cjdm

May 23, 2020
It also won't be updated faster than 8-12 months,simply because they have almost a 1000 patrons who are ok with that time frame. Simple as that.
Yup. Their lack of communication creates adverse selection, and even if they communicated it would improve our situation minimally because we know the devs to not stick to their word on the schedule they outline. 1000 patrons are fine with the pace of the game; though I believe many are revolving and newcomers who donate only to find the rate at which the game updates to be too long, like I did, and pull their funding, only for someone who just discovered the game to donate, and thus the cycle repeats.

Unfortunately, with this revolving group constantly keeping their funding high, there is no incentive for them to change their behavior, as they know with no update funding will keep coming, even after 2 years. So this poses quite the moral hazard, as known in economics/risk assessment, regarding their development and the funding received from supporters who don't know better.

I have a feeling they will update episode 0.4.0 around the 2 year mark in April as sort of an anniversary, so that's 3 updates in 2 years or an 8 month average. Even though they stated, not me, them... that they will try to update once every 4 months, quit their jobs if they receive adequate funding, which they have, and extend the update lengths, which I haven't seen. Their updates are essentially 4 month updates... that take 8 months to complete, while also putting some of their other games completely on hold. If I were them, I'd cut the dead weight of their other projects and focus on making Radiant great, updating more frequently and regaining the support from past supporters by just... communicating and holding themselves accountable... because this COULD even more of a cash cow than it is.

But what the fuck do I know?

Anyways, I hope everyone is doing well, this is my semi-annual check-in with ya'll. Cheers.

Mr. Wise

May 6, 2018
Im in chapter 2 and to be honest, its not that special as people rated or sayed, i dont know maybe its not my taste? prologue start very well but now, i really found story boring and the thing that everyone obssesd with mc is a bit annoying.
so if their is going to be anything special happen on story that going to shocked me just tell me so i keep playing it to the end ;)

Profound_Madman

Dec 3, 2019
Im in chapter 2 and to be honest, its not that special as people rated or sayed, i dont know maybe its not my taste? prologue start very well but now, i really found story boring and the thing that everyone obssesd with mc is a bit annoying.
so if their is going to be anything special happen on story that going to shocked me just tell me so i keep playing it to the end ;)
Those ratings were mainly off the first release and yes, it's not as good as advertised. But that's what time does, makes you rethink everything.

Cokebaths

May 30, 2020
What do you consider special?

Honestly if you don't enjoy it now, just stop playing. Not much different from the first two

Harkonnan

Give me chiisana oppai!
Game Developer
Oct 24, 2020
I have been wondering about the stats for each girl. Do they actually do anything to affect the girls personality or your relationship with them; or is it more like a tracker for mostly informative purposes?

I haven't noticed any changes yet so I was just wondering.

Other than that I have to say I am really enjoying the game but the release schedule is a real issue. I forget what's happening every time a new release comes out and have to replay from the beginning. I hope you can find a way to increase the speed at which the future releases come out.

Mr. Wise

May 6, 2018
What do you consider special?

Honestly if you don't enjoy it now, just stop playing. Not much different from the first two
I really do not know how to describe it, but, I've played games like bieng a dik, leap of faith, desert stalker, etc., and they all have something that just keeps me going and reading. Let's say that many of the games here have good themes, but the way the story is told is not something that forces you to keep going.
Like a book you are reading and the further you go, the more dependent you become on the story.

And yes, I'm going to drop it and try another game.

Qixoni

Jul 10, 2017
I really do not know how to describe it, but, I've played games like bieng a dik, leap of faith, desert stalker, etc., and they all have something that just keeps me going and reading. Let's say that many of the games here have good themes, but the way the story is told is not something that forces you to keep going.
Like a book you are reading and the further you go, the more dependent you become on the story.

The triplets are what keeps you going here, nothing more. What what you do and what you can do with them in the future, hopefully a good future. It´s not the story, that´s for sure.

DuckDairyDip

Feb 21, 2018

I kind of get what you mean with those examples, but Radiant did grab me pretty early on with the opening scene especially everything with Grace and the line she says while MC is in the coma. The scenes after involving some of the early interactions with the triplets and the subplot with Natalie I felt had solid foundations to be great stories. I think what kills it for me now is the lack of updates or at least blogs stating where progress is at in a thorough manner. I think this could be something special, but it needs some consistency in releases.

lolbenis

Nov 5, 2019
I have been wondering about the stats for each girl. Do they actually do anything to affect the girls personality or your relationship with them; or is it more like a tracker for mostly informative purposes?

I haven't noticed any changes yet so I was just wondering.

Other than that I have to say I am really enjoying the game but the release schedule is a real issue. I forget what's happening every time a new release comes out and have to replay from the beginning. I hope you can find a way to increase the speed at which the future releases come out.
You mean the Love/Lust/Dark points? Yeah they give you different dialog and some different lewd scenes. For example if you have dark points with Maddie you can spank her.

Reactions: LSC82

Unknown_Beta

Nov 12, 2020
I realized I'm already disappointed in the update that hasn't come out yet. This game is in the hand holding stage, after 7-months we might get to the hand job stage... this game in particular bums me out cause it had a good foundation but this shit is dead on arrival at this point.

CHAD-MAN

Aug 12, 2017
Whats bothers me the most is that the triplets probably have like 20% of screentime and the rest is random girls no one really plays this game for anyway. Trust me, if Damned just reduced the amount of filler girls in this thing we would have a much less dev time for 2 hours per 8 months...

...who am I kidding, he'd milk the shit out of this regardless.

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
Whats bothers me the most is that the triplets probably have like 20% of screentime and the rest is random girls no one really plays this game for anyway. Trust me, if Damned just reduced the amount of filler girls in this thing we would have a much less dev time for 2 hours per 8 months...

...who am I kidding, he'd milk the shit out of this regardless.
You have to be a good writer to work with a reduced cast and keep it interesting

4.30 star(s) 271 Votes