CHAD-MAN

Aug 12, 2017
I know Pareto´s Principle, I don´t think it would be apllyable on this case.

It´s more for socioeconomics contexts, like "The 20% of population owns the 80% of richness". On this case, it´s easier, if you want to communicate the state of a game development, the last thing to do is do it with a non linear time scale. At least if you don´t want to get people angry haha.
Agreed. Usually this last ~10% of a game should be about beta testing, it should not ever be writing stuff (Irphaeus excuse) or doing renders, it should be about making sure everything works properly and its ready to ship, maybe add a couple soundtrack here and there and making sure everything run smoothly. We're in 90% ever since early Sept, we're almost at Nov. WTF IS GOING ON?

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
So does anybody know approximately how long chapter 2 is going to be?
How would we know that? There was speculation that it would be just as long as the first release or longer. But nothing solid. However, the devs haven't released anything and, at this point, we don't know when they will.

Reactions: ImmortalNight

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
I hope this game doesent turn into a money milking machine like milfy city and deluca family :( I really liked it when i first tried it and hoping that the update comes soon and that future updates come faster
At least those two got actual updates, my dude.
We shall have to see what happens after this update. If they can actually start adhering to a schedule of regular updates (3-4 months) then it will help. But as of right now a lot of people don't have much faith.

HandofVecna

Sep 4, 2018
Their Patreon has done nothing but go up about $300 in the last 3-4 weeks. I scratch my head as to why they should release anything lol. Not Dev fault people keep throwing money at a demo done 9 months ago.

I'm sure it's coming. It's a lot of pressure to do a follow up on a huge successful demo and I'm sure they are feeling it. I think I'd crack under the pressure. Hopefully its yuge release and high quality and everyone does their happy dance. If it comes in under 1000 renders, no sexy time and less than say 16 animations, god help the Dev people might throw even more money at them! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: yudas51

ImmortalNight

Jul 4, 2020
Their Patreon has done nothing but go up about $300 in the last 3-4 weeks. I scratch my head as to why they should release anything lol. Not Dev fault people keep throwing money at a demo done 9 months ago.

I'm sure it's coming. It's a lot of pressure to do a follow up on a huge successful demo and I'm sure they are feeling it. I think I'd crack under the pressure. Hopefully its yuge release and high quality and everyone does their happy dance. If it comes in under 1000 renders, no sexy time and less than say 16 animations, god help the Dev people might throw even more money at them! :rolleyes:
Just because you can do something does not mean you should.

Elinan

Jul 28, 2018
I mean a break up from a longtime girldfriend sucks. I was in a relationship for 8 years and broke up, when that happened I started to work even more than before 50 hours a week. I didn't dig a hole and put myself in it. I got hit by a car and broke my spine, than I couldn't do my physical labor, but would that stop me to do computer related stuff? no. (I'm fully recovered now and work like normal too).
There are no excuses. If the devs got hit by a bus, fine, keep working anyway.

Lederzar

Mar 5, 2020
I really have no right to complain about the update delay as I’m not paying a penny for this VN but I really feel bad for the Patreons who have been giving money for 6 months (almost 7) without receiving anything in return I'm sorry for the Devs but this is called MILKING I think that out of respect for they subscribes SirD or Alorth should give an explanation of why it is taking so long,on September 24 they said it was extremely unlikely that the update would take another month to arrive however today is October 22 and nothing,if the Devs have personal problems that prevent them from doing their work then as a show of commitment and integrity stop charging your Patreons until you can resume work as normal

yltohawk

Mar 19, 2019
S
I know Pareto´s Principle, I don´t think it would be apllyable on this case.

It´s more for socioeconomics contexts, like "The 20% of population owns the 80% of richness". On this case, it´s easier, if you want to communicate the state of a game development, the last thing to do is do it with a non linear time scale. At least if you don´t want to get people angry haha.
o I take it you haven't had to match renders with the text, proof read 10k lines of text (in each render window) checking grammar and syntax. Proof final renders, run the code, affix sound effects and music, triple check the code links. and make sure the Gallery links are up. Then give it to the testers and let them go through it. Find what you missed then Go back and fix what's still broken (ie. touch up renders, text, download compatibility) and then you send it out. All this is done after the so called game is finished. So you still think it's not applicable???

Cornfield

Donor
Oct 30, 2017
S

o I take it you haven't had to match renders with the text, proof read 10k lines of text (in each render window) checking grammar and syntax. Proof final renders, run the code, affix sound effects and music, triple check the code links. and make sure the Gallery links are up. Then give it to the testers and let them go through it. Find what you missed then Go back and fix what's still broken (ie. touch up renders, text, download compatibility) and then you send it out. All this is done after the so called game is finished. So you still think it's not applicable???
Everything you say is fair comment, but we are talking about a 6 month delay , that has to be seen as excessive.

biggestboyo

Aug 4, 2020
I feel sorry for some of the patrons, but with how long it took to get a 2nd update past demo, unless theres a death in the family and so on, there are plenty of fishes in the sea and breaks up are normal. If dev was really feeling down, they should of halted patreon for a few months until they feel better/clear headed to work again, not stall for time while getting paid for who knows how much work. But hey, if your money and if u got plenty to spare go ahead. Perhaps one of the devs is trying to get this out ASAP, but the other is slacking off due to who knows what, if the devs are getting a equal 50/50 split, the work should be close to equal, but it doesn't seem like it at all. That the issue when it comes to partnerships.

Now about the update, i mentioned last week the update would arrive at the very end of the month, either last week or last 2-3 days, looks like I was right. Gotta give it to the devs, well done, very smart move, not the most honest, but hey if there is a demand for a product you can do w/e you want, right?

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
I feel sorry for some of the patrons, but with how long it took to get a 2nd update past demo, unless theres a death in the family and so on, there are plenty of fishes in the sea and breaks up are normal. If dev was really feeling down, they should of halted patreon for a few months until they feel better/clear headed to work again, not stall for time while getting paid for who knows how much work. But hey, if your money and if u got plenty to spare go ahead.

Now about the update, i mentioned last week the update would arrive at the very end of the month, either last week or last 2-3 days, looks like I was right. Gotta give it to the devs, well done, very smart move, not the most honest, but hey if there is a demand for a product you can do w/e you want, right?
Don't count yourself as right until we actually see the update. I am starting to doubt it will be here before November.

biggestboyo

Aug 4, 2020
Don't count yourself as right until we actually see the update. I am starting to doubt it will be here before November.

Haha, I'm not betting on it, but either way devs are making bank for who knows how much work they each put in each week or hours each month. Weather they uphold their promise of releasing the update this month of next year, the patrons will still choose to support them, so honestly, i doesn't even matter. I got a massive backlog of vn to play since i started playing jp vn as well so if its out, this month, cool, if not meh, more waiting. I'm just saying If i'm getting paid 6-10k I'd work harder to snowball those gains instead.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Haha, I'm not betting on it, but either way devs are making bank for who knows how much work they each put in each week or hours each month. Weather they uphold their promise of releasing the update this month of next year, the patrons will still choose to support them, so honestly, i doesn't even matter. I got a massive backlog of vn to play since i started playing jp vn as well so if its out, this month, cool, if not meh, more waiting. I'm just saying If i'm getting paid 6-10k I'd work harder to snowball those gains instead.
Yeah, true. The fact that they said "Definitely before October" and then are now saying "definitely this month" makes me skeptical that we won't see another post at the end of the month that says "Definitely before December". And you're right, if their patrons keep supporting them and are happy to support them then that's fine. I can go entertain myself with something else.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
I always say that any information is better than no information. As a subscriber in other games, I welcome any information on the project, even if that information is "sorry guys, I did nothing these few months". But that information has to remain believable. If Rebirth developer likesblondes that I support would have told me that every month he was going to release two hours updates and then they are only 15 minutes long, I would stop believing him.

In my eyes, the problem itself is not that is taking too long. That can happen and if you are happily supporting them, THANK YOU, as without you this project would not exist.

The problem is that information given about releases have been proven wrong, as the deadlines are being stretched out.

If I was a supporter, I would be pissed off. At some point, you have to deliver on your promise. But as I don't support them, it would be of total hypocrisy of me to complain to them. I hope they are doing better and coping with life as well as possible.

4.30 star(s) 271 Votes