Tatsuya25

Feb 26, 2022
this game reaease once a year no ? like. will save my words on this pile of - 404 error - guess will come check year again

BurnerGuy

Aug 27, 2018
Honestly, I've had mixed feelings about the dev since I went onto their discord and saw an entire section dedicated to the creator doing nothing but ridiculing people here and complaining about this community. Like I get it, he wants more money and crap, but I do not respect individuals who treat others like shit solely because they don't want to spend money on something.
I genuinely like both of the devs. They're both fans of games just like the commentors on F95, and they obviously have talent for what they do. And, hey, I even get their annoyance with some of the community here. There are tons of people who just bounce from thread to thread thinking they're experts on the abandoned tag without ever bothering to read the actual rule, or accusing every dev who's slower than NLT of milking. Just like every corner of the internet, people think their loud stupid opinions are valuable insight, so I'm sure it's aggravating if you're trying to sift through that as a creator.

On the other hand, plenty of the people who supported this game financially came from here. I'd make a guess that most of the hype for Radiant originated on F95, and it's not F95's fault that there's so much negativity towards the game's progress and that so many supporters have dropped off. I was one of them and I can tell you I gave up because they weren't saying shit about the progress. If you're giving at the $10 tier, you're basically paying $120 per year for 5 or so wallpapers and maybe an update. No one's going to stick around once they realize that.

D9074

Feb 21, 2021
Honestly, I've had mixed feelings about the dev since I went onto their discord and saw an entire section dedicated to the creator doing nothing but ridiculing people here and complaining about this community. Like I get it, he wants more money and crap, but I do not respect individuals who treat others like shit solely because they don't want to spend money on something.
i mean lets be real, a lot of these threads for their games are just sections just shitting on the devs, and he gets a lot of hate because of how long it takes him to update so i dont blame him for not liking the people here. if you came to a site and just see people talking shit about you im sure you would feel the same, just like when you see his discord.

I think there is a lot of good people here who think logically and dont just shit on every single dev, have good convos about the games and also the site promotes them pretty good. but there is also a lot who just shit on most devs and complain and hate as soon as they get the opportunity.

If i was making a game as a side project, working all day and then coming here to check on my game and feedback and just see people shitting on me it would make me not want to be here either tbh, people doubting you is good motivation but people shitting on you while you're busy as fuck and will then go and still be happy and download your game when it comes out to just shit on you again in a few months would make me not want to do it at all.

some may deserve the hate but a lot dont, if a dev doesnt want to be here or shit talks the site i dont take it personally because i know im not a part of that problem.

CHAD-MAN

Aug 12, 2017
If i was making a game as a side project, working all day and then coming here to check on my game and feedback and just see people shitting on me it would make me not want to be here either tbh, people doubting you is good motivation but people shitting on you while you're busy as fuck and will then go and still be happy and download your game when it comes out to just shit on you again in a few months would make me not want to do it at all.
Except when you're making like $6000 montly and poaching the money of 1000 willing patrons that support your ass, so you deliever 1,5 update per year (if even that) while not being transparent at all about said project, make a bunch of CG wallpapers no one will use anyway. Neither Alorth or Damned do this as a side project, doing AVNs and lewd CGs its their job, Radiant is a milking project while their other games are the side ones.

If you're not a milker and a proper developer, you'd be transparent about everything you're doing, if not for the public at least to patrons, so people would forgive your short-commings. Does it look like this is the case here? No wonder people shat on you for being, well... a POS developer too. So yeah, if you're taking patrons money, thats enough motivation to keep going. The thing is that everyone is OOTL as far the game development progress goes... but have another useless wallpaper made in one afternoon.

Seriously, explain to me what good-will you want people to have to developers that do this? Be honest if you want good-will. Or you're those people that gaslights what the dev of Milky City does too?

You wanna see a proper dev? Caribdis released Eternum after Radiant's Chapter 3, and is going to release his own Chapter 3 BEFORE Radiant sees a Chapter 4. It doesnt take much to realise how shit it is supporting this sort of development in the long run. You could drop enough money to buy a car before Radiant sees its end.

The reality is that this shit its irredeemable and I dont understand how there's still people defending this sort of crap.

D9074

Feb 21, 2021
Except when you're making like $6000 montly and poaching the money of 1000 willing patrons that support your ass, so you deliever 1,5 update per year (if even that) while not being transparent at all about said project, make a bunch of CG wallpapers no one will use anyway. Neither Alorth or Damned do this as a side project, doing AVNs and lewd CGs its their job, Radiant is a milking project while their other games are the side ones.

If you're not a milker and a proper developer, you'd be transparent about everything you're doing, if not for the public at least to patrons, so people would forgive your short-commings. Does it look like this is the case here? No wonder people shat on you for being, well... a POS developer too. So yeah, if you're taking patrons money, thats enough motivation to keep going. The thing is that everyone is OOTL as far the game development progress goes... but have another useless wallpaper made in one afternoon.

Seriously, explain to me what good-will you want people to have to developers that do this? Be honest if you want good-will. Or you're those people that gaslights what the dev of Milky City does too?

You wanna see a proper dev? Caribdis released Eternum after Radiant's Chapter 3, and is going to release his own Chapter 3 BEFORE Radiant sees a Chapter 4. It doesnt take much to realise how shit it is supporting this sort of development in the long run. You could drop enough money to buy a car before Radiant sees its end.

The reality is that this shit its irredeemable and I dont understand how there's still people defending this sort of crap.
just a heads up, i was speaking in general what i think devs will think while reading this site, what i said was not defending this dev in particular i was just saying how i personally would feel when reading this site. As i said some do deserve that hate. If its your full time job making games then its different to if you're doing it on the side.

if i was a dev for a game i personally would be very honest and open with the audience. Im an honest person so i wouldnt do it any other way. I wouldnt give dates when i think it will be out i would just let them know how much i have done. because giving out dates and then not following through is one way that brings out a lot of hate.

there are a few games on this site that had very good starts but then seem to just be non existent with updates, some started off with a lot then died down and some have just been consistently bad..

there are scammers in the world, do i think some here will milk money from people? 100%.. do i think them people are good? no.. I dont know what these guys do behind the scenes, if they are getting patreon money at a high rate and doing no updates and are not doing much in the background to get close to releasing then yeah thats pretty bad.

One dev i respect a lot is Tess from karlsons gambit, she was a month behind her schedule and decided to pause all patreon subscriptions, she wanted to put herself under more pressure to get it ready and i respect the hell out of it tbh. not all are like it though.

• Angry
Reactions: BigDaddyDom

yltohawk

Mar 19, 2019
Every time that someone complains about our decision to do constant small updates on Mesmerized each month instead of waiting for a big update that will never come I check this type of thread and I'm sure about our decision...
If you have regular updates, and they don't need to be big. You are moving forward and people can see progress. 15 min every month vs. 1 hour every 4 months guess which group will cry about the milkman.

Reactions: Grimmiger

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
FFS can people stop whining about how much these people are making? Make no bones about it, it IS whining.
If that's your only valid criticism, then don't say anything. It's all been said before and I for one am getting sick of all the mynas in here.
Endless repetition of a common fact does not make any position stronger. It makes you look like mindless, unthinking fool.
I fail to see any valid reason as to why people feel the need to keep pointing out how much they're making on this.

Last edited:

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Not sure who's worse, us whinning... or people still actually giving money to it. You might never recover your lost money, but at least you can pull the plug on it, pal. Trust me, you'll feel better once you do it.
The enablers giving money and reinforcing such udderly horrid behavior are worse than both the dev's actions (or lack of) and the bitching posters here. That's my vote anyway

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
Not sure who's worse, us whinning... or people still actually giving money to it. You might never recover your lost money, but at least you can pull the plug on it, pal. Trust me, you'll feel better once you do it.
Was that at me? I pulled my support months ago.

skater555

Feb 22, 2021
I am baffled this game keeps reaching 1000+ patrons every time it goes way below 1000. Some on this site are traitors who's giving money to this and delaying it for all of us non supporters! Squark is on our side though (y)

• Thinking Face
Reactions: fz

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
We should protest with our silence, both written and monetary.

Quiet all from me.
From a fiscal standpoint I agree entirely, but I don't want total silence in the boards. I want the dev to know people are upset. I'd love to see more communication. While I think the blonde could use a bit of work, the redhead and brunette renders are pretty damn good, as well as the waitress. It's a small detail, but one I noticed right away - after she blows you in the restroom she no longer has that perfect shiny lipstick on. I've seen so many devs miss details like that.

I appreciate the overall render quality - but yeah, when it's been over a year, the game starts to feel pretty abandoned, whether or not it really is. The amount of passive income is certainly enough to replace any damaged hardware for the rendering machine after a couple months, etc.

I think this is, in large part, why I like DPC's games. Even though new game content might take 6+ months, there's progress reports and developer updates quite regularly shared. People tend to be very forgiving when there's an open avenue for communication.

Masoot

Sep 3, 2021
FFS can people stop whining about how much these people are making? Make no bones about it, it IS whining.
If that's your only valid criticism, then don't say anything. It's all been said before and I for one am getting sick of all the mynas in here.
Endless repetition of a common fact does not make any position stronger. It makes you look like mindless, unthinking fool.
I fail to see any valid reason as to why people feel the need to keep pointing out how much they're making on this.
It's necessary though. Most of us are just sharing our experiences with others so they can make an informed decision. If any of the 'whining' here prevents someone else from making the same mistake of paying 120 bucks for 6 wallpapers then it's useful IMHO. If that's mindless and unthinking then I don't know what to say when people whine about whining...

4.30 star(s) 271 Votes