godoff95

Mar 15, 2018
I enjoyed Polarity. haven't played neko. But this game ruined gaming for me. No other games except dots gives me the taste i find here.

• Haha
Reactions: SrRK

SDaddy666

May 5, 2017
this popped at top 3 game in two weeks wtf!
Gotta try this but before that, could someone please tell me if this is a free-roam, quest like game or anotherdialogue and choose options vn game ?
thank you.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
Actually, that is entirely dependent on the variable you set :p
i hear yeah , when i put my little math problem in the thread i just used info from this game ...
in coma = almost 10 = so lets says total 9 years and having to learn to walk and talk again we're talking at least a year , more likely 2 years = 11 years so far ..... look at the time line the game gives March 5th 2005 - January 4th 2015 then , the doctor says you been in a coma almost 10 years so it adds up sorta like this :

coma = 9 1/2 years
recover learning to walk an talk again = at least 2 years
going to school again to learn, get a rep in photography has to at least take hmmm lets go quickly and say at least 4 to 5 years ... o.k. a reasonable person would take at least 8 years to get that kind of rep ..
total time you been thru some hell a cious shit 9 1/2 + 2 + 8 totals out to 19 and 1/2 years..
so that would make Natalies claim is pretty much incorrect ...
and so if you total the least amount of time 9 1/2 + 4 + 2 = 15 1/2 years ago .. Natalies claim would still be valid ...

Last edited:

SDaddy666

May 5, 2017
It's the dialogue and choose options VN variety.

Which is what I much prefer, no frustrating grind and missed events. It's all about the story.
I prefer the other genre, this is too linear and boring for me. Still i'm playing DMD, so imma try this one if it's that high noted.

Rodzaju

Dec 25, 2018
I prefer the other genre, this is too linear and boring for me. Still i'm playing DMD, so imma try this one if it's that high noted.
Each to their own.
I prefer these.
In open world games, there's too much risk of spending forever grinding, or wandering around looking for stuff to do.
Also things happen in specific places at specific times so is too easy to miss.
For those games, I really need a walkthrough to make it worth putting in the time.
VNs like this remind me a lot of the old "choose your own adventure" books from my youth...

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
i hear yeah
I doubt so. Because it was you how put in "15" when you were asked how old the girls are, and therefore you assumed it only took the MC to recover and get his reputation in photography in about 5-6 years in the first place. So if you want to the game to be reasonable according to your own math (~8 years to get the rep. in photography), you shouldn't have put "15" when you were asked for the girls' age.

The woman at the end tells you "A-And... ...about [age] years ago...".

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
I doubt so. Because it was you how put in "15" when you were asked how old the girls are, and therefore you assumed it only took the MC to recover and get his reputation in photography in about 5-6 years in the first place. So if you want to the game to be reasonable according to your own math (~8 years to get the rep. in photography), you shouldn't have put "15" when you were asked for the girls' age.

I worked in a professional photo studio as well as with Hollywood agents and PR firms. If you make the correct contacts, one can make it to a very high level in an extremely short time. The saying in the entertainment industry is it's not what you know, it's who you know - and from personal experience, I can confirm that this is very true. ~8 years to get a reputation in photography is a false assumption. Even in the story, Bernie is impressed at how fast the MC's star has risen.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019

and look at the ages i put in the equation ... SURPRISE

ttrreess

Feb 26, 2019
I worked in a professional photo studio as well as with Hollywood agents and PR firms. If you make the correct contacts, one can make it to a very high level in an extremely short time. The saying in the entertainment industry is it's not what you know, it's who you know - and from personal experience, I can confirm that this is very true. ~8 years to get a reputation in photography is a false assumption. Even in the story, Bernie is impressed at how fast the MC's star has risen.
Folks, don't let the age thing take away your enjoyment of the game.

I mean, wow, there sure seems to be a trend of getting wrapped around the axle about the whole age thing. The Dev has even tried to give some flexibility to the players in allowing them to pick the age so it is the most enjoyable it can be to them. But here is my advice to the Dev on how to fix the issue in the next version. Be specific on everything except the length of time in the coma and then let that reflect the math needed to match the player's input. Example:

Fixed time (only using 2 events for simplicity, but could be whatever the story requires, and years are up to Dev):
Time in recovery = 2 years
Time to establish career and business = 3 years (Spot on, seamanq!)
TOTAL = 5 years

If the player picks that they want the girls to be 18 then time in coma is 18 - 5 - 1 (actually 9 months, but keeping it simple) = 12 years.
If the player picks that they want the girls to be 21 then time in coma is 21 - 5 - 1 (actually 9 months, but keeping it simple) = 15 years.

The time back to the accident is always going to be the age chosen by the player + 9 months.

The time back to Prom night is always going to be the same, the age chosen by the player + 9 months. But my advice would be to just never reference the year specifically and just say "About X years ago..." based on the player's choice.

Anyway, I'm all for fixing anything that takes the players out of the story, and it looks like the time thing is doing just that. Given that this is just the beginning of the development of the game it makses sense to address it or I think it will just be one of those things that never goes away. I think it speaks highly of the game that people care so much about these little details! Good job Dev! And everyone, have fun!

SDaddy666

May 5, 2017
VN game davs be like :

v0.0.1 : Make your own choices and enjoy the game!
V1.3.2 : Look at that cool new gang bang scene you guys have been asking and that I've been teasing for two versions now, YOU NEED TO MAKE THESE EXACT 78 CHOICES IN ORDER TO SEE IT OTHERWISE YOU'LL END UP MASTURBATING UNDER THE SHOWER!

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Anyway, I'm all for fixing anything that takes the players out of the story, and it looks like the time thing is doing just that. Given that this is just the beginning of the development of the game it makses sense to address it or I think it will just be one of those things that never goes away. I think it speaks highly of the game that people care so much about these little details! Good job Dev! And everyone, have fun!
Listen, we all need something to debate to get our mind off of COVID-19, President Trout, and all the craziness going on with the government and what they are (or aren't doing). Leave us to enjoy our guilty pleasures.

• Haha
Reactions: ttrreess
4.30 star(s) 271 Votes