Deleted member 1565614

Aug 4, 2019
I hope we'll be able to give the girls jobs too. Ally wants to try modeling right? We can try to swing some shoots her way, then we can get Maddy set up on an apprenticeship. I think Olivia might have to get into a junior level management position to eventually take over for Bernie when he has a tragic heart-attack in the third update.

GuardianZ

Jun 12, 2017
Right in the fking feels.

My dad died to Colorectal Cancer. It's not a fucking joke. Cancer is not a fucking joke. What it does to to your body is not a fucking joke.

He died an EMACIATED husk ffs. I wouldn't wish it on ANYONE.

Please, guys and gals, be respectful to each other.

Marshall343

Feb 12, 2018
I feel like the beginning was a little unnecessary, it would have been more of a shock to me that the three girls were the MC's daughters if the beginning of the story would have been the MC waking up from the coma and being explained that 10 years had passed. On the other hand up to now I really really enjoy the game and can't wait for more

Tigger254

Jan 27, 2018
The letter scene always makes we weep, to know the MC will never have a chance to meet her, to possibly have had his memories of her and that night brought back by meeting her maybe.

I really, really hope that Gracie will remain in the game in some capacity, maybe visiting the MC still in his dreams, so he can still be with her in some capacity, because i think she is certainly worthy of being not just a character used for plot lead up but being one in her own right in the game.

So i appeal to you Sir Dammed, please keep Gracie in the game somehow.

Thank you very much

Last edited:

Xarin

Apr 29, 2018
I feel like the beginning was a little unnecessary, it would have been more of a shock to me that the three girls were the MC's daughters if the beginning of the story would have been the MC waking up from the coma and being explained that 10 years had passed. On the other hand up to now I really really enjoy the game and can't wait for more
You know there'd be pages upon pages of people speculating and asking about what happened before if that's how it started.

Mortimilian

Jun 8, 2018
Seriously one of the most impressive debuts from any game I've seen. Dammed apologies if this has been asked/answered already, but are there plans to turn this into a sandbox style game? Or will it remain purely on-rails? I'm not a fan of sandbox VNs, although I make the occasional exception.

CouchPillow

Aug 6, 2016
Been a long time since I found a game where I didn't just hold CRTL half the time. Story is excellent and obviously the renders are amazing. Fantastic work to the devs, you guys should be proud of what you've made so far. I look forward to following the development of the game!

Reactions: GuardianZ

SrRK

Donor
Game Developer
Jun 18, 2018
Seriously one of the most impressive debuts from any game I've seen. Dammed apologies if this has been asked/answered already, but are there plans to turn this into a sandbox style game? Or will it remain purely on-rails? I'm not a fan of sandbox VNs, although I make the occasional exception.
I like to say that sandbox games are just visual novels with extra steps... something I'm not a huge fan of. There are a few exceptions where having more sandbox style gameplay can be a good thing/make a game more fun, like Neko Paradise/Ataegina, but these are not just copy/pastes of your typical sandbox games and actually make sense as sandbox.

The whole "repeatedly navigate to x-room on x-day of the week and/or build x-stats to unlock x-event" style of gameplay is mind-numbingly bad in my opinion, so I'd never adopt that style in my games. If I ever do implement sandbox of some kind it will be because it is unique/original/fun.

Radiant specifically, however, will never become a sandbox game since it's wholly story driven and the gameplay revolves around the choices themselves. I used to be a huge fan of Telltale and games like Life is Strange, and my games are sort of loosely based on that style.

Last edited:

TheSidewinder

Mar 31, 2020
First-time poster here (I usually lurk, on nearly all forums) but I do have to give a shout-out to the devs on this one. It's only a first release, yet already has emotional highs and lows, stunning renders, and a properly-written linear story. That letter was a gut-punch, after the sweet but all-too-short interlude the MC had with Gracie. I suspect I'll make this my first Patreon subscription, as well. Kudos to the team for this!

Minoruxxx

Apr 15, 2019
Radiant specifically, however, will never become a sandbox game since it's wholly story driven and the gameplay revolves around the choices themselves. I used to be a huge fan of Telltale and games like Life is Strange, and my games are sort of loosely based on that style.
Thank you so much for this, i will enjoy it much more knowing that it will never become a sandbox.

MoreLinks

Jul 27, 2018

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
This has to be one of the best ends to a game update I've seen on this site. Regardless of which version.

At least with regards to the presentation. Kind of felt like an ending to an episode of an actual TV show with how they had the music play over the final scenes.

Reactions: a1fox3 and SrRK

doe50818

Apr 5, 2020
I want to see so many things happen in this game, but I voice none of those things, because I do not want to intrude on writing that has already proven itself to be extremely good on multiple levels. I do not want my flavor of wants to get in the way of something that could end up being better without my "suggestions".

Too many cooks spoil the broth.

Antonie van Leeuwenhoek

Mar 30, 2019
No male characters will ever get the chance to touch any of the love interests in this game, even in the "Darkness" path. The only exception you will ever see to this rule (in my own games/stories) is when WE steal OTHER male characters wives/girlfriends. However -- even then, the girl in question (the one we are stealing) will likely avoid her husband/boyfriend once we've given her a taste of the magic D.

And no worries, you're welcome to inquire anytime.
Love ya bro

4.30 star(s) 272 Votes