yltohawk

Mar 19, 2019
That's what the discord is for, someone send this to the dev:

Let's see if he sees it and we can get him to turn on his lamp,If his care about his game.

If not, here's the solution:

i do it too, it works very good.
I actually agree with you on this one.

Reactions: Zero-

Solaris33

Jul 25, 2019
Jouras, if you don't get rid of these irrelevant characters, this game will never advance.

Plus most of them are irrelevant characters, if you're not willing to remove these irrelevant characters from the plot then you can keep complaining and being disappointed in these devs for another 20 years, you choose.
Badjourasmix is right. The cast size comes down to preference and it can be debated whether or not there are too many characters until the end of time. The reason this game is going nowhere is because the devs put the bare minimum amount of effort into working on it. Side characters are not the issue (although I agree with you that a lot of them are poorly written and are just there to pad out the play time).

Zero-

Mar 22, 2023
Side characters are not the issue
The Devs are not going to increase the amount of content they create because they are too lazy, the fact that there are so many irrelevant characters only makes it worse, this game is not designed to have that many characters.

The more unnecessary characters there are even worse, why should devs divide the little content they create with a large number of characters.

It's like having 1 apple and trying to divide it into 13 pieces for a whole year.

The only practical solution is to reduce that number of characters, and focus the little quality content on the worthwhile characters.

PS: Good luck asking these devs to double or triple the amount of content, here's a visual of their expressions:
descarga (1).jpeg

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
They will probably just ban you from their discord if you go there complaining about them not working on the game, especially if you're not a supporter. It has been 3 years now since they released the first version. I am sure they are well aware of the criticisms people have about the development of this game. That is probably the main reason why they don't even bother posting on this thread anymore. If they wanted to change anything they would've done so a long time ago. I'll just play the updates when they are released but I am not really expecting this game to ever be finished.

Zero-

Mar 22, 2023
They will probably just ban you from their discord if you go there complaining about them not working on the game
I've said it before, this game is unplayable and unworkable, and as long as it stays like this not even 20 updates could improve this game, I'd rather burn my money than give these milkers 1 cent.

Reactions: LSC82

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
I don't lose anything for playing it for free so I will just enjoy what I can get and if it ever gets to a point where I don't enjoy any of the stuff they release, I'll just stop playing. There are always new games coming out, and great ones being updated. It's sad that the devs don't seem to be interested in making this game, one of the great ones, but they are the ones losing, not me.

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
I've said it before, this game is unplayable and unworkable, and as long as it stays like this not even 20 updates could improve this game, I'd rather burn my money than give these milkers 1 cent.
This game is perfectly playable, even to me, who doesn't like some parts of it, it still seems pretty good. Who do you want to fool?
Gracie is arguably one of the best characters, not to mention her importance to the plot. I'd rather put up with ten whiners on this thread than not have a single Gracie in the game.

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
The Devs are not going to increase the amount of content they create because they are too lazy, the fact that there are so many irrelevant characters only makes it worse, this game is not designed to have that many characters.

The more unnecessary characters there are even worse, why should devs divide the little content they create with a large number of characters.

It's like having 1 apple and trying to divide it into 13 pieces for a whole year.

The only practical solution is to reduce that number of characters, and focus the little quality content on the worthwhile characters.

PS: Good luck asking these devs to double or triple the amount of content, here's a visual of their expressions:
View attachment 2884721
Some people like a wide variety of characters, some like a small tight group. Personally I think the best is to have multiple concentric circles of characters, the same way we typically do in real life.
You have your inner circle. These are the Main End Game LI's.
Then in the next circle out you have your LI's that maybe don't get a "happily ever after ending" they are the "It was fun while it lasted, but we both moved on" girls.
Then the next ring out is your "Side chicks" the ones that you only hook up with once or twice in the game and have little actual contribution to the game other than to give the player some action while he is holding out for the slower burn, main LI.
Finally, on the outside, you have a few "Untouchables". These are basically your background eye candy, they can play an important role in the story, but they are never LI's. (if you give the player EVERYTHING, he'll get bored to fast.)

This way, instead of taking one apple and dividing it into 13 pieces, you can let the player bake an apple pie out of his apple and let him snack on cherries, raisins, grapes, and strawberries while he waits on the pie to be ready.

However, some games go crazy and just throw everything together into the pie pan and throw it at the wall to see what sticks.

Anyway, that's my thoughts on game character/LI numbers

Bombmaster

May 8, 2022
The LI should accommodate a fetish style if possible.
Ex; having a cuck /impregnation target. cool.
Another LI: submissive and naive to cheat.
And so on: incest trifecta :
Naive/loving /sexual/bullying /tsundere.

I'm fine with having lots of LI making sure that they englobe a big fetish plater.

Putting a girl just for plain sex is cheap and boring for my taste.

Zero-

Mar 22, 2023
This way, instead of taking one apple and dividing it into 13 pieces, you can let the player bake an apple pie out of his apple and let him snack on cherries, raisins, grapes, and strawberries while he waits on the pie to be ready.
With the metaphor of the apple, I meant that the apple is the chapter and the 13 pieces are the characters...how do you manage to put so many scenes in just 1 chapter a year if you have so many characters and so little content?in the end you will end up receiving your "burn" so slow, that you'll probably start to feel it in 2030.

I'm not saying that your opinion about the LI in the game is wrong... but that in this game specifically, so many LI don't make sense, unless the dev do a minimum of 3k renders a year, which you will never do.

With so much LI here, you just greatly delay the plot, make it worse (because the characters aren't even well written) and lose quality content update after update... for what? just to bake a cake that you will eat in 2060?

Unfeasible game, more than an apple pie, they end up baking a milk cake, with so much milking.

Last edited:

virtuvoid

Donor
Apr 21, 2017
I'm not going to defend them, but why would they care what a non-supporter had to say?
The short answer--YES!
Even a non-supporter at present could have been a monthly supporter in the past or become a supporter in the future.
Notice what seems to be the majority trend : many Devs are active in their own game's thread at F95Zone for 1-2 years after the game first drops. Fishing for supporters and positive game reviews. When player resistance becomes too "toxic", the Dev makes an exit and rarely if ever returns. Does that remind anyone of this Radiant game thread?
Even so, a Dev may actually only disappear in name only. A new name, a new account, and he's back. Or arrange for several fan-bois to come to a thread and repeatedly tell everyone how wonderful the Dev is. Why bother?
Plus, imagine if a present supporter should "wander off the reservation" of heavily censored supporter forums. Surely, a few of those supporters may question their own assumptions enough to reduce their financial level of support, if only they could find F95Zone.
So do Devs care about F95Zone and its potentially bad for business posters? Hell yeah!

Last edited:

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
With the metaphor of the apple, I meant that the apple is the chapter and the 13 pieces are the characters...how do you manage to put so many scenes in just 1 chapter a year if you have so many characters and so little content?in the end you will end up receiving your "burn" so slow, that you'll probably start to feel it in 2030.

I'm not saying that your opinion about the LI in the game is wrong... but that in this game specifically, so many LI don't make sense, unless the dev do a minimum of 3k renders a year, which you will never do.

With so much LI here, you just greatly delay the plot, make it worse (because the characters aren't even well written) and lose quality content update after update... for what? just to bake a cake that you will eat in 2060?

Unfeasible game, more than an apple pie, they end up baking a milk cake, with so much milking.
Well, I am not speaking specifically about this dev or what he is doing, I am just sharing my thoughts/approach to LI's and how I would handle them if I were a Dev.... :rolleyes:
You can have lots of LI's, but if you choose to go that route, then you have to expact to be at your computer 8 to 16 hours a day 7 days a week (don't ask where I got those numbers, it couldn't actually be from experiance...just trust me) to make sure that you have the content to support that many LI's.
As if just telling a decent story isn't enough, yes, throwing in multiple LI's and making sure that they each have their own unique personalities and aren't just bland repitition or so non-confrontational that they seem unnatural, just so that there is always peace in your harem, does complicate the matter.
There are a few good devs and dev teams out there. When this game first started, I thought that RK was going to be among them. I am begining to lose hope.

Last edited:
Reactions: LSC82 and Zero-

virtuvoid

Donor
Apr 21, 2017
Well, I am not speaking specifically about this dev or what he is doing, I am just sharing my thoughts/approach to LI's and how I would handle them if I were a Dev.... :rolleyes:
You can have lots of LI's, but if you choose to go that route, then you have to expact to be at your computer 8 to 16 hours a day 7 days a week (don't ask where I got those numbers, it couldn't actually be from experiance...just trust me) to make sure that you have the content to support that many LI's.
As if just telling a decent story isn't enough, yes, throwing in multiple LI's and making sure that they each ave their own unique personalities and aren't just bland repitition or so non-confrontational that they seem unnatural, just so that their is always peace in your harem, does complicate the matter.
There are a few good devs and dev teams out there. When this game first started, I thought that RK was going to be among them. I am begining to lose hope.
Measured strictly on potential, RK is definitely an excellent Dev-team. Alorth very often does beauty renders. Although Sir D is too often over-the-top in his writing, he does have his finer moments with the reveal of Gracie's letter being the finest.
Unfortunately being able to do good work and then actually doing it in a timely fashion (as determined by the players) leaves much to be desired.
Many players love Radiant, for whatever reasons. But the way that game-development has gone has been a HUGE disappointment.

Reactions: Grif1001

Zero-

Mar 22, 2023
Exactly.

Last edited:

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
The simple fact that this game has been in development for 3 years and in those 3 years there was a period of 14 months where they didn't release a single update is enough for people to lose confidence in the devs. After those 14 months things didn't really get much better since we still only get one full update per year.

4.30 star(s) 271 Votes