Jul 28, 2020
A lot of folks seem frustrated and I get it. This is what I propose - I will support each time a new update comes out for one month. Then I will cancel until the next update. That way I am still supporting the dev, but not throwing money at something that is not moving. I saw what seemed to be derogatory comments about the dev spending money on his Dogs surgery...damn dude I would have done the same. My pets are family and they come first so if they needed money I would get it wherever I could don't say you wouldn't do the same. (I just spent 600+ on my cat only to watch him pass within a week of spending the money) Anyway I understand the frustration, you can see in my signature that Radiant is in my top two games so yeah its crazy frustrating not getting updates but like I said I wont complain, instead I will be judicious with my money and encourage progress with support when I see it and only then. Cheer up guys there are like a thousand games on this site and more coming all the time. If you don't get what you want from one dev. Keep looking.

Don't mean to sound like I am lecturing. I am just trying to get all the negativity to turn around. Focus on what you have and can get, it makes life a lot easier.
giphy.gif

Last edited:

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
This is what I propose - I will support each time a new update comes out for one month. Then I will cancel until the next update. That way I am still supporting the dev, but not throwing money at something that is not moving.
I pointed out a while ago that Dammed himself said this what we should be doing if we want to support Radiant. Sort of a "pay per update" thing which I could have sworn Patreon allows creators to go for.
And I got facepalmed for it.

But if he was concerned about the patrons bank accounts he'd freeze all payments when he knows the update will fall behind schedule until the release actually happens. Which is something else Patreon allows creators to do.

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
I pointed out a while ago that Dammed himself said this what we should be doing if we want to support Radiant. Sort of a "pay per update" thing which I could have sworn Patreon allows creators to go for.
And I got facepalmed for it.
Yes you got facepalmed... and rightly so.

Do you think that Dammed doesn't make any money?
He does.
If he wants people to support him then he has to deliver and not just wallpapers.

All he has done so far is lie and break deadlines.
Neither Radian nor Polarity have had an updates in ages but according to him the next HUUUUGE update is just around the corner.

What a joke...

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017

He does.
If he wants people to support him then he has to deliver and not just wallpapers.

Neither Radian nor Polarity have had an updates in ages but according to him the next HUUUUGE update is just around the corner.

What a joke...
So then why did he say it's what we ought to be doing?

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
He wants more
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
without having to actually work for it....

DUH...
So. He said we ought to only support the month of release so he can get more money.
Do you know how little logical sense that makes?
One month RK Studios would get heaps of moolah. But then it'd drop right back down to reasonable level until the next one.
But then, that assumes most people are intelligent.

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
So. He said we ought to only support the month of release so he can get more money.
Do you know how little logical sense that makes?
One month RK Studios would get heaps of moolah. But then it'd drop right back down to reasonable level until the next one.
But then, that assumes most people are intelligent.
Jesus... how can you not get it...

It's IRRELEVANT what he says...
He squandered all the trust he had with the community.
Now he has to deliver to get some trust back.

And yes of course the cashflow would go down again.
People don't trust him and his schedule for delivering updates is shit.

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
Jesus... how can you not get it...

It's IRRELEVANT what he says...
He squandered all the trust he had with the community.
Now he has to deliver to get some trust back.

And yes of course the cashflow would go down again.
People don't trust him and his schedule for delivering updates is shit.
And to think I took you off the ignore list as I thought you might have something interesting, original and valid to say.
You've started to bore me once more. Goodbye, again.

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017

He does.

What a joke...
Don't be bad mouth, he's only taking long becaus he's making the biggest update ever in Polarity... That's why he has 2 patreons, 1 for each game...

Last edited:

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
And to think I took you off the ignore list as I thought you might have something interesting, original and valid to say.
You've started to bore me once more. Goodbye, again.
He is right though. I'm all in to defend devs when they are comunicative and hard-working, but this guy clearly keeps lying every single time. Not to mention it isn't the first time he does this. Do you really believe it's moral to keep receiving more than 400 EUR per month of a game with no updates since 2020? And making another patreon for a new game on top of that?

There are games where devs can't continue the game and first froze the payments and then ended up closing their patrons due abandoning their project. This guy lies and keeps receveing money. I'll always despise insults and continue to not condone personal attacks to him, ever. But it's clear as day this guy doesn't give a fuck unless he receives his money unfortunely. It's the sad truth.

And trust me, I tend to be extremely patient of excuses when devs are comunicative. Issues happen. But on this one things don't match. Most people kept the reasonable part for way too long, even when he blamed his own partner, Alorth, when other games who work with Alorth had their updates.

Last edited:

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
He is right though. I'm all in to defend devs when they are comunicative and hard-working, but this guy clearly keeps lying every single time. Not to mention it isn't the first time he does this. Do you really believe it's moral to keep receveing more than 400 EUR per month of a game with no updates since 2020?

There are games where devs can't continue the game and first froze the payments and then ended up closing their patrons due abandoning their project. This guy lies and keeps receveing money. I'll always despise insults and continue to not condone personal attacks to him, ever. But it's clear as day this guy doesn't give a fuck unless he receives his money unfortunely. It's the sad truth.

And trust me, I tend to be extremely patient of excuses when devs are comunicative. Issues happen. But on this one things don't match. Most people kept the reasonable part for way too long, even when he blamed his own partner, Alorth, when other games who work with Alorth had their updates.
That's why I like devs like Killer7, Runey or 395games_Rathieu.
Those guys do frequent dev updates and/or participate in the community here.
Killer7 even does weekly update reports.

Communication is key, many devs don't realize that though. Greed takes over, their games suffer and then they are "surprised" when the community reacts negatively.

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
That's why I like devs like Killer7, Runey or 395games_Rathieu.
Those guys do frequent dev updates and/or participate in the community here.
Killer7 even does weekly update reports.

Communication is key, many devs don't realize that though. Greed takes over, their games suffer and then they are "surprised" when the community reacts negatively.
It doesn't even need weekly updates. I recall Mundo Games having health issues and majority of fans even wished him best recovery and didn't care about update (besides the usual trolls of course). Sincerity is all that matters.

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
He is right though. I'm all in to defend devs when they are comunicative and hard-working, but this guy clearly keeps lying every single time. Not to mention it isn't the first time he does this. Do you really believe it's moral to keep receiving more than 400 EUR per month of a game with no updates since 2020? And making another patreon for a new game on top of that?

I'm not saying he isn't right. I'm just bored of the one note he keeps singing. And when he flat-out insults my intelligence... You get the idea.

In fact, his latest posts in this thread can be summarised thusly:
"blah blah blah scam blah blah blah scam blah blah blah scam blah blah blah scam blah blah blah you're stupid because I say you're stupid blah blah blah scam blah blah blah scam blah blah blah I refuse to accept what you're saying blah blah blah scam blah blah blah scam blah blah blah scam"

How can I not get bored of seeing rubbish like that? Actually, that's been the vast majority of this game's posts over the last 10 or so months.

Last edited:

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
I've seen people talking about the pay per update thing in other threads, and even though that sounds nice, it would just make the quality of the games go down in my opinion. Devs would just rush releases in order to get paid. Even though we occasionally get devs that abuse the current system I still prefer it over a pay per update system.

• Haha
Reactions: TheLordOfTheTits

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
I've seen people talking about the pay per update thing in other threads, and even though that sounds nice, it would just make the quality of the games go down in my opinion. Devs would just rush releases in order to get paid. Even though we occasionally get devs that abuse the current system I still prefer it over a pay per update system.
Furthermore you can already do that by yourself: you only sub for a month when an update is released

4.30 star(s) 271 Votes