BurnerGuy

Aug 27, 2018
I'm not sure what there's not to understand about the abandoned tag. If you're so confused by it, go look up the actual rule. The developer either has to go 3 months without talking about the game's development, or they have to communicate that they've abandoned the game. If neither of those are true, F95 won't mark it as abandoned, so it isn't a matter of favoritism and it's not a mystery why this one doesn't have the tag.

There have been exceptions, but those have been for extremely obvious reasons, like the developer saying the game was "on hold indefinitely".

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
I'm not sure what there's not to understand about the abandoned tag. If you're so confused by it, go look up the actual rule. The developer either has to go 3 months without talking about the game's development, or they have to communicate that they've abandoned the game. If neither of those are true, F95 won't mark it as abandoned, so it isn't a matter of favoritism and it's not a mystery why this one doesn't have the tag.

There have been exceptions, but those have been for extremely obvious reasons, like the developer saying the game was "on hold indefinitely".
Favoritism does exist here, not all vns are treated equal. Humans are fallible. For the most part this rule does seem to be followed though, but ignoring the favoritism doesn't make it disappear.

BurnerGuy

Aug 27, 2018
Favoritism does exist here, not all vns are treated equal. Humans are fallible. For the most part this rule does seem to be followed though, but ignoring the favoritism doesn't make it disappear.
Okay, but that's not what I'm replying to. So far, this game hasn't met any of the written rules for getting the abandoned tag, yet dumbasses are still going, "why no abandoned tag?! Must be playing favorites!" Which is clearly not the case if you actually know what the abandoned tag is and how a game earns it.

Is there favoritism? Probably. But that argument should be made in a game thread where it's met the site's definition of "abandoned" but hasn't been tagged.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Okay, but that's not what I'm replying to. So far, this game hasn't met any of the written rules for getting the abandoned tag, yet dumbasses are still going, "why no abandoned tag?! Must be playing favorites!" Which is clearly not the case if you actually know what the abandoned tag is and how a game earns it.

Is there favoritism? Probably. But that argument should be made in a game thread where it's met the site's definition of "abandoned" but hasn't been tagged.
I see your point.

my guess: The reason with this one in particular is because the words and actions of one of the devs. No more no less. The dev earned mistrust over both polarity and this vn.

Doing the bare minimum just to avoid a tag doesn't erase the bad feelings it earns.

I know I'm personally harder on this one because I'm still pissed over polarity, but I can't speak for others.

Reactions: BigDaddyDom

BurnerGuy

Aug 27, 2018
I see your point.

my guess: The reason with this one in particular is because the words and actions of one of the devs. No more no less. The dev earned mistrust over both polarity and this vn.

Doing the bare minimum just to avoid a tag doesn't erase the bad feelings it earns.

I know I'm personally harder on this one because I'm still pissed over polarity, but I can't speak for others.
I wasn't a fan of Polarity, but I get being pissed about what happened with that one. Especially when this one came out and was popular enough for them to become "full time" devs.

Personally, I don't think they're milking, based solely on their interactions on the threads on this site. Plus, the best way to milk is frequent, small updates at first to build your patreon base and get exposure, then slow way the fuck down and let your supporters forget about the $5 per month they're sending. It sure as hell isn't to have 2 updates over the first 2 years while patrons drop off and everyone forgets about your game.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
I wasn't a fan of Polarity, but I get being pissed about what happened with that one. Especially when this one came out and was popular enough for them to become "full time" devs.

Personally, I don't think they're milking, based solely on their interactions on the threads on this site. Plus, the best way to milk is frequent, small updates at first to build your patreon base and get exposure, then slow way the fuck down and let your supporters forget about the $5 per month they're sending. It sure as hell isn't to have 2 updates over the first 2 years while patrons drop off and everyone forgets about your game.
I will concede that it will be interesting to see everyone's take on this vn will be in another year.

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
Plus, the best way to milk is frequent, small updates at first to build your patreon base and get exposure, then slow way the fuck down and let your supporters forget about the $5 per month they're sending. It sure as hell isn't to have 2 updates over the first 2 years while patrons drop off and everyone forgets about your game.
Except when you raise $5K+ with the first release

Reactions: BigDaddyDom

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
To add: not all members and modders are treated equal either. Indeed there's dirty laundry all over the place as rules apply when convenient and disregarded when desired. I'm certainly one of those "black sheep" with only about half of my mods listed in OPs. Reporting gets auto-reject as if by algorithm depending who's online (wink wink). It's one of the reasons I'm holding off releasing for this VN until after the next update.

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
To add: not all members and modders are treated equal either. Indeed there's dirty laundry all over the place as rules apply when convenient and disregarded when desired. I'm certainly one of those "black sheep" with only about half of my mods listed in OPs. Reporting gets auto-reject as if by algorithm depending who's online (wink wink). It's one of the reasons I'm holding off releasing for this VN until after the next update.
I agree... but I still wish I had your amazing work for this game too... cause I think they'll never release the update... they are busy milking gullible idiots on Patreon....

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I agree... but I still wish I had your amazing work for this game too... cause I think they'll never release the update... they are busy milking gullible idiots on Patreon....
Well, how 'bout this: Via an NDA (not a non-disclosure agreement but rather a non-distribution agreement) I could add you to the private test group if you really want to replay the current VN version. Msg me later to remind me.

Reactions: User1230

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
Well, how 'bout this: Via an NDA (not a non-disclosure agreement but rather a non-distribution agreement) I could add you to the private test group if you really want to replay the current VN version. Msg me later to remind me.
That would be nice. I'll do that.

Reactions: Sancho1969

CHAD-MAN

Aug 12, 2017
Is there even a point modding a game with so few content and that its expected to have a 10 year span to have real branches anyway?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Is there even a point modding a game with so few content and that its expected to have a 10 year span to have real branches anyway?
Well, I personally mod every title that I play anyway. I simply share a few here and there to fellow members. So, I guess the point is that the mod has existed since this VN's initial release, I just never released it publicly. When fellow members that have used my other public releases request a title such as this that's when I start the internal debate on whether to release it or not... and I am on the fence on this although I'll admit (and I'm obviously biased) that the mod is badass. See, SanchoMod is more of a gui tweaker even though my walkthroughs (that dynamically change according to previous choices made) are damn sweet too regardless of the amount of content.

Looking at your sig, try out my BaD, ChasingSunsets, Eternum, or Vis mods if you haven't then you can tell me if there's a point in your opinion after your experience...that is if you haven't already.

4.30 star(s) 271 Votes