faramata

Mar 13, 2022
Poor Alorth.. earning all that free money from this VN whilst he waits for SirD to finish the writing. Yea.. i bet Alorth is very annoyed by that..
He's not annoyed by that, but by the drop in subscribers. Which was a thing at the time. And if you fuck around long enough, even the most patient people will quit supporting you.

virtuvoid

Donor
Apr 21, 2017
He's not annoyed by that, but by the drop in subscribers. Which was a thing at the time. And if you fuck around long enough, even the most patient people will quit supporting you.
Contrast the lack of polish conveyed by Radiant 0.5.2 and the amount of love/devotion SirD displayed gushing over FF16 on X.
My theory is SirD was trying to establish his cred with console game players to be able to set up a subscription blog as an all-knowing commentator about such games. Too bad FF16 was an expensive flop.
Only when that venture fell flat has he returned to Radiant. All other alibis are cover stories.

• Haha
Reactions: hawk784563

faramata

Mar 13, 2022
Contrast the lack of polish conveyed by Radiant 0.5.2 and the amount of love/devotion SirD displayed gushing over FF16 on X.
My theory is SirD was trying to establish his cred with console game players to be able to set up a subscription blog as an all-knowing commentator about such games. Too bad FF16 was an expensive flop.
Only when that venture fell flat has he returned to Radiant. All other alibis are cover stories.
What, and make money via Patreon for that, or what? I doubt it. Given how much money Radiant was making, while he was not even working on it, the simpler, more logical explanation was that he couldn't be bothered to do anything, because "WTH, the money is coming in anyway". Until the subscriber count started dropping, and even worse, the game got tagged abandoned, making it obvious to everyone.

Reactions: Tatsuya2022

virtuvoid

Donor
Apr 21, 2017
What, and make money via Patreon for that, or what? I doubt it. Given how much money Radiant was making, while he was not even working on it, the simpler, more logical explanation was that he couldn't be bothered to do anything, because "WTH, the money is coming in anyway". Until the subscriber count started dropping, and even worse, the game got tagged abandoned, making it obvious to everyone.
One of the problems with a site like F95Zone is that posters here can very much over-rate it's influence.
For instance, a game is not actually "Abandoned" just because F95Zone's artificial rules says so.
If more supporters avidly followed this thread, there would be a helluva fewer supporters. So, what's obvious to this thread's followers is hardly "obvious to everyone".
Since Radiant first dropped, SirD has done a half-assed job at development. As several thoughful posters in this thread have testified, that attitude (as seen by Radiant's lack of meaningful development) has led them to reduce/cancel their financial support. This is not the way a money-loving, very inteeligent (I try to give credit where it's due) person would behave. Not optimum.
Perhaps, IRL money problems have caused posters to think such concerns are all-important even to people who have tasted financial success ? Such success breeds madness too often.
But where is the explanation to SirD's highly energized commentary on X? Didn't even try to "hide his tracks". Seemed very much like a love affair. Being able (at least maybe) to make money doing something you love may be preferable to making even more money at something where your "heart isn't in it". His energy level says that's how it is.

faramata

Mar 13, 2022
One of the problems with a site like F95Zone is that posters here can very much over-rate it's influence.
For instance, a game is not actually "Abandoned" just because F95Zone's artificial rules says so.
If more supporters avidly followed this thread, there would be a helluva fewer supporters. So, what's obvious to this thread's followers is hardly "obvious to everyone".
Since Radiant first dropped, SirD has done a half-assed job at development. As several thoughful posters in this thread have testified, that attitude (as seen by Radiant's lack of meaningful development) has led them to reduce/cancel their financial support. This is not the way a money-loving, very inteeligent (I try to give credit where it's due) person would behave. Not optimum.
Perhaps, IRL money problems have caused posters to think such concerns are all-important even to people who have tasted financial success ? Such success breeds madness too often.
But where is the explanation to SirD's highly energized commentary on X? Didn't even try to "hide his tracks". Seemed very much like a love affair. Being able (at least maybe) to make money doing something you love may be preferable to making even more money at something where your "heart isn't in it". His energy level says that's how it is.
Just because someone loves money doesn't mean they're good at getting it. Or even at keeping it. Commentary on Twitter is easy. Working on the game is a lot harder. There are bugs that you have no clue how to fix, you need to think of how the scenes will look, etc Plus, I unfortunately know everything about procrastination. I am lot more energetic about posting on a forum than about doing hard work that might even bring me money. It's stupid and I know it's stupid and most people who do it know it, but people aren't always logical.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
My theory... backed by Discord post screen shots here on F95 ... is that Alorth told Sir D to get back into creating his AVN or Alorth was going to jump ship and Radiant would likely die.

This is why Sir D is back to creating/advancing Radiant's story.

I don't care what Sir D does with his spare time so long as he continues telling the Radiant story and does so in a timelier fashion.

I, for one, appreciate that Alorth got Sir D back on track which is Why we got the rest of Radiant CH 5 in 2023.

Now let's see if we can get CH 6 before the end of March, 2024 - Alorth's other deadline to Sir D.

Cheers!! :coffee:

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
My theory... backed by Discord post screen shots here on F95 ... is that Alorth told Sir D to get back into creating his AVN or Alorth was going to jump ship and Radiant would likely die.

I don't care what Sir D does with his spare time so long as he continues telling the Radiant story and does so in a timelier fashion.

I, for one, appreciate that Alorth got Sir D back on track which is Why we got the rest of Radiant CH 5 in 2023.

Now let's see if we can get CH 6 before the end of March, 2024 - Alorth's other deadline to Sir D.

Kind of wish alorth had done it little sooner but it's better late than never.
I think that he will not miss the march deadline but I don't know if he is able to keep a consistent release schedule after that.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
Kind of wish alorth had done it little sooner but it's better late than never.
I think that he will not miss the march deadline but I don't know if he is able to keep a consistent release schedule after that.
I'm hoping that, once the March deadline is met, Alorth has a discussion with his business partner - Sir D - and they agree to a more aggressive development schedule (if they can do CH 6 in 3 months, why not 1 chapter/3 months going forward, committing to consistent delivery).

It will take time to rebuild trust and we all need someone to give us some prodding to get a move on at times in our lives - I know I certainly have.

Let's see about CH 6 by March and then future commitments after CH 6.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
I think that if they are able to release one chapter every 4 months that would be enough. That is what most games take to release an update.

Tatsuya2022

Apr 5, 2023

AFTER the update on mars, if there is even EVEN A decent update (800 renders or more) Because that what he have DUE , to his lazy work on 2023.

Oh no how is that possible , are we forgetting debts? well anyways be a pitiful update of 500 renders or a decent update of 1000 renders. do you know what ? seeing how his behavior has ben last 3 years? the next update after mars will be on 2025.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
AFTER the update on mars, if there is even EVEN A decent update (800 renders or more) Because that what he have DUE , to his lazy work on 2023.

Oh no how is that possible , are we forgetting debts? well anyways be a pitiful update of 500 renders or a decent update of 1000 renders. do you know what ? seeing how his behavior has ben last 3 years? the next update after mars will be on 2025.
Is he collabing with Elon Musk or something? Didn't know he was making an update on mars. That is kind of cool. All joking aside, we don't know how big the update will be. We will just have to wait and see. If it's around the same size as the full 0.5 it's not too bad for a 4 month update.

Last edited:
  • Yay, new update!

Aelth

Jun 17, 2017
Does anyone have an alternative download for ghosts Android version? Mixdrop refuses to actually finish a download.

Dec 30, 2023
I regret playing this now, not because I hated it, but because I love it so much that I couldn't bear waiting for the next chapters. I made up my mind to never play this game again until its completion. While the story could use a tiny bit more polishing since I feel that there are moments that the story feels too sudden, too fast and a bit weird(I'm looking at you Natalie), everything else feels amazing. Renders, animations, environment, and overall feel to it is perfect for me. Totally would recommend this.

Well, I'll guess I'll see y'all in a couple of years eh? Stay Radiant (pun intended)

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
I regret playing this now, not because I hated it, but because I love it so much that I couldn't bear waiting for the next chapters. I made up my mind to never play this game again until its completion. While the story could use a tiny bit more polishing since I feel that there are moments that the story feels too sudden, too fast and a bit weird(I'm looking at you Natalie), everything else feels amazing. Renders, animations, environment, and overall feel to it is perfect for me. Totally would recommend this.

Well, I'll guess I'll see y'all in a couple of years eh? Stay Radiant (pun intended)
Well if you want to wait for the full game you better be prepared to wait at the very least, 5 years.

• Yay, new update!

Aelth

Jun 17, 2017
Does anyone have an alternative download for ghosts Android version? Mixdrop refuses to actually finish a download.
Welp, got it downloaded but it isn't patched... The mod is included but he still calls them his wards.

4.30 star(s) 271 Votes