dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
TBF the first release made an impression, and they capitalized on it. What is kinda surprising (not so much when you know of icstor) is there are still so many people supporting it today. And they don't even have a ~$1 tier

BurnerGuy

Aug 27, 2018
Abandoned is 3 months with no word from the dev on the game's progress. By that standard, they have until early June to either release an update or post something somewhere about the status of the game. There is no timeline for when an actual update has to occur (that's how ICSTOR avoided the tag for 2 years with no update. He just said "I'm working on it" every 3 months).

On hold is the dev stating that their game is on hold.

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
Ren'Py generates a .log file on first load. This can cause some antiviruses to flag it as a virus and either quarantine or delete it.
If you're familiar with setting whitelists, add it to that.
If you're not, Google will give you a good few sites. Just be sure to know which AV you're using before you search.
Once you have the information you need and have followed it, redownload and try again. There shouldn't really be a radiant.exe file in the windows-i686 folder. python.exe and pythonw.exe are the only two executables that ought to be there.

I don't know why your security system is generating invalid files such as radiant.exe .exe is an invalid file.
I do have a separate folder for Ren'Py games which I added to my whitelist (with the all files and subfolders option ticked). It should fix your problem if you can manage to do the same.

cornbip19

Apr 18, 2020
Ren'Py generates a .log file on first load. This can cause some antiviruses to flag it as a virus and either quarantine or delete it.
If you're familiar with setting whitelists, add it to that.
If you're not, Google will give you a good few sites. Just be sure to know which AV you're using before you search.
Once you have the information you need and have followed it, redownload and try again. There shouldn't really be a radiant.exe file in the windows-i686 folder. python.exe and pythonw.exe are the only two executables that ought to be there.

I don't know why your security system is generating invalid files such as radiant.exe .exe is an invalid file.
I do have a separate folder for Ren'Py games which I added to my whitelist (with the all files and subfolders option ticked). It should fix your problem if you can manage to do the same.
1652742759178.png
I don't have any AV and I also can't open other Ren'Py games.

• Angry
Reactions: Melkai

yltohawk

Mar 19, 2019
Patreon needs to add one rule that would at least make the Dev's. a little more accountable, and that is. If an update is not received before the anniversary of the last update then an Abandoned tag is slapped onto it. They should learn from Icstor so future scammers are at least limited in their ability to Bilk the general public... It's not a perfect solution but it is better than the alternative.

Necrosian

Jul 26, 2017
Maybe Patreon could introduce a pay-per-update system so Dev only get the money when an update is available.
"Here's another weekly update people featuring 20 images and few bugfixes" - dev

Also i think there already is a feature like that.

Mar 5, 2020
Maybe Patreon could introduce a pay-per-update system so Dev only get the money when an update is available.
It already exists but the devs can chose which type of subscription they want. Most devs chose the monthly one. There are a few devs like Walkius or Luxee who opted for the pay-per-update option. You can however choose when you subscribe what is the maximum number of updates you accept to pay per month (to prevent abuses)

• Sad
Reactions: Tatsuya25

CHAD-MAN

Aug 12, 2017

First, let me just say I'm sorry that it's been a little while since I've made one of these. For the sake of not sounding like a broken record I try to keep them sparse but I sometimes end up losing track of time and waiting too long. So if you were worried or nervous about our progress on account of my relative silence, I apologize.
As always, we're working hard to get the update into your hands and we're pretty close, so this will be the final progress report I make before the release of Chapter 4. If you're wondering why it's been a while, just know that Ch4 is indeed the largest we've done for Radiant so far, and should give players at least 2-3 hours of new content.
Speaking of new content, v0.4 will include...
• The most renders & animations of any previous chapter.
• New songs and some custom made/very spicy sound effects.
• One of the biggest and most fleshed out sex scenes we've ever done.
• More lewd and sexual content than all previous chapters, etc.
It's my absolute favorite chapter so far, and I'm confident you will love it as much as I do.
Now as for our progress... I'm going to avoid doing what I did last time (for the sake of not generating too much hype or putting my foot in my mouth), so I won't give too many specifics (like a date). Just know that I'm in the final stages of the story, a good majority of the update has been coded (and the first half of it already tested), and a massive chunk of renders and animations have been completed. This means the bulk of our work is done and we're in the "last hurdle."
Thanks so much for being patient with us and you have my promise that it will have been worth the wait. Also, I love you guys and really appreciate all the support. After the release of Chapter 3, we saw our biggest peak in subscribers so far (over 1500), and while we've hemorrhaged a lot of people throughout the course of working on Ch4 I'd never cut corners or sacrifice the game's quality just because we lost a few people.
Also, I wish our Ukrainian and Russian supporters all the best, and I hope you stay safe in these turbulent times.
That's it for now. See you all again soonish and hopefully with some big news.
Pffff. I'd be amazed if we see this thing before May. I am not even joking.
Well, how wrong was I? We're almost out of May and no chapter 4 in sight. I'd be surprised but... after the ridiculousness chapter 2 took to get release, nothing surprises me anymore.

And believe me, chapter 5 will take much long than chapter 4 will, with Damned working on Polarity again, it seems.

4.30 star(s) 272 Votes