Mar 13, 2022
ok gona just drop the timers, since it was almost 100 pages of that posted

v0.1 - 7. Apr .2020
v0.2 - 06.Nov.2020 - 7 months
v0.3 - 05.Jul.2021 - 8 months
v0.4 - 11.Sep.2022 - 14 months
v0.5 alpha - 5 March 2023 - 6 month
v0.5 beta - View attachment 2820263 - 5 months and counting
So hasn't it been six months now? Isn't t hat the cutoff point for a game being tagged "abandoned"?

JeffisZac

Apr 1, 2019
Its probably been said already but most developers go into a mad panic when they see their game get tagged as abandoned so if this game gets tagged surely they would release something (mainly just the full or even beta version of v0.5)

Reactions: VOYEUR

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
So hasn't it been six months now? Isn't t hat the cutoff point for a game being tagged "abandoned"?
It's 3 months without any communication from the dev or 18 months if the dev posts a message at least once every 3 months

micmitja

Forum Fanatic
Aug 6, 2017
well sadly it doesnt work like that, dev did made P post month ago and would require for him to be gone 3 month.
to get the tag beyond activity it does takes atm 18m without actual game update.
hopefully they will add few tags for that now that they are making changes to it.

Bombmaster

May 8, 2022
Technically speaking it is. The dev is alive and posting wallpapers but there has been no new update in more than 6 months.
He can't really stop logging to make sure how much he can spend in uber eats to continue tendies and gaming bro.

virtuvoid

Donor
Apr 21, 2017
Still no September wallpapers on the horizon. I wonder what kind of BS he will invent to justify the delay in his next "(No) Progress report". Sickness is hard to use again, given the number of FF tweets he sent. People would hardly believe this.
People...if only they knew...maybe they might...

faramata

Mar 13, 2022
Still no September wallpapers on the horizon. I wonder what kind of BS he will invent to justify the delay in his next "(No) Progress report". Sickness is hard to use again, given the number of FF tweets he sent. People would hardly believe this.
You are not owed anything, that's not how Patreon works, you moron!! Sorry, I was channeling that sleaze from a few pages back. Now in all seriousness, at this point, this guy could literally even stop making wallpapers and post on Patreon about how he's playing games or binge watching Sopranos or whatever, because the carrot of a new release is keeping people paying.

• Sad
Reactions: Tim Long Curry
Mar 5, 2020
You are not owed anything, that's not how Patreon works, you moron!! Sorry, I was channeling that sleaze from a few pages back. Now in all seriousness, at this point, this guy could literally even stop making wallpapers and post on Patreon about how he's playing games or binge watching Sopranos or whatever, because the carrot of a new release is keeping people paying.
That is where you are wrong!Normally, I would agree with you, but if the dev commits to a release "in 2 to 3 weeks", it means he owes it to whoever stayed subscribed because of this promise. Use your brain before posting next time!

• Angry
Reactions: Handy Dean

faramata

Mar 13, 2022
That is where you are wrong!Normally, I would agree with you, but if the dev commits to a release "in 2 to 3 weeks", it means he owes it to whoever stayed subscribed because of this promise. Use your brain before posting next time!
Maybe use yours, or learn English and read carefully, huh?

walker188

Apr 30, 2017
I think the most irritating part (for me as a pure observer) is hearing the devs justifications. Saying shit like, the part b release will be 'larger than many other avns full release ' just reeks of gaslighting. He's been 'working' for 6+ months. This should be a massive release.

virtuvoid

Donor
Apr 21, 2017
I think the most irritating part (for me as a pure observer) is hearing the devs justifications. Saying shit like, the part b release will be 'larger than many other avns full release ' just reeks of gaslighting. He's been 'working' for 6+ months. This should be a massive release.
There have been many "massive releases". But in the form of excuses...

• Haha
Reactions: faramata

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
Meanwhile Devs like DPC sit there quietly like "Oh, you think that is a massive update?"

• Haha
Reactions: faramata

faramata

Mar 13, 2022
Absolutely. But well, if it works. But at this point he's not even providing any. I mean somewhere earlier someone posted the timeline for the various versions. At one point there was a 14-month gap between the two of them. Compared to guys like Lament Entertainment of Ravenous, or Ttrick of Long Story Short, MrDots, or the guy who made Lost at Birth (which IMO really deserves support since his animations in his game are a league above all the others I've seen), this guy has literally no excuse other than just milking because he can. He takes in thousands of dollars each month, which means he could afford the best hardware, so the excuse of somehow being held back by his PC won't fly, especially since his renders are nothing impressive. The triplets are good looking, but the renders themselves aren't much and he's not pushing the envelope like Ocean is. His health? Don't make me laugh. That excuse is the go-to for every developer who can't be bothered to work or got some writer's block. Of course they never mention what the disease is, that would at least make it credible. Not sure how a disease that debilitates one for months on end doesn't kill them. Real life job, that could be accepted, I mean I don't think I could see myself taking the plunge to work on games full time, even if I was making a few thousand dollars a month, I'd be too afraid of not being able to come up with new ideas once my first game was done or the fans not liking my new work. But then you should have the decency to pause payments like the animators do. There are several who do that if they can't deliver something for one month.

walker188

Apr 30, 2017
Meanwhile Devs like DPC sit there quietly like "Oh, you think that is a massive update?"
The crazy part is DPC (who works completely alone) has released that have comparable amounts of content to mainstream AAA games, and yet even HE gets accused of milking....

Reactions: yossa999

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
The crazy part is DPC (who works completely alone) has released that have comparable amounts of content to mainstream AAA games, and yet even HE gets accused of milking....
Because the people who do accuse him of milking don't know what they are talking about. For example all the static and animations he has rendered, thus far, for Episode 10 amount to 55,000 rendered images. Getting to that number, in under a year, on your own.. Is .. Well.. It is setting the bar stupidly high for other Devs to try to compete.

Pepe_the_frog

Oct 7, 2018
Because the people who do accuse him of milking don't know what they are talking about. For example all the static and animations he has rendered, thus far, for Episode 10 amount to 55,000 rendered images. Getting to that number, in under a year, on your own.. Is .. Well.. It is setting the bar stupidly high for other Devs to try to compete.
55,000 is fucking crazy no matter the circumstances

Reactions: Tatsuya2022
4.30 star(s) 271 Votes