• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

kratoscar2008

Sep 28, 2018
This is fixed in the version I uploaded later.
Hey I havent tried it so would you like to comment on this? Sounds like a rather serious shift in tone and it worrries me as of the direction of the game.
It's kind of funny(?) that a romance / harem game with "humor" I downloaded and the first thing I see after extracting it is a pic called RAPEKILL with the poor victim having her thoat cut during violation. Yeah no. Tag it properly at least.

Fearnought

Apr 21, 2018
Hey I havent tried it so would you like to comment on this? Sounds like a rather serious shift in tone and it worrries me as of the direction of the game.
It's totally avoidable, you are asked if you will allow it to happen or not, so unless it's your thing you will not encounter anything like that. Or to say simple evil monsters are actually evil here.

kratoscar2008

Sep 28, 2018
It's totally avoidable, you are asked if you will allow it to happen or not, so unless it's your thing you will not encounter anything like that. Or to say simple evil monsters are actually evil here.
Well I rather no such scenes at all unless its done by the MC.
Again it totally goes against the tone the game had.
Its usually a gateway for the game to go down a path that id rather not partake in.

Fearnought

Apr 21, 2018
Its usually a gateway for the game to go down a path that id rather not partake in.
Actually it doesn't, from what I could glimpse from the plot there are some serious staff planned. MC can do some character killing too btw. I myself didn't kill or let anyone die and from my point of view current version of the game went like beautiful story of young adventurer with some foreshadowing. And seriously, go and try it. After all the one who wrote about killrape file didn't play the game either.

Bunis

Game Developer
Apr 26, 2018
In the end it comes down to how the player chooses his/her path. As Fearnought said the rape kill scene is totally avoidable. I added it as a way to punish the player for making a wrong descision and to make the choices given to the player to have more weight to it. There will be some dark stuff mixed in the future(which is totally avoidable btw). The things is, I wanted to make the game fun, but aslo a bit realistic and mature at the same time. Again, Fearnought said it perfectly, "evil monsters are actually evil here". But if that's not your cup of tea I'm totally OK with it.

kratoscar2008

Sep 28, 2018
Actually it doesn't, from what I could glimpse from the plot there are some serious staff planned. MC can do some character killing too btw. I myself didn't kill or let anyone die and from my point of view current version of the game went like beautiful story of young adventurer with some foreshadowing. And seriously, go and try it. After all the one who wrote about killrape file didn't play the game either.
In the end it comes down to how the player chooses his/her path. As Fearnought said the rape kill scene is totally avoidable. I added it as a way to punish the player for making a wrong descision and to make the choices given to the player to have more weight to it. There will be some dark stuff mixed in the future(which is totally avoidable btw). The things is, I wanted to make the game fun, but aslo a bit realistic and mature at the same time. Again, Fearnought said it perfectly, "evil monsters are actually evil here". But if that's not your cup of tea I'm totally OK with it.
Thats a shame that you fell for the optional meme stuff that stunts growth but well thats your project and your right to run it to the ground.
Good luck I guess.

Reactions: Bunis

Bunis

Game Developer
Apr 26, 2018
The Randel tales discord server is up! Please join the community if you want to receive regular updates, participate in polls, or to just chill out.

Discord link

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
Bunis In the future when you add content (especially content like rape) you can use the report tool on the OP and request new tags get added. Also look like you might need a NTR tag as well, I would play and tell you but the dialogue gets hung up during the first convo with Scarlett on "Oh sorry im.." So see if it fits our sites definition. But yeah no, imps raping before our MC even gets any is not how I, or even most harem fans, would want a harem game to go. Even if avoidable it takes resources away from other scenes, on a scene that's exactly opposite of what harem fans would enjoy. You could have done the exact same thing but done it without CG and boom, no issue. Think this a drop for me, wish you the best with your game.

Last edited:

Trickstar

Jun 2, 2018
Bunis In the future when you add content (especially content like rape) you can use the report tool on the OP and request new tags get added. Also look like you might need a NTR tag as well, I would play and tell you but the dialogue gets hung up during the first convo with Scarlett on "Oh sorry im.." So see if it fits our sites definition. But yeah no, imps raping before our MC even gets any is not how I, or even most harem fans, would want a harem game to go. Even if avoidable it takes resources away from other scenes, on a scene that's exactly opposite of what harem fans would enjoy. You could have done the exact same thing but done it without CG and boom, no issue. Think this a drop for me, wish you the best with your game.
1597181659830.png
Says it right there though. It's an optional event and sounds pretty petty to drop a game over tbh as there is nothing wrong with trying to get multiple fetishes in there especially when the arguement is it takes away from other scenes. That's like saying just because I don't like something it shouldn't be there. This game is pretty decent and honestly doesn't portray itself to be all vanilla either based on the events so far. Think your being a little unfair here tbh.

BayJay47

Jun 9, 2018
This whole debate is stupid. It's clearly labeled. If you don't like it don't check it out. Hell, I don't like it, but I also like having a game that is expansive enough to where I need to worry about the consequences of my actions (for better and worse).

longjohngold

Jan 22, 2020
This was great, I really liked the art style and found it very charming in places, the world and story is interesting, I'll definitely want to play more of this in the future when it's longer.

A few things though:

I didn't like how little there was to do in the evenings.
Even if the academy has cleared out then let me go train on the dummies or something, I though maybe when I unlocked the guild quarters or had the lady to live with it might then give me something to do, but 99% of the time you'd just need to "pass time". This is mainly an issue for me because of the day counter, which makes me feel like there's time limits to things (even if there isn't presently) and I need to be using my time efficiently, which I'm then kinda gated out of... though I think I raised my stats much higher than was needed for things, haha.

Make the text the player writes be in black.
So when you go to put in your name, games tend to either do it so you type it in when an NPC asks you for it, or then go to the next page after that where the game'll then repeat something like "now type your name" to double down on things ... so when I got to the bit where it asked me for my name and I didn't see a flashing cursor (as it's an almost invisible light blue) I hit space, nothing happened, hit it again, thinking that's weird ... hit some keys randomly and see the faintest impression of some writing and am then like oooh, I get it, deleted it and put in my name - no biggie.
Buuuuut, when you come to reading the monster book, I wasn't expecting to do some typing like I was with the name thing ... so I presumed it had bugged out, I'm wondering if it's some overly long animation so I'm trying to use ctrl to skip through it and things ... took me a while to figure out it wanted me to type in a monster's name... and I think all that could be solved by having typing be in a bolder/darker colour so you see the thing blinking away.
Also with that book I'm not sure how I feel about the typing, it probably needs to be adjusted for plurals as sometimes it seemed to require it other times required it wasn't, and when I went back to check Lelluk just to find out about them it was missing.

One point it told me to speak to Triss in the afternoon, I think it meant evening as you can't go to the guild quarters in the afternoon.

I got an error on the final quest when talking about June, could ignore through it fine, but figured I'd let you know.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I couldn't find a way to give the book to the girl ... nor do I get how the MC knows she likes romance ones as that's not come up yet, but maybe it's just there for future stuff.

I get that was more typing about little qualms than for the praise, don't take that as representative, I thought it was great as I said.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kalrotix and Bunis

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
View attachment 768808
Says it right there though. It's an optional event and sounds pretty petty to drop a game over tbh as there is nothing wrong with trying to get multiple fetishes in there especially when the arguement is it takes away from other scenes. That's like saying just because I don't like something it shouldn't be there. This game is pretty decent and honestly doesn't portray itself to be all vanilla either based on the events so far. Think your being a little unfair here tbh.
Genre is different then tags. And me being unfair is simply my opinion, when I play a harem game I expect just that.
This whole debate is stupid. It's clearly labeled. If you don't like it don't check it out. Hell, I don't like it, but I also like having a game that is expansive enough to where I need to worry about the consequences of my actions (for better and worse).
Its quite literally not labeled correctly, however it will be soon.

Bunis

Game Developer
Apr 26, 2018
This was great, I really liked the art style and found it very charming in places, the world and story is interesting, I'll definitely want to play more of this in the future when it's longer.

A few things though:

I didn't like how little there was to do in the evenings.
Even if the academy has cleared out then let me go train on the dummies or something, I though maybe when I unlocked the guild quarters or had the lady to live with it might then give me something to do, but 99% of the time you'd just need to "pass time". This is mainly an issue for me because of the day counter, which makes me feel like there's time limits to things (even if there isn't presently) and I need to be using my time efficiently, which I'm then kinda gated out of... though I think I raised my stats much higher than was needed for things, haha.

Make the text the player writes be in black.
So when you go to put in your name, games tend to either do it so you type it in when an NPC asks you for it, or then go to the next page after that where the game'll then repeat something like "now type your name" to double down on things ... so when I got to the bit where it asked me for my name and I didn't see a flashing cursor (as it's an almost invisible light blue) I hit space, nothing happened, hit it again, thinking that's weird ... hit some keys randomly and see the faintest impression of some writing and am then like oooh, I get it, deleted it and put in my name - no biggie.
Buuuuut, when you come to reading the monster book, I wasn't expecting to do some typing like I was with the name thing ... so I presumed it had bugged out, I'm wondering if it's some overly long animation so I'm trying to use ctrl to skip through it and things ... took me a while to figure out it wanted me to type in a monster's name... and I think all that could be solved by having typing be in a bolder/darker colour so you see the thing blinking away.
Also with that book I'm not sure how I feel about the typing, it probably needs to be adjusted for plurals as sometimes it seemed to require it other times required it wasn't, and when I went back to check Lelluk just to find out about them it was missing.

One point it told me to speak to Triss in the afternoon, I think it meant evening as you can't go to the guild quarters in the afternoon.

I got an error on the final quest when talking about June, could ignore through it fine, but figured I'd let you know.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I couldn't find a way to give the book to the girl ... nor do I get how the MC knows she likes romance ones as that's not come up yet, but maybe it's just there for future stuff.

I get that was more typing about little qualms than for the praise, don't take that as representative, I thought it was great as I said.
Thanks

Apr 19, 2020
Hey, the game looks promising and the story good, but I'll wait until it's a but more developed closer to a 0.5, so there's a lot of content to play. Good luck with this game

Reactions: Bunis

Puniasterus

Feb 16, 2018
Got this when joining party with Evelyn and Sander, but can continue fine.

And sometimes Evelyn sprites go to old ones.

Bunis

Game Developer
Apr 26, 2018
Got this when joining party with Evelyn and Sander, but can continue fine.

And sometimes Evelyn sprites go to old ones.
Thank you for the feedback. I was afraid of the sprite switching, did it happen a lot

4.40 star(s) 50 Votes