1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
From Alorth on Discord replying to why it's taking long.

"You have all the right to voice your opinion, we won't kick you as long as you're not being disrespectful or your actions are viewed as such. It's true that we all agree that the update is taking way too long, not just the players but even us developers. The reasons for that is a big mixture... we are not only developers but also normal people, we also have family and like to play games sometimes... that means that as humans we can sometimes also get a bit lazy. On the other hand though, the update is bigger than the other ones and the branching also is a pain in the ass as it goes for the coding which would have initially taken longer one way or another, but of course not this much. Now it's true that the last month, we had planned to get the update out, but we had some inconveniences. Sorry that the waiting time is dissapointing, there isn't something we can do to turn back time... but we are already grinding the update out as fast as we can now. It looks to me like, people believe we developers are some special living creature that has no needs but just work. All the developers that are out there and have short update times, they are giving all of their free time into development, putting it on first place and everything else second. It's costing them everything, like it cost to me in the past. I used to have updates every 2 months, but I almost broke up with my gf because I had 0 time for her or other stuff. I worked, ate and sleept, nothing else, 0 playing games or so. Not to mention I even have a dog that I have to walk and give some attention. There are developers that even pass away, because they are all the time only working and being stressed about it. One of the reasons things slowed down on first place was due to health issues coming from overworking myself in the past. So to put it short, I'm taking it slower for my own good at moment and I even hired a artist to help me. You might think that it should be faster if I hire someone, but that's wrong thinking... the few artists that can do close to my quality work that I can hire, take way more time than I do with artwork, so it's not making up for me doing less work. I could hire more artists, but imagine, just for example, if i would hire any other developer out there... how drastically the quality of the game visuals would change... The visual quality is not a fixed thing of this engine, so not anyone can do it, even if they have 5 years experience with it, it might not be enough if they lack the understanding of the engine. If some genie would grant me a wish, and say... You can pick one developer, to work for you for free for the visuals so pick one... I would say, fuck it, no thanks... There wouldn't be a single one around I could pick for my own games unless I teach them for at least half a year and there are no exceptions. I don't want to seem like a high nose or something, but I'm being realistic. I was like everyone else at start, but I started to work in a different way, which made such a huge difference in quality and any other way won't be the same. Not everyone can overcome a huge wall alone... Don't get me wrong, there are good developers out there which have nice quality visuals and use the same engine, but this is also about consistency of the games and the more someone is used to work one way, the harder it is for that person to change his ways."
There are devs around there who talk less than half of the bullshit it is said there, not to mentioning less patrons and yet stop monetization when they feel they don't deserve.

I will say it once again, he's still receiving money for his older game. Also, it smells when a partner in a project blames on the other due the mob getting impatient. When they were nearly a year without anything.

Even the lack of effort to show development is ridiculous. Only photoshops every month. Not even a small dev diary.

I mainly come here for the memes, but it's insane how so many hardworking devs don't even get a tenth of the money this guy gets. It isn't only the lack of updates, but the lack of actual care for their fans. Specially when it isn't the first time he does that.

I was pretty careful calling out the dev on posts before, not my thing as I said, but the more I read, the more it shows it is an actual scam, I'm sorry.

Ragnarprime

May 28, 2019
There are devs around there who talk less than half of the bullshit it is said there, not to mentioning less patrons and yet stop monetization when they feel they don't deserve.

I will say it once again, he's still receiving money for his older game. Also, it smells when a partner in a project blames on the other due the mob getting impatient. When they were nearly a year without anything.

Even the lack of effort to show development is ridiculous. Only photoshops every month. Not even a small dev diary.

I mainly come here for the memes, but it's insane how so many hardworking devs don't even get a tenth of the money this guy gets. It isn't only the lack of updates, but the lack of actual care for their fans. Specially when it isn't the first time he does that.

I was pretty careful calling out the dev on posts before, not my thing as I said, but the more I read, the more it shows it is an actual scam, I'm sorry.
[/QUOTE]
Yeah think Patreon should just cut people off after set time of inactivity and have to resubmit if they wish to continue supporting. Might be the kick in the pants they need to do something.

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
Yeah think Patreon should just cut people off after set time of inactivity and have to resubmit if they wish to continue supporting. Might be the kick in the pants they need to do something.
Doubt it. As long as Patreon gets their cut and as long the content doesn't violate the Terms & Conditions of them or whoever tells them what rules to follow, Patreon are happy. Imagine thinking Patreon are interested in anything but safe money.

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
That was a very longwinded way to say "We're unfocused, unprofessional and disorganized."

Nobody expects full-time developers, which I assume Alorth and Dammed are, to work more than other full-time workers. In fact, depending on their skill level and project complexity, they can probably get away with working less while still producing decent updates. Huge updates? No, but decent 200-400 render updates. This is why developers should plan ahead, to avoid biting off more than you can chew. It seems that they haven't done this.

I agree that finding an artist helper is difficult to do...but he's overestimating this games art quality. Is it good? Yes, but not top tier by any means. Plenty of other games and fanart people produce comparable quality.

And I'd argue he already has an artist helper...Dammed. Dammed definitely isn't writing or coding 8 hours a day, he can help with the art in some way I'm sure.

Last edited:

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
I agree that finding an artist helper is difficult to do...but he's overestimating this games art quality. Is it good? Yes, but not top tier by any means. Plenty of other games and fanart people produce comparable quality.
TBF it was top tier at the initial release in 2020 (part of the success), but nowadays it's nothing to brag about even though it's still high tier

Tatsuya25

Feb 26, 2022
That was a very longwinded way to say "We're unfocused, unprofessional and disorganized."

Nobody expects full-time developers, which I assume Alorth and Dammed are, to work more than other full-time workers. In fact, depending on their skill level and project complexity, they can probably get away with working less while still producing decent updates. Huge updates? No, but decent 200-400 render updates. This is why developers should plan ahead, to avoid biting off more than you can chew. It seems that they haven't done this.

And I'd argue he already has an artist helper...Dammed. Dammed definitely isn't writing or coding 8 hours a day, he can help with the art in some way I'm sure.
That was a very longwinded way to say "We're scaming you, trolling you and our supporters meant nothing to us ." 2 years for one update coming soon tm

and yes a newbie developer with 3 to 4 hours free at day , 3 days a week could do , 400 renders on a month by what i have see around, add codding uncoding all that sauce , 3 to 4 moths for a good update should suffice , but well everybody knows this dev is just. No down to earth ?

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
I don't know if he's being dishonest again or if he's really that delusional, but I had a good laugh regardless.
Branching paths can take a long time to make right. For instance, one player might want to boink the trips while another might want to hook up with the batshit waitress.

But even all of this (and Alorth's trip) should not have taken THIS long.

• Sad
Reactions: Tatsuya25

Ragnarprime

May 28, 2019
At this point lets take some guesses at what we will get.

X game so lets start with Sauce
1A Still PG with the three. But maybe someone not on the title.
1B Get with one
1C Get with two
1D Get with all three
1E Get with no one
1F Get with everyone

Been almost a year so amount of game. Maybe do all the branching paths to see what is new through them all
2A Story that takes 10 minutes or less to read
2B Story that takes 10 - 20 minutes
2C Story with 20-40 minutes
2D Story 40-60 minutes
2E More than a hour?

Last I remember it was slated for the end of May so can choose more than one.
3A More delays
3B More excuses
3C Quitting because he knows we are right and stress got to him
3D Just going quiet while collecting Patreon
3E releasing within a week.
3F Month
3G 2022
3H 2023
3I Eventually

My guess is 1E 2B and well 3F A B D

BeingADikDik

Apr 17, 2021
At this point lets take some guesses at what we will get.

X game so lets start with Sauce
1A Still PG with the three. But maybe someone not on the title.
1B Get with one
1C Get with two
1D Get with all three
1E Get with no one
1F Get with everyone

Been almost a year so amount of game. Maybe do all the branching paths to see what is new through them all
2A Story that takes 10 minutes or less to read
2B Story that takes 10 - 20 minutes
2C Story with 20-40 minutes
2D Story 40-60 minutes
2E More than a hour?

Last I remember it was slated for the end of May so can choose more than one.
3A More delays
3B More excuses
3C Quitting because he knows we are right and stress got to him
3D Just going quiet while collecting Patreon
3E releasing within a week.
3F Month
3G 2022
3H 2023
3I Eventually

My guess is 1E 2B and well 3F A B D
Rook to Bishop 4, checkmate!

95zuser99031

Jan 28, 2020
Branching paths can take a long time to make right. For instance, one player might want to boink the trips while another might want to hook up with the batshit waitress.

But even all of this (and Alorth's trip) should not have taken THIS long.
Routes are optional, which means he can do one, release it and then do another. Its taking so long because shit hasnt got done.

animalrapist

Aug 20, 2020
At this point lets take some guesses at what we will get
The femboy from the gas station will give the MC a blowie and then a really long winded backstory about how he was persecuted for being gay (this will be 70% of the dialogue in the update). Then there will be a swimming scene with 5 shots of the daughters in bikinis, and two new characters will be introduced. MC will go on a date with one, leaving the daughters home alone yet again, then he will go on a date with Brooke the next night, and that will be the end of the update

Tatsuya25

Feb 26, 2022
Seconded, from another dev.
yeah shure , will take 2 years to code 5 mins of game ? , becuase if as people here syas and i think so too , if the developer care or even care a minimun for his suporters or want people too good rate his work , THEY or HE should have benn releasing at most 4 - 6 moths uptades, as they had been making a path then other path, BUT WAO that no happens ?

OH Wallpaper is a path now ? nice They no realese becuase they no have anything only Milkers of dumb dreamers suporters , maybe money laundry ? nah is so little amount for that . can come with other reazon so he is a MILKER who say , oh it gonna take half year to learn to do something , oh and that half a year i gonna give my * whole work time to learning that something * then will take a year to do a new update ... that what he wrote on * cute words back on time *

anyways coding 1 hour , can take at most 2-3 months, giving 3 hours or 4 hours, 3 days a week ... BUT update is no a hour , maybe 20 mins at most ...

♪ ♪ well , where is the cute and nice people who wish to gift us mortlas with some wallparpers or fan art of the triplets ...♪ a art thead pleashe

Reactions: BigDaddyDom

Tatsuya25

Feb 26, 2022
Holy shit, that is insulting. I work 60 hour weeks sometimes doing dev work, and don't make nearly as much as these guys. I still have time to walk my dogs, go on dates, etc. It can be stressful sometimes, but I enjoy the work that I do and I like to feel like I've earned my money. I envy being able to completely make your own hours and I sure as hell would take advantage of that if I could, but Alorth is acting entitled as fuck. His job isn't harder than mine, or more stressful, or more exclusive.

He got to turn a fun hobby that he was talented at into a source of income. Great! That's the dream. But don't simultaneously say "devs aren't special" and "I shouldn't have to work as hard as you to make more money than you". If you believe that, then you really do think you're special, and the rest of us out here busting our asses are a bunch of chumps.
You right on target man , if only they give a S X X T about , the game other than milking suporters , if only they worked on their game as they give excuses, and laced pretty words .

with that amout of money any normal boy want to jump works. Only hope people open eyes and hurt him wehre and oNLY where they hurt , on the money an quit suporting these dev, is a bad example for future games

muschi26

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2019
…I just noticed this but anyone know what's supposed to be in the "true edition" that isn't already in the "taboo edition"?

4.30 star(s) 271 Votes