RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
OMG!!! YOU DID IT!

After years of toil and struggle. Finally that beautiful tag has been added to the thread. And what a difference it makes. What blow you delivered to the hearts of those dastardly devs!

God bless all you brave Internet warriors. You typed. You cried. You bitched. And you were finally heard. VINDICATION! Reap the spoils of your labor!

Rest now brave warriors, your work here is done.

Justice has been served.

All is right with this place once again.

May all the Newbies remember your deeds and sing your praises forevermore.

wookie ookie

Aug 30, 2021
There should be a system where if a dev abandons a game, they have to at least make the Daz character models publicly available so that other people can do stuff with the characters. F95 could have it like a Twitter verification thing, so that games which have agreed to this have some sort of extra symbol next to them. The devs could give the files to the F95 mods, and after a certain period of time with the abandoned tag, the assets/charachter models get posted by the mods on the game page.

It would also give at least a little bit more trust that the developer would stick with the game, while also enabling people to have some sort of insurance that if the game is dropped those charachters aren't just completely gone. Since someone else in the community could pick it up, or at least make some other content.

What I'm really trying to say is that, I neeeed more of Maddie's dummy thicc ass, and it should be illegal to make such hot characters and then blue-ball everyone :WutFace:
What you are suggesting with dev giving stuff to F95 after abandoned would never happen it's their work don't have to turn it over. If the dev would complete chapter 5 and downloaded to site tonight the abandoned tag would disappear, not that I think that will happen but if it did we would be back to him doing wallpapers every 3 months. The tag was done because he hasn't posted anything since 8/11 wallpapers, renders, dev update log ect... which is over 3 months, not for the game update. Love your last part on blue balls :LOL:

virtuvoid

Donor
Apr 21, 2017
OMG!!! YOU DID IT!

After years of toil and struggle. Finally that beautiful tag has been added to the thread. And what a difference it makes. What blow you delivered to the hearts of those dastardly devs!

God bless all you brave Internet warriors. You typed. You cried. You bitched. And you were finally heard. VINDICATION! Reap the spoils of your labor!

Rest now brave warriors, your work here is done.

Justice has been served.

All is right with this place once again.

May all the Newbies remember your deeds and sing your praises forevermore.
There is no joy or relief on my part in seeing the Abandoned tag.
Absolutely deserved for SirD, ofc.
But I still feel a strong sense of sadness, as of now.
I'll get over it.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
I swear, Patreon needs to do something about this. If a Dev isn't working on what their Patrons are paying for or "donating" for, they should get a temp ban or Patrons get a refund or etc. Because if this shit doesn't stop/change, it's only going to get worse.

You have people thinking "Ah! they make, how much? and for doing, nothing? shhhiiite! time to learn how to AVN shit and get that sweet easy money" just crappy people taking advantage of people who give them their hard-earned money for their product that they care deeply about and for what? to get milked/scammed/lied to? fuck that.

Something needs to happen and change. This shit is getting ridiculous....

I knew this was going to be abandoned too, once all those wallpapers started rolling in...
lol that's not how it works.
You seem to be misunderstanding the whole point of Patreon itself.

The platform is a modern take on the classic concept of "patronage."
Historically, artists such as painters, musicians, and authors sometimes relied on wealthy donors' patronage to finance their work.
Patreon takes that core concept and enables a much larger audience to finance artists and content creators they like at affordable monthly rates.

So basically, what patrons did before and still doing are making an investment in the content creator.
They like the dev's work and (those who can and decides to) wish to support him/her by giving the dev virtual tips.

It's not a "I gave you X, so you must give me Y" transaction as you are implying with "dev is not doing what he's paid for." Onus is completely on the patrons themselves whether they're wise enough to stop supporting the dev who may be scamming them.
And for those who still decide to support the said dev, despite scammy behavior i.e. they still somehow think it's worth the investment, well it is what it is (shrugs).

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
There is no joy or relief on my part in seeing the Abandoned tag.
Absolutely deserved for SirD, ofc.
But I still feel a strong sense of sadness, as of now.
I'll get over it.
I'm just poking fun of the situation. The abandoned tag changes absolutely nothing. I just found it amusing that so many people here seem to have made it their mission to get the mods to add the tag like it was gonna make any difference at all. Not like SirD or Alorth give a flying fuck what a bunch of randoms in F95 say about their work ethic...

And anyone that understands how Patreon works knows that nothing will change over there either.

faramata

Mar 13, 2022
lol that's not how it works.
You seem to be misunderstanding the whole point of Patreon itself.

The platform is a modern take on the classic concept of "patronage."
Historically, artists such as painters, musicians, and authors sometimes relied on wealthy donors' patronage to finance their work.
Patreon takes that core concept and enables a much larger audience to finance artists and content creators they like at affordable monthly rates.

So basically, what patrons did before and still doing are making an investment in the content creator.
They like the dev's work and (those who can and decides to) wish to support him/her by giving the dev virtual tips.

It's not a "I gave you X, so you must give me Y" transaction as you are implying with "dev is not doing what he's paid for." Onus is completely on the patrons themselves whether they're wise enough to stop supporting the dev who may be scamming them.
And for those who still decide to support the said dev, despite scammy behavior i.e. they still somehow think it's worth the investment, well it is what it is (shrugs).
Oh look, it's that deliberately fallacious argument again. I guess all those devs who actually deliver stuff are just a bunch of retards who "don't know how Patreon works", according to you. Silly rabbits, they should just sit on their ass and take the money their patrons are giving them. There is always one more...

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
I'm just poking fun of the situation. The abandoned tag changes absolutely nothing. I just found it amusing that so many people here seem to have made it their mission to get the mods to add the tag like it was gonna make any difference at all. Not like SirD or Alorth give a flying fuck what a bunch of randoms in F95 say about their work ethic...

And anyone that understands how Patreon works knows that nothing will change over there either.
Yup, and Abandoned tag also doesn't necessarily mean it's actually abandoned for some devs.

Hypothetically, if a dev had gotten into an accident, and it took couple of months to recover, or there's other IRL crisis going on with the dev that leaves him inactive for at least 3 months, the said game's thread will still get the "abandoned" tag even if there's no ill intent from dev to try and scam anyone.
And when that dev is back, the abandoned tag will be removed, and things will get back to normal.

So abandoned here doesn't always mean it's actually abandoned. It depends.

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
If you just started playing, my advice for you is to stop now and find another game to play. You will probably enjoy the current content in the game but after that you will only get upset because the devs don't give a shit about this game anymore and only if you're very very lucky you might get 1 full update per year.
Yeah, there are lots of other games to play on here. I know of one that just came out last night... but I'm not promoting anyone in particular... Lots of other great games on here to try.

Reactions: MythMackay

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Oh look, it's that deliberately fallacious argument again. I guess all those devs who actually deliver stuff are just a bunch of retards who "don't know how Patreon works", according to you. Silly rabbits, they should just sit on their ass and take the money their patrons are giving them. There is always one more...
There is no fallacy here. It works on a reputation game system.

People trust you, you deliver because you want them to trust you in the future, and because you deliver they trust you again.

As long as people value their future enough, they will deliver. The moment they don't, reputation is lost and no more product is done.

Game theory 101.

4.30 star(s) 271 Votes