JLucci

Mar 31, 2018
The search function: damned if I do, damned if I don't :)
No worries, always had an issue with it too. They don't even tell you that you have to change the settings in your profile to get it to show most recent instead of whatever behavior it does by default.

Don't take crap off of someone that's been here 4 years longer than you and has participated quite a bit less. His lower than 1:1 reacts ratio tells you all you need to know. ;)
I never put much faith in that ratio. Seen too many people just fishing for likes. Or facepalms, which for some reason do help the react score.

I got it - I just like to troll trolls and couldn't resist this one. :)
Wasn't trying to give anyone crap or troll. Just thought it was weird is all. But you do you.

whizwart

Apr 11, 2022
No worries, always had an issue with it too. They don't even tell you that you have to change the settings in your profile to get it to show most recent instead of whatever behavior it does by default.

I never put much faith in that ratio. Seen too many people just fishing for likes. Or facepalms, which for some reason do help the react score.

Wasn't trying to give anyone crap or troll. Just thought it was weird is all. But you do you.

styggtuff12

Jul 12, 2017
so how limiting is the romancing? if i romance one can i no longer romance the others? or is this full harem game?

Filipis

Nov 15, 2022
so how limiting is the romancing? if i romance one can i no longer romance the others? or is this full harem game?
Too early to tell, but so far, it seems the intention is to have all 3 main girls in the harem. Not sure about all the others. Could be wrong, as I have had no communication with the developers.

Reactions: VOYEUR

Impalord

Jul 5, 2020
Well, what do you expect. It's from the same makers as Polarity.

So, if anything, we know they are very reliable at "not delivering" and "empty promises".

I'm expecting another Dodo.
But HEY! 4600 US$ every month on Patreon alone. Heck, I would keep it going indefinitely too. :KEK:

Last edited:

styggtuff12

Jul 12, 2017
i just finished chapter 2 and i really gotta know is officer douche gonna fuck off or am i gonna have to suffer this bastard throughout the next 2 chapters?

JLucci

Mar 31, 2018
i just finished chapter 2 and i really gotta know is officer douche gonna fuck off or am i gonna have to suffer this bastard throughout the next 2 chapters?
Don't recall him showing up after he took that picture. Instead they try to explain it away as a non issue.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Not a fan of how he was introduced or what I suspect is them backtracking to make up for the negative response to him. We can only hope he doesn't show up much at all again.

Bombmaster

May 8, 2022
Hm, thanks for the answer. And yes I get that you wouldn't want a story about a guy that goes to work every day and nothing special happens, haha. But like, even if I'm watching a movie, yes I am on the same page as you in that obviously the circumstances are more interesting if it's not something that's currently happening, but at the same time the reason why I question these things is that for me I still would only like the characters if I could relate to them. So like if the main character is just an a-hole and just treats everyone like crap but still feels entitled to everything, yah, I have no interest in watching a movie about this person... unless something bad happens to him, lol. But I guess I get your point.

But in terms of an adult game, it has to "turn you on" to put it crudely. And for me I still feel like it needs to be something that actually, well, turns you on... So I guess my question really is why it turns you on if it's not something you actually want to do? I mean, you don't have to answer, I'm just clarifying why I ask these things. Like I've always said, I can only speak for myself and I'm not telling anyone else what they should or should not like. The only thing that frustrates me is merely that I don't like it (as in it's actually a turn off), so it limits my game choices when so many of them have it that have characters that fit what I'm looking for physically.

Which is another thing that I know is a minority opinion. I honestly do not like voluptuous women, like with the huge ass, huge breasts, etc... And the majority of h-games feature people with really exaggerated features like that. Yes, I totally understand, it's their dream body type, it's fantasy, so they can exaggerate to their heart's desires, I get it. But so that already limits my choices. I like slender/fit women and for me, that also means proportionally smaller breasts and ass looks better for that body type (again, just MY personal preference, no offense to anyone who disagrees!!). And so finding H-games with characters like that, like a good chunk of them (in this game Olivia would be that person who drew me in from the screenshots from another website, itch) they turn out to be the MC's sister or daughter, and that's why I'm just like "uuuuggggghhhh, why?????" lol. Although in this game there is a character that isn't related to the MC that I find physically attractive, Mira, so I'm going to keep playing it, rejecting the daughters everytime the game tries to force them onto the MC (it REALLY wants you to say yes, lol, everytime I say no, the character will get into some internal monologue about why it should be ok and will say yes next time, lol, then I say no again...), and hope it has romance options with Mira...

Yah man, thanks for the well-thought-out response, I'll take a look at A Petal Among Thorns. And yes, for me it's actively a turn-off. Like it's not simply something I don't prefer, I really dislike the idea. I actually have a very strong parental instinct, I'm not yet a father, but I have a very protective nature about me, so for me the mere concept of being sexual with someone that's like a daughter to me is pretty repulsive to be really honest. Again, no offense to anyone who disagrees with me, I can only speak for myself!

And what you mention about the cousin thing, while I don't prefer that either, I don't really find that actually "repulsive" since you generally don't grow up with a cousin (like you do with a sister) and you shouldn't have a parental/protective obligation to a cousin (like you do with a daughter). So a cousin relationship is more of a "technical" relationship, but in terms of like if society had no say in it, I don't see anything inherently repulsive about the idea. I personally am still not into that, but I don't have the strong feelings about it like I do with immediate family like mother, daughter, and sister.

The one thing I kind of don't like about this game so far besides that though, is that it really does feel like the story almost revolves around the assumption that you will choose to become romantic with your daughters. Like I've tried turning them down over and over, and the game keeps on forcing these situations onto the MC and between the choices the internal monologues always consist of the MC rationalizing to himself that it's ok to have a sexual relationship with his daughters. Like, yes, I actually understand that if the story revolves around that, it would be much more difficult for the writer to keep a cohesive story moving forward without that element. But surprisingly I found a game that seems to do this very well.

There is a game called Our Red String. There's no incest or anything in there, but the game really intends for the two main characters to get together, Ian and Lena. In fact, the game actually switches control between those two characters. And while in the beginning few chapters you really do have to try really hard to avoid them two getting together, it's possible. Now, it's not incest, so that's not the reason why I didn't want them to get together. It's because I was REALLY interested in one of the other girls, Holly. And that game is less of a Harem game, the main characters are more-or-less loyal (excluding lesbian scenes and such) once you get them together. So if I wanted to get with Holly, I had to basically avoid ANY sex scenes with Lena. But once I basically got past the first few chapters and got with Holly, the game stopped putting in those situations where it tries to coerce Ian and Lena together, and now Ian and Holly are together and Ian and Lena actually has this BEAUTIFUL platonic friendship. I'm so happy I decided to go that route, I am REALLY enjoying that aspect of it.

Anyway, I'm rambling on, but give Our Red String a try, the writing in that game is phenomenal.
My problem with red string is that you can whore the fuck out the female protag and how the hell you could make it work with the male protag.

I guess it's a realistic take making so fucking annoying having to turn down every male you encounter and propose to you. Still made impossible to match both MC for me.

hapmash

Apr 2, 2020
Finished my first playthrough, and wow do I like this game. I hope there is benefits to picking different paths with girls. I like a lust path with Liv and Maddie, but then a Dark path with Allie because her naivety is so fun to mess with. I tried an all Dark run just to see and you get a lot more content with Maddie that way, but MC is an absolute monster so I only did that for the content not really my cup of tea. I didn't try an all Pure run because usually that's pretty vanilla.

I did see in the genre tags it has Netori listed. Is that upcoming? What will that entail?

Reactions: Dolphin3000

Bombmaster

May 8, 2022
Finished my first playthrough, and wow do I like this game. I hope there is benefits to picking different paths with girls. I like a lust path with Liv and Maddie, but then a Dark path with Allie because her naivety is so fun to mess with. I tried an all Dark run just to see and you get a lot more content with Maddie that way, but MC is an absolute monster so I only did that for the content not really my cup of tea. I didn't try an all Pure run because usually that's pretty vanilla.

I did see in the genre tags it has Netori listed. Is that upcoming? What will that entail?
About the netori should be a LI trying to steal MC if he is dating someone. (Not his wards probably)

walker188

Apr 30, 2017
Don't recall him showing up after he took that picture. Instead they try to explain it away as a non issue.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Not a fan of how he was introduced or what I suspect is them backtracking to make up for the negative response to him. We can only hope he doesn't show up much at all again.
I don't care about the character either, but what is it about harem games and their fans that you can have exactly ZERO sexual competitors or even plot challenges. This genre is rife with girls that are basically begging you for sex (even though their virgins, despite being hot and fun), whilst having not struggle whatsoever. I guess its just pure power fantasy.

Reactions: notBatman747

Filipis

Nov 15, 2022
I don't care about the character either, but what is it about harem games and their fans that you can have exactly ZERO sexual competitors or even plot challenges. This genre is rife with girls that are basically begging you for sex (even though their virgins, despite being hot and fun), whilst having not struggle whatsoever. I guess its just pure power fantasy.
We are long ways from Adult Visual Novels that actually strive to provide a decent narrative. And it's because the actual development is so slow that a nice slow-burn romance necessary for a believable harem would realistically put off so many fans... because by the time you pay off that slow-burn romance between all the characters, the player will be playing it from a retirement home.

4.30 star(s) 271 Votes