Nessmil

Jan 14, 2020
Radiant Dev post 04/05/2024:
• Radiant is a game that will be roughly 23 total chapters in length.

Something I've never been a fan of is when harem games just gloss over the fact that people have feelings. I want the harem to feel... real... and earned.

And the answer to this is a resounding no. I've never been a fan of slow burn games myself, and I don't plan to make players wait that long for sexual content with the main cast, which should be obvious after Chapter 6

I wanted the game to be an immersive experience and I wanted players to avoid manipulating their stats/trying to closely adhere to a single path.

• Do not worry: the game will never punish you for having said "dark" points.

• The game checks to see which stats players have the most points in: prioritizing the highest two out of three.
Never knew this existed until two days ago so it's like I never had to deal with the ~15 month long hiatus. Now I'm learning this dude plans to get to chapter 10 within 2024? Ignorantbros, we eati-wait, he's planning 23 total chapters for this thing? Is the complete game going to be v2.3? Bruh, that's not how numbers work, and even if it were, come on now. Come on now, buddy. Just...come on. We're all grown adults here. You're really gonna do 17 more chapters? And Santa Claus is real...

Here's a short review, I guess. So far, yea, it feels like he's delivered on how trying to pursue multiple women at the same time has an effect on the world, as well as one can for a harem game. The protagonist is almost constantly having to manage dates and meet-ups and characters feel negative emotions from his philandering ways that they have to deal with in some fashion. There definitely are too many side characters in too short a span of time.

Slow burn is usually not worth it in the world of adult visual novels, so this sounds great, but does he not see the irony or...? And as a chronic optimizer, it's nice that he's trying to de-emphasize being "optimal" but that usually just means more work for the writer and I don't know, man, catching up on this thread, it seems like more work is the last thing this guy needs or wants.

The game not punishing the player for having "dark" points isn't quite true because for better or worse, these three "routes" have to share a single game and as shown by the writer's record - there's not a whole damn lot of "game" to go around, lmao. It probably really doesn't help that the writer has to go full schizo mode and bounce from writing a pure scene one day and a dark scene the next and, I don't know - how popular are the dark scenes, really? Also, does this mean it's actually possible to do a Pure/Dark route? That'd be some real schizo shit, lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Tatsuya2022

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
Is the complete game going to be v2.3? Bruh, that's not how numbers work
Yes it doesn't work like that, it would be 0.23.x

Other than that, I don't think the game will see its completion. With 17 chapters left, at 4 months per update (best estimate), it would take 5 years and a half. Knowing Dammed's work consistency...

Nessmil

Jan 14, 2020
it would be 0.23.x
Desecrating the sanctity of decimal numbers is sick and twisted. And I think it can be completed if the dude just really limits the scope. In theory, the game could be ended in the very next patch - the protagonist decides to live happily ever after with his harem of tenants with his fuck you money and then just tells everyone else he's not interested and they could each get a short, written epilogue about how he uses his fuck you money and connections to make them happy. But 23 total chapters? And imagine a new side character gets introduced in each one, lmao. Fuck this dude, man, he knows what he's doing.

jhonatanw

Engaged Member
Jun 21, 2022
StatusMonitorUpd1.png
Completion Status: Chapter 7
29 de março

• 1 Filled Heart = 1 Completed Scene.
• Development Time for Each Scene May Vary.
• Some Chapters Will Include Less Than 26 Scenes.
• Hearts With Black 'X' Symbols are not Required for Completion.

Updated Sun, Apr 7

NOTE: If the image isn't showing up try refreshing the page.

javier_himura

Jun 23, 2017
Desecrating the sanctity of decimal numbers is sick and twisted.
In software 1.0, it means a game is ready for release, so it must be complete. 1.0 doesn't mean an incomplete game with 10 minor patches. Anyway, chapter 23 wouldn't be 0.23.X, it should be 1.0.X.But the chapter 22 would be 0.22.X because the big difference between both is that the first is a complete release and the second an incomplete release.

That is assuming the game finally ends with 23 chapters, but even if there are less chapters, the final version should be 1.0.X. If the game finally has only 15 chapters, he should continue releasing 0.7.X, 0.8X.... 0.14.X and then 1.0.X.

And in case the dev finish the game in the next patch the next one will be 1.0.X too, because 1.0 means complete, not patch 10.

Last edited:

Gojii

Oct 29, 2019
>There will be 23 chapters
>Updates every 4 months
>Chapter 6 just out now...

This game will take almost six MORE years to finish.... :KEK:

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
...i think i broke something. the game keeps using "wards" or "charges" despite the truestory patch. probably shouldnt have put the walkthrough hack on top of it, but i'd like to know what my decisions change since I too am a victim of seeing seemingly harmless game responses that ended in a massacre.

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
...i think i broke something. the game keeps using "wards" or "charges" despite the truestory patch. probably shouldnt have put the walkthrough hack on top of it, but i'd like to know what my decisions change since I too am a victim of seeing seemingly harmless game responses that ended in a massacre.
The WT mod has nothing to do with the incest patch. You probably didn't install it correctly.

Nessmil

Jan 14, 2020
In software 1.0, it means a game is ready for release, so it must be complete. 1.0 doesn't mean an incomplete game with 10 minor patches. Anyway, chapter 23 wouldn't be 0.23.X, it should be 1.0.X.But the chapter 22 would be 0.22.X because the big difference between both is that the first is a complete release and the second an incomplete release.

That is assuming the game finally ends with 23 chapters, but even if there are less chapters, the final version should be 1.0.X. If the game finally has only 15 chapters, he should continue releasing 0.7.X, 0.8X.... 0.14.X and then 1.0.X.

And in case the dev finish the game in the next patch the next one will be 1.0.X too, because 1.0 means complete, not patch 10.
I daresay you have thoroughly convinced me to never partake of this debauchery known as "versioning". I like my numbers real and decimal, thank you very much.

javier_himura

Jun 23, 2017
I daresay you have thoroughly convinced me to never partake of this debauchery known as "versioning". I like my numbers real and decimal, thank you very much.
If you want a little more ensight about this just remember that in patch versioning usually is in the format X.Y.Z in wich X means major version, Y minor version and Z patch version.

A classic example would be the game World of Warcraft. This game has initially a Beta with multiple incomplete minor versions until reaching patch 0.12. After that the game was released to players with patch 1.1 (1.0 was available on CD but some changes were improved before the final release) and then the game was expanded with minor patches until patch 1.12
After that the first expansion of the game was released on patch 2.0 and since then every new expansion changes the major version and minor update patches in between increasing the minor or patch version (depending on the size) with the game currently on patch 10.2.6 more than 20 years later becuse the game has received 9 expansions, althought since the first expansion none has received more than 4 or 5 minor patches before a new expansion is released.

Reactions: Gojii

Deleted member 6168082

Jun 5, 2023
if I become a father when the time arrives, will I still wanna play this masterpiece???:eek::eek:
Masterpiece? lol, ok.

People really need to know what a true "masterpiece" is, instead of throwing that word around just for the things they like. And the world doesn't need anymore kids/people. Keep overflowing this crappy planet with people, see what happens.

MaceW

Mar 8, 2018
Oh it gets worse. The major.minor.patch scheme is only the most commonly used one, there's all kinds of other systems and there are no universal rules that has to be adhered to, only what the developer feels is suitable. Minecraft, for instance, went from version 1.8 during beta back down to 1.0 during full release. Sometimes there's mixing of letters too, sometimes it makes sense and sometimes it only makes sense to the dev. Versioning is the closest we'll ever get to Chaotic Lawful

Reactions: faramata

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
Masterpiece? lol, ok.

People really need to know what a true "masterpiece" is, instead of throwing that word around just for the things they like. And the world doesn't need anymore kids/people. Keep overflowing this crappy planet with people, see what happens.
This is also what I believe. What the world needs right now is clean heavy industry (it is possible) and about 1.5 billion less people.

4.30 star(s) 271 Votes