• We will be performing maintenance to upgrade some of our forum tools. During this time, the site will remain online, but you may encounter some errors until the maintenance is complete. The report and search functions will be unavailable until the maintenance is complete.

Maintenance is expected to last up to 9 hours.

The maintenance window will start on Thursday, 2024/07/04, at: 1:00 PM GMT / 3:00 PM CEST / 9:00 AM EDT / 6:00 AM PDT / 12:00 AM AEDT

Thank you for your patience.

cloudfw

Sep 11, 2017
I mean if they want people to believe that they are committed to the development of the game, one update a year is the bare minimum they can do. If they don't release anything for over a year again then there is no hope for this game.
Pretty much.
One update a month, a pace quite a few developers tried in the beginning, is basically unsustainable, I think, most developers who tried it burnt out or changed their release schedule.
One substantial update every three to four months or a big one every five to six months seems to be where it is at, the best games around here seem to keep this schedule.
But one update a year seems like a prelude to abandonment.

Last edited:
Reactions: dav121 and darlic

CHAD-MAN

Aug 12, 2017
Maybe i'm the only one who doesn't care when these games are updated? I mean I really like this hobby(?) and I enjoy many games on this forum but I don't pay for any of the games I play here and I don't support any developer, maybe that's because I don't really care how long a game takes to update
Its so nice that you're a guy thats okay with waiting for 14 months for an update, but not all of us want to put up with that shit, and some of us did drop money for the project.

Trikus

May 31, 2020
Its so nice that you're a guy thats okay with waiting for 14 months for an update, but not all of us want to put up with that shit, and some of us did drop money for the project.
Nobody forced you to drop money if you did. Patreon is clear you are supporting the development and he has given you stuff throughout the months. It is up to you to decide if the content the person gives you is worth the money you gave them. If the answer is no, you stop giving them money.

EDIT: Face palm me all you want but you are the one that chose to give them money. Be wiser with your money next time.

Last edited:

YoraeRasante

Jul 28, 2019
Nobody forced you to drop money if you did. Patreon is clear you are supporting the development and he has given you stuff throughout the months. It is up to you to decide if the content the person gives you is worth the money you gave them. If the answer is no, you stop giving them money.

EDIT: Face palm me all you want but you are the one that chose to give them money. Be wiser with your money next time.
You know, I'm not saying it was you the one doing the first, but this is a perfect capstone for most conversations here.

"You are too slow! Where is the update? We have been waiting for months and yet we got no updates, or an update so small it is worthless compared to how much we waited!" is one of the most common complaints.

And one of the most common replies is "You can't complain! You did not join the patreon so you have no right to!"

So here we have someone that goes "I DO have the right of complaining, because I did pay!"

And you reply with "You can't complain about it just because you paid money! You did it because you wanted to!

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
You know, I'm not saying it was you the one doing the first, but this is a perfect capstone for most conversations here.

"You are too slow! Where is the update? We have been waiting for months and yet we got no updates, or an update so small it is worthless compared to how much we waited!" is one of the most common complaints.

And one of the most common replies is "You can't complain! You did not join the patreon so you have no right to!"

So here we have someone that goes "I DO have the right of complaining, because I did pay!"

And you reply with "You can't complain about it just because you paid money! You did it because you wanted to!
Dev White Knights can't be reasoned with.

chainedpanda

Jun 26, 2017
You're supporting the developer not the development of the game.
A game developer may only be someone that develops games to you but before that, they are also people.
There is a massive hole in your logic. People only support the developer of the game because they develop a game. Without the game, the individual isn't a developer. Full stop. Why would anyone donate to these random people for no reason? People pay for the game, not the developer.

And that is the problem. If I buy something from Amazon, I expect it to come within a reasonable time frame. If it doesn't, I'm gonna be quite pissed. I purchased the item with the expectation of receiving that item. I didn't purchase it with the intent of supporting Jeff Bezos nor Amazons employees. The same with the game. People pay the developers with the reasonable belief that they will receive content for the game in a reasonable time frame. Without this expectation, no one would bother paying for the game nor support the devs.

The only debate to be had on this issue is what that "reasonable time frame" actually is. That said, the vast majority of donators don't just play Radiant, they play many other games as well. There is a reasonable expectation that comes from this, and as a result, players, and donators, have developed an expectation that a game should adhere to. An expectation that the developers you worship have completely failed to achieve. I do not believe that Radiant gets undeserved hate, even if the game is really good. The developers that you defend are the reason why it deserves the hate it receives.

DragonsFear

Jan 8, 2022
oh well on the bright side luckely alot of patrions are stepping out now ,because they see the scam off it all ( especially on the promises made part )

so unless the dev change there pace and actually do the work ,i see it happen in the near future(looking at the dicline in the last few months) that they eventually be out of big bucks ,and coming back from that is close to impossible

(and in this case i would say its your own fault to begin with)

so instead of living of peoples money , maybe its time to work for it

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
There is a massive hole in your logic. P

-snip, garbage-

The developers that you defend are the reason why it deserves the hate it receives.
Blah blah blah.
I don't think there's a hole at all. Patreon is a creator support platform, not a store.
Defending them? Not quite. I just acknowledge that they are in fact, flesh and blood humans. And humans are fallible.
I used to support this game's development but haven't since January.

biggestboyo

Aug 4, 2020
I come back a year later and find that people are still talking about slow updates and milking. Seems patrons have dropped slightly, down 1-2k from a year ago too. Which means 1 update per year or 40-50k, or half a mill to complete. I do still enjoy the game and renders though! See you once the game is complete in 5-6 years.

Reactions: Tatsuya25

DanThaMan

Engaged Member
Jun 25, 2017
I come back a year later and find that people are still talking about slow updates and milking. Seems patrons have dropped slightly, down 1-2k from a year ago too. Which means 1 update per year or 40-50k, or half a mill to complete. I do still enjoy the game and renders though! See you once the game is complete in 5-6 years.
In 5-6 years the game will have only had 5 or 6 more updates and i doubt it will be finished in that amount of time..

4.30 star(s) 271 Votes