receiving more attention. Hopefully more will be developed because people see a demand for it. Personally not necessarily my kink but a well made game is a well made game.

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
And in the long absence there have been new father/daughter games receiving more attention. Hopefully more will be developed because people see a demand for it. Personally not necessarily my kink but a well made game is a well made game.
It's a shame you can't narrow down within kinks in the Last Updates section. The only one that has really caught my interest Light of my Life but even that's been a while since it updated I think.

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
It's a shame you can't narrow down within kinks in the Last Updates section. The only one that has really caught my interest Light of my Life but even that's been a while since it updated I think.
LoML updates on something of a 3-4 month rotation (give or take) - the Dev is highly engaged with their fanbase here and on their Discord, plus their meter continues to show regular progress.

I'm not sure of a meter being used by the Radiant Devs, so we go on their shared impressions, obviously. Part of the issue here is both the setting of expectations by the Dev team and interpretation those by the fanbase, I feel: there is almost always a mismatch of understanding in that back/forth for any game, but as wait time goes longer, then more players start to fill in what they don't hear or know with their best (or worst) guesses, which take on lives of their own. That's partly why this thread has been eaten up with more glass half-full posting than not, at times.

In this case, at least one Dev has offered recent status and it seems more is on the way. It would seem more constructive for everyone to be talking about what content is expected, but that means hints would have to be shared ... again, communication issues and expectation-setting is usually a mismatch.

Last edited:

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
Olivia is best girl

In the interest of proper progress to relations with her (should not be fast) I am all for going nightly to my "mind palace" to fuck the (NOT)living shit out of Gracie!!

Also let's get some side action with new hire girl, that can go fast as she is smitten with our iconic place in the industry she loves.

[All predictions false or your money back]

Reactions: frozted and _Goldie

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
Olivia is best girl

In the interest of proper progress to relations with her (should not be fast) I am all for going nightly to my "mind palace" to fuck the (NOT)living shit out of Gracie!!

Also let's get some side action with new hire girl, that can go fast as she is smitten with our iconic place in the industry she loves.

[All predictions false or your money back]
Has to be Maddie for me. I feel like she has the most potential on all three routes due to her relationship with the MC starting a little rocky. I'm also curious about the girls friend. I assume she'll get the hots for the MC quite early. The best friend is always horny for the MC. Olivia is a close second though.

Reactions: Fortuna ღ

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Has to be Maddie for me. I feel like she has the most potential on all three routes due to her relationship with the MC starting a little rocky. I'm also curious about the girls friend. I assume she'll get the hots for the MC quite early. The best friend is always horny for the MC. Olivia is a close second though.
And I am not interested in sexing up any of the daughters and would rather do nasty things to Brooke, especially since she is so obviously infatuated with the MC.

Oh and I want to work on having a better relationship with Bern, since it seems we've been assholes.

Other than that I look forward to other people the MC isn't related to or he hasn't done severe emotional harm to.

Reactions: Fortuna ღ

CHAD-MAN

Aug 12, 2017
Overall, though I am still very interested to see what is coming up with this game, the fact that two experienced developers can't release more than one update this year makes me skeptical that we shall see consistent releases afterwards. As someone who has defended them, and received plenty of facepalms for it, I am starting to be worn out with the waiting and silence.
Basically how I've been since early August with this. I already ended my patreon sub around that time... its simply too much. September was radio silence except a couple days, last was on the 25th... no news until now, but according to Dammed they are working their asses off doing the update, I am not sure I believe it to be so. Since 25th then its been at 95%, before that was 90% since early August. At 95% you're pretty much beta testing. Beta testing doesn't take 2 weeks until you're like an amateur at coding. Its getting way too frustating being a fan of this game.

Also, this thread is much of a mess as the game development, I lost count how many replies got deleted as OT... except there's nothing to talk except why there's no update. Of course we're going to meme it out to keep it alive.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Also, this thread is much of a mess as the game development, I lost count how many replies got deleted as OT... except there's nothing to talk except why there's no update. Of course we're going to meme it out to keep it alive.
Yeah, the game doesn't have a plot yet, nothing beyond "surprise! You have daughters!" and "surprise, you killed my son!". There's no problems to occupy our time crafting solutions for, no mystery to solve with a "Professor Plum in the conservatory with the wrench" theory to argue about, etc. Besides the delay in updating the fact that there isn't a plot to discuss is one of the many contributing factors to the discontent.

I'm one of the more patient people and I am getting to the point where I don't know that it will be worthwhile to continue to play this game once it gets an update. I may need to see 2-3 updates before I come back and invest my time in it.

ImmortalNight

Jul 4, 2020
I hope their friend has a tragic backstory like Sofi from PL. I love the MC getting to save someone and the deep connection that forms from it.

Drew Anderson

Dec 1, 2017
Yeah, the game doesn't have a plot yet, nothing beyond "surprise! You have daughters!" and "surprise, you killed my son!". There's no problems to occupy our time crafting solutions for, no mystery to solve with a "Professor Plum in the conservatory with the wrench" theory to argue about, etc. Besides the delay in updating the fact that there isn't a plot to discuss is one of the many contributing factors to the discontent.

I'm one of the more patient people and I am getting to the point where I don't know that it will be worthwhile to continue to play this game once it gets an update. I may need to see 2-3 updates before I come back and invest my time in it.
I think you might have forgotten about the weeks and weeks of "But the math doesn't add up on when the accident happens and the daughter's ages and... blah... blah... blah..."

4.30 star(s) 271 Votes