• We will be performing maintenance to upgrade some of our forum tools. During this time, the site will remain online, but you may encounter some errors until the maintenance is complete. The report and search functions will be unavailable until the maintenance is complete.

Maintenance is expected to last up to 4 hours.

The maintenance window will start on Thursday, 2024/07/04, at: 1:00 PM GMT / 3:00 PM CEST / 9:00 AM EDT / 6:00 AM PDT / 12:00 AM AEDT

Thank you for your patience.

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
I feel like the appeal of incest is lost when a character has never seen the other in their entire life, even though they are blood related.
Well, if you're not knocking them up it's all pretty irrelevant in my book. That's the only real "danger" when it comes to close blood relations. If you've no intention of procreating, then fuck away with fervor, man.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: darlic and snogard

EvilChef

Sep 23, 2016
um... There are more reasons to not fuck your own daughters other than pregnancy.
While I don't have any daughters, my Sister is ugly as sin and my Mom was ugly as sin and now 6 feet under.
Simply put I never even imagined any of 'em as sexual partners.
If however 2 consensual adults wanna bang I say go for it as long as they are using protection.

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
um... There are more reasons to not fuck your own daughters other than pregnancy.
When they're total strangers? Not really. They searched him out, they're adults (nominally), they don't have to be living in his home. If they aren't procreating, there's really no relevance whatsoever to the fact that they have a blood relation.

Dogorti

Jan 23, 2021
I feel like the appeal of incest is lost when a character has never seen the other in their entire life, even though they are blood related.
It really is a trope that is used to (somewhat) justify incest in these types of games, as it makes more sense to be sexually attracted to someone you've never seen than someone you've lived with all your life.

Barney stinson explains very well this: "new is always better"

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Hermit76

YoraeRasante

Jul 28, 2019
It really is a trope that is used to (somewhat) justify incest in these types of games, as it makes more sense to be sexually attracted to someone you've never seen than someone you've lived with all your life.
Not just more sense. It is kinda scientific too.

The Oedipus Complex (despite the name) is how you naturaly develop an ignorance of your relatives as sexual beings due to being together for a long time during the early years.

So, if you did not spend those years together, you did not develop it properly either. Thus how he can de atracted to them, exactly because he never met them before.

Add to it that they look a lot like their mother, someone he was already attracted to...

Last edited:
Reactions: wiwem71072

xxerikxx

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2019
The dev reminds me of your Avatar almost the same character if you ask me, lots of lies and obfuscation and grand promises.
Perhaps if you showed some support to the devs instead of acting like spoiled brats then less devs would give up on their projects... The devs on this site are spending enormous amount of their time on creating content that you can play for free on this site. They deserve a lot more respect than you're giving them.

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Perhaps if you showed some support to the devs instead of acting like spoiled brats then less devs would give up on their projects... The devs on this site are spending enormous amount of their time on creating content that you can play for free on this site. They deserve a lot more respect than you're giving them.
They don't deserve unlimited patience when they use excuse after excuse for not delivering something they said would be delivered at least 8 months before it actually was delivered - and not giving their patrons a break from billing during the extended postponement and trying to appease them with wallpapers. They were stringing people along and still taking their money. That's unethical at best. Many finally got smart and abandoned them, but their site is all about hitting subscriber goals and less about hitting publishing date goals.

xxerikxx

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2019
They don't deserve unlimited patience when they use excuse after excuse for not delivering something they said would be delivered at least 8 months before it actually was delivered - and not giving their patrons a break from billing during the extended postponement and trying to appease them with wallpapers. They were stringing people along and still taking their money. That's unethical at best. Many finally got smart and abandoned them, but their site is all about hitting subscriber goals and less about hitting publishing date goals.
Then just don't be a Patreon. On F95zone where all games are free there are no need to waste time and energy on developers/games that you don't like. If you can't be supportive then move on to another game that you like instead.

chainedpanda

Jun 26, 2017
Then just don't be a Patreon. On F95zone where all games are free there are no need to waste time and energy on developers/games that you don't like. If you can't be supportive then move on to another game that you like instead.
I agree! How DARE these ungrateful bastards voice an opinion! They should just consume product, and never have a single opinion nor call out any toxic practices. They are all just a bunch of spoiled, ungrateful, ignorant, scumbags who just want everything for free!

Last edited:

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
I agree! How DARE these ungrateful bastards voice an opinion! They should just consume product, and never have a single opinion nor call out any toxic practices. They are all just a bunch of spoiled, ungrateful, ignorant, scumbags who just want everything for free!
I think these guys are the only ones I've seen fit to bitch about.

Things I see as "bitchable" offenses:
  • Skeevy and unethical practices.
  • Multiple delays with sketchier excuses each time. Really, you can't do work because of the internet on the Iberian peninsula - does writing a script, writing code and doing renders require the internet? I know the answer is "no" for the first two, third may depend on how you access the software and assets.
  • Charging patrons full price and soliciting new patrons when your delay has gone more than six months.

Non-bitchy things that may be taken as negative, but which are necessary, particularly when delivered respectfully:
  • Bugs.
  • Grammar/spelling issues.

Things you shouldn't bitch about at all:
  • The game has an element you dislike or doesn't have an element you like (NTR, incest, lesbian - I've seen bitching about every fetish there is).
  • The Dev's story and LI choices - it's the Dev's game, not yours.
  • Slow burn vs. fuckfest - some people have an IQ above 90 and can read, so don't mind the "Novel" part of an AVN; some only want to fap. Find a game that fits your expectations and play it.
Grey area:
  • Appearance of characters, particularly if all of the LIs look almost exactly the same except for eye and hair color and pube choices. For example, I couldn't do WVU because all the girls have the same oddly feline face. Dev's choice - I moved on. Maybe put that comment in a review so others know, but don't preach about it incessantly in a thread. And every female doesn't need GGG breasts. Variety is the spice of life.

chainedpanda

Jun 26, 2017
I think these guys are the only ones I've seen fit to bitch about.

Things I see as "bitchable" offenses:
  • Skeevy and unethical practices.
  • Multiple delays with sketchier excuses each time. Really, you can't do work because of the internet on the Iberian peninsula - does writing a script, writing code and doing renders require the internet? I know the answer is "no" for the first two, third may depend on how you access the software and assets.
  • Charging patrons full price and soliciting new patrons when your delay has gone more than six months.

Non-bitchy things that may be taken as negative, but which are necessary, particularly when delivered respectfully:
  • Bugs.
  • Grammar/spelling issues.

Things you shouldn't bitch about at all:
  • The game has an element you dislike or doesn't have an element you like (NTR, incest, lesbian - I've seen bitching about every fetish there is).
  • The Dev's story and LI choices - it's the Dev's game, not yours.
  • Slow burn vs. fuckfest - some people have an IQ above 90 and can read, so don't mind the "Novel" part of an AVN; some only want to fap. Find a game that fits your expectations and play it.
Grey area:
  • Appearance of characters, particularly if all of the LIs look almost exactly the same except for eye and hair color and pube choices. For example, I couldn't do WVU because all the girls have the same oddly feline face. Dev's choice - I moved on. Maybe put that comment in a review so others know, but don't preach about it incessantly in a thread. And every female doesn't need GGG breasts. Variety is the spice of life.
I think I'm on the extreme end of the scale. I don't think any criticism is negative, nor is it simply bitching for the sake of bitching. There is absolutely nothing wrong with having an opinion about something you like, even if its negative. In fact, not having an opinion over something you like is weird lol. There is no such thing as perfection, but does that mean we shouldn't try to find it?

Sure, perfection doesn't mean the same thing for everyone, and yes, there are people who complain for no reason, but does that mean people should just shut up and not say anything? If people don't voice opinions, then how will anything ever change in the direction that we want? Sure, we can just let the thing die, but how can the next person attempt to do a better job if they don't fully understand why the first person failed?

I will simply never understand the anger and annoyance people feel towards criticism lol. The argument "if you don't like it, don't play it" is a poor argument that honestly only makes sense on paper.

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
I think I'm on the extreme end of the scale. I don't think any criticism is negative, nor is it simply bitching for the sake of bitching. There is absolutely nothing wrong with having an opinion about something you like, even if its negative. In fact, not having an opinion over something you like is weird lol. There is no such thing as perfection, but does that mean we shouldn't try to find it?

Sure, perfection doesn't mean the same thing for everyone, and yes, there are people who complain for no reason, but does that mean people should just shut up and not say anything? If people don't voice opinions, then how will anything ever change in the direction that we want? Sure, we can just let the thing die, but how can the next person attempt to do a better job if they don't fully understand why the first person failed?

I will simply never understand the anger and annoyance people feel towards criticism lol. The argument "if you don't like it, don't play it" is a poor argument that honestly only makes sense on paper.
I'm not against expressing one's opinion, but I think there's a better place to do it (a review) when it is something about "not having this" or "having that" or some other deliberate design choice the Dev has made. I you do want to share such issues in the discussion thread, say your piece once and don't harp on it - it will influence the Dev or it won't and you've got it off your chest. If you only get more pissed off each time you play and the Dev hasn't changed things the way you want him too, maybe that's when you decide to quit the game and move on - continuing to come back when all it does is piss you off is just unhealthy and probably a sign of a narcissistic, controlling personality. If that's the case, then your likely best choice is to become a professional critic since that seems to be the primary qualification. ;)

Reactions: xxerikxx

Umariel

Jan 21, 2019
At times, reading is an advanced skill; what devs are annoyed at besides lack of subscribers after initial v0.1 demo, oftenly is lack of so-called constructive criticism, when individual players makes critical remarks, for some odd reason supposing most of rest folks likes the same, so VN should cater to their fav narrowly predefined set of tags/fetishes w/o sound idea on a whole picture of game's supporters base vs dev's team, rig setup & available free time. Myself, well, I strongly dislike any "reworks" (now, there's a long list of fancy words for that) of VN, when it has a bad effect on a content and slowdown in delivery times.

chainedpanda

Jun 26, 2017
I'm not against expressing one's opinion, but I think there's a better place to do it (a review) when it is something about "not having this" or "having that" or some other deliberate design choice the Dev has made. I you do want to share such issues in the discussion thread, say your piece once and don't harp on it - it will influence the Dev or it won't and you've got it off your chest. If you only get more pissed off each time you play and the Dev hasn't changed things the way you want him too, maybe that's when you decide to quit the game and move on - continuing to come back when all it does is piss you off is just unhealthy and probably a sign of a narcissistic, controlling personality. If that's the case, then your likely best choice is to become a professional critic since that seems to be the primary qualification. ;)
While you aren't wrong, I feel as if your looking at the minority of situations. While yes, such times do occur, and yes, sometimes there are people who act in the way you describe, however the majority of people don't feel this way, nor act this way. The majority will simply stop playing the game, either before, or after stating their opinion. If they stick with the game, its simply because they like the game because the pros outweigh the cons.

However, just because the pros outweigh the cons, does that mean I, or anyone else, cannot state what we believe is a con? I understand that this is not what you are saying, but in many cases, this is how people react. I also understand that my previous sarcasm may be contradictory, but in the vast majority of cases that I have stated my opinion, arguments are caused by people becoming aggressive towards myself, the opinion, or other people with the same opinion. I simply became sarcastic and aggressive because the person I was replying to was already objectively aggressive.

Saying something as simple as "I don't like female domination, I wish this character wasn't so dominant", is enough to piss people off and cause conflict. As people don't view this as a simple opinion, but will instead spin it and judge it as "this is the worst game ever made. The developer is a piece of shit and should kill themselves. Also, your mom gay". This, in my opinion, is the true issue with criticism. While yes, there are those who are objectively toxic. That said, there are an equal number of people who are just as toxic but on the opposite side of the spectrum and no one talks or complains about them.

Also, having a discussion about an opinion or criticism isn't inherently negative either. I like to think that this discussion has been fairly civil, and without toxicity. That said, discussions like this are the exception, not the expectation of when people actually state their criticism, especially when that criticism is deemed as "negative".

Reactions: Peh
4.30 star(s) 271 Votes