Filipis

Nov 15, 2022
It's also better communication, including the graphic for completed scenes, than we had for any prior update. That is progress in the right direction. I'm looking forward to playing the Alpha and seeing how well everything fits into the existing story. It's time for more fun with the triplets!
The real question is: just how barebones is it? And more importantly, how long until the last third is completed? A week? Several weeks? A month? Several months?

If the finished chapter only gets released a month/two later, then just adjust the development pipeline by shortening the chapters to increase release cadence - more frequent smaller chapters is better than waiting 6+ months for the next chapter. There exists a point in time where you hit diminishing returns on time spent on chapter = time played of chapter.

Reactions: virtuvoid

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
Based on the graphic, there are 14 completed scenes.

If the graphic is accurate, that is not bare bones to me.

We'll know more once the Alpha is released.

Believe me - there are those who will try to play the entire rev, knowing that it is not complete yet, and then bad mouth the creators because it is not complete. It's like being told not to tow an RV with a compact car and when the compact car driver does this anyway and his car breaks, he has to complain about just how bad that compact car is.

virtuvoid

Donor
Apr 21, 2017
The real question is: just how barebones is it? And more importantly, how long until the last third is completed? A week? Several weeks? A month? Several months?

If the finished chapter only gets released a month/two later, then just adjust the development pipeline by shortening the chapters to increase release cadence - more frequent smaller chapters is better than waiting 6+ months for the next chapter. There exists a point in time where you hit diminishing returns on time spent on chapter = time played of chapter.
It seems to me that the idea for a piece-meal update schedule is to try to maintain, as best is possible, a Dev connection to Patreon.
When I first came to this site, the usual VN schedule was monthly. That dovetailed perfectly with the monthly Patreon fee for the support of a creator. Since then, the average update schedule is now at least 6 months (there are still financial/political bloggers and sex workers who provide monthly content).
Devs have tried to make up this slack by providing lots of non-canon content. Obviously, this takes time away from actual work on the VN. Also, since late 2017, Patreon has adopted a censorship policy which accounts for all the "landlady" and "ward" (hello Radiant !) stuff. Creating an additional narrative to please this Patreon policy also takes time away from VN creation.
Devs must love the financial rewards to being connected to Patreon so much as to put up with all this guff. But more and more supporters seem to be thinking they are the ones getting an increasingly bad deal. Only a relatively large group of people dropping/downgrading their support would prompt Devs to react.
Although I believe dropping Patreon by our community is the best way forward, at least doing piece-meal updates is a major improvement over the present update schedule.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Kellermann

White Lamp

Dec 18, 2020
Before we give props to the developer I need to see the update first.. based on previous experience with the guy I have serious doubt it’ll be out today.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Tatsuya25

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
It seems to me that the idea for a piece-meal update schedule is to try to maintain, as best is possible, a Dev connection to Patreon.
When I first came to this site, the usual VN schedule was monthly. That dovetailed perfectly with the monthly Patreon fee for the support of a creator. Since then, the average update schedule is now at least 6 months (there are still financial/political bloggers and sex workers who provide monthly content).
Devs have tried to make up this slack by providing lots of non-canon content. Obviously, this takes time away from actual work on the VN. Also, since late 2017, Patreon has adopted a censorship policy which accounts for all the "landlady" and "ward" (hello Radiant !) stuff. Creating an additional narrative to please this Patreon policy also takes time away from VN creation.
Devs must love the financial rewards to being connected to Patreon so much as to put up with all this guff. But more and more supporters seem to be thinking they are the ones getting an increasingly bad deal. Only a relatively large group of people dropping/downgrading their support would prompt Devs to react.
Although I believe dropping Patreon by our community is the best way forward, at least doing piece-meal updates is a major improvement over the present update schedule.
I actually support Radiant vis SubscribeStar.

They don't have the 'landlady/tenant' restrictions that Patreon has but I've heard that they charge a higher fee than Patreon.

I have not used either personally, so I don't know what the fee difference is.

Mar 26, 2022
I actually support Radiant vis SubscribeStar.

They don't have the 'landlady/tenant' restrictions that Patreon has but I've heard that they charge a higher fee than Patreon.

I have not used either personally, so I don't know what the fee difference is.
SubscribeStar has higher payout fees, but simultaneously takes less procentage (5%) from earnings. On Patreon it is an average of 8%. Although the number can vary from 5% to 12%.

Reactions: PaxHadrian17

Fragmandk

Game Developer
Jul 3, 2017
Does not make it better he went for Alorth the most overworked person on patreon that has his hands in almost games but it must be nice to make that much money and not release anything is this gonna a new braindrop thing here also.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
Well would you look at that. Another missed deadline...

:HideThePain::HideThePain::HideThePain:
Here is part of the latest update from the developer, note the date:

Updated on

One last report before CH5's launch!

Hey all, as you can see we're a little down to the wire here. February's the short month, and we've only got one more day until it's over!
I'll cut to the chase and tell you all what's up: sometime in the next couple of days I'll be releasing Chapter 5 in alpha. Since we're "relatively on-schedule" with this one, the early-access period of 7 days will be followed.
As you can all see with the progress tracker, we're still a few scenes behind... there was a few hiccups.... long story short that's my own fault, so in order to honor my promise of an end-of February release: the alpha, released sometime in the next day or so, will be missing a few scenes which will be added/finished by the time early-access is over.
So good news and bad news:
Good news first, CH5 is indeed being released in alpha in a day or so. We're following the tiered early-access model.
Bad news, the alpha is a little barebones (at least by Radiant's standards)-- the last few scenes of the chapter aren't quite ready for consumption just yet, so if you want to play the full chapter all at once/don't want the stunted version, I recommend waiting until the game's in beta, or perhaps even the full launch. Our plan is to get the last few scenes done before the full release here on SS.
Keep in mind that your time-zone will affect when you see the alpha posted, it might be a day or two into March.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

The original target of end of Feb was made about 5 1/2 months ago.

The latest communication (yes - the dev is getting better at communicating with his supporters which is one of the complaints that he's worked on addressing) gives us a minor time change.

If we get the update, regardless of time zone, by March 2nd, then the communication above is accurate and I'll be enjoying the Alpha of this next rev the day it is released.

So now we wait for the next Radiant update with the option to go and enjoy one or more of the many other VN options here on F95.

If you prefer to quibble about time zones on F95 of all places... have at it.

As for me, I have miles to go before I sleep and VNs to play while on my way (Robert Frost paraphrased).

White Lamp

Dec 18, 2020
Here is part of the latest update from the developer, note the date:

Updated on

One last report before CH5's launch!

Hey all, as you can see we're a little down to the wire here. February's the short month, and we've only got one more day until it's over!
I'll cut to the chase and tell you all what's up: sometime in the next couple of days I'll be releasing Chapter 5 in alpha. Since we're "relatively on-schedule" with this one, the early-access period of 7 days will be followed.
As you can all see with the progress tracker, we're still a few scenes behind... there was a few hiccups.... long story short that's my own fault, so in order to honor my promise of an end-of February release: the alpha, released sometime in the next day or so, will be missing a few scenes which will be added/finished by the time early-access is over.
So good news and bad news:
Good news first, CH5 is indeed being released in alpha in a day or so. We're following the tiered early-access model.
Bad news, the alpha is a little barebones (at least by Radiant's standards)-- the last few scenes of the chapter aren't quite ready for consumption just yet, so if you want to play the full chapter all at once/don't want the stunted version, I recommend waiting until the game's in beta, or perhaps even the full launch. Our plan is to get the last few scenes done before the full release here on SS.
Keep in mind that your time-zone will affect when you see the alpha posted, it might be a day or two into March.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

The original target of end of Feb was made about 5 1/2 months ago.

The latest communication (yes - the dev is getting better at communicating with his supporters which is one of the complaints that he's worked on addressing) gives us a minor time change.

If we get the update, regardless of time zone, by March 2nd, then the communication above is accurate and I'll be enjoying the Alpha of this next rev the day it is released.

So now we wait for the next Radiant update with the option to go and enjoy one or more of the many other VN options here on F95.

If you prefer to quibble about time zones on F95 of all places... have at it.

As for me, I have miles to go before I sleep and VNs to play while on my way (Robert Frost paraphrased).

Oh my sweet summer child.

I’m more than happy to be proven wrong but just so you know the Last time he made a release date he was off by 3 weeks if I recall correctly.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
Oh my sweet summer child.

I’m more than happy to be proven wrong but just so you know the Last time he made a release date he was off by 3 weeks if I recall correctly.
Are you a supporter?

If so - Patreon or SS?

I'd be happy to go and read all the posts where you support the creators as well as those where you provide constructive feedback.

If you are just here to take something for free and then complain when it is too hot or too cold or not served in any way to your liking, have at it.

You have every right to complain about anything you want on F95.

But ... no creator has to listen or pay attention, sweet child :)

Tatsuya25

Feb 26, 2022
Can't believe Dammed will release something in the deadline as he promised. Yeah, I know its an "alpha" and its going to be very rough, but I legit - honestly expected it to come out like on late April or something.

My worries:
- Either, it's going to be a build so bad Dammed will be like "told you so, quality takes time" or some bs excuse to get back to the 14 months time window.
- Or the "part 2" of this chapter is going to take another +8 months to cook or more, meaning instead of 14 months span for a single update, we get like 16 months but in two parts.
- Or both...
- Plus, I expect this to be half-unplayable, rilled with bugs and issues, and probably cleared in like 30 minutes.

If we're unlucky? It's all of the above. Considering everything that this dev put us through, chances are very high.
If we're lucky? There's no filler at the very least and its all about the triplets and not the rest of the worthless cast.
- 500 too 600 renders , should be fair, and no so bad. As long as they are no full of no sense trees or back ground renders with no aport or reazon to be.

- Even if quality goes from 100 down to 80 % on comparation with its last updates. should be fine.
( remember last update had some no sense renders too -like the 300 or so with the ramdon girl )

- hope no other ramdon girl but puuf

-hope that even if so the next part will take him 6 months at most, and he dont go back as his usual behavior wich everybody knows for last 3 years.

T.T hope hope, yesh it will be triplets all along pr at least 50% of the renders

Reactions: Jorjor69 and armond

White Lamp

Dec 18, 2020
Are you a supporter?

If so - Patreon or SS?

I'd be happy to go and read all the posts where you support the creators as well as those where you provide constructive feedback.

If you are just here to take something for free and then complain when it is too hot or too cold or not served in any way to your liking, have at it.

But ... no creator has to listen or pay attention, sweet child :)
it’s kinda weird your complaining about the presence of pirates on a pirate forums.

do you understand what the platform f95 is?

CHAD-MAN

Aug 12, 2017
it’s kinda weird your complaining about the presence of pirates on a pirate forums.

Yes, its a community that happens to share stuff. Sure, you can call it "pirating"... if the devs didnt get something out of it e.g. patrons that would never find the game otherwise. And some devs actually post the stuff themselves to begin with.

White Lamp

Dec 18, 2020
Yes, its a community that happens to share stuff. Sure, you can call it "pirating"... if the devs didnt get something out of it e.g. patrons that would never find the game otherwise. And some devs actually post the stuff themselves to begin with.
so… pirating but with more words.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Tatsuya25

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020

Here's the rest of my post you did not bother to include:

"If you are just here to take something for free and then complain when it is too hot or too cold or not served in any way to your liking, have at it.

But ... no creator has to listen or pay attention, sweet child :)."

There is nothing in my posts about pirates - I just responded to You - and your original complaint, with an update from the developer dated Feb 27th.

It is not unusual for devs to provide an update when they are close to a release and providing this kind of update on any F95 forum is actually pretty common - it's called sharing information.

If you don't like what the dev shared - that's on you, but as you described it - this is a pirate forum - so why are you complaining when someone disagrees with you?

Cheers to the next release of Radiant and more time with the triplets!

White Lamp

Dec 18, 2020
Here's the rest of my post you did not bother to include:

"If you are just here to take something for free and then complain when it is too hot or too cold or not served in any way to your liking, have at it.

But ... no creator has to listen or pay attention, sweet child :)."

There is nothing in my posts about pirates - I just responded to You - and your original complaint, with an update from the developer dated Feb 27th.

It is not unusual for devs to provide an update when they are close to a release and providing this kind of update on any F95 forum is actually pretty common - it's called sharing information.

If you don't like what the dev shared - that's on you, but as you described it - this is a pirate forum - so why are you complaining when someone disagrees with you?

Cheers to the next release of Radiant and more time with the triplets!
dont try to be obtuse. The core of your argument is that since Im not paying I Shouldn’t be complaining about devs missing deadlines.

4.30 star(s) 271 Votes