Raptus Puellae

Mar 23, 2020
Very very good gamer so far. Pretendant to masterpiece. But i have a question. I now incest is avoidable by don't download the taboo patch. But it's just cut the story and make it inconsistance. And the story is pretty good. But the story is make with the idea of the girls are the daughters of mc. So i don't want to play without the patch. And i'm not a big fan of incest. So my question is: romancing the daughters is unavoidable or it's avoidable ? (whithout have to be a douch of course)
there will be the chance to romance other girls, and if your MC's psyche is pure you may be even able to not romance the daughters, but that would defy the purpose of this game

AdamJohn36

Feb 12, 2019
there will be the chance to romance other girls, and if your MC's psyche is pure you may be even able to not romance the daughters, but that would defy the purpose of this game
With the Psyche choices i am in the other camp compared to Joe. I want to romance, seduce, and impregnate all the daughters. Definitely want romance involved but don't want to corrupt them either.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Not sure if you can fully escape it even on a more pure route, there are some indications the mother may have intentionally or unintentionally influenced the daughters to possibly be interested in you.

Reactions: Raptus Puellae

SenPC

Feb 3, 2018
it will be hard for people like me to do the asshole route, hope you do that route content the last , since not many people can stomach such route xD
(how can someone be meany to those cutíes :( )
I can be mean to a cute girl if she earns it, or if the writer never explores her personality and leaves her a generic bimbo. Bur after doing such a stellar job of building empathy for these girls through the brief emotional connection to their mom, it would be impossible for me to go down the dark path with them. I just want to turn into superdad, raise and protect them and give them the best in life. Excellent job by the writers of yanking the old heart-strings. This game is full of tropes, but none of them seem hamfisted or schmaltzy. The only thing I could possible recommend is that as they expand the story, make sure it's a slow burn with good pacing. This chapter one hit us all in the guts, but now that we're invested we don't want to jump right to the end.

Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017
it's a slow burn
whould had agree with your post, except for this... slow burn doesnt equal better story or relationships, i trust those 2 devs to make good story and believable romance or seduction while not having to take forever for anything sexual to happen. (y)
there is lots of devs that have shown that already (including this 2), i can name them but i wont since this is not thread to debate on such things.

Reactions: DA22

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
It doesn't have inconsistencies. I believe one guy was parroting this because the girls father wasn't mentioned yet (literally 25 minutes have passed in-game since we met the girls -- people gotta realize that not everything needs to. You don't actually lose out on any content, and it's designed for both types of players.

As the writer of the game I can say this is false. You didn't point out an inconsistency: you're just not factoring in that it has only been 20 minutes since we met the girls in-game. Give it some time: anyone who knows the first thing about pacing a story knows that you don't need to cram all the details down the reader's throats all at once "for consistency." I actually put quite a lot of effort into making sure it was at least moderately coherent with/without (with the occasional "caretaker" meme thrown in of course).

Setting that aside, thanks for the positive feedback and hope you keep playing/come back for the next one
Sure, you can introduce that later but right now It's strange how the MC asks them about the rest of their family, they even talk about grandparents, but doesn't ask about the father.

minoan55

Aug 28, 2018
Why would the MC ask about their father? You are told that Gracie's family abandoned her when she was pregnant, and that she struggled to bring the girls up herself - it is fairly obvious that there was no father present. It would be perfectly natural that they had no one else to turn to.
The MC may not remember Gracie, but he has enough information that they were obviously close friends at school, and that she regarded him highly enough to consider him the best guardian for her daughters. As the MC is presented as a thoroughly decent bloke, I don't see why he would not be flattered by her trust and accept the girls.

Half the problem is that people click through without reading the text and then make wrong assumptions as to what is going on. This is what IT professionals refer to as a "pic-nic" (Problem In Chair Not In Computer).

Belnick

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2018
I'm guessing his rich parents must of somehow gotten the entire incident swept under the rug since murder or manslaughter doesn't have a statute of limitations. They probably got his blood toxicology test erased so he wouldn't be charged with it and probably bribe some top level people to make sure their son doesn't get any liability with it.

I would love to see the reasons the victim's mother is after the MC.
I donno how laws work there, but would they wait 15-20 years(depending on how old the girl are) for the perpetrator to come out of coma before arresting him and placing the charges? or does the victim family have a choice to not place charges?(here it is government that decide, victim or victim family have no say if it should be brought to court or not) If so, the mother might have felt the 15-20 years lost in a coma was punishment enough, but still wanted to confront the person who did it

Reactions: Raptus Puellae

jacobbb

May 30, 2017
is the purity route more like a romantic route or is it a route where you have nothing more than a father/daughter relationship?

darth_hiruma

Jan 13, 2020
The MC may not remember Gracie, but he has enough information that they were obviously close friends at school, and that she regarded him highly enough to consider him the best guardian for her daughters. As the MC is presented as a thoroughly decent bloke, I don't see why he would not be flattered by her trust and accept the girls.
They aren't close friend iirc (I think MC mentioned it at prom that he didn't speak much with Gracie). And I remember that Liv mentioned that there are someone back home that can take care of them if MC don't want to accept them. So I think it's weird that Gracie trust MC enough to send the girls to him if he's not a father.

Majima@22

May 3, 2018
I'm curious in the Guide it said "The only catch is to try and find somewhat of a balance. Going too far in one direction can lead to more extreme consequences" So what will happen if I only focus on two For example, if I only focus on Purity and Lust and ignore Darkness , Will that still lead me to more extreme consequences?

ps: sorry for my bad grammar english is not my native language

minoan55

Aug 28, 2018
They aren't close friend iirc (I think MC mentioned it at prom that he didn't speak much with Gracie).
But the MC does not remember anything about Gracie, however, based on their arrival and the contents of the letter, it is reasonable for him to assume that they must have been close friends, because strangers would not send their children to another stranger for help. That was the impression I got anyway.

RRRS003

Sep 6, 2019
I don't play unless I get emotionally involved. This game is just perfect. It's emotional, realistic and dynamic. I hope developer finishes this game. Non completion of MSN and OF still hurts.
IKR... if the story sucks I just CTRL-skip everything, then I delete the game. Only a few games out there (10-15..) are truly engaging story-wise, and I don't know why but 9 times out of 10 this is immediately clear from the very first minutes of gameplay: I think either "eew, the story sucks" or "oh, wow". And Radiant seems to be one of the latters, even if it's a bit early to be sure.

karrek

May 14, 2017
Is there a version where they're not actually your daughters? Parent/child incest isn't my thing (though nothing against those who like it), and I saw this was labelled the "taboo edition" which made me wonder if there's a non taboo edition.

*Edit - Never mind, guess I already was playing the non-taboo, it was just hinting that you're the father more than I expected without the incest patch.

Last edited:
4.30 star(s) 272 Votes