Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
Tbh i play the most games from here for the Story. Ok there are a few exceptions where i play games for the "lewd" stuff
Story is the most important thing for this kind of game, setup, development... But if you pay attention to the story it's not *that* good. It makes us like and empathise with Gracie and the triplets fast, but if you replay it and are not as blinded as in your initial playthrough you see it has it's issues. The policeman part, the waitress, Brooke being suddenly a mother...

Reactions: BigDaddyDom

Mmushy

May 5, 2020
Story is the most important thing for this kind of game, setup, development... But if you pay attention to the story it's not *that* good. It makes us like and empathise with Gracie and the triplets fast, but if you replay it and are not as blinded as in your initial playthrough you see it has it's issues. The policeman part, the waitress, Brooke being suddenly a mother...
Agreed. Outside if the triplets, the story sorts of falls a part.
Like I mentioned many many posts ago, it's playing out like an adolescent fantasy and if we ever come to the conclusion of the story, that's what it will be; a dream while mc was comatose. Even the name "radiant" lends itself to that premise....
.that's if we ever see the conclusion of the story ...... :D

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
Like I mentioned many many posts ago, it's playing out like an adolescent fantasy and if we ever come to the conclusion of the story, that's what it will be; a dream while mc was comatose. Even the name "radiant" lends itself to that premise....
They had better not pull a Mario 2 on this.

Golden Trump

Jul 8, 2021
Story is okay and kind of builds up a tiny little bit of hype for the next update but the time gap ( you know what screw it , I will just say it :-Laziness) fucks up everything , this game's patrons must be one of the most patient people on the planet who are ready to wait for so long for not an excellent but good content. I am an avid supporter of devs who also take time be it DPC , Ocean, Philly Games bcuz I know what I will get ater the time would be one hell of content and they never disappoint. Can't say that about this game tho.

Well again if the patrons are happy with what they get , then its cool and I get it why would the dev would even want to fasten things up when he is earning good with the given time gap. Even morons like ICSTOR and Irpheaus still have their supporters even now.

KUDOS

Ciccio92

Jul 13, 2020
Story is okay and kind of builds up a tiny little bit of hype for the next update but the time gap ( you know what screw it , I will just say it :-Laziness) fucks up everything , this game's patrons must be one of the most patient people on the planet who are ready to wait for so long for not an excellent but good content. I am an avid supporter of devs who also take time be it DPC , Ocean, Philly Games bcuz I know what I will get ater the time would be one hell of content and they never disappoint. Can't say that about this game tho.

Well again if the patrons are happy with what they get , then its cool and I get it why would the dev would even want to fasten things up when he is earning good with the given time gap. Even morons like ICSTOR and Irpheaus still have their supporters even now.

KUDOS
everyone knows that it takes time, more times others works, the devs are working on this project and on their own project in solo, so it's normal to have less updates for this single game...

Golden Trump

Jul 8, 2021
everyone knows that it takes time, more times others works, the devs are working on this project and on their own project in solo, so it's normal to have less updates for this single game...
I dnt wanna sound disrespectful but I think dev earns enough to even hire freelancers to help him and not go working on other side projects when you can't even provide updates to your game in good time . Radiant is his main game and not some side project anymore and I am pretty sure he isn't having a Job to go to and yet it takes such long time for an update. Maybe I am wrong about him being lazy, but all I am saying is instead of going for 1000 renders in 7-8 months with stretching things unnecessarily , it would have been better to provide 500 renders of good content within 3 months. Then again as I said above its upto the patrons what and who they support.

Ciccio92

Jul 13, 2020
I dnt wanna sound disrespectful but I think dev earns enough to even hire freelancers to help him and not go working on other side projects when you can't even provide updates to your game in good time . Radiant is his main game and not some side project anymore and I am pretty sure he isn't having a Job to go to and yet it takes such long time for an update. Maybe I am wrong about him being lazy, but all I am saying is instead of going for 1000 renders in 7-8 months with stretching things unnecessarily , it would have been better to provide 500 renders of good content within 3 months. Then again as I said above its upto the patrons what and who they support.
the decision on how many renders to release depends only on the dev, if you agree with him cool support the dev, if you don't agree don't support him. this is for radiat's devs and for any onther dev, you are her on a site which give you for free the complete game, i don't think anybody here has rights to tell dev what to do. but of course this is my opinion. i don't know what is the real motivation of this time, but i thinks the devs are doing a great job and trying to give us the best they could fastest they could

Golden Trump

Jul 8, 2021
the decision on how many renders to release depends only on the dev, if you agree with him cool support the dev, if you don't agree don't support him. this is for radiat's devs and for any onther dev, you are her on a site which give you for free the complete game, i don't think anybody here has rights to tell dev what to do. but of course this is my opinion. i don't know what is the real motivation of this time, but i thinks the devs are doing a great job and trying to give us the best they could fastest they could
Did u even read the last line of what I said

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
I dnt wanna sound disrespectful but I think dev earns enough to even hire freelancers to help him and not go working on other side projects when you can't even provide updates to your game in good time .
First: this is the side project as it came later.

Second, as has been said quite a couple of times, the income for two devs this game generates is not as high as it seems to many, since we're only seeing the income before cuts and taxes and costs for a decent standard of living in Switzerland are quite high. While outsourcing some work would certainly be possible, a real "hiring of freelancers" is probably out of the question.

Maybe I am wrong about him being lazy, but all I am saying is instead of going for 1000 renders in 7-8 months with stretching things unnecessarily , it would have been better to provide 500 renders of good content within 3 months.
Well, one is 143 renders per month, the other 167 (rounded numbers), not that much of a difference. However I do not agree that "number of renders" alone is a good indicator of the work getting into a game. You can set up a scene and let the PC do the hard work of rendering - or you can spend quite some time fiddling with the scene first, making sure that the pizza MC is eating isn't flowing in mid air, that there is something on the table in the background so the scene looks more lively and so on, and only then start rendering. And maybe do multiple renders for the same scene because you want to see the resulting images if you put the camera a bit lower and to the right in the final product.

Anybody might think that this extra work ain't worth it, at least past a certain point, and that's a perfectly fine opinion. Depending on the "certain point" in question I think we would all agree with that. However, I want it to illustrate that "low render number" doesn't have to equate to "not working on the game as hard".

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
First: this is the side project as it came later.

Second, as has been said quite a couple of times, the income for two devs this game generates is not as high as it seems to many, since we're only seeing the income before cuts and taxes and costs for a decent standard of living in Switzerland are quite high. While outsourcing some work would certainly be possible, a real "hiring of freelancers" is probably out of the question.

Well, one is 143 renders per month, the other 167 (rounded numbers), not that much of a difference. However I do not agree that "number of renders" alone is a good indicator of the work getting into a game. You can set up a scene and let the PC do the hard work of rendering - or you can spend quite some time fiddling with the scene first, making sure that the pizza MC is eating isn't flowing in mid air, that there is something on the table in the background so the scene looks more lively and so on, and only then start rendering. And maybe do multiple renders for the same scene because you want to see the resulting images if you put the camera a bit lower and to the right in the final product.

Anybody might think that this extra work ain't worth it, at least past a certain point, and that's a perfectly fine opinion. Depending on the "certain point" in question I think we would all agree with that. However, I want it to illustrate that "low render number" doesn't have to equate to "not working on the game as hard".
I don't think (not 100% sure) that Polarity updated since Radiant came out, it looks like it was dropped since Radiant became a success. I'd say Radiant became the main project at that point.

Reactions: Cartageno

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
I don't think (not 100% sure) that Polarity updated since Radiant came out, it looks like it was dropped since Radiant became a success. I'd say Radiant became the main project at that point.
It did update once since then, I think, but of course is abandoned by now. Still, this game at least started as a side project and anybody asking the devs to stop working on side projects would negate the very existance of it with that. And - abandonment notwithstanding - the patrons of the other games have more rights to complain if their game gets sidelined without warning, while those of this game knew from the beginning that other stuff is/was going on.

Saying "I will not support this unless you stop doing your other stuff" is okay. Saying "I will support support this so now you have to stop the other stuff" is not.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
If you want to blame anyone for the way this and polarity are being "made" it all falls to the supporters that enable this work ethic. Alorth's still producing and being a Rockstar, the other dev not so much...

Not that blaming does a damn bit of good nor complaining but sometimes it feels good to rant until their mod friends erase the cries of udder truths...

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
I haven't really been following this thread, are there any news about the update?
Dude, I fucking hate those kinds of endings where everything was just a dream. It just makes the game feel like a huge waste of time. The big problem with the story right now is that the dev decided to do way too much, way too early. The cop character feels really unnecessary this early in the game. I think they should've let the player know and interact more with the girls first and then slowly start adding all the side characters.

Mmushy

May 5, 2020
I haven't really been following this thread, are there any news about the update?

Dude, I fucking hate those kinds of endings where everything was just a dream. It just makes the game feel like a huge waste of time. The big problem with the story right now is that the dev decided to do way too much, way too early. The cop character feels really unnecessary this early in the game. I think they should've let the player know and interact more with the girls first and then slowly start adding all the side characters.
It's just my take on it because it reads like a teenage boy's fantasy .

- successful fashion /celeb photographer
- every woman he meets wants to fuck him
- he's so charming that even the mother of the kid he killed not only forgives him but wants to fuck him too.
- immaculate conception. He gets to fuck a virgin that's had a baby.
- meets a bent cop but the cop's wife is going to help him out and fuck him too.

4.30 star(s) 271 Votes