Joolon654654

Feb 19, 2022
It's already in the milker treatment...
The "problem" is that when it gets updates, those are generally good. The last one was really good.
Well at least we have that. Good updates are always welcome. I Wish that the game could have been updated quicker according to what I know there should be at least 23 chapters on a whole to the game "and we are only at chapter 6" so if that the case there are years ahead for the game completions. But who knows maby they will start releasing updates quicker .

• Haha
Reactions: chuck69

Holyx9

Sep 2, 2023
I see , ty for answering. So there is high potential this game going to get abandoned eventually or will get the "Milker" treatment , like so many has beforehand. Sad cuse it seem's to have good potential and premise.
I don't think Radiant will be abandoned since the subs for Patreon and Subscribestar equal to over 6500$ per month. Divide that by two and the both of them get around 3250$ per month. That a lot of money for essentially doing a job and your expected to produce an update 2x per year. The reason why people feel this game is being milked is that the developers mostly D can't hit deadlines that he himself set. He also frequently makes statements that is easily contradicted by his action a little while later.

Reactions: Joolon654654

Joolon654654

Feb 19, 2022
I
don't think Radiant will be abandoned since the subs for Patreon and Subscribestar equal to over 6500$ per month. Divide that by two and the both of them get around 3250$ per month. That a lot of money for essentially doing a job and your expected to produce an update 2x per year. The reason why people feel this game is being milked is that the developers mostly D can't hit deadlines that he himself set. He also frequently makes statements that is easily contradicted by his action a little while later.
You are right , this what I tried to argue, but I am new to this game , never heard of it before 2 weeks ago. So I didn't know about the hikups in the work flow , but I am positive he has a good enough reason to postpone the updates sometimes, but again I am new and don't know the history of the development process. So maby I will judge differently in the future.

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
I don't think Radiant will be abandoned since the subs for Patreon and Subscribestar equal to over 6500$ per month. Divide that by two and the both of them get around 3250$ per month. That a lot of money for essentially doing a job and your expected to produce an update 2x per year. The reason why people feel this game is being milked is that the developers mostly D can't hit deadlines that he himself set. He also frequently makes statements that is easily contradicted by his action a little while later.
with taxes, patreon cut etc it's not that much money in the end

Reactions: wookie ookie

Joolon654654

Feb 19, 2022
there is not a flat rate, it depends on a few things, but creators are not getting even close on what you'd expect... make of this what you will
View attachment 3999047
That's steep, didn't know patreon or subscribers star take that kind of tax cut from the developers, so I guess in the long run it's alot of work with not alot of earning fee in the end , at least if you are not the developer of "Summer time saga"

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020

Joolon654654

Feb 19, 2022

Just for your information, Dammed other game's update was due any day... 3 years ago and still nothing.

For an american it's not that much, but enough to live decently imo (if you don't live in a big city like New York). Alorth also has other incomes.
It's all very interesting information . I hope as subscriber I will not get burned just like what happened with the game "Midlife crisis" I was a long time supporter and then bam , Gone with the wind. False promises much :-(

Mak5025

May 21, 2024
It's understandable if game updates slide. It's a living thing that grows under developers' hands and it'd need tweaking and partial rework along the way - all good.
What is difficult to understand with this dev are the missing status updates. Especially if you announce them, only to treat your Patreons on the promised date to a deafening silence. Nothing creates mistrust and suspicion like that.

On the whole, I prefer a high quality update that's slightly late to a half-baked one delivered on time. But the dev needs to put his cards on the table. If the schedule goes pear-shaped, be open and honest about it - do not go to ground and leave people guessing.

Joolon654654

Feb 19, 2022
It's understandable if game updates slide. It's a living thing that grows under developers' hands and it'd need tweaking and partial rework along the way - all good.
What is difficult to understand with this dev are the missing status updates. Especially if you announce them, only to treat your Patreons on the promised date to a deafening silence. Nothing creates mistrust and suspicion like that.

On the whole, I prefer a high quality update that's slightly late to a half-baked one delivered on time. But the dev needs to put his cards on the table. If the schedule goes pear-shaped, be open and honest about it - do not go to ground and leave people guessing.
The developer of radient actually communicate quite often on the discord channel in private and in the chat channels , so for that I thankfull other developers whom I had supported in the past didn't even do that , but charged a hafty sum for their product. All of whom today their games are abandoned tag.

Reactions: Mak5025

Joolon654654

Feb 19, 2022
So I tend to trust (maby I will be disappointed) but you can never know for sure that for game that started in 04/2020 , the quality of the game improves and it's offer alot of types of fetish and content that not alot of developers try to anymore.

Jan 27, 2018
The progress tracker was updated but it barely moved if i'm not misremembering, i'm sure the previous one was posted somewhere in the thread if anyone wants to check
1725449899182.png
1725449920657.png

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Melkai

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
The progress tracker was updated but it barely moved if i'm not misremembering, i'm sure the previous one was posted somewhere in the thread if anyone wants to check
View attachment 3999487
View attachment 3999489
He said he was 70% done. I don't want to go up to bat for him when he's this far behind, but something similar happened last update too. The progress tracker was at like 70%ish when real progress was closer to 90% because he had a lot of work done for scenes that weren't complete, so the progress tracker was under representing finished work.
I'm somewhat skeptical, but hopefully that's what happened here.

Rehwyn

Apr 10, 2024
there is not a flat rate, it depends on a few things, but creators are not getting even close on what you'd expect... make of this what you will
View attachment 3999047
Side note: the big takeaway here is to sign up using a web browser rather than iOS store for creators you want to support. Apple taking a 30% cut just for using their app store.

Rehwyn

Apr 10, 2024
He said he was 70% done. I don't want to go up to bat for him when he's this far behind, but something similar happened last update too. The progress tracker was at like 70%ish when real progress was closer to 90% because he had a lot of work done for scenes that weren't complete, so the progress tracker was under representing finished work.
I'm somewhat skeptical, but hopefully that's what happened here.
Honestly, I'd rather someone low-ball their progress percentage than oversell it, so hopefully this is the case. Not trying to defend it either, but I can see how a dev might hesitate to mark a scene as "done" even if he has like 5 of them 80% done.

That progress tracker is disheartening.
Hopefully there's a text update with more details soon.

Rehwyn

Apr 10, 2024
Speaking of updates, this little bit was tucked in the text of a bonus wallpaper post they put up last night :

Speaking of that: over the course of the next couple of days, you guys will notice numerous updates being made to the Progress Tracker. I will also be posting an updated deadline for Chapter 7 shortly along with another public progress report (with new previews)!
So sounds like the progress tracker update today is part of several small updates he plans over the next few days, I assume as they put the finishing touches on multiple scenes.

4.30 star(s) 279 Votes