Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
Strangely, I do think this update will focus on the triplets 90% of the time, considering the nature of the place they're going. Maybe this dreadful wait will be worth it. You'd think after 3 updates the workflow would be faster...
Considering this episode should introduce at least the triplet's new friend I'm not sure about that...

Maacko

Jun 26, 2018
i love the game but come on , 7 months and no new updates the dude had 1045 patrons, 5 k $ by months and say at 500 patreon uddaptes will come "far faster " what if he had only 500 patreon we can hope 1 update every year with 40-50 mn content, the dude just want the most money possible, this is why he include " a New girl" so he can wait 7-8 monts to publish the real content we want , the main story

• Red Heart
Reactions: fz

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
i love the game but come on , 7 months and no new updates the dude had 1045 patrons, 5 k $ by months and say at 500 patreon uddaptes will come "far faster " what if he had only 500 patreon we can hope 1 update every year with 40-50 mn content, the dude just want the most money possible, this is why he include " a New girl" so he can wait 7-8 monts to publish the real content we want , the main story
In all fairness, we heard about Alita in the very first public release.

KopengaKris

Sep 21, 2018
Well....with 1 update per year, this game isn't going anywhere. Feel really bad for the supporters and there's no way they'll stay loyal when updates are this slow. Pure milkfest, with an abandoned tag around the corner. Why is the updates so slow? There's a ton of devs that has the same quality and put out 3-4 updates a year. Once you get labeled as a milker the trust is gone and future projects get hurt aswell. Not really a good business strategy, huh? Thank god I'm a pirate and don't pay for this. ☺

JohnnyFlex

Jan 24, 2018
Oh right... forgot about that. Now I am sadge. God grief, its like they mock us in the face and dont realise we all don't care about the filler at all.
I'd care about filler if we didn't have to wait a year for every update, but with this long of a wait for an update, I would need to start from the beginning every single time as a refresher.

BurnerGuy

Aug 27, 2018
God, this game frustrates the shit out of me. The renders are so fucking good, and I really like the characters, but the insanely slow progress makes it almost impossible to stay interested. It's such a serious miscalculation on the devs' parts to think that doing this is better than putting out frequent, smaller updates. I know they're not milking, but in an environment where ICSTOR and Gumdrop exist, it's a really fucking bad idea to invite comparisons by dragging your feet.

Reactions: VOYEUR

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
Like who? The most successful games are being updated 1-2 times per year.
OK for the most part I am with you.
But what defines successful?

Does Blackheart count?
Does Westy count?
Does MrDots count? and

I ask because they all put out a lot more often. Dots is pretty clockwork 5-6 weeks. Westy is like 6 weeks and Blackheart is often because of the 3 games but I do not know the time frame for sure.

Again I feel like there are a very few exceptions, most often you are correct that successful games come out 2 times a year or less.

PEACE

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
OK for the most part I am with you.
But what defines successful?

Does Blackheart count?
Does Westy count?
Does MrDots count? and

I ask because they all put out a lot more often. Dots is pretty clockwork 5-6 weeks. Westy is like 6 weeks and Blackheart is often because of the 3 games but I do not know the time frame for sure.

Again I feel like there are a very few exceptions, most often you are correct that successful games come out 2 times a year or less.

PEACE
That's my point, some devs like Dreamnow release updates faster but not a ton of them do.

Reactions: User1230

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
The more the game advances, the more difficult it becomes with the branching, so increasing time between updates or decreasing content. But this game only has seen 2 updates, if the devs are already struggling with it it doesn't look good... 1 update a year soon?

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
The more the game advances, the more difficult it becomes with the branching, so increasing time between updates or decreasing content. But this game only has seen 2 updates, if the devs are already struggling with it it doesn't look good... 1 update a year soon?
It will take as long as the supporters enable them to milk. When support falls then a update will be released to re aquire that support. It's working so why change

CHAD-MAN

Aug 12, 2017
Having 2 updates per year for quality god tier games seem fine to me. Having 1,5 updates per year but really lengthy updates on god tier games like BADIK which has like 10 branches by now with massive RPG mechanics is also fine by me.

Having 1 update per year for games still finding their ground like Radiant is not. Radiant is the sort of game deserves another dev behind it. I dont even like MrSlowBlueBallsDots, but I think he would do justice to Radiant. And he usually updates 4 to 5 times per year for several games, while Damned had to abandon Polarity so he could release 1 update per year for Radiant :HideThePain:

As someone said, I am scared to be invested in Radiant because we dont really have serious branching right now and takes forever to update, so when we reach 2025 and the *real* branching begins... we're looking at 1 update per 2 years?

KopengaKris

Sep 21, 2018
Hmm....maybe your right, but the games I play have atleast 2 updates per year and when the updates drop their usually pretty big. Got around 170 games and about 120 of them keeps a good timeframe and has 3-4 updates per year (lower when the dev is working on multible games, that's understandable). That's alot to me atleast, ok...maybe not a ton (bad frasing), but you get the point. With the amount of supporters and cashflow you gotta meet the demands and looking at it from a business standpoint, 1 update per year just doesn't cut it. Radiant is in the early stages and if it's struggling now....well....you get the picture. I only have like 3-5 games that only been updated once per year, but atleast the dev/ devs explained why (even if it's a shitshow). A wallpaper and a "sorry update will come next month" should'nt be acceptable for the poor supporters. That's just bad business and to be honest I kinda want supporters to to stop supporting this project, unless the devs pause their support until the results are shown. Again, I'm a pirate. I don't support this project, nor will I because I would'nt get my money's worth. Sure...what gives me the right to complain, when playing it for free? I don't really, just writing my opinion in a business standpoint. Sorry, if grammar and frasing isn't perfect. English isn't my native language so....

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Having 2 updates per year for quality god tier games seem fine to me. Having 1,5 updates per year but really lengthy updates on god tier games like BADIK which has like 10 branches by now with massive RPG mechanics is also fine by me.

Having 1 update per year for games still finding their ground like Radiant is not. Radiant is the sort of game deserves another dev behind it. I dont even like MrSlowBlueBallsDots, but I think he would do justice to Radiant. And he usually updates 4 to 5 times per year for several games, while Damned had to abandon Polarity so he could release 1 update per year for Radiant :HideThePain:

As someone said, I am scared to be invested in Radiant because we dont really have serious branching right now and takes forever to update, so when we reach 2025 and the *real* branching begins... we're looking at 1 update per 2 years?
I doubt MrDots would do justice here. His team is stuck on the most boring vanilla tropes since DMD. If Radiant is that popular is because there weren't many games like Radiant. Now there are some clones but not many with the same quality.

Hmm....maybe your right, but the games I play have atleast 2 updates per year and when the updates drop their usually pretty big. Got around 170 games and about 120 of them keeps a good timeframe and has 3-4 updates per year (lower when the dev is working on multible games, that's understandable). That's alot to me atleast, ok...maybe not a ton (bad frasing), but you get the point. With the amount of supporters and cashflow you gotta meet the demands and looking at it from a business standpoint, 1 update per year just doesn't cut it. Radiant is in the early stages and if it's struggling now....well....you get the picture. I only have like 3-5 games that only been updated once per year, but atleast the dev/ devs explained why (even if it's a shitshow). A wallpaper and a "sorry update will come next month" should'nt be acceptable for the poor supporters. That's just bad business and to be honest I kinda want supporters to to stop supporting this project, unless the devs pause their support until the results are shown. Again, I'm a pirate. I don't support this project, nor will I because I would'nt get my money's worth. Sure...what gives me the right to complain, when playing it for free? I don't really, just writing my opinion in a business standpoint. Sorry, if grammar and frasing isn't perfect. English isn't my native language so....
Radiant has two devs and both have their own games in the making since before Radiant development started.
I get it, I want faster updates too but Radiant isn't the slowest nor the worst offender for the shit is getting here.

CHAD-MAN

Aug 12, 2017
I doubt MrDots would do justice here. His team is stuck on the most boring vanilla tropes since DMD. If Radiant is that popular is because there weren't many games like Radiant. Now there are some clones but not many with the same quality.
Radiant has two devs and both have their own games in the making since before Radiant development started.
I get it, I want faster updates too but Radiant isn't the slowest nor the worst offender for the shit is getting here.
I actually think he would, or at least we would do worse than what we have so far for Radiant, meaning a huge slow burn building and tons of filler in between.

Oh and I am pretty sure Damned paused Polarity development a long time ago to focus on Radiant, maybe he does stuff here and there but its pretty much abandon at this point, so its not like working on something else is the reason why Radiant development is so slow.

Alorth, on the other hand, pretty sure he works (and delievers) on like 4 or 5 games, doing animations and stuff. His game is kinda of a side project he does to have fun.

4.30 star(s) 271 Votes