Tatsuya2022

Apr 5, 2023
lmao so they want to milk till mars ... yea yeah maybe their mothers believe these 2 devs?

no being honest is a thing now a days? apes going to keep feeding him ? really those 5 k bucks are at the moment the worse wasted ever around here .

for anybody who want to support any good developer there should be a LIST OR TAG , that made the DEVELOPERS wing something of prestige for their work , each 4 or 5 months updates . AND for those lassy slaker developers who not , well whatever. OR even a tag of Mlkr but as IF

Last edited:
Reactions: faramata

kjj308

Nov 2, 2022
I could get by if the mum decided to fuck him over another way but to literally fuck him, that's just retarded writing. No mum who loves their son would ever do that.
This is the typical male wish fulfillment. MC has a magic dick and literally every female that he encounters immediately wants to fuck him...

Reactions: VOYEUR

faramata

Mar 13, 2022
What I took away from this is that the game is dead and they're going to try to squeeze out 4 or 5 months until March, where Alorth will then quit. Its going to take them 9 months to get the remaining "30%" of Ch. 5 released... I doubt they will release a completed Ch. 6 in less than three months. But hey, devs, prove me wrong lmfao... I doubt you will make this deadline as this is a reeeeaaacchhhh, which is why I said game is officially dead in 4-5 months.

This is absolute damage control from fucking around for months on end and they're in a panic. I'm not donating again until I see results, even after Ch. 6, and I'm sure others are thinking the exact same and are just as doubtful. But they are going to have to seriously work to regain support.
I was getting optimistic at first, when I saw the announcement, but now that I think about it I could slap myself. I think your analysis is correct. I mean, in a situation like this, there is nothing Alorth can do to make SirD get serious and like you said (evem assuming they weren't both OK with the situation), making a whole chapter in just three months is unlikely. There is all the back and forth, waiting for email replies probably, redone renders, rewrites, ren'py coding, debugging, and that's assuming the overall story is already designed (IOW he already has a plan for what is going to happen to the characters, all the way to the end). Maybe that can be done if he gives us a ridiculously smal chapter, but I'm willing to bet that wouldn't go down well, and even then, it might be back to the old tricks again of putting out wallpapers and delaying things over and over, but it's doubtful that could work, most people hare are wise to the act.
Cautiously optimistic, but it's unlikely we'll get the whole game.

Qixoni

Jul 10, 2017
Lol! I don't kink-shame, bro. Next time.../s
Ok, that's news to me.
Mind you, IRL stuff is similar. Much easier to enact a rule/law than repeal it. However non-sensical.
But the spirit of my objection to the Abandoned tag lovers remains /s. Besides, I actually like this thread more than the game. At least a respite for this thread "seems" (ain't done 'til it's done) near.
Are you a SirDammed Bot? You are doing a very poor job being one. How can you even defend such behavior in the first place?

virtuvoid

Donor
Apr 21, 2017
Are you a SirDammed Bot? You are doing a very poor job being one. How can you even defend such behavior in the first place?
Most posters seem to make very little effort to understand what's going on. Circle-jerk groupings.
I am able to separate-->Devs bad, games good.
The root cause of "such behaviour" is that the Patreon system is a scam. A subscriber-based payment system that, using legal sleight-of-hand, pretends to be a patronage system. So, content creators are incentivized to give some content monthly even in itty-bitty amounts.
The Devs of AVNs can pretend that non-canon wallpapers are somehow worthy of what a "patron" pays monthly.
In Radiant's case, maybe nothing at all. No refunds for supporters, no forced contractual pauses of monthly charges by Patreon. No pauses by Dev equates to Dev-scamming. You "think" I defend this shit ??
Devs, as a group, naturally behave much worse in such a corrupt system. Several posters recently expressed a desire to become a Dev so they, themselves, can get a share of that sweet rip-off money (money for nothing).
I have consistently called out SirD for being a top-tier abuser of supporters.
Other posters absurdly claim it's the supporters who abuse the system ?! To what end ? Just separate the money-takers from the money-givers to see the real abusers.
Some posters also say don't support SirD but do support some other Dev. Makes no sense. Many supposedly good Devs have gone bad, with the system helping this process along.

You want to be an extremist. Go ahead. I'm an independent thinker.

Qixoni

Jul 10, 2017
Most posters seem to make very little effort to understand what's going on. Circle-jerk groupings.
I am able to separate-->Devs bad, games good.
The root cause of "such behaviour" is that the Patreon system is a scam. A subscriber-based payment system that, using legal sleight-of-hand, pretends to be a patronage system. So, content creators are incentivized to give some content monthly even in itty-bitty amounts.
The Devs of AVNs can pretend that non-canon wallpapers are somehow worthy of what a "patron" pays monthly.
In Radiant's case, maybe nothing at all. No refunds for supporters, no forced contractual pauses of monthly charges by Patreon. No pauses by Dev equates to Dev-scamming. You "think" I defend this shit ??
Devs, as a group, naturally behave much worse in such a corrupt system. Several posters recently expressed a desire to become a Dev so they, themselves, can get a share of that sweet rip-off money (money for nothing).
I have consistently called out SirD for being a top-tier abuser of supporters.
Other posters absurdly claim it's the supporters who abuse the system ?! To what end ? Just separate the money-takers from the money-givers to see the real abusers.
Some posters also say don't support SirD but do support some other Dev. Makes no sense. Many supposedly good Devs have gone bad, with the system helping this process along.

You want to be an extremist. Go ahead. I'm an independent thinker.
That´s not what you have been saying so far, hence what i said what i said. If your stance from the beginning was this one, there would be no reason for me to say such a thing.
You kept defending the lazyness of the dev, that good writing takes times, blah blah blah. I think we all want the game to succedd, that was never the point. I couldn´t care less about patreon or subscriber and so on. Just like i do in life, if i promise to do something i will, in work and in life, and the dev failed completely at that.

Reactions: Maviarab

wookie ookie

Aug 30, 2021
Guess we will all know within 45 days as that's the first deadline for complete chapter 5 to be released Jan 1 everyone place a bet

Reactions: faramata

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Like that wasn't obvious from how he was busy ranting on Twitter about Final Fantasy.

Also, I guess all that bitching worked. We're finally seeing some reaction.
Alorth said this on the radiant discord:
alorth.png
It seems like alorth just got tired of sir dammed's shit. Overall Alorth has a good reputation in the community but people have started comparing them to ICSTOR. I wouldn't want to be involved in a project like that either, so if Sir Dammed doesn't get his shit together, I believe that Alorth will just leave the team.

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
View attachment 3096634
It seems like alorth just got tired of sir dammed's shit. Overall Alorth has a good reputation in the community but people have started comparing them to ICSTOR. I wouldn't want to be involved in a project like that either, so if Sir Dammed doesn't get his shit together, I believe that Alorth will just leave the team.
It's quite sad. The game has a great setting and good intentions (a 'loving dad' path without any sexual interaction is not common) and obviously some team members that believe in it. I have no idea why the one responsible fucked it up that badly. He must be well aware what happens if he does not just deliver little, but nothing at all. That's why I partially believe him that the delays are not intentional. No one is THAT stupid to fuck something good up like this on purpose.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
It's quite sad. The game has a great setting and good intentions (a 'loving dad' path without any sexual interaction is not common) and obviously some team members that believe in it. I have no idea why the one responsible fucked it up that badly. He must be well aware what happens if he does not just deliver little, but nothing at all. That's why I partially believe him that the delays are not intentional. No one is THAT stupid to fuck something good up like this on purpose.
When people are still paying you even though you haven't released anything in 8 months, you don't really have much of an incentive to work. I defend a lot of devs on this forum because shit happens in life and I have had periods of my life where it seemed like everything was going wrong at the same time. The issue with this game is that it has been like this pretty much since the beginning. There was a period of 14 months where they didn't release anything. At this point it's really really hard to believe that he isn't doing this on purpose.

faramata

Mar 13, 2022
View attachment 3096634
"Since I have a few staff members to pay". Then that means I nailed it. Part of those monthly earnings go to Alorth, as they share revenue from Patreon. I can see how he doesn't like it if the revenue drops, especially if he has other people to pay.
https://f95zone.to/threads/radiant-v0-5-alpha-rk-studios.49572/post-12231384
It might be more than the reputation, they probably (emphasis on "probably") share revenue too. So he may have a direct stake in getting SirD to get back to work.

Reactions: White Lamp

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
"Since I have a few staff members to pay". Then that means I nailed it. Part of those monthly earnings go to Alorth, as they share revenue from Patreon. I can see how he doesn't like it if the revenue drops, especially if he has other people to pay.
https://f95zone.to/threads/radiant-v0-5-alpha-rk-studios.49572/post-12231384
Yeah that is the reason why in the past few months I have been more critical of Alorth. Even if SirD is the one that is not doing shit, Alorth is also making money from the project so he can't just say "hey it's not my fault" and just let things continue the same way. He should've put his foot down a long time ago, but I guess it's better late than never.

Reactions: hawk784563

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
Who believes they can release chapter 6 by March? Does an alpha or even a pre-alpha count?

And more importantly, what about the wallpapers? They've missed 3 months now :HideThePain:

Also, please note that when there is a single main Dev creating an AVN, the chances for a completed game project are less. The stark comparison is that while Radiant is to be continued, Polarity remains Abandoned.
Not by much. In a team of a writer and an artist, if one of them leaves you can try to replace him but it's not so easy and it won't be the same

If he put as much energy in writing his game rather than those posts....

• Haha
Reactions: hawk784563

virtuvoid

Donor
Apr 21, 2017
That´s not what you have been saying so far, hence what i said what i said. If your stance from the beginning was this one, there would be no reason for me to say such a thing.
You kept defending the lazyness of the dev, that good writing takes times, blah blah blah. I think we all want the game to succedd, that was never the point. I couldn´t care less about patreon or subscriber and so on. Just like i do in life, if i promise to do something i will, in work and in life, and the dev failed completely at that.
Ah! I see.
You're obviously confusing me with someone else. NEVER have I defended SirD.
IMHO, some people have conflated Radiant with SirD whereas I view them as distinct. Therefore, I will defend Radiant but not SirD.

Reactions: PaxHadrian17
Mar 5, 2020
Who believes they can release chapter 6 by March? Does an alpha or even a pre-alpha count?
Have you seen any kind of commitment as to how long Chapter 6 will need to be? That is kind of the problem here: Alorth has to take control and kick Jammed in the ass to make him move forward, but what is preventing the latter from releasing 15 minutes of content in March and calling it Chapter 6?

In addition to this, no one knows how they agreed to split the Patreon money, but the fact is, Alorth has some people to pay (I thing he hired/trained at least 1 person during development of chapter 4) even while they sit idle waiting for Jammed to get in gear, and he cannot commit to another project in the meantime otherwise he would be responsible for the delays, while Jammed can just pocket the money after doing nothing for 9 month without owing anything to anyone.

The delays and lack of information/communication has been damaging both devs' reputation, but I believe Jammed does not really care about that anymore given his history with Polarity (which still earns him a couple hundred buck despite not getting a single patreon post for over 2 years)

4.30 star(s) 271 Votes