• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Wicked Garden

Osiris
Donor
May 9, 2018
Are you serious? Wow. Over or under on this project getting finished within the next few years?
Having Devs work on multiple projects at once isn't reassuring to me, I like this project but I'm not optimistic about it being first priority or being completed in a timely manner. If it updates I'll play it, but I'm not losing sleep over it.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Having Devs work on multiple projects at once isn't reassuring to me, I like this project but I'm not optimistic about it being first priority or being completed in a timely manner. If it updates I'll play it, but I'm not losing sleep over it.
Generally a good rule to live by with the games on these forums. Majority of devs are single or very small teams, not professional software engineers, with limited experience in both self-employment and creating a game, so the majority of games will not be completed. Many of them also for lack of support due to being mediocre, but some good ones die along the way as well. The less sleep lost over this, the better. (OTOH, lost sleep shows an emotional connection, which of course is something we want.)

Wisblade

Jul 2, 2019
Majority of devs are single or very small teams, not professional software engineers, with limited experience in both self-employment and creating a game, so the majority of games will not be completed.
Sometimes, and sometimes ONLY, you can work on multiple projects at the same time without being late just because you have a critical path somewhere imposing the delay, but without blocking the people working on it - this is more evident if you're used to read/build a linked Gantt chart for a whole team. To be clear for others, whatever you do, there is ALWAYS someone (or something) that makes the final delay. If it isn't you, then you can do something else while a project is "blocked" - another project, for example.

Wicked Garden

Osiris
Donor
May 9, 2018
Generally a good rule to live by with the games on these forums. Majority of devs are single or very small teams, not professional software engineers, with limited experience in both self-employment and creating a game, so the majority of games will not be completed. Many of them also for lack of support due to being mediocre, but some good ones die along the way as well. The less sleep lost over this, the better. (OTOH, lost sleep shows an emotional connection, which of course is something we want.)
True. I talk to various Devs from time to time, that helped me get insight on what it takes to create games, how much time and energy goes into each project, etc. I wouldn't recommend any Dev stretching themselves thin on multiple projects at once, but it's not my call to make. Generally speaking I'm battle tested and worn when it comes to these games, I've gaslighted, rooted and defended games in the past, showed huge emotional investment and connection and seen plenty of top tier games with great promise abandoned completely. For me I just learned not to take anything serious anymore as far as these games goes, otherwise you'll drive yourself mad.

Paitryn

Mar 10, 2017
Honestly, I hope so. Radiant is far better than both of their other works
Are you serious? Wow. Over or under on this project getting finished within the next few years?
Very few projects around here have completion as a goal, more like they are serials with regular content updates. Most of the popular ones have been going for 5 years or more.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Very few projects around here have completion as a goal, more like they are serials with regular content updates. Most of the popular ones have been going for 5 years or more.
I am not really certain. DmD certainly leaves that impression but I would guess most do intend to complete a game (and then maybe make a sequel in the same universe) and many did complete. However, approaching these games "your style" and treating it like some TV show may not be the dumbest idea ever. Just like when a series got canceled without a proper finale you might be angry but it was more the ride than the resolution anyway.

Reactions: Profound_Madman

Paitryn

Mar 10, 2017
I am not really certain. DmD certainly leaves that impression but I would guess most do intend to complete a game (and then maybe make a sequel in the same universe) and many did complete. However, approaching these games "your style" and treating it like some TV show may not be the dumbest idea ever. Just like when a series got canceled without a proper finale you might be angry but it was more the ride than the resolution anyway.
didn't say many did not complete just that the most popular ones are still ongoing. Mr. Dots does have both on his plate with Melody having a definitive ending and Sunshine Love probably ending the same way, but DMD has more of a soap opera feel to it now and could end at any one chapter. Summertime saga is rolling the same way as is SSR7's Something Unlimited, though it seems like it should wrap up eventually, It's production time has stretched far beyond it's original scope.

And it's not to say these developers are "milking it" so much as players want more content just as much as the developer is comfortable creating it.

Reactions: Les_Riggs

CHAD-MAN

Aug 12, 2017
But they also do not like the idea of small frequent updates. So they want to make updates that have some scenes to them. The release of ver 0.3 and going forward will tell us more. Also you are not going to see them here as they used to come to this thread but the trolls were legion. Discord has some info but also a lot of discord-esque chatter and nonsense. We had a sub who reposted some info from SS here so you can look for that from time to time.

Hope that helps and welcome to the fan group.
Funny thing tho, its not like 0.1 and 0.2 were insane hours long, at best like 2 hours if you take your time reading. Honestly, I subbed until August last year, until the excuses and the radio silenced started. The pilot was great, it made the game grow waaaaay too much that it deserved tho, now we're paying the price of that initial interest.

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
I feel like a lot of games launched in the last 2 years have had more content in .1 and .2 then they used to. I remember demos and .1 where you barely got the names and pictures of characters. Some games still launch really light like that but Radiant did not. The whole Gracie hook was a tremendous .1 but we got to go to meeting the girls. So initial interest was justified IMO. What probably threw things off were 2 things:

1 The graphic quality and as stated depth of ver 0.1 made this feel like a project from a large team

2 The bad timing of issues causing delays of ver 0.2 which resulted in trolling, hatred, and spiraling animosity.

Once ver 0.2 launched there were some complaints about the neighbor douche bag (deserved) but many people were happy and they even got the 0.2.1 patch out to add some stuff they wanted in 0.2 but didn't want to have delay the whole release (because #2 above). So the amount of content in the current version is about as good as I have seen from a 0.2 from a small team. As usual just my opinion :)

Reactions: MrDeos and LSC82

Shinlaw

Aug 6, 2017
The game looks very promising, but I can't help but wonder - will there actually be incest content? Because patreon clearly won't allow that. I'd love to hear how the dev sees it before supporting the project.

CorruptKing

Sep 12, 2020
The game looks very promising, but I can't help but wonder - will there actually be incest content? Because patreon clearly won't allow that. I'd love to hear how the dev sees it before supporting the project.
There's a patch you can add that turns it into an incest vn.

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
You may be new, so introducing Subscribestar it is like Patreon but for adults who want incest and teens.

Also as mentioned Lewdpatcher

Reactions: RedZone30
4.30 star(s) 270 Votes