Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
-To many LI's, i can understand that the devs want 2/3 alternative LI's, but the focus should stay on the tripletes, which are the sole point why the game is so popular.
I think currently we are at 5 potential LI's [Brooke, Mira (co-worker) Vanessa (waitress), Tiffany (model), Natalie (which would be really fucked up imo)] and this is only the 2nd version.
I really don't hope the devs go down the WVM path where LI's are thrown at u left and right for no reason, little to no personality and in a number that u need a list to remember them.
To parse what SirD has said on Discord, a lot of these are just going to be side girls and not endgame LIs. Someone like Vanessa, I suspect, is just an amusing side-fuck and not a character you'll be with at the end. Think of it like BaDIK; there are main LIs and there are side girls. Right now, I'd say the triplets, Brooke, and Natalie are main Lis, and Vanessa, Mari, and Tiffany are side girls.

-The date with Brooke was out of place. The tripletes are here for 1-2 days and clearly suffer do to their mothers death. They would need their father for support (and simply to know/bond with him) and the MC rather goes on dates, or on a coffee with Natalie (she has waited 8 years since the MC awoke from his coma, she can wait a few days more)...

The bonding with the triplets was honestly what i (and likely the most players) where waiting for, the lack of it, the most sore point of this update imo.
SirD has also said on Discord that they will be primarily focused on the girls and the romance with them and that this game is still basically in the intro stage, hence why so many characters are appearing in quick succession, but the girls will definitely feature the most.

-Glenn (cop) feels out of place, or simply more drama for dramas sake.
Do we need a antagonist in this story ? I would say no, there is already more than enough drama going on.
He won't have a particularly prominent role according to SirD, so it's not like we'll see him all the time, and it's also possible he may not even be around for the whole game either and this situation could be resolved quicker than we think.

They also said that they're not fond of antagonist characters who prevent you from romancing characters, so Glenn is not likely to do that here.

Give MC and the triplets time to bond, solve some of their emotianal turmoil, a bit of happy time in beetwen all the drama.
Again, from SirD on Discord, they have said that "most of our focus is on nice/wholesome/romantic vibes" so there shouldn't be too much in the way of heavy drama stuff.

NyVar

May 23, 2020
Assuming she was 18 when her son was born, and he was 18 when he died, and the incident was 18 years before Natalie and MC met, she would be 36. Ofc, that would be a huge coincidence but add or remove a couple of years from each of those numbers and it would still be around 36.
What you're saying is that the MC is 18? o_O Natalie would be 36 when the crash happened (Not now). And the MC is 36 years old.

NyVar

May 23, 2020
And i dont want to come off as an asshole; But do we need to wait another ~9 months for 0.3, or did some unforseen incidents happend to prolong the update? I just LOVED the update btw :) Thanks so much

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
And i dont want to come off as an asshole; But do we need to wait another ~9 months for 0.3, or did some unforseen incidents happend to prolong the update? I just LOVED the update btw :) Thanks so much
Yes, there were several unforeseen incidents that caused problems, both personal and equipment issues. Things should be on track for an update much sooner than this, probably 3-4 months.

ChrisHaze

Nov 12, 2018
I don't believe the cop is the dead kid's dad. Since his mother is Russian or Ukrainian and I assume his father probably is as well. Also the mother hinted that the father of the kid wasn't really too disturbed about the kids death. So he wouldn't be going out of his way to give you a hard time. As far as I can tell the cop is just a random douchebag the story could do without...
Agreed lmao, that definitely makes him useless. Maybe the author will give us a good reason next time, because, "That was my grandfathers house", and "Tired of your sports car", and "Hot young chicks running around" (I know I'm paraphrasing a little), just aren't good excuses.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Holy Bacchus
Yo, I know you are probably not interested in the dark paths, but you mind asking the dev if they have plans to address the issues pointed out in the thread?

1. It doesn't fit MC's default personality.
2. Rather than being domineering or dark, it comes off as childish, unstable, or sociophatic outbursts.
3. If a route or choice is presented in the game, it should make sense for the character to act that way. Motivations, personality, goals etc.
4. All of the above makes it seem very bipolar when you pick dark options.

Oct 26, 2020
Natalie is damn hot, but according to the story she should be over 50 and she looks 30 at best.

Based on her current looks I'd love to start some kind of relationship with her but if she looked her age that would be different.
Maybe dev should change her to the crash victim's older sister instead of her mother.
Not to sound rude or anything but there are plenty of extremely hot looking women in their 50's and a lot of them look like they're in their 30's so no the Devs doesn't need to change anything about Natalie because she looks accurate.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Not to sound rude or anything but there are plenty of extremely hot looking women in their 50's and a lot of them look like they're in their 30's so no the Devs doesn't need to change anything about Natalie because she looks accurate.
I wouldn't necessarily say "accurate", her face could look a little more aged, but I agree with the sentiment about hot women in their 50s.

Reactions: ___charming___

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Alorth started making ToE, but now they've handed that over to others and they just advise on it, so it's just NP which is a much simpler and less ambitious game than Radiant and the animations for TFTUV. Overall, I'd say the work they're doing on these 3 games combined is comparable to the top devs working on just one game with regards to render and animation production.
*sighs*....that doesn't help development time though does it? Nor excuse it.

Pointed this issue out to SirD on Discord and they agreed that it wasn't worded well so they have fixed it and it will be in a future "bugfix" update.
That really isn't the only issue...would you like me to point them all out for you, in case you missed the last 10 pages. Would be acceptable if you did...all their testers appear to missed blatantly obvious errors too. (and that's just errors, never mind the actual terrible writing/plot).

From discussions I was having on Discord where I was expressing concerns over this, SirD has said that Glenn will not, their words, "hijack the story" or take focus off the girls as this was just an introduction to the character, and they will also not be constantly in the MC's face. It will not be as bad as people are thinking, and they also compared this to a villain character in Polarity (haven't played it myself, so don't know who they're referring to) who people thought would be constant throughout that game, but they weren't. So maybe Glenn won't be around for long, but he apparently will serve some sort of purpose in the story.
We get it...as per usual.. We get you're also a patreon and will defend this to the death. This episode has numerous issues....a lot of them...and they all come down to bad writing. Defend away though....not like it's just me critisizing it....

As for Glen...utterly pointless character. Actually amazed Alorth didn't say wtf about the this whole 'plot'. if he not relevent, not going to be around much...why even fecking bother with him at all then? Won't take focus of the girls? Hah! Half of this update wasn't even with the girls. Seriously. Again...I'll tell you why, shoddy writing once again. Renders, animations, absolutely top notch.....but the rest? Not good and unfortunately, I think a lot of people's fears about this have been realised. It's gone into a completely different direction and territory from what the demo teased. If this is actually what Damned wanted..well, he already has this type of crap in Polarity (maybe you should try it for yourself). This VN didn't need it, nor did it even hint at it.

lordofevilcr

Donor
Oct 15, 2017
When I initially played 0.1, the game felt good. I'm not sure if I felt the same after playing 0.2. I'm a bit conflicted because there are a lot of good things in 0.2, but there are also bad things that didn't exist in 0.1.

I think the biggest problem with the game so far is that there are too many things happening, and I don't think the writing is good enough to tie them all up together nicely. So we ended up with a somewhat awkward situation now where we have a mix of a lot of good and also a lot of bad.

<snipped quote>

I don't know ... I feel like the foundation of the game at 0.1 was really strong, but then it took a few completely wrong turn in 0.2 that now we're kind of stuck in the middle of nowhere. My half-empty glass thinks that it's going to be hard to steer this back onto the right track in 0.3.
Thank you for phrasing this so well.

For me I really enjoyed the art, but I find it hard to enjoy the game with the story just being so unrealistic in places. The general tone of the story is serious and these bad scenes just keep removing my immersion.

Also Alorth mentioning they took more than a month rendering the sex scene. I totally believe that, and it seemed hot, but I don't think most people (including me) care much about that scene due to the sloppy setup (waitress jumping on you in a date!?). It's a shame, because I can see how great most of the art is in the game, but I can't enjoy it due to the writing.

argonisnoble

Jul 17, 2019
Not sure, but I'm using google chrome, and I'm running Win 10. Want to say it just started doing it, after I've been using the same setup all along. Once it gets to a certain amount(~1-1.2gb) it just closes the whole browser, and the download disappears.
Happens to me too,I just DL the compressed version or paste the mega link in Firefox instead.

Reactions: Kavin76

Wicked Garden

Osiris
Donor
May 9, 2018
I don't want him deleted.... I want to learn what happens when he calls my MC's daughters whores.

A lesson that will end very badly for him.
I don't care if Glenn is a cop MC should've kicked his ass when he said that, but he was too busy being stuck in beta mode. Calling my beautiful flowers whores is grounds for "early termination".

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
*sighs*....that doesn't help development time though does it? Nor excuse it.
Except that it does help it now that things seem to have calmed down for both of them after the issues they were having. Considering the fact that prior to this, Alorth was was working on about 7 different games whilst holding down a full-time until earlier this year, the workload for the 3 projects Alorth works on now should, in theory, be no more than those who produce one game with substantive updates every 3-4 months. So barring anymore issues, the next update for this game should be much sooner than this one.

That really isn't the only issue...would you like me to point them all out for you, in case you missed the last 10 pages. Would be acceptable if you did...all their testers appear to missed blatantly obvious errors too. (and that's just errors, never mind the actual terrible writing/plot).
Aside from this one, I didn't notice any other particularly glaring issues. Maybe a few minor grammar and spelling errors, but all games have those so it's noting to get worked up over.

We get it...as per usual.. We get you're also a patreon and will defend this to the death. This episode has numerous issues....a lot of them...and they all come down to bad writing. Defend away though....not like it's just me critisizing it....

As for Glen...utterly pointless character. Actually amazed Alorth didn't say wtf about the this whole 'plot'. if he not relevent, not going to be around much...why even fecking bother with him at all then? Won't take focus of the girls? Hah! Half of this update wasn't even with the girls. Seriously. Again...I'll tell you why, shoddy writing once again. Renders, animations, absolutely top notch.....but the rest? Not good and unfortunately, I think a lot of people's fears about this have been realised. It's gone into a completely different direction and territory from what the demo teased. If this is actually what Damned wanted..well, he already has this type of crap in Polarity (maybe you should try it for yourself). This VN didn't need it, nor did it even hint at it.
I'm critical where I think this game needs critiquing, like with the Glenn character, Natalie's young appearance, and some inconsistencies in the story, so just because I'm a patron doesn't mean I will defend it 100%. But honestly, I didn't find too much wrong with this update and it neither exceeded nor dashed my expectations in any way. I've played quite a few games with really terrible writing and awful stories, but this is not one of them as far as I'm concerned. It's not necessarily the best in some areas, but it's by no means the worst.

Personally, this game gives me vibes of some elements of DMD, Sisterly Lust, and Light of my Life all rolled into one, and since it's still early days, it has great potential to improve.

So, they wasted their best animation (it was pretty good) on a side character.
Plenty of games have side characters who have animations, so this doesn't seem like much of an issue, especally when you consider that it's still too early for that sort of action with the girls or even Brooke, and Vanessa was basically a bit of an easy slut. So it's like in most games where, as you build up good relationships with the main LIs, there are plenty of side chicks to keep you entertained on that journey.

4.30 star(s) 271 Votes