jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
One does not simply patch the game.
Is that a does not simply walk into Mordor reference?
Or seriously you cannot put the Patch on the PC version?

If it was a joke I am sorry I ruined it by not getting it.

If it was a statement then OK.

If it was a question I will try to help.

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
Is that a does not simply walk into Mordor reference?
Or seriously you cannot put the Patch on the PC version?

If it was a joke I am sorry I ruined it by not getting it.

If it was a statement then OK.

If it was a question I will try to help.
It's a meme given life by Lord of the Rings.
Yes, it's Aragorn's now infamous "One does not simply walk into Mordor."

• Angry
Reactions: Nulldev

Daddy4u

Apr 18, 2019
You don't get a prospectus when supporting the Dev's and if I were them I'd be damned if I would show you my books. How about showing me your income stream and that way I can find out if you are poor or a Pirate. The need to whine on this page is laughable when it comes to freeloaders... if you don't support the work fine you do you. But to complain about something you get for free is in itself the most arrogant behavior I can imagine. And the most pathetic thing is that you people don't care.

Sleep well.
Personally I wasn't bitching about the game, but the devs and I was a supporter but stopped supporting bc of their shady practices. So no we're not all freeloaders complaining but pointing out that anyone wanting to invest should be aware that they are very likely throwing away a lot of money.

FreshRevenge

Oct 17, 2019
I think I'm mostly disappointed because rather than take a game, produce updates in a reasonable time frame, finish game, move on to the next. The devs have decided they're going to try and be involved in multiple projects which means they're taking money for work they aren't doing on games for subscribers.
I'm sure I'll be flamed for this, but it would be a much better, more honest method if the developers were honest and said this wasn't a priority and they only work on it when they feel like it, or simply put it on hold until they can actually work on it. Trying to handle multiple projects just results in upsetting a lot of people because they don't provide content at anything approaching a reasonable time frame. It's a great game and I supported it for a while. But since it doesn't appear to be a priority for the devs, I can't afford to just keep supporting them so they can do whatever else they're going to do instead.
Put the game on hold and come back to it when you can actually give it the attention it deserves. MLC updates are the same size as the last radiant update and they come out every 1-2 months. It's not at all unreasonable to expect the devs to put out more than one update a year. All those months spending money for updates that are woefully small with a rather shady business model is just going to upset people. It just felt like I was being taken for a ride bc the devs figured out they could make way more money with multiple projects and then have an excuse as to why they don't produce anything bc they're so busy. It's going to give them good returns for the short term but they're getting the reputation of just taking money without doing anything and that's not a good long term image. Put the game on hold and come back to it when you will consistently work on it.
I'm not going to convince anyone one way or the other, it's just how I feel about it.

I totally agree. I think if the dev said that he was going to solely focus on Neko Paradise until it's completed. I would have no problem going onto patreon and supporting. If he said he would be mainly focus on Radiant, the same thing, I would go on patreon and support Radiant. I mean all the developer has to do is come up with a nice 4K wallpaper for the month and a delayed update post and make bank for that month on a game that they aren't actively working on at the moment.

I also feel when you do break your focus like that, the quality or the content is not going to be as good or what's expected. Like the 2nd update to Radiant didn't feel as strong as it was as the first release. I think it because they kind of hurry up some ideas and threw it together at the last month or 2 and called it an update.

At this juncture it would best to just wait until it's finally completed because at this rate it would take them like 7 years just to finish one VN.

Last edited:

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
I also feel when you do break your focus like that, the quality or the content is not going to be as good or what's expected. Like the 2nd update to Radiant didn't feel as strong as it was as the first release. I think it because they kind of hurry up some ideas and threw it together at the last month or 2 and called it an update.
It can help sometimes to have something different to take your mind off things, even if they seem related. I studied something called "Business Mathematics", consisting of - not surprisingly - business and mathematics. And even if they seem similar from the outside, they really are not and require different "skill sets". And when my "business skill" was tired, I actually could do maths as a "refreshment" and vice versa - it was still work, don't get me wrong, but it was way less exhausting and I had way more ideas on how to move forward. So if you feel constricted by some story lines in one game, not having the same (although other) constrictions in a different game can mean you feel more free to go on, even if you are not. When making graphics, you can get tired of the same old stuff, some other may help.

The flip side you mentioned is true, of course, you can lose focus, forget where you were, need time again to get "into the groove" after some absence. I just wanted to say that it is not all bad working on two projects at the same time.

That being said, I also don't think it is the best idea to have both projects "on demand" on Patreon at the same time. It does invite questions about how much you are into each of them. It might have been a wiser move to keep this one as a side project for now, and when the others are (almost) finished, you have a nice headstart.

Daddy4u

Apr 18, 2019
What game is MLC? And what game is your signature from? I can't find "the Guardian".
MLC is midlife crisis. It's on f95zone and if you want to support a game it's a great choice. The dev is responsive and like I said updates every 1-2 months. Normally every month and each update is as large as the last radiant update that took what 8 months and was probably done in a month so they didn't lose subscribers.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
MLC is midlife crisis. It's on f95zone and if you want to support a game it's a great choice. The dev is responsive and like I said updates every 1-2 months. Normally every month and each update is as large as the last radiant update that took what 8 months and was probably done in a month so they didn't lose subscribers.
To be fair though: while I love MidLife Crisis and gave it a deserved 5 star rating, not least for its wackiness, render quality, even render existence, spelling, game play consistency, and other stuff are severely below average from a technical point of view. There is a definite lack of refinement in there, and although that is a huge part of its charm, that is a prime example of why comparing raw data like number of dialogue lines or renders are not comparable - stuff like spell checking, having consistent variables in game, or placement of people and background take time, and unlike rendering it is mostly dev time.

(Still, I recommend people should try it, it definitely is one of the most fun games on here if the tags aren't against your kinks)

4.30 star(s) 272 Votes