Tatsuya25

Feb 26, 2022
It would definetly make a top 10 of promising games who ended up in the gutter.
this was no even promising or hope full , they said from the begining they will do one udate each year or so , * should laugh here * if can be direct, this si called S C A M , on other places, taking into considation the bunch bunch suporters they W A N T E D to have , like wao . have saw other developers with more content and more working on their pojects , and more updates like each 3 months , and with 1/10 of the suport these S C A M E R S got , and well is over due too . go check their P . excuses one after other .

• Angry
Reactions: PHIL101-YYouPPHard

fabulous007

Dec 30, 2019
I'd say if a top 10 was made about disappointing AVN projects that blew up in the fans face, Radiant would be certainly one of them. Like everyone else, I am really sad that its in this state.
Honestly the project stinked almost from the start, when I posted here for the first (and last ?) time a long time ago I kind of knew the project had scam features (incredibly long delays, "justified" by the fact that the devs have other games... except that they made a patreon page ONLY for this game, alone). I don't understand why so many people supported the game financially. Not saying it was a scam (maybe it was though) since the game was neat, and maybe the devs just didn't realize how much work it would be.

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
Honestly the project stinked almost from the start, when I posted here for the first (and last ?) time a long time ago I kind of knew the project had scam features (incredibly long delays, "justified" by the fact that the devs have other games... except that they made a patreon page ONLY for this game, alone). I don't understand why so many people supported the game financially. Not saying it was a scam (maybe it was though) since the game was neat, and maybe the devs just didn't realize how much work it would be.
To me it looks like Dammed wanted to score a hit game using a sob story to attract people, first tried with Polarity (I haven't played it, so anything I say about Polarity is just hearsay), it didn't work out, so he dropped Polarity and tried the same thing with Radiant and succeded. I don't think he had any plan for Radiant after the first Episode. It's no coincidence that the first episode is well structured and with good writing, and after that the game is all over the place storywise, just trying to hook people in with feelings in the first episode (and good models, I'll give them that) but no substance from episode 2 onwards. I've heard similar things about Polarity, but I would have to play it to be sure.

Having a Patreon just for this game makes sense considering they're two partners, though.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
I still remember the first release, man, the thread went ballistic. Had so much potential. If only he could....
The reason why people, including myself, were high on this was a combination of the triplets and the potential conflict and drama it hinted in the first release. But then, by then, beyond development times which are terrible, is that they really fucked it up with the story, turning what seemed to be a potential drama into a meme "I have a magic dick" story so let's fuck my daughters and everything else with holes, which obviously are all wet just for my very present.

So out of the two reasons, only the triplets remain, and they have turned more and more into bla characters with releases 2 and 3. Not even mention what a disgusting joke Gary Stu MC is.

Just to be clear, while I was one of the heavy "this has a lot of potential", I made it explicit several times that the key word was potential. In the end, that was what it was... a total misguided product with extremely cute renders. Works if you like seeing pretty pictures, but its writing is absolute crap.

Last edited:

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
The thread I watch but avoid to comment in 99% of the Time. The White Knight's level is out of this World there. Of all the biased Threads I've seen on F95, The Deluca Family's one is World Class and undoubtedly the Number 1. There's no place for criticism there, be it positive or negative. All the..S... I'll avoid saying the word immediately jump at your neck if you dare say something which doesn't praise their god.

Look, I don't have anything against hopesgaming and never insulted him or said he's a milker or whatever, but his defenders aren't objective at all.
Well it depends. I do believe that we (myself included) have made comments that look like we were defending Hopes. If anything, I was less defending Hope and more attacking the random entitled bitch that believes that they have should be able to tell a developer what to do. For example, I believe that WVM is among the biggest and most absolute pieces of crap anyone can read, but I would not go to the thread asking for changes or things like that, neither I would go to a thread saying "dude, release the game already, stop milking people, you piece of shit" while never supporting a game or anything... By the way, while the game is terrible, I think the developer is a super nice guy and I wish him a lot of success! Just wished the product was better.

Having said all that, I posted in the thread itself that Deluca development has done terrible and things cannot go on. But there is a difference between explaining that development is not doing thing and demanding stuff. My comments on development had to do with the amount of unfulfilled release dates. And all that coming from someone that have supported the game for 12 months, which amounts to the full price of an AAA game. Not saying people that ahve not supported do not have the right to criticize, simply that no one, supporters and none supporters, should have the right to demand stuff as if they own the game themselves.

I myself have made jokes that I failed to see Deluca ever getting completed now. That is why I stopped support.

Luckily, I have never supported Radiant, even if for a moment I thought about doing it after the first release. I would have really really regret it after the piece of shit the second release was. I do make contributions to great games whenever I can. Radiant will never get a penny from me. No longer following the thread, playing or anything. Just came cause a friend mentioned the thread.

Last edited:

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
The first release of this was a bait and switch. I won't say it was intentional though. The first update was legitimately very good. There is a reason it got so much hype. But that all went away pretty quick when this became a pretty standard harem/incest afterwards.

Adding onto what a previous post said, and I do admit this is a conspiracy on my part, but maybe they decided to standardize the game in part because of the amount of support it got so soon. It's counterintuitive, but it would be easier to just make a "standard" game rather than a unique one if you're going to get a huge amount of money either way. This would be peak skummy-dev though.

I don't like tossing around "milking" accusations, but it's sort of hard to make a counterargument for this game. They said it was nearly done months ago. Yet it doesn't seem that close. So the only explanations are

1 - They have a very loose definition of "nearly done"
2 - They're intentionally dragging it out.
3 - General incompetence.

And none of those explanations are good.

And people treat developers based on how developers treat them.

Look at Lust&Passion, people hate him with lust and passion even though, technically, he regularly communicates and updates the game. AWAM is the most popular fem MC game around. Yet LP is a condescending d-bag who habitually lies, so people dislike him. A lot.

And devs like Hopes get a pass, despite being snail speed slow, because Hopes is nice and likable. Same goes for Braindrop, recreation, etc. Just being slow isn't enough to make someone turn on a dev, people give a lot of leeway if the developer is well-regarded. The sad thing is Dammed was one of these devs back in the early Polarity days, and when this one took off. Oh how the times change...

Dankmemer

Jul 15, 2017
Well it depends. I do believe that we (myself included) have made comments that look like we were defending Hopes. If anything, I was less defending Hope and more attacking the random entitled bitch that believes that they have should be able to tell a developer what to do. For example, I believe that WVM is among the biggest and most absolute pieces of crap anyone can read, but I would not go to the thread asking for changes or things like that, neither I would go to a thread saying "dude, release the game already, stop milking people, you piece of shit" while never supporting a game or anything... By the way, while the game is terrible, I think the developer is a super nice guy and I wish him a lot of success! Just wished the product was better.
Agreed WVM is a cesspool of toxic positivity, its unreal the white knighting that dev has, i feel ill to my stomach reading some posts in there

harem - king

Feb 26, 2018
the game got too much hype and money after the first release
If people would learn to wait a few timely updates before throwing down their money, there'd be a lot less situations like this game. Or at the very least, if they would learn to retract their pledges after obvious milking happens then devs wouldn't do it. Unfortunately, a lot of people are fools, and well, you know what they say about fools and their money.

4.30 star(s) 271 Votes