Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Well it depends. I do believe that we (myself included) have made comments that look like we were defending Hopes. If anything, I was less defending Hope and more attacking the random entitled bitch that believes that they have should be able to tell a developer what to do. For example, I believe that WVM is among the biggest and most absolute pieces of crap anyone can read, but I would not go to the thread asking for changes or things like that, neither I would go to a thread saying "dude, release the game already, stop milking people, you piece of shit" while never supporting a game or anything... By the way, while the game is terrible, I think the developer is a super nice guy and I wish him a lot of success! Just wished the product was better.

Having said all that, I posted in the thread itself that Deluca development has done terrible and things cannot go on. But there is a difference between explaining that development is not doing thing and demanding stuff. My comments on development had to do with the amount of unfulfilled release dates. And all that coming from someone that have supported the game for 12 months, which amounts to the full price of an AAA game. Not saying people that ahve not supported do not have the right to criticize, simply that no one, supporters and none supporters, should have the right to demand stuff as if they own the game themselves.

I myself have made jokes that I failed to see Deluca ever getting completed now. That is why I stopped support.

Luckily, I have never supported Radiant, even if for a moment I thought about doing it after the first release. I would have really really regret it after the piece of shit the second release was. I do make contributions to great games whenever I can. Radiant will never get a penny from me. No longer following the thread, playing or anything. Just came cause a friend mentioned the thread.
Slightly off topic, but when I first looked at WVM, I thought it might be fun - saw a redheaded character with a cutish face on a PH play through and looked at a few recordings. Then I started getting creeped out that all the girls looked feline and would likely haunt my dreams if I played the game. That game wouldn't have a harem ending - it would be a pride or a litter...

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
If people would learn to wait a few timely updates before throwing down their money, there'd be a lot less situations like this game. Or at the very least, if they would learn to retract their pledges after obvious milking happens then devs wouldn't do it. Unfortunately, a lot of people are fools, and well, you know what they say about fools and their money.
The surprising is not that lots of people supported after the first releasee

What is freaking surprising is that so much people still supports this crap after two mindlessly stupid releases following the first release, with terrible development time!

In the beginning expectations were high given little information. People should have readjusted this product for the terrible disaster it is! Yet, it is making 5k while way better games barely reach half of that...

ꜱᴛᴀɢᴡᴏᴏᴅ

Bush Rustler
Donor
Aug 23, 2018
If people would learn to wait a few timely updates before throwing down their money, there'd be a lot less situations like this game. Or at the very least, if they would learn to retract their pledges after obvious milking happens then devs wouldn't do it. Unfortunately, a lot of people are fools, and well, you know what they say about fools and their money.
I mostly agree with you but there's also the other side of the coin where people speak with their money. I've seen a dev straight up abandon a game after the first version they dropped didn't pull in any money. Money talks and the dev said something about moving on to a different project because there wasn't enough interest in the one they were ditching. It's kind of problematic for a dev to think that way in my opinion but some people out there are genuinely trying to make a living for themselves so it's understandable sometimes if they cut their losses and bail on a "failure."
I can respect the hustle.
Personally, though, I never throw money at a first release, I don't even throw money at second releases, so even if I can respect that some people are just out here trying to make money I'm at least not a part of the problem. I find passion projects to always be better than the 'doing it for the bread' projects so it's no loss to me if someone bails early. It's a good filter for quality in my opinion. Just gotta avoid that first release hype whenever possible though.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Yet, it is making 5k while way better games barely reach half of that...
Or worse, devs of those better games calls it quits after realizing their games are getting nowhere near enough support.
Which is what happened with Oath of Loyalty Part 1.
Dev called it quits after realizing there just wasn't enough support for the game.
Luckily another dev stepped up to the plate to continue the story with Part 2, but most aren't so lucky, and just get left with potential squandered.

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
I must have hurt someone's feelings with my previous post since it got deleted. Truth hurts I guess. Pretty chickenshit deleting one entry in an entire thread just because I spoke the truth
Tone deaf people often mistake rudeness for "candor" or "truth". Even when something is potentially truthful, delivery matters. And, in case you're wondering, I'm not tone deaf - I chose my words and their tone deliberately since they match your own. Actually, mine are slightly more diplomatic.

D9074

Feb 21, 2021
i feel like if they was just open and honest they would be able to probably turn it around.. admit they fucked up and instead of false promises of more updates prove it with actions and work on the game more.. I dont understand why they just stopped, it has or atleast had good potential and thats why so many people get mad about it. to me if they are milking it that makes no sense, if people are paying to support a game surely that would make you want to give them more and work on it more.. instead of ruining your image and just milking the payments for a year or 2.. if that is truly happening then its kind of dumb and very short sighted.

you would get way more in the long run if you kept updating it and being open and honest, and also wouldnt ruin your image to the point where people dont want to support you in the future. Thing is by now the devs probably dont even look in the thread anymore, i see the dev on here the other day in other games threads.

maybe its because its multiple people working on it that its in such a bad shape, if thats the case and there is problems between them then it will probably never get resolved. unless one gave it up to the other but they are not just going to chuck away money.

Reactions: BigDaddyDom

Mmushy

May 5, 2020
Probably did not expect the game to "take off" and are scrambling to plot/create the game.
As posted previously, there is a BIG change in the feel of the game from its initial offering to what it is now.
It went from "feels" to an absolute generic, even childish teenage fantasy. Add to the fact the dev is willing to write out certain characters because of audience dislike shows this game have not been fully planned and story boarded out.

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
Probably did not expect the game to "take off" and are scrambling to plot/create the game.
As posted previously, there is a BIG change in the feel of the game from its initial offering to what it is now.
It went from "feels" to an absolute generic, even childish teenage fantasy. Add to the fact the dev is willing to write out certain characters because of audience dislike shows this game have not been fully planned and story boarded out.
Agreed, and that's what I've heard from other people about Polarity.

Antonie van Leeuwenhoek

Mar 30, 2019
Oath of Loyalty Part 1
Except that one had few irregularities and some questionable content.
This is spot on to the core. He was totally bewildered. The success took him by surprise which he wasn't prepared for beforehand, second release highlights that.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Except that one had few irregularities and some questionable content.
You'll need to be more specific as to what the actual "irregularities" and "questionable content" you're referring to are (otherwise, your response just comes off pretty ambiguous/unclear).

Granted, not saying OAL Part 1 was flawless (then again, no game ever is), but not like I or people who actually played and enjoyed it had issues with it to consider it questionable.

Last edited:
4.30 star(s) 271 Votes