Shadowen

Oct 19, 2018
Can you point me somewhere where the dev said its considered completed?
Based on what I can find - the Dev did not finish the game, and that there's still work that they feel like could be done... however had to stop due to financial reasons.

They released the game as is, with the hope to continue development from money made - they didn't make enough for this, thus had to stop. They also stated they'll only be going back if/when they finish their other projects and are in a financial position to do so.

Boxman: "Development is currently suspended while I figure out how to get financially sustainable. It isn't finished, but I would love to come back to it one day. "
From -

Boxman: "Okay, that's done, now about the future. I don't think I can reasonably continue development on Ranbu Rumble until AT LEAST my backlog of owed work is finished. That said, I can maybe experiment with other projects on the side, maybe a 3D thing."
From this Twitter thread:

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Mar 2, 2019
Based on what I can find - the Dev did not finish the game, and that there's still work that they feel like could be done... however had to stop due to financial reasons.

They released the game as is, with the hope to continue development from money made - they didn't make enough for this, thus had to stop. They also stated they'll only be going back if/when they finish their other projects and are in a financial position to do so.

Boxman: "Development is currently suspended while I figure out how to get financially sustainable. It isn't finished, but I would love to come back to it one day. "
From -

Boxman: "Okay, that's done, now about the future. I don't think I can reasonably continue development on Ranbu Rumble until AT LEAST my backlog of owed work is finished. That said, I can maybe experiment with other projects on the side, maybe a 3D thing."
From this Twitter thread:
K then the Abandoned tag fits better than the Completed one.

Oct 12, 2018
How do I climb the wall after the monk fight?
So, I likely missed a tutorial that explained it, or it simply didn't exist, BUT when you do a jumping down light attack (j.down+j) you can input a super jump follow up to help you get much higher. Should help you clear that wall, just kind of stumbled upon it while messing around out of pure dumb luck myself though.

Adlai

Oct 24, 2019
Honestly, I find the controls too awkward to get into.

Also, the tutorial on Flame jumping is given after the first time you have to use it.

CobwebbedCrudmuffin

Aug 22, 2020
Oh joy, a game has put the worst part of fighting games (obscure, complicated, and poorly-explained inputs that have to be put in precisely to do what you want) as the jump schema of a platformer, which is entirely optional until it very suddenly isn't.

Past the monks, I found it easier to restart the room to have another go at the stupid lantern crossing than to flail my way back up there to have another go at it.

Credit where it's due, it looks pretty decent, but jeez is it painful to move.

Last edited:

NikeWilly

Nov 13, 2018
There are debug cheats in the readme. Anyone knows how to get the second and fourth scene in the gallery?

urgashisscawy

Oct 5, 2021
It's very annoying, 90% of the games on this forum are selected shit, and those that you like are made crookedly, in this game the jumping system is so difficult that you just can't stand it, let those idiots who came up with such shit go to hell.
just dont? dont insult indie game devs , the dev is mostly a hentai artist and this is his first proper game project, this is not refined nor a completed project, so dont be an idiot and enjoy the hentai.

Reactions: Trocadero123

Gnat0

May 1, 2020
The H is actually the worst part of this game (simply from being kinda bland), the gameplay is rad as hell.