CHAD-MAN

Aug 12, 2017
Well, I personally mod every title that I play anyway. I simply share a few here and there to fellow members. So, I guess the point is that the mod has existed since this VN's initial release, I just never released it publicly. When fellow members that have used my other public releases request a title such as this that's when I start the internal debate on whether to release it or not... and I am on the fence on this although I'll admit (and I'm obviously biased) that the mod is badass. See, SanchoMod is more of a gui tweaker even though my walkthroughs (that dynamically change according to previous choices made) are damn sweet too regardless of the amount of content.

Looking at your sig, try out my BaD, ChasingSunsets, Eternum, or Vis mods if you haven't then you can tell me if there's a point in your opinion after your experience...that is if you haven't already.
This might be a off-topic but... don't those mods kinda spoil the experience? Like knowing the outcomes, positive or negative. I totally not down for walkthroughs, althought I understand people wanting them, and I always assumed it was a WT/Gallery Unlocker mod, maybe see all scenes sort of mod too. What exactly do you mod these games into?

EDIT: Oh, and I am the kind of guy that plays Bethesda games modless, unless its a performance, fixing mod like the one for Dark Souls, so... I like to experience things as the devs intended

v1900

Apr 21, 2020
EDIT: Oh, and I am the kind of guy that plays Bethesda games modless, unless its a performance, fixing mod like the one for Dark Souls, so... I like to experience things as the devs intended
:unsure: I see, you must like your hamburger with just the bread.

On the other hand imagine getting more fun out of modding a game than to actually playing it. That's what happens when one LI is pregnant and then gets a child but is also a virgin. :KEK:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
This might be a off-topic but... don't those mods kinda spoil the experience? Like knowing the outcomes, positive or negative. I totally not down for walkthroughs, althought I understand people wanting them, and I always assumed it was a WT/Gallery Unlocker mod, maybe see all scenes sort of mod too. What exactly do you mod these games into?

Your missing the point of SanchoMod...you don't have to ever even see a walthrough. Everything can be toggled on/off on the fly...everything. You can use it just for the other features however you see fit like gui changes, stat screens, save descriptions, etc. I ain't trying to sell you on anything, I've never accepted a single penny for my shares, just making sure you don't overlook something that might benefit you due to a prejudice against mods that doesn't exist in this case. Regards.

Jorjor69

May 8, 2020
Your missing the point of SanchoMod...you don't have to ever even see a walthrough. Everything can be toggled on/off on the fly...everything. You can use it just for the other features however you see fit like gui changes, stat screens, save descriptions, etc. I ain't trying to sell you on anything, I've never accepted a single penny for my shares, just making sure you don't overlook something that might benefit you due to a prejudice against mods that doesn't exist in this case. Regards.
Don't mind the pretentious ones sire, just continue on the good work you're doing. We are with you.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Don't mind the pretentious ones sire, just continue on the good work you're doing. We are with you.
Well, tbh, I always do my best to give benefit of the doubt. I reckon the gentleman simply has a prejudice against all mods since most are severely lacking and absolutely none do what SanchoMod does which is fair enough. I'd bet a dollar to a doughnut that if he tries the mod on any one of the his favorite VN's in his sig then he's likely onboard. If not, I respect that. I do appreciate the kind words though. Uthuriel has access to a test copy for this VN and I'm sure will report their opinion here once they've had a chance to review. Regards as always.

CHAD-MAN

Aug 12, 2017
Well, tbh, I always do my best to give benefit of the doubt. I reckon the gentleman simply has a prejudice against all mods since most are severely lacking and absolutely none do what SanchoMod does which is fair enough. I'd bet a dollar to a doughnut that if he tries the mod on any one of the his favorite VN's in his sig then he's likely onboard. If not, I respect that. I do appreciate the kind words though. Uthuriel has access to a test copy for this VN and I'm sure will report their opinion here once they've had a chance to review. Regards as always.
I can't have an opinion of the mods if I've never used them. As I said, its not a matter of "prejudice" (weird wording but okay), I just have a policy of trying stuff as the dev put them out there, call it a vanilla first playthrough, and I am sure its a great mod and all, but if I haven't DL and used them its because what the description says they do I don't see them improving my personal experience all that much from my own policy.

Halfbreed

Jul 7, 2017
I'm really sad to have given money like I was doing. I had hoped they would at the very least update on average twice a year, but good lord are they ever slow. They focus entirely too much on other projects and act like we should be thankful for wallpapers on Patreon and Subscribestar every couple months. It's honestly horseshit. I'm just going to revert to piracy for this game. At least I cancelled my support.

LivingUnderARock

Nov 22, 2021
I'm really sad to have given money like I was doing. I had hoped they would at the very least update on average twice a year, but good lord are they ever slow. They focus entirely too much on other projects and act like we should be thankful for wallpapers on Patreon and Subscribestar every couple months. It's honestly horseshit. I'm just going to revert to piracy for this game. At least I cancelled my support.
Yeah, I dropped my subscription, too. It's bad enough that there hasn't been a game update in 8 months, but they haven't even posted anything for 3 months now.

BurnerGuy

Aug 27, 2018
Yeah, I dropped my subscription, too. It's bad enough that there hasn't been a game update in 8 months, but they haven't even posted anything for 3 months now.
They did post something earlier this month. I dropped support, so I can't see it, but I'm pretty sure someone posted it a few pages back.

I had high hopes for this one, but gave up when it was obvious the first update delay was going to be the norm rather than the exception. It's possible that Dammed had the whole story written out, but the overwhelmingly negative reaction to that cop character made him start from scratch. It's a generous theory, but it's possible, since that character was introduced obviously to serve as a primary antagonist but pretty much no one wanted that.

• Haha
Reactions: Tatsuya25

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
They did post something earlier this month. I dropped support, so I can't see it, but I'm pretty sure someone posted it a few pages back.

I had high hopes for this one, but gave up when it was obvious the first update delay was going to be the norm rather than the exception. It's possible that Dammed had the whole story written out, but the overwhelmingly negative reaction to that cop character made him start from scratch. It's a generous theory, but it's possible, since that character was introduced obviously to serve as a primary antagonist but pretty much no one wanted that.
Glenn came off kinda whiny. RK Studios probably did have a whole arc written out for him but the execution of it all just made people hate him for all the wrong reasons.
There are some amazing antagonists in fiction. Sadly, Glenn wasn't one of them. Written poorly, introduced too early and felt rushed.

BurnerGuy

Aug 27, 2018
Glenn came off kinda whiny. RK Studios probably did have a whole arc written out for him but the execution of it all just made people hate him for all the wrong reasons.
There are some amazing antagonists in fiction. Sadly, Glenn wasn't one of them. Written poorly, introduced too early and felt rushed.
My problem with it is that an antagonist is meant to add a conflict for the protagonist to overcome. In a game like this, the premise itself is a conflict, so an antagonist is unnecessary. It's kind of like the police chief in Die Hard (a movie I love anyway). John McClane already has to deal with Hans Gruber, so a dude outside going "stop killing terrorists!" is irritating and boring.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
It's a generous theory, but it's possible, since that character was introduced obviously to serve as a primary antagonist but pretty much no one wanted that.
IIRC back when 0.2 was released and the cop got heavy backlash, Dammed said, he wasn't planned as primary antagonist, more like a pain in the ass for a while, similar as the antagonist of Polarity.
Either way, i really doubt that the reason for the delay is that the cop is written out or completely rewritten, would be a nice bonus thought.

BurnerGuy

Aug 27, 2018
IIRC back when 0.2 was released and the cop got heavy backlash, Dammed said, he wasn't planned as primary antagonist, more like a pain in the ass for a while, similar as the antagonist of Polarity.
Either way, i really doubt that the reason for the delay is that the cop is written out or completely rewritten, would be a nice bonus thought.
I didn't really buy that, since you don't introduce a character in chapter 2 whose purpose is just to slow down the story for the next few chapters. Then again, I don't remember Polarity all that well, so maybe that's one of Dammed's tropes.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
I didn't really buy that, since you don't introduce a character in chapter 2 whose purpose is just to slow down the story for the next few chapters. Then again, I don't remember Polarity all that well, so maybe that's one of Dammed's tropes.
Polarity has that rapist ? He stalked one of the LI's, tried to rape her, tried to kill the MC and was dealt with at the current games end iirc.
I have no idea what Dammed has planned, but as a primary antagonist through the game the cop is a poor choice.
I mean, does actually anyone feel threatened by him, even a bit ?
His ridiculous stunts, shallow motive, unusable and largely insignificant proofs, the wife is already on the MC's side...at best he feels like a joke not a thread, or just a timewaste. Probably for unneeded drama and or for introducing several LI's.

4.30 star(s) 271 Votes