mr.AwesomeGameTaste

Feb 18, 2021
I'm surprised you guys really thought it won't come out. They would be very stupid to stop. But since their patrons enable them to release so rarely,why put in more effort than is required.

• Angry
Reactions: bib4zqg63k

Hellster

Engaged Member
May 18, 2019
I'm surprised you guys really thought it won't come out. They would be very stupid to stop. But since their patrons enable them to release so rarely,why put in more effort than is required.
I was reading somewhere that there were complaints about lost supporters, but maybe if the update(s) didn't take so long to come out, they wouldn't have the issue of supporters leaving and have any reason to complain about it.
You can't expect to take several months to over a year to release an update, and expect everyone to stick around, especially with the number of developers stalling with excuses after excuses these days, or games being abandoned.

Cruiser80

Jan 9, 2020
I was reading somewhere that there were complaints about lost supporters, but maybe if the update(s) didn't take so long to come out, they wouldn't have the issue of supporters leaving and have any reason to complain about it.
You can't expect to take several months to over a year to release an update, and expect everyone to stick around, especially with the number of developers stalling with excuses after excuses these days, or games being abandoned.
I think they peaked at about 1500 subs and are currently a little over 800. Going off memory here, so don't quote me. Some drop between releases is surely expected though. Make of that what you will.

Last edited:

Hellster

Engaged Member
May 18, 2019
I think they peaked at about 1500 subs and are currently a little over 800. Going off memory here, so don't quote me. SOme drop between releases is surely expected though. Make of that what you will.
Considering the last update was 14 months ago, I can understand that loss, it's a bit much expecting someone to outlay cash for that long with nothing to show for it.
Most devs i'm subscribed to release updates around every couple of months (or less for some), but others that take longer I just buy it on itch if it's available, or subscribe, grab the update and unsubscribe. If devs can't get updates out at a reasonable time schedule, that's fine, but they can't expect people to hand out cash waiting forever for updates, people usually like to get value for money, I know I do.

Reactions: Tatsuya25

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
Their top goal...

1662291875176.png

dinmor

Aug 3, 2017
Will the update come here only from the dev or will some blessed person nick it and show us whats what?

Cruiser80

Jan 9, 2020
Damn $7.5k a month and 14 months to release, not surprised the subs left, TBH i'm surprised so many still stuck around.
Yeah it's a pretty healthy income for how much is returned to customers. Im not sure what the costs to develop something like this are. I would imagine the outlay for equipment first and then just your own time along with any other involved like Alorth. Beyond that? No idea. I sure as shit know no employer would suffer this level of efficiency for very long. But I guess that's the beauty of self employment.

Reactions: Tatsuya25
4.30 star(s) 271 Votes