Hullahopp

Dec 26, 2018
If you think 2 or 3 text baloons popping up every 10 or so minutes making these "games" less of a slideshow. You must be a huge doofus. It's already mostly visual novels in this site. These "choices" most of the time just butchers the story if its even something more than "fuck this girl" or "don't fuck this girl".

If the choices really important, developer gonna need to create content for 10 or more plotlines at the same time, which is hard and gonna make the game significantly shorter, or there will be no alternative plotlines and choices just gonna block some paths, which I don't have a problem with.
But if it's something in between of these two, that forces you to block out content, which could be pretty much avoidable and just made to sake of having "choices" that's what I don't like.
Also putting choices doesn't make something a game, it makes it interactive, is it too hard to understand?

Our feelings are mutual. Don't be so self-centered.
Ok, we understand what you do not like. What exactly do you want from this game?

Reactions: Jman9

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
If you think 2 or 3 text baloons popping up every 10 or so minutes making these "games" less of a slideshow. You must be a huge doofus.
Neat strawman. Go play with it somewhere else.

I get it, you don't want any choices at all because you have this weird 'not true Scotsman choices' thing going on. Fine, not going to judge. But please take it to some other game/thread where it matters. Ravager was built from the ground up as exactly the kind of choice-based game you don't seem to like.

Oh, yeah, and I suppose you only ever make momentuous decisions in your life? You never choose between 'fuck this girl' and 'don't fuck this girl'. No, it's always straight to either 'marry her!' or 'kill her and dump the body in the river'. You never merely get up in the morning. Instead, your personal catapult launches you out of the window, into either the bathroom of a five-star suite, in front of a vehicle or into the police station. Etc. All that boring stuff is for peons. :p

TheAshina

Oct 5, 2017
Neat strawman. Go play with it somewhere else.

I get it, you don't want any choices at all because you have this weird 'not true Scotsman choices' thing going on. Fine, not going to judge. But please take it to some other game/thread where it matters. Ravager was built from the ground up as exactly the kind of choice-based game you don't seem to like.

Oh, yeah, and I suppose you only ever make momentuous decisions in your life? You never choose between 'fuck this girl' and 'don't fuck this girl'. No, it's always straight to either 'marry her!' or 'kill her and dump the body in the river'. You never merely get up in the morning. Instead, your personal catapult launches you out of the window, into either the bathroom of a five-star suite, in front of a vehicle or into the police station. Etc. All that boring stuff is for peons. :p
Strawman? Do you even know what does it mean lol? Yeah I guess I was right, it is too hard to understand for some of you. The example I mentioned is a simple tool games' used to let player decide wheter they want to pursue that specific LI or just remove her content from the current playthrough. Like I said there's 3 types of these "non-kinetic" vns and one of them is this. And It's probably not a question you would face in your daily life lol, the whole point I'm trying to make here is most of the choices in these games are not even choices, they generally there to just remove or block content.
Also I like Ravager, It just happened to be that we are talking about all games in this thread.

Ok, we understand what you do not like. What exactly do you want from this game?
Nothing, why you people act like you own the damn thread. I'm commenting here because I'm replying people that's quoting me.

Reactions: mrttao

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
Strawman? Do you even know what does it mean lol? Yeah I guess I was right, it is too hard to understand for some of you. The example I mentioned is a simple tool games' used to let player decide wheter they want to pursue that specific LI or just remove her content from the current playthrough. Like I said there's 3 types of these "non-kinetic" vns and one of them is this. And It's probably not a question you would face in your daily life lol, the whole point I'm trying to make here is most of the choices in these games are not even choices, they generally there to just remove or block content.
Also I like Ravager, It just happened to be that we are talking about all games in this thread.
Fair enough, most girls only have a "block off this content" choice rather than actual choices.
Although games with actual choices do exist. Where you do make changes in the world, or even just in one character's life.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Strawman? Do you even know what does it mean lol?
Yes. To put it bluntly, it means you're putting words in my mouth that were never there in the first place. Stop, and stop projecting your issues with reading comprehension and functional writing onto others.

...the whole point I'm trying to make here is most of the choices in these games are not even choices, they generally there to just remove or block content.
Which is blatantly untrue unless you restrict yourself to a pretty small subset of games, not 'all games' or even 'all adult games'. Maybe you've played too many VNs for your own good, IDK.

...it just happened to be that we are talking about all games in this thread.

Nothing, why you people act like you own the damn thread.
It will pretty likely 'happen' that the mods are going to clean all of this up, because that's exactly what them rules tell you not to do in game threads.

Reactions: Dysphorika

Maizemallard

Dec 24, 2019
I kind of agree with both sides. There is a lot of games where choices just get in the way and lock me out of content and force me to make decisions I would not normally choose just to get said content. It does get grating When I make choice that screws me over or forces me down a path I don't want to, it just wastes my time. This type of situation Happens in to many games and sometimes I just want to relax and enjoy the story instead of making choices. In general I think a lot of games don't handle choices very well.

I do feel Ravager is different and I think they handle choices very well. Whenever you make a choice in ravager 95% of the time you get instant gratification and results fuck someone you get potency and a scene, decide to eat someone you get strength, make a wrong choice suffer for it in the moment, make a correct choice get immediate satisfaction. you decide what happens to characters in the game does chanwe stay true to her faith or do you convert her, does maleys get severed from her goddess or does she maintain her connection, who lives who dies, How will malice turn out its all based on your choices and some choice's can drastically change the story or character's. I genuinely believe this game would be worse without choice all those branching paths gone for one chosen path, I like having a choice while picking different paths for character development and a lot of the branching stories are diverse and interesting. Also This games story would be a cluster fuck if you added the infernals plotline, The mother plotline, malagar plotline, Malice plotline, various other sub plotlines, having everyone as your consort plotline into one massive singular plotline would just be to much to handle and would be a confusing mess. I will say the only choice I don't like is when you have to sacrifice a character to access a lair faction story. If we had one singular storyline we would lose all the branching storylines, how people roleplay as the MC and the satisfaction of choosing our personal story. There is benefits to not having choices or having them and personally I think Ravager is a better game with having them. While it does lock away some content from a single playthrough I feel it also adds a lot more content overall to the game.

Last edited:

Sylas12

Jun 25, 2021
Every time I try to play the language automatically switches from English to French and this is annoying. Can someone help me to find a solution?

Tosk

Jun 4, 2017
Every time I try to play the language automatically switches from English to French and this is annoying. Can someone help me to find a solution?
That switch was intended to only occur once. It'll be fix in the next release

serpentfangs

Apr 15, 2021
so far, Enid is the only one who get pregnant. is there any girl besides Enid that getting pregnant as well?? or i have to play it again?

muschi26

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2019
so far, Enid is the only one who get pregnant. is there any girl besides Enid that getting pregnant as well?? or i have to play it again?
You can get one of either Héloïse or Valzira pregnant, and Chanwe has a pregnant stomach if you turn her over to the Proteans (not sure what's in there, but hey).

_Maou_

Jun 2, 2018

A lot of focus is on Marie-Anne's Act V pregnancy content at the moment, but what about her Act III pregnancy content? Lubbio's latest illustrated fate scene puts her into the proteans' tender care.
marie-anne-protean-preview.jpg
Support the game! , or
Join the discord!

Kalenz123

Dec 13, 2018

A lot of focus is on Marie-Anne's Act V pregnancy content at the moment, but what about her Act III pregnancy content? Lubbio's latest illustrated fate scene puts her into the proteans' tender care.
View attachment 1838040
Support the game! , or
Join the discord!
Looks way too much like some xenomorph hentai

w.iT

Feb 4, 2018
Are dev still planning to add more content in early chapter or is it almost done and we're moving to next chapter ingame?

4.60 star(s) 207 Votes