Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
So, does every thread get all pissy when games don't update within a specific timeframe, regardless of an official release date, or am I just unlucky with the games that catch my interest?
I suspect so. Leeches seem to get even more pissy than patrons. We've raised a generation of "I want my free shit and I want it now because I'm entitled to it!" Too many of them survived because the nanny state didn't let natural selection take them out, and now we're all fucked. Hopefully they won't reproduce.

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
So, does every thread get all pissy when games don't update within a specific timeframe, regardless of an official release date, or am I just unlucky with the games that catch my interest?
Unfortunately, yes - in the majority of cases.
But it's not that we just raised a generation of entitled fuckwads, we simultaneously raised a generation of financial geniuses.
Shame they turn out to be the same person but this is what we're stuck with now.

yltohawk

Mar 19, 2019
I suspect so. Leeches seem to get even more pissy than patrons. We've raised a generation of "I want my free shit and I want it now because I'm entitled to it!" Too many of them survived because the nanny state didn't let natural selection take them out, and now we're all fucked. Hopefully they won't reproduce.
The world is circling the drain as we speak and you know what.... Us country boys will survive. Darwin's Revenge.

• Haha
Reactions: PHIL101-YYouPPHard

ninetofive

Oct 23, 2019
Not really no, these guys have overpromised and underdelivered on every update and on their other games and people are sick of it. This one's been out for 2 years now and had 2 updates in that time when they were talking about a 4 month release cycle initially (each update took over 6 months, this one is pushing a year now).

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
While I do agree with you that that happens, on this case it isn't the first time this overpromises and doesn't deliver. This guy even has a reputation of promising yet abandoning projects afterwards, that's why people are mad.

The issue is this kind of bullshit hurts other hardworking devs. Before, you had one or other project abandoned. Nowadays, adult devs are getting dragged to this reputation of milking patrons and abandoning projects afterwards with no comunication at all. And when this happen with popular projects like this one it increases even more.

The thing is, this is kind of project where you can see the guy is definitely skilled at what he does, yet he simply doesn't care as long the money continues to cash in. Not to mention the lack of comunication, it's normal for people to get frustrated.

Skode

Mar 9, 2020
While I do agree with you that that happens, on this case it isn't the first time this overpromises and doesn't deliver. This guy even has a reputation of promising yet abandoning projects afterwards, that's why people are mad.

The issue is this kind of bullshit hurts other hardworking devs. Before, you had one or other project abandoned. Nowadays, adult devs are getting dragged to this reputation of milking patrons and abandoning projects afterwards with no comunication at all. And when this happen with popular projects like this one it increases even more.

The thing is, this is kind of project where you can see the guy is definitely skilled at what he does, yet he simply doesn't care as long the money continues to cash in. Not to mention the lack of comunication, it's normal for people to get frustrated.
One half of the dev team is a borderline workaholic in that he works on this, another project of his own as well as contributes to several other games.... the other half his main project labelled as abandoned already after not even bothering to keep Patreon backers in the loop lol. Its a sad combo but they never said on either side this game would be their primary focus, we were well warned on that matter yet people invest far too much emotionally that this SHOULD be the main focus and that created the most issues because low and behold it gets few updates per year and that gets to them.

I dont mind personally no more anyway as the appeal of the game heavily diminished based purley on the game itself. Its a hot mess of complete 180 degree turns one update to another (slutty cocksure waitress who seduced you infront of you date which was appealing and hot is now denying she is actually like that), an MC who everyone has magically decided they wanna fuck (including the mom of the son he killed he just recently met... yeah how is that for pacing!), random side girls coming in droves all wanting said magical MC (including the neighbour on the very first weird and out of nowhere meeting of the MC) and some ridiculous plot points just to pander to kinks (here gamers, have a MILF character complete with child... but dont worry shes still a convenient VIRGIN so you can deflower her on screen yourself).

Im only gonna keep playing to see where the story goes with the daughters and if the three routes actually make much of a difference as the girls like all the side girls have been sabotaged beyond repair themselves almost already vs what was first presented to us on screen when it debuted. The naive daughter who seemed a blonde bimbo seems more like a seductress who knows what she is doing all of a sudden, the more girl next door mature red head with the level head seems the one who has most descended rapidly into irrational pure lust for the MC out of nowhere and the black haired one who hates your guts all of a sudden doesnt like when her sisters gets to spend time alone with you.

I dont always approve when devs go back and add more content to pre-existing stuff done previous and i know thats a common feeling but honestly i wouldnt mind an update or two just expanding what weve seen already to smooth out there daft pacing issues and actually attempt to develop characters before getting them to where they are now as its jarring as it stands. The next update could well be their biggest yet and good on them for that but if its more of the same of... well this? i cant even say im hyped no more in all honesty.

MuddaAsian

Mar 26, 2020
You get paid $5k a month from Patreon alone and when you dish out updates, the content isn't even worth a re-download. This is basically the same problem with Irphaeus and Waifu Academy. Just put this game as Abandoned so I don't have to have the repeating event of "oh what's this game.......oh wait it's the practically dead one with a lot of copium and hopium put into it" while checking the similar threads section of other games that have actually consistent developers.

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
Ffs, yeah that came out wrong. Only people that can change this awful behavior, that matter in this situation are the ones enabling this milking tendencies by continuing to support it financially.

I honestly didn't mean to imply someone here doesn't matter.
Don't worry. I was just making a friendly joke. :D
Want me to send you a Tanja pic to calm your nerves?

• Wow
Reactions: Spfjolietjake
4.30 star(s) 271 Votes