• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
But they're not really choices though, are they? Cause if I had just said after the prompt "Fuck her": Nah, I'm good. It'd be Game Over. That's not even a minor choice. That's no choice at all.

Edit: It's not even a critisism, just something that struck me as funny. And believe me I had a lot of fun just inserting random quotes into that scene where you're prompted to say something dirty.
Yes there is and one that has a big point to it is if you have MC stare at Maddison breast or not.
Maddison will remember that and it will either help or hurt MC's chance with her.
Also the one where you can side with Maddison or side with the other daughter when there fighting.
This is just 2 that I remember off the top of my head.

Normally I would play this type of VN 3-6 times before the next release but this one with how sad it is I have not been able to play again, yet.

KinkierThanThou

Apr 19, 2020
Yes there is and one that has a big point to it is if you have MC stare at Maddison breast or not.
Maddison will remember that and it will either help or hurt MC's chance with her.
Also the one where you can side with Maddison or side with the other daughter when there fighting.
This is just 2 that I remember off the top of my head.

Normally I would play this type of VN 3-6 times before the next release but this one with how sad it is I have not been able to play again, yet.
But that to me counts as after the intro.

Edit: I count all the stuff leading up to the accident as intro, everything after as proper story, so for me by the time the daughters are introduced we're already into the story.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Any information about the realease date of next update ?
I heard some unconfirmed estimates around 2 months since original release.. so take it easy and relax, might take a while.
Honestly, 2 months per update sounds totally reasonable to me. Quality takes time.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: HoboCop86 and Paapi

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
But that to me counts as after the intro.

Edit: I count all the stuff leading up to the accident as intro, everything after as proper story, so for me by the time the daughters are introduced we're already into the story.
Yes the intro has nothing to do with the main part of the game it is only setting up for the main game and you only have very minor choices for some scenes that have not impact on the main story.

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
But they're not really choices though, are they? Cause if I had just said after the prompt "Fuck her": Nah, I'm good. It'd be Game Over. That's not even a minor choice. That's no choice at all.

Edit: It's not even a critisism, just something that struck me as funny. And believe me I had a lot of fun just inserting random quotes into that scene where you're prompted to say something dirty.
Well, I kinda like these choices when they pop up because I look at it like it's like the game is waiting until I'm ready to watch. Color me weird if you want.

ReikoKimyo

Mar 18, 2019

I normally agree with you. I loathe the one box "choice/action" as it is unnecessary. Though in this game it really limited it, as some have them every few seconds. The choice about what to call her, might not have any effect in the game, but does help the player mold their experience or add immersion. I do with I had saw your post before playing, because "Nobody puts Baby in the corner" would have been a great option.

Heffaklump

Donor
Dec 2, 2017
I recently lost my own mother to a heat attack so this game hits different.
Realy hope the devs don't get overwhelmed by the massive support on Patreon and try to milk this forever like some others have.

Reactions: TundraLupus

SrRK

Donor
Game Developer
Jun 18, 2018
Can I just say say a couple of things. I know that my comments in this thread so far have been limited to smart-aleck remarks and I am probably not going to comment with any substance until the game is at least a couple of updates old.

I just think that there were a lot of choices in the intro that weren't really choices.

View attachment 645049

Like, duh. Im not about to stop now.

Or:

View attachment 645039

You can literally put anything in there. Like "Heeeeere's Johnny!" or "Nobody puts Baby in the corner". Or "Hey, you're finally awake. You were trying to cross the border, weren't you?". In fact you could probably make an entire game out of it, just players inserting the most asinine quotes/comments into THAT scene. And it doesn't even matter, it's not like her reaction is gonna change in any significant way.

Just saying that forcing players to click on a choice that isn't even a choice kinda breaks story immersion, is all.
Wait. Did you really think that having players click a button to queue the animation was meant to be some sort of "choice?" The thing about choices is there's more than one option... aka players are presented with some kind of choice. This wasn't the case or there would've been more than one option... so common sense told the vast majority of players that this was used to transition into the sex animation rather than presented as some sort of "difficult decision that doesn't actually require a decision to be made."

Like duh, that's why it was coded that way. 99.9% of players were able to grasp that. You don't have to like it, but it seems like a trivial complaint based on a fundamental lack of understanding of game design.

If clicking a button is something that genuinely made you feel the need to create a write-up where you state the obvious and act like it wasn't obvious, you're going to hate this game. But there's good news here: I'm not creating it for the 0.01% of individuals who actively seek out benign things to moan about.

"I just think there were a lot of choices in the intro that weren't really choices."

Um... that is correct. It's almost like that was the entire point. There were 0 choices in the intro. Said intro took place before the present day which the story is set in. Having choices would be nonsensical because they are past events that have already happened. This isn't Back to the Future. But anyway, thanks for pointing out what literally all of us were already well aware of.

"You can literally put anything in there."

Of course you can write whatever you want there. That's the entire point. So your complaint is that you can "just write anything?" Here's a crazy idea: don't.

Using this logic: you can also name your character "Anal Flame" in 99.9% of games on this site... but why would you want to? They don't exactly have a "code" for "words directly related to sex," so that's a caveat of having this option.

You can simply write something relative to the scene or not write anything at all. It's there for people who wish to input words they desire to input... not for those who desire to input nothing. So if you dislike having this option because "i can put anything," choose one of the other options and don't write anything at all is the best solution I can give you. You could literally write "My name is Jeff" if you wanted... but then you're just going out of your way to break your own immersion and I take no pity on those who do this, lol. As an avid fan/player of many of these games... I can't actually imagine complaining about having options or the ability to input flavor text... and I know for a fact that there's a ton of players who like having this-- so i won't be changing it.

"And it doesn't even matter, it's not like her reaction is gonna change in any significant way."

False. It doesn't matter to you -- that doesn't mean it doesn't matter to anyone. Most players like having the option to input custom/flavor text during sex scenes... and I gave non-custom choices for those who do not. And of course she's going to respond the same way. Haven't quite figured out how to implement AI chat into Ren'Py just yet. Will let ya know when I do. In the meantime, that's not the point at all. By your same logic, choosing any of the other options don't matter either because she's just going to respond with a set phrase. Because... y'know... it's a video game with a set script.

Thanks for the funny post though. :p Hope you're having a great night and staying safe during the pandemic.

Last edited:

KinkierThanThou

Apr 19, 2020
Dammed

apologies that you felt the need to write such a wordy reply, obviously I struck a nerve in a way I didn't intend to. It was meant less as a criticism and more as an observation of a phenomenon that I noticed over multiple games. I often play games like this one-handed and sometimes -in a particularly hot scene- no-handed, which made the prompts even more noticable.

I'm obviously not a programmer so if you say that an onscreen prompt is needed in the coding to advance the scene I will believe that.

As for my other point, that was more intended as a bit of fun that only occured to me on my 3rd playthrough. 1st time I just clicked the top option, 2nd time I picked something suitably asinine yet dirty like "Who's your daddy now, bitch?". 3rd time I just had a lot of fun thinking up stupid shit and quotes that could either be weirdly fitting in the context or the complete opposite. Not that I necesarilly typed them all out, just a few. Most I just came up with in my head and revelled in the idea to say something weird, only to be replied with "Oooh, yeah. Deeper. Fuck me harder" or words to that effect.
-It puts the lotion on the skin, or else it gets the hose again.
-Aren't you a little short for a Stormtrooper?
-Rommel, you magnificent bastard! I've read your book.
-Man, these pretzels suck.
-I knew it! I'm surrounded by assholes!
"Oooh baby, I love it when you talk dirty like that..."

Obviously the AI in these types of games is not advanced enough to take all of the players' crazy shit into account. It was just my weird sense of humour. Although I was reminded of one game where you are prompted by your partner to make her call you something during sex. If you put in brother/master/sweetcheeks/fuckboy or whatever, she'd reply with "[term]? Haha, kinky, I like that". But if you put in Daddy, she would come back with "Haha, Daddy? Really? Could you be anymore unoriginal?" which I thought was a nice touch. It also didn't break immersion for me because her reaction was in line with her character.

I tend to make random observations and nitpick the strangest little things, especially when it's late at night and I've had a few beers. And I also love to argue with other players as long as it's all in good fun. Repeat, all in good fun.

I love your game so far, I really do, so next time you are struck by my randomness, feel free to just shake your head and move on.

Last edited:

Ali ibn Hassan

Engaged Member
Dec 19, 2019
I tend to make random observations and nitpick the strangest little things, especially when it's late at night and I've had a few beers. And I also love to argue with other players as long as it's all in good fun. Repeat, all in good fun.

I love your game so far, I really do, so next time you are struck by my randomness, feel free to just shake your head and move on.
Same same but not so different

Reactions: KinkierThanThou

Real Kreten

Apr 10, 2020
Using this logic: you can also name your character "Anal Flame" in 99.9% of games on this site... but why would you want to?
I named my MC Ugly Head once, and then I laughed and laughed when every character he met called him an Ugly Head. Of course, it's not that witty fun and it won't last long, but what?

The game so far looks promising and the girls are beautiful. It is too early to evaluate the story.

4.30 star(s) 270 Votes