yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
I am currently caring for my youngest niece and nephew because the mother is sick in hospital 4 hours away. I know all about illness. My mother died of COPD and I was there for her toward the end and it was brutal.

You honestly think I was seriously stating that my "Pro tip" was a cure-all? Come on man.

My point was, AVN Devs use the health excuse A LOT! So much so that we have a boy who cried wolf scenario. Anyone can see this.

Obviously sometimes it's just fact, they're ill, injured, whatever.

Other times it's a load of shit and in a long list of other shit.
I understand this very well, but personally, I would rather pretend to believe a lie than wrongly accuse a person. I don't know a shit about this dude or his situation. It's only his words against opinions on the forum. Some people lie, some people really are in a dark place, although to an outside observer it looks pretty similar. I watched the fate of Connected online (still one of the best games in my opinion), the developer couldn't cope with real life problems, went radio silent, then tried to revive the game and finally abandoned it. He wasn't trying to scam anyone, he was very open about his situation and the weak chances of continuing the game. Not every dev is a boy who cries wolf. For the end result it doesn't matter anyway, the game is abandoned until new update (real update, not a 15 min excuse) is out.

Mar 29, 2023
I am currently caring for my youngest niece and nephew because the mother is sick in hospital 4 hours away. I know all about illness. My mother died of COPD and I was there for her toward the end and it was brutal.

You honestly think I was seriously stating that my "Pro tip" was a cure-all? Come on man.

My point was, AVN Devs use the health excuse A LOT! So much so that we have a boy who cried wolf scenario. Anyone can see this.

Obviously sometimes it's just fact, they're ill, injured, whatever.

Other times it's a load of shit and in a long list of other shit.
It's not just devs from avn's, its also writers from webnovel who use "health issue's" a LOT. Also every time on webnovel if an author has "health issue's", webnovel forces them to shut up of why they can't write... seems a bit weird? Whatever...

I just jumped in this discussion, I assume the game is abandoned because dev has health issue's?

e6mill

Aug 4, 2022
My favorite IRL book author recently retired because of "health issues," yeah. I didn't really understand at first how you could get too ill to either type or dictate, but it turned out what the mad was dementia. Ungood. :(

The Senior Perv

May 4, 2022
The game is three years in development... Those guys work on it in their spare time and not full time... You have to be patient...
Yeah, yeah, really funny Damned. Now stop posting crap in your fake account and finish those wallpapers... would say update but we all know that's not gonna happen.

You can skip at least a day off from FFXVI and Starfield and get to work a bit. :BootyTime:

faramata

Mar 13, 2022
The game is three years in development... Those guys work on it in their spare time and not full time... You have to be patient...
Yeah Alorth is so "part time" he apparently has people he pays, as per his own statement... Hence why he apparently got pissed with SirD. Like Dave Chapelle said in his sketch, "Never get between a man and his money".

connor1518

Apr 6, 2022
Even if they are it doesn't explain the lack of progress reports on Patreon and such. I saw at times two or three months go by without a word. Also Alorth works on other VNs as well which don't seem to have the same problem as this one so I can't see that he is the problem here, I think it falls on SirD.

Reactions: VOYEUR

Bombmaster

May 8, 2022
Even if they are it doesn't explain the lack of progress reports on Patreon and such. I saw at times two or three months go by without a word. Also Alorth works on other VNs as well which don't seem to have the same problem as this one so I can't see that he is the problem here, I think it falls on SirD.
I can feel a little Radiant in other games you mentiond but point and click kills my will to live.

zeph19

Jul 6, 2017
I'm curious how things are working for this game.

Alorth (studio?) is responsible for the visuals, so renders & animations and Dammed is doing the coding and writing the story?

Can someone give a definitive answer for who does what for this game?

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
I'm curious how things are working for this game.

Alorth (studio?) is responsible for the visuals, so renders & animations and Dammed is doing the coding and writing the story?

Can someone give a definitive answer for who does what for this game?
Alorth did the animations...as he does for many other VN's...though seems he now also helping with statics (presumably to help with the March deadline). SirD does everything else.

Reactions: zeph19

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
View attachment 3104884

Dammed , I know you sometime drop by and I just want to tell you to stop playing the victim. Every ounce of criticism you received is 100% on you. Stop acting like we woke up one day and hate you for no good reason.

The "hate" didn't start in chapter 2 because you were late for a month. Its also not because of the constant over promise and under delivering that you do. It's because of how you never take any responsibility after every single failed promises. You never make an effort to change for the better. Instead, you make out of touch posts like above where you blame everybody but yourself.

View attachment 3104930

Please do better. Believe it or not, no one here wants to see you fail.
It's kind of hard to have faith in this game when the dev just dismisses all the criticism as people being spiteful.

Radical_Dreamer

Donor
Aug 26, 2018
Shame this game got abandoned. So much potential. I enjoyed it while it lasted.

One can only hope the dev comes back to it, but we shall see, and I shall sit here in my hopes. :p

rambo455

Apr 25, 2020
its not abandoned according to discord they just came back after some personal issues. before the end of the year there will be an update. one more update after that has been planned and if that one is not managed one of the devs will quit

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
its not abandoned according to discord they just came back after some personal issues. before the end of the year there will be an update. one more update after that has been planned and if that one is not managed one of the devs will quit
Yep, this was discussed up and down here already with a lot of "see? even tat guy wants to quit" comments.
The abandoned tag here is up because the game development met the requirements for it. That comment on discord came later. We'll see if the dev is actually able to deliver.

4.30 star(s) 271 Votes