Solaris33

Jul 25, 2019

Before I Forget

Sep 4, 2021
It's hard to have conversations about a VN when the updates are so few and far between. As tiresome as this thread can be, there's really nothing to discuss other than how obnoxious it is that they aren't working on updates, or even communicating with their patrons at all as far as I know.
That's why off topics exist so players can vent there while others that do want to talk about the game regardless of how often it's been updated can enjoy without spamming circle jerking, even though I agree with some of the critiques.

Reactions: Old Man Al

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
Strange how all developers get sick once they get a decent monthly salary.
Disagree - I follow plenty of dev's who are consistent in their releases (both before and after they achieved decent monthly salaries), including one that has not missed a quality monthly release for > 3 years.

The physical fitness requirements for AVN work are, OC, much less than for many other fields but we only notice fitness as an issue if the dev brings it up (whether it impacts their development cycle or not).

More on this is just going OT.

On the status of Radiant:

The last I heard from the dev was that Alorth is working on a group of renders (details like # of renders etc. not given), but there has been no update since that exchange with the dev (15 days ago).

I support a number of devs who have a 6-month production cycle But they make a point of regular communication with their supporters on Patreon/SS; whether that is every 2 weeks or every month - they Communicate.

The dev's choice to communicate about his gaming choices on Twitter while Not communicating with his supporters is a Fail in my book, as is the regular commitment to provide updates by a certain date and then miss that date.

I've recommended that the dev give No deadline for a release versus the too constant over promise and under deliver - my success in this regard is noted... ;) (that's me being sarcastic ... )

I Am looking forward to the next update, but I won't pine away on this thread bemoaning the lack of said update.

There are far too many other options on F95 to try out and, hopefully enjoy.

I hope you can find some of those today.

Cheers!! :coffee:

• Angry
Reactions: Guy Guyminheimer

karumi56

Oct 7, 2019
That's why off topics exist so players can vent there while others that do want to talk about the game regardless of how often it's been updated can enjoy without spamming circle jerking, even though I agree with some of the critiques.
That's one take on it. I find when there are no content updates and people talk about the same "which love interest is best?" and how great the (minimal) plot that is present over and over again to be circle jerking.

On game threads that have actual reliable content updates it's not an issue; there is actually something to talk about. Other wise you end up with people complaining about lack of updates and the white knights defending the dev's latest health/tech/global calamity reason for the lack of updates.

Ideally the game updates and we get something else to talk about...the actual game. Here's hoping it happens. (y)

Reactions: Before I Forget

virtuvoid

Donor
Apr 21, 2017
So, nothing this month either?
In the recent past, such as just before 0.5a dropped, it was very noteworthy that a large (>10%) drop in Patreon revenue caused that rushed mini-update.
I was hoping for a repeat performance this month since Patreon revenue has declined much more in the last few months. Also, since 0.5a was supposedly ~70% of a full update, 0.5b was that much easier to do.
Instead, all players are now at a crossroads regarding future Radiant development. It very much appears that SirD is trying to transition himself into a paid-for console game reviewer. If that has "legs" it's goodbye Radiant.
Either SirD soon announces his future career plan on Twitter/X, or a long-overdue progress report is sent to long-suffering Radiant supporters.
Unless this is more of a systemic VN problem (IRL personal financial sanctions against many Devs causing widespread chaos) rather than a specific Radiant one, I can't see much hope going forward.
October (no update has dropped past the 11th of a month and SirD has confirmed this as intentional) brings another possibility with a fright-night non-canon Radiant episode.

For the tl;dr people--it don't look good...

Qixoni

Jul 10, 2017
In the recent past, such as just before 0.5a dropped, it was very noteworthy that a large (>10%) drop in Patreon revenue caused that rushed mini-update.
I was hoping for a repeat performance this month since Patreon revenue has declined much more in the last few months. Also, since 0.5a was supposedly ~70% of a full update, 0.5b was that much easier to do.
Instead, all players are now at a crossroads regarding future Radiant development. It very much appears that SirD is trying to transition himself into a paid-for console game reviewer. If that has "legs" it's goodbye Radiant.
Either SirD soon announces his future career plan on Twitter/X, or a long-overdue progress report is sent to long-suffering Radiant supporters.
Unless this is more of a systemic VN problem (IRL personal financial sanctions against many Devs causing widespread chaos) rather than a specific Radiant one, I can't see much hope going forward.
October (no update has dropped past the 11th of a month and SirD has confirmed this as intentional) brings another possibility with a fright-night non-canon Radiant episode.

For the tl;dr people--it don't look good...
The guy said that this update would be much longer than it was suppose to. But yes, i guess doingtwo playthroughs of FF trash was more important than deliver antyhing at all concerning his own game. Good for him, sucks for us

Bombmaster

May 8, 2022
The guy said that this update would be much longer than it was suppose to. But yes, i guess doingtwo playthroughs of FF trash was more important than deliver antyhing at all concerning his own game. Good for him, sucks for us
When he does abandon, at least someone is going to make a similar game and fill the void.
Triplets with corruption and some toppings extra.

jllkfsdj

Apr 19, 2019
When did 0.5 alpha originally drop? It says "more this month"... which month was that? I'm loving the Brooklyn romance.

4.30 star(s) 271 Votes