virtuvoid

Donor
Apr 21, 2017
More than hinting on the Discord.
That little firecracker was going to be a part of the fun always, but it had to get to the first reasonable place for it.
OK but I still disagree that it was inserted in a "reasonable place". When the MC first encounters Norah, she punches him in the nuts. Nowhere in any of the MC's many "silent" musings is there any suggestion that he is attracted to lolis. Ever. Betting on a granny h-scene next.
The elements of realism I previously mentioned refers to any situation being at least semi-plausible (best example in Radiant being Brooke's birthing of Norah).

My main point is that Radiant is all about fan-service and NOT about story. When supporter revenue begins to droop, start throwing out new, ill-conceived kinks at players.

Reactions: aslop and DanThaMan

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
I can't remember for sure but I think content with norah was somehting that was discussed very early on. This is one of those games where if you see a female character it is almost 100% guarateed that you will have sexual content with her. And honestly they don't even need to add things like lolis for this to be successful, most people just want more content with the triplets. They just need to have a consistent release schedule and they will fine.
Either way I don't think it's a bad thing if a game is "all about fan-service". Having a story is obviously important but we all know what is the main reason why we play these games and it's not because we want to experience exceptional stories.

virtuvoid

Donor
Apr 21, 2017
I can't remember for sure but I think content with norah was somehting that was discussed very early on. This is one of those games where if you see a female character it is almost 100% guarateed that you will have sexual content with her. And honestly they don't even need to add things like lolis for this to be successful, most people just want more content with the triplets. They just need to have a consistent release schedule and they will fine.
Either way I don't think it's a bad thing if a game is "all about fan-service". Having a story is obviously important but we all know what is the main reason why we play these games and it's not because we want to experience exceptional stories.
What first attracted me to Radiant were the renders. Where there are excellent renders, often an npc can well be more attractive than a LI. Such is the case with Radiant where my fav character is Jade. The most beautiful, facially, imho, is Leah (the ex-acquaintance the MC meets at the guitar store.
I am not against fan-service, aside from the dreaded N** (being forced to play as an MC and having to jump thru many hoops to get some pussy just to watch an outsider swoop down and grab the prize is too annoying), too much can kill off games. Too many paths to properly plow.
Also, many players seem to demand a "story" that leads to a pleasant ending.
Players with extreme kinks receive their fan-service. Fine. Then another group wants a still different kink. The thing is most players not only want to see their fav kink but to avoid certain other kinks. Again far too many paths.

For myself, I see everything as based on episodes. Like some of them but not all.
But the biggest AVN failing is having the MC do a continuous stream-of-consciousness when most of what he says to himself will not impact future actions. Ugh! Throwing in a new kink with no foreshadowing (sure, tell people on Discord to give them the kink of insider trading) just tells me Radiant will always be a half-assed project.

Pity.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
What first attracted me to Radiant were the renders. Where there are excellent renders, often an npc can well be more attractive than a LI. Such is the case with Radiant where my fav character is Jade. The most beautiful, facially, imho, is Leah (the ex-acquaintance the MC meets at the guitar store.
I am not against fan-service, aside from the dreaded N** (being forced to play as an MC and having to jump thru many hoops to get some pussy just to watch an outsider swoop down and grab the prize is too annoying), too much can kill off games. Too many paths to properly plow.
Also, many players seem to demand a "story" that leads to a pleasant ending.
Players with extreme kinks receive their fan-service. Fine. Then another group wants a still different kink. The thing is most players not only want to see their fav kink but to avoid certain other kinks. Again far too many paths.

For myself, I see everything as based on episodes. Like some of them but not all.
But the biggest AVN failing is having the MC do a continuous stream-of-consciousness when most of what he says to himself will not impact future actions. Ugh! Throwing in a new kink with no foreshadowing (sure, tell people on Discord to give them the kink of insider trading) just tells me Radiant will always be a half-assed project.

Pity.
IMO - the thing that makes Radiant half-assed is the failure to provide consistent content delivery.

If, for example, we got a full chapter update every 3 months, whether some content involved Rachel or Mira or Norah or etc. - all would be fine so long as we advanced the story with the triplets.

The slow, inconsistent delivery makes any kink 'not our own' take away from the content we want to see.

Would I prefer Norah to have remained in the realm of a tertiary character who advanced the plot versus becoming some kind of LI/lewd extra - Sure.

Could Sir Damned have done a better job with preparing us for Norah type content - OC.

There could have been another woman at work - an intern type hire who is about to graduate college - and she looks like she is still in junior high (A cup, petite and all of 5' tall for example).

Giving the MC a chance to comment on how hot she looks and the choice to hit on her in the office would have helped prepare us for future Loli type content.

I just don't think we have time for proper world-building due in large part to the inconsistent and very slow delivery of content.

For now, the next important gate is a full chapter delivery by the end of March.

If Alorth can keep Sir Damned on track, maybe we can start to get more consistent storytelling along with consistent content delivery.

Cheers!! :coffee:

Reactions: Badjourasmix

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
Is this game not being created anymore?
Last update was released 3 Dec after a yearly break. The dev, SirDamned, says he is committed to working on the game. The next milestone is set by his co-dev Alorth in the end of March 2024, when the next chapter must be released or he threatens to leave the project. Since Alorth is the one doing the graphics for the game, his quit would likely be the death of this project. SirDamned said he is totally agreed with this deadline.

So, in three months, we will see how this drama resolve, which seems more interesting than the game itself. SirDamned is infamous for his public announcements of new releases and for violating his own stated deadlines due to his life circumstances, which, although they sound sad, do not change anything for the situation with the development of the game. :HideThePain:

No one can say whether this time he will be able to meet the deadline that he had agreed on, and whether Alorth will really quit the project if SirDamned will fail this time. To be clear, I am simply relaying public information, I am not their supporter and in no way do I believe that the devs owe anything to anyone here.

Now you tell me if this game is being created or not? :KEK:

EDIT: My bad, it was "only" 9month between Ch5 Alpha and Ch5 Part2.

Last edited:

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Last update was released 3 Dec after a yearly break. The dev, SirDamned, says he is committed to working on the game. The next milestone is set by his co-dev Alorth in the end of March 2024, when the next chapter must be released or he threatens to leave the project. Since Alorth is the one doing the graphics for the game, his quit would likely be the death of this project. SirDamned said he is totally agreed with this deadline.

So, in three months, we will see how this drama resolve, which seems more interesting than the game itself. SirDamned is infamous for his public announcements of new releases and for violating his own stated deadlines due to his life circumstances, which, although they sound sad, do not change anything for the situation with the development of the game. :HideThePain:

No one can say whether this time he will be able to meet the deadline that he had agreed on, and whether Alorth will really quit the project if SirDamned will fail this time. To be clear, I am simply relaying public information, I am not their supporter and in no way do I believe that the devs owe anything to anyone here.

Now you tell me if this game is being created or not? :KEK:

EDIT: My bad, it was "only" 9month between Ch5 Alpha and Ch5 Part2.
Sounds like I know which soup opera I will watch on March.

Dec 20, 2017
The True Edition Patch is the truest, officially known as "raw", version.
Just double-click the unpacked True Edition Patch. Click on "images", or webp. That's what there is.

Seems like a move by SirD fishing for new supporters to throw in a few loli-lite images.
I've seen all the images I was just confused why there's all the (in)convenient censorship, like her hair covering the nipples and that cursed rubber-duck? ( What exactly is the function of a rubber duck? )

virtuvoid

Donor
Apr 21, 2017
I've seen all the images I was just confused why there's all the (in)convenient censorship, like her hair covering the nipples and that cursed rubber-duck? ( What exactly is the function of a rubber duck? )
A rubber duck is most commonly used to float on kiddie bathwaters to keep the kiddies amused.
That annoying rubber duck in Radiant is to keep players annoyed/teased (also possibly to appease Patreon).
Loli-tease players, but await reactions from all quarters.
Notice how Alita has been morphed to appear much smaller than previously. She could have passed as a petite 18-year old but now appears a petite tweener (contarst her size next to MC when he first encounters her sleeping in his bed and then standing over her, her looking teeny-weeny, in 0.5.2). Norah has been morphed to look like a freshly minted teenybopper.
Together with Olivia suddenly losing most of her skin-and-bones look, these examples just show an extreme lack of consistent writing by SirD.

In a Chapter 1, the writer is free to pick and choose everything : characters, surroundings, etc. But by Chapter 2, the writer/Dev
has to adapt because players naturally expect a certain amount of continuity. By constantly changing this and that (the negative side of fan-service) many players get lost in the shuffle. SirD, for whatever reasons, wants to maintain the same level of writer-control he had in Chapter 1. Ain't happening, at least in a good way.

Minor detail : Alita is full of soap in shower while Norah's bath contains no soap. A good 3rd party editor or a more serious approach to self-editing by SirD is sorely needed. Probably too much to ask from a part-timer, always and forever, like SirD.

• Haha
Reactions: Tatsuya2022

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
A rubber duck is most commonly used to float on kiddie bathwaters to keep the kiddies amused.
That annoying rubber duck in Radiant is to keep players annoyed/teased (also possibly to appease Patreon).
I don't think you can get the patch on patreon so it wouldn't make sense if it was to appease them. The whole purpose of having a patch is that you can have content that is not allowed on patreon. But the yea the censorship in that scene was kind of weird.

Reactions: karumi56

Edge Sangral

Jul 25, 2020
Radiant [v0.5.2] Unofficial Android Port + Patch + JokerLeader's WT Mod

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

- 672Mb

My Android Ports have a 2nd Persistent save location. So, even if you uninstall the game, the saves will remain Intact.

Saves location: Storage/0011/Game-name

You can also join my discord server for more and support me.

You can also join 0011 discord server

If you like my works please support me.

Is this with True+Taboo edition for android?

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
Better off finding the SanchoMod mod - it's all-in-one, no need to find the separate patch if that's the version you want. Just search Sancho1969 and he'll have a link to all of his mods in his signature. This one is probably under the "Other" link instead of being one of the very limited (due to board limitations) direct links.
AFAIK Sancho doesn't do andoid ports.

Reactions: Dark Silence
4.30 star(s) 271 Votes