• We will be performing maintenance to upgrade some of our forum tools. During this time, the site will remain online, but you may encounter some errors until the maintenance is complete. The report and search functions will be unavailable until the maintenance is complete.

Maintenance is expected to last up to 9 hours.

The maintenance window will start on Thursday, 2024/07/04, at: 1:00 PM GMT / 3:00 PM CEST / 9:00 AM EDT / 6:00 AM PDT / 12:00 AM AEDT

Thank you for your patience.

virtuvoid

Donor
Apr 21, 2017
So if I go to the restaurant, and they bring me bread and water, then they technically have delivered. I shouldn't be asking for the actual food, right?
Terribad analogy.
Follow the money : upfront for AVN game supporters before a delivery of any kind, but after a food/drink order is actually delivered in a bar/restaurant.

The point is the patronage system allows massive delivery shrinkage. Less deliveries. Smaller deliveries. Basically an honour, no guarantee, system. That's the "beauty" of it for Devs. This leads to moral hazard run wild.

deadh30775n

Mar 19, 2021
So if I go to the restaurant, and they bring me bread and water, then they technically have delivered. I shouldn't be asking for the actual food, right?
First of all terrible analogy.
The person decides what food to get in a restaurant whereas a vn supporter can't. He/she just have to take what the dev dishes.
You gotta give money first to get the updates from dev but it's the exact opposite case in restaurants.

Secondly for many people bread and water is basically actual food just like many supporters count wallpapers, posts and announcements as updates.
Don't put everyone in the same boat as you just because you find some above updates pointless.

faramata

Mar 13, 2022
First of all terrible analogy.
The person decides what food to get in a restaurant whereas a vn supporter can't. He/she just have to take what the dev dishes.
You gotta give money first to get the updates from dev but it's the exact opposite case in restaurants.

Secondly for many people bread and water is basically actual food just like many supporters count wallpapers, posts and announcements as updates.
Don't put everyone in the same boat as you just because you find some above updates pointless.
I see the apologists are back in force. Like I said before, If I were to make a Patreon and put out a game and then every month just say "I'm having mental issues", doesn't mean I provided an actual content update. it just means I'm stringing people along.

deadh30775n

Mar 19, 2021
I'm having mental issues", doesn't mean I provided an actual content update. it just means I'm stringing people along.
You're right, it's not an actual content update just a normal update.
And not all developers who says having mental problems are lying and milking. Some of them indeed may be going through a rough patch and they are letting their supporters know of this situation. They are getting information regarding the game and information isn't free in this world.

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
You're right, it's not an actual content update just a normal update.
And not all developers who says having mental problems are lying and milking. Some of them indeed may be going through a rough patch and they are letting their supporters know of this situation. They are getting information regarding the game and information isn't free in this world.
Dammed's mental problems are laziness and mythomania :4Head:It's not like he already abandoned a game.

And what about the patrons who are not on discord? Don't they deserve to be informed?

deadh30775n

Mar 19, 2021
And what about the patrons who are not on discord? Don't they deserve to be informed?
Well maybe sirDamned really is mentally ill or is too lazy to give some update to his loyal supporters at patreon or dumb enough to risk losing his supporters by being lazy. Or maybe the supporters are actually dumb paying for something people are already getting for free (except content updates which to be fair never happens).
Surely you don't expect everyone to abide by the rules. If people did the world would be much better than the current one.

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
When you run out of arguments you start to post memes?

Really now ... no one here is winning anything. There is no gain in being right.

Doubting the dev is ... let's say justified and so is hoping for an update.
Badmouthing however is not, unless one lost a lot of money, but so far everyone only spoke for others he doesn't even know but not for himself.

• Hey there
Reactions: faramata

deadh30775n

Mar 19, 2021
When you run out of arguments you start to post memes?
No I do it because it's fast, fun and am too tired to comment on stupid shit.
Really now ... no one here is winning anything. There is no gain in being right.
Sometimes you do something just because you want to, not to gain something from it.
Doubting the dev is ... let's say justified and so is hoping for an update.
Badmouthing however is not, unless one lost a lot of money, but so far everyone only spoke for others he doesn't even know but not for himself.
Pretty sure no one is doubting the dev anymore. They all know his true colors.
Didn't know telling facts was badmouthing nowadays. I guess it may feel like that for all the dev dickriders out there
And how does willingly pledging for a game and staying that way for a long time can be said as losing money. It's not like the supporters are forced to pledge this game.
Don't understand what you were trying to convey at the end?

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Tatsuya2022

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
No I do it because it's fast, fun and am too tired to comment on stupid shit.
Fast ... maybe.
Fun ... most definitly not.

And what it was about: I don't get people who complain just for the sake of it, even if they don't have anything to complain about, since they take this stuff for free anyway. Those who actually pay (to a small extend that includes me) ... I could understand if they complain. But the others? That's just whining.

Badmouthing: Don't mix up facts with interpretation. A fact is that the dev didn't post or release upgrades for a long time. A fact is that he said he had problems. A fact is that he was playing games. A fact is that he announced an upgrade.
Everything else is interpretations, not facts. Neither can you say for sure that he is lazy, nor can you know his "true colors" or if he was lying ot not. These are not facts, these are interpretation and speculation. Making allegations without proof and calling him or his fans names is badmouthing.

I guess it may feel like that for all the dev dickriders out there And how does willingly pledging for a game
"dickriders" is probably meant as an insult. That's definitly not a fact that you can know about.
If you didn't specifically mean gay man and straight women or bisexual members of both genders (or non binaries) who like to sit on top, then this is badmouthing for sure.

Last edited:

deadh30775n

Mar 19, 2021
Fast ... maybe.
Fun ... most definitly not.
What's with you and memes man. It's supposed to be fun. Were you featured in some negative memes in the past or something. Then I can understand why It must be not so much fun for you.
And what it was about: I don't get people who complain just for the sake of it, even if they don't have anything to complain about, since they take this stuff for free anyway. Those who actually pay (to a small extend that includes me) ... I could understand if they complain. But the others? That's just whining.
Oh god not another supporters can only complain rant. Are you telling me that you have never complained or whined about something in the numerous films, games and other stuff you got for free. Never left a review saying the film actor is shit, said to your friends a film doesn't has enough action, the adult game is a blueball simulator, said to your wife/gf that the dinner that you had in your friends house was inedible.
It's human nature to whine and complain about everything. You do it, I do it everyone does it. Accept it and move on.
Before saying anything about how you are not a hypocrite first don't hide your profile.
Badmouthing: Don't mix up facts with interpretation. A fact is that the dev didn't post or release upgrades for a long time. A fact is that he said he had problems. A fact is that he was playing games. A fact is that he announced an upgrade.
Everything else is interpretations, not facts. Neither can you say for sure that he is lazy, nor can you know his "true colors" or if he was lying ot not. These are not facts, these are interpretation and speculation. Making allegations without proof and calling him or his fans names is badmouthing.
I told in my post that he was dumb/lazy or both to not update his patreon supporters about the announcement that he did in his discord. That looks like a fact (the one he did not the one he is) to me, I checked now and he still he hasn't informed his patreons.
"dickriders" is probably meant as an insult. That's definitly not a fact that you can know about.
It isn't. There's nothing wrong in riding dicks. If it's an insult, then I'm insulting all the girls/boys who rides dicks, which I aren't. They are angels who are doing basically all the work during sex.

• Haha
Reactions: Tatsuya2022

Dogorti

Jan 23, 2021
Man, this thread is getting repetitive. Let's wait to see if the update comes out this weekend or next week. if it doesn't come out. well... let's see

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
What's with you and memes man. It's supposed to be fun.
Supposed to ... maybe. But most are not, i rather find them very annoying. There are a few good ones, but mostly it's just some person looking "funny", which the meme really isn't.

... or whined about something in the numerous films, games and other stuff you got for free.
Of course I have - a long time ago. And I am sure that I got on other people's nerves by doing so. At least we agree on the whining part :)

Reactions: Onysko and Maviarab

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Supposed to ... maybe. But I find memes to be very annoying. There are a few good ones, but mostly it's just some person looking "funny" and that's really not.

Of course I have - a long time ago. And I am sure that I got on other people's nerves by doing so. At least we agree on the whining part :)
Most memes are terribly unfunny...created by some kid who thinks he is fucking hilarious...but really isn't.

Reactions: Onysko and Nemo56
4.30 star(s) 271 Votes