Hellraezer

Feb 13, 2018
I don't think that the triplets being attracted to the mc is that unrealistic of a scenario. A lot of women who grow up without a father figure develop interest in older men, even though he is their father he is basically a stranger to them because he was never present in their lives. The virgin mother thing is also not that crazy, she wants a kid but doesn't want a sexual partner so she just goes the artificial insemination route with a sperm donor. The only thing right now for me that is "way out there" is the mother of the murdered kid being instantly attracted to the mc.
I guess the DEV thought it was a great idea then couldn't think of a way to continue the story line, so they said, "fuck it" and had her seduce the MC. That's the way so many of these DEVs go. "If you can't beat 'em fuck 'em!"
In the latest update, friends of the 3-daughters is coming to see them. I would put money on it that she will too, find a way to get romantically involved with the MC. I'm hoping that's not the case, but the way this story is developing, I'm almost sure that it will happen that way.
So, I'm not sure if I should be excited to finish the game or not. Sometimes, I just want a true daddy simulator, because I miss my daughter IRL, and playing a VN is the next best thing to her being here.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Multi27

BurnerGuy

Aug 27, 2018
I don't like to be a dick towards devs because I know these games actually require a lot of work to make but I was just checking their patreon and one of the goals there is "Help us climb back to 1500(patrons)". If you really want to regain those patrons it would be a lot easier if you released updates more frequently. I saw someone saying in this thread that the update will be released in April. Assuming that is true, the wait between updates would be 9 months. The lowest tier on their patreon is $5, it's not really reasonable to expect people to pay $45 for an update.
Exactly. Like it or not, patreon is a two way street. People give you money because they like what you made and want to help you make more of it. After a while, that enthusiasm drops if there's nothing coming in return, and you can't really win those people back. They're gone. You can't go, "I know you've already paid $100 for a game that's been updated twice, but you really should keep supporting us because..." Because what? The game will be awesome a few years down the road?

So who replaces them? You have to have a lot of new players who have found your game, and that's more likely if people are talking about it and generating hype. No one's talking about Radiant because there's nothing to say anymore. 4K wallpapers? Hints about vague things that might be slowing down progress? The branching paths that are apparently going to be so complex that they require months of extra coding for updates that have barely implemented those paths? (Coding is my bread and butter, so based on the time this has taken so far I'm assuming Dammed has been setting up a neural network in the game and the girls will be AI driven eventually. Seems like overkill for what has amounted so far to a basic VN with minimal choice or interaction).

Jun 11, 2020
The appeal of visual novels is to have an element of realism or at least plausibility, so that the player can simulate the aspects of dating/courtship/seduction that they crave irl and feel like they are accomplishing something when the play the game. To have all the girls just throw themselves at the MC makes the resulting sexual encounters feel unearned and takes the thrill of the hunt, so to speak, out of the experience. If I wanted to look at lewds without experiencing the hunt I would just go on sad panda or pull up a video or something.
Next you're gonna want competition... :BootyTime:

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
I guess the DEV thought it was a great idea then couldn't think of a way to continue the story line, so they said, "fuck it" and had her seduce the MC. That's the way so many of these DEVs go. "If you can't beat 'em fuck 'em!"
In the latest update, friends of the 3-daughters is coming to see them. I would put money on it that she will too, find a way to get romantically involved with the MC. I'm hoping that's not the case, but the way this story is developing, I'm almost sure that it will happen that way.
So, I'm not sure if I should be excited to finish the game or not. Sometimes, I just want a true daddy simulator, because I miss my daughter IRL, and playing a VN is the next best thing to her being here.
I don't mind if more girls end up interested in the mc. I think it's obvious that at least one of the paths will be a harem path. I think the issue right now seems to be that the devs are adding too many things at once and the triplets almost feel secondary. In just a couple updates you already have to deal with the mother of the kid you killed, you have the asshole neighbour, you have the crazy chick from the restaurant and you have your coworker with her kid.

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
I don't mind if more girls end up interested in the mc. I think it's obvious that at least one of the paths will be a harem path. I think the issue right now seems to be that the devs are adding too many things at once and the triplets almost feel secondary. In just a couple updates you already have to deal with the mother of the kid you killed, you have the asshole neighbour, you have the crazy chick from the restaurant and you have your coworker with her kid.
Natalie (the kid's mother) could have done with more development than "I hate you and must kill you but wait let's fuck first now I don't want you dead anymore". I've never seen a grudge resolved so quickly.
Brooke is sweetheart so I've got no problem with her. Or her ballpunching wombat.
Glenn's already in the process of being written out partially -if not entirely- due to fan backlash. Most of us don't mind drama or tension in games but he was written in too early and all too willing to break the law/attempt to cause an accident and the "y u have grandpa's house wah wah" mentality he displays are not elements people particularly enjoy. When you lump all that in with ignoring his wife to stalk the player character while taking creeper photos, he's not really effective as a plot device as everybody and their grandma's dog can tell any case he might concoct wouldn't have a leg to stand on.
Whatever the fuck her name is from the restaurant can go to hell. I've always hated date buttinskis. Sorry, you mad cow, Brooke is much better looking. I also do not want to catch anthrax.

I do agree that right now the triplets (the actual stars of the game) do seem secondary and I really hope that 0.4 gives them a more central role.
I feel that the only one of the three with any plot development right now is Allie and her dream of being a model. There's some interesting possibilities there but please do not make the model a new semen receptacle.
Maddie's behaviour isn't really plot development. As much as I like her, Olivia needs some direction to go in.

Last edited:

TribalJOB

Jun 5, 2020
Exactly. Like it or not, patreon is a two way street. People give you money because they like what you made and want to help you make more of it. After a while, that enthusiasm drops if there's nothing coming in return, and you can't really win those people back. They're gone. You can't go, "I know you've already paid $100 for a game that's been updated twice, but you really should keep supporting us because..." Because what? The game will be awesome a few years down the road?

So who replaces them? You have to have a lot of new players who have found your game, and that's more likely if people are talking about it and generating hype. No one's talking about Radiant because there's nothing to say anymore. 4K wallpapers? Hints about vague things that might be slowing down progress? The branching paths that are apparently going to be so complex that they require months of extra coding for updates that have barely implemented those paths? (Coding is my bread and butter, so based on the time this has taken so far I'm assuming Dammed has been setting up a neural network in the game and the girls will be AI driven eventually. Seems like overkill for what has amounted so far to a basic VN with minimal choice or interaction).
I completely agree with "BurnerGuy1980".

As much as I understand that the developer wants each update to be "perfect", I am definitely not one of those who pays $45 for an update.

According to the Patreon page, the developer earns $5000/month.
Other developers earning much less release high-quality updates much more frequently.

This developer gives me the feeling more and more that he is just another "milking machine" among many others on Patreon.

Hellraezer

Feb 13, 2018
I completely agree with "BurnerGuy1980".

As much as I understand that the developer wants each update to be "perfect", I am definitely not one of those who pays $45 for an update.

According to the Patreon page, the developer earns $5000/month.
Other developers earning much less release high-quality updates much more frequently.

This developer gives me the feeling more and more that he is just another "milking machine" among many others on Patreon.
Why not, right?
As long as people keep "shoveling money at them," there's less incentive to work hard for their money. If people wait for the VN to be finished and THEN pay them for their work, I believe the developer will produce a better product. As it stands, there are so many things going on in the story, too many characters introduced at once, not enough character development for the ones already in the game, and slow development of the VN itself, I don't really see anything happening in this VN at all.

So many VNs get put on hold and some even get abandoned because the dev put too much on their plate at once, which is exactly the direction I see with this dev. Only time will tell if Radiant will become something special or if it will become just another statistic of failed VNs.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Why not, right?
As long as people keep "shoveling money at them," there's less incentive to work hard for their money. If people wait for the VN to be finished and THEN pay them for their work, I believe the developer will produce a better product. As it stands, there are so many things going on in the story, too many characters introduced at once, not enough character development for the ones already in the game, and slow development of the VN itself, I don't really see anything happening in this VN at all.

So many VNs get put on hold and some even get abandoned because the dev put too much on their plate at once, which is exactly the direction I see with this dev. Only time will tell if Radiant will become something special or if it will become just another statistic of failed VNs.
Again there is more than one dev!

One dev is consistently putting out their other vn with updates etc then there is the other one who has another vn that has had no movement besides saying a update is coming and it's big only after an abandoned tag.

Reactions: BigDaddyDom
Dec 11, 2021
Facts, the girls are feeling secondary. I'm so glad for the road trip. I just want some alone time with the girls. The cemetery scene was very touching "Amazing Grace" on violin was a great choice.

SpookyBites

Dec 27, 2020
i've been playing this game since the beginning along with polarity and neko paradise...i think this one needs an abandoned tag also....this is just another "lust man standing" or "monster girl island". too much genshin...

Jorjor69

May 8, 2020
I mainly lurk but Radiant showed a lot of promise so I'd like to add on here - I've tested some scripting required for VNs just to see how it was done and it's not complicated at all. There are no requirements for integrating new libraries, main game loops, memory management, optimization of arrays or any repetitive functions. A few years ago I coded an entire multiplayer mobile game with custom error correction for UDP packets (reduce latency) in under a month from start to finish in my spare time, with bugs and UI corrections from testing that took 2 weeks afterward.

The actual coding required for this game would take less than a week of full time work. I could see whiteboarding out plotlines and required assets taking a bit of planning, but there isn't a requirement to write your dialogue script in order to complete your coding structure. I assume when they say 'extra coding' they have to be talking about writing dialogue or... just making shit up.
The last sentence is more like it bru. But great to see a technical input from u who seem to know ur stuff! If only u could continue the VN for us... :( Yea, ik about copyright & sh-t...

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
Besides that, there's also the issue where some girls don't even have a real connection to the MC. There is the mother of the guy that died, ok, but besides that there isn't a "reasoning" for them to not feel "filler". Even a sister/cousin or childhood friend would make more sense instead of the ones we have.

The mother of the guy who died (sorry, I really don't remember her name) is quite nice because it actually feels like a redemption route. It was like that to the triplets, it is somewhat like that to the mother, but doesn't feel the same towards others, that's why I said above it feels like "filler". As long it strengths his reasons to recover his own life and guilt of his past I don't mind having more girls.

Last edited:

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
Besides that, there's also the issue where some girls don't even have a real connection to the MC. There is the mother of the guy that died, ok, but besides that there isn't a "reasoning" for them to not feel "filler". Even a sister/cousing or childhood friend would make more sense instead of the ones we have.

The mother of the guy who died (sorry, I really don't remember her name) is quite nice because it actually feels like a redemption route. It was like that to the triplets, it is somewhat like that to the mother, but doesn't feel the same towards others, that's why I said above it feels like "filler". As long it strengths his reasons to recover his own life and guilt of his past I don't mind having more girls.
A redemption route ?
Her path is one, if not the worst imo. She shows up infront of the door and wants to kill the MC (even if she doesn't act on it), runs away, the mc follows, got slapt and invitet to her hotel and a nude massage....ther is no redemption whatsover, the whole thing feels ridiculus.
Her character had potential imo, but the dev clearly don't want to follow the more serious tone which ep 1 set, insted he opted to fit every known cliche in it.

I do agree thought that the most other girls feel just like fillers, the coworker was the only one besids the triplets i liked, until that virgin mother nonsense came up.

Last edited:

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
A redemption route ?
Her path is one, if not the worst imo. She shows up infront of the door and wants to kill the MC (even if she doesn't act on it), runs away, the mc follows, got slapt and invitet to her hotel and a nude massage....ther is no redemption whatsover, the whole thing feels ridiculus.
Her character had potential imo, but the dev clearly don't want to follow the more serious tone which ep 1 set, insted he opted to fit every known cliche in it.

I do agree thought that the most other girls feel just like fillers, the coworker was the only one besids the triplets i liked, until that virgin mother nonsense came up.
I'm not saying her character is well executed. I just mentioned the idea behind it. Of him having a connection to her and having thoughts of guilt due what happened.

If it is well executed... well that's a different issue.

Reactions: Sangão

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
It's not just SirDammed or Alorth, it's both of them.
I disagree. One is so good about releasing their own game while working on these udders errr I meant this vn. The other is telling people for a long time that his other vn has a big update coming (only after the abandoned tag gers put on it) and still releases zero.

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
I disagree. One is so good about releasing their own game while working on these udders errr I meant this vn. The other is telling people for a long time that his other vn has a big update coming (only after the abandoned tag gers put on it) and still releases zero.
Plus Alorth does all the animations for Tales from the Unknown Void and that updates regular without bumps in the road.

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
You're misinterpreting. The guy I quoted seemed to be of the opinion that there's only one guy working on this. I meant only to correct him. You mustn't have seen the fragment of the post I quoted.

Reactions: Spfjolietjake
4.30 star(s) 271 Votes