Mar 13, 2023
is Drain Will supposed to slow down with repeated use?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

okay, hypnosis grows really fast. Probably helps that by the time you're invested in it you can set up free mana regen and just let it farm itself through several fights.

GratuitousLove

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
is Drain Will supposed to slow down with repeated use?

okay, hypnosis grows really fast. Probably helps that by the time you're invested in it you can set up free mana regen and just let it farm itself through several fights.
Well it was done on purpose, but now that I think about it I don't think it makes much sense. I think I'll remove that, the amount of mindless slave you can have is limited by the amount of prisoners you can get already.

GratuitousLove

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
Quick question to dear players, isn't getting the loyalty to overthrow the church a bit long? I was considering giving 20 free loyalty to Petipatelin when Annie and Maya found your cult.

lizaardt

Feb 25, 2018
Quick question to dear players, isn't getting the loyalty to overthrow the church a bit long? I was considering giving 20 free loyalty to Petipatelin when Annie and Maya found your cult.
I'm not really sure...
- I do think it make sense if gaining annie & maya give loyalty since they basically act as brainwashed slave sendt to petipatelin
- It entierly depend on the stats you have at the moment, it was super easy on my save. but I'm not sure what a new save's experience will looks like. Newer player may need some run to increase they hypnosis skill first.
- The wait time before having annie & maya - and being able to start working on the cultist - may be a problem for newer player (since that mean they have to survive even longer to get the church, then have to wait until they hypnotised their slave with pretty low stats). Then there is the "how long you need to survive after overthrowing it for it to be useful?" question.
-I unlocked the cultist on a 7 warrior/210 power wave in a run where annie popped before kit' (meaning if you're unlucky it can appear later). Since the requirement for petipatelin is only 100 strength and you loose some of your troup when you take the village, the waiting time requirement may be a bit brutal for newer player (breeder morgana may help to stall time here while you work on your hypnosis, and if it's an end game occupation it's not bad per see to work towards it)

On the side note: question & bugs (0.9b)
- does overthrowing the church supposed to led to any event? It at least didn't display any event in the log (and I didn't stick long enough to ensure loyalty was increasing)
- When saving the game to a file ; playerName is set to undefined
- Because of the bug above, I did try to possess a prisonner to correct my save's name ; it also did nothing (or more like, spewed Uncaught ReferenceError: Swal is not defined in the console)

Reactions: GratuitousLove

Nemo de Nemo

Jul 30, 2020
Started a new game and at a little less than 8.6 adapt, 16.1 magic, 8.1 construction, 16.4 fight, about 9-10 Hypnosis, it took me about after wave 900ish villager wave (conquered Pepilepten before wave 1400ish kiilled me) and warrior wave 11 or 17 for me to take overthrow the church. I had about 2 to 3 waves to flop around with 100% production until warrrior 38 killed me. Also I can confirm that while it was a low amount, the loyalty did increase after overthrowing the church.
For the current version of 0.9b, I'd say this pace is fine since the church seems to be the current end point regarding the village, The extra loyalty is probably a good idea for when the village gets expanded if you want to give new players extra leeway to get to the new end point with similar stats to what I had.

Last edited:
Reactions: GratuitousLove

GratuitousLove

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
I'm not really sure...
- I do think it make sense if gaining annie & maya give loyalty since they basically act as brainwashed slave sendt to petipatelin
- It entierly depend on the stats you have at the moment, it was super easy on my save. but I'm not sure what a new save's experience will looks like. Newer player may need some run to increase they hypnosis skill first.
- The wait time before having annie & maya - and being able to start working on the cultist - may be a problem for newer player (since that mean they have to survive even longer to get the church, then have to wait until they hypnotised their slave with pretty low stats). Then there is the "how long you need to survive after overthrowing it for it to be useful?" question.
-I unlocked the cultist on a 7 warrior/210 power wave in a run where annie popped before kit' (meaning if you're unlucky it can appear later). Since the requirement for petipatelin is only 100 strength and you loose some of your troup when you take the village, the waiting time requirement may be a bit brutal for newer player (breeder morgana may help to stall time here while you work on your hypnosis, and if it's an end game occupation it's not bad per see to work towards it)

On the side note: question & bugs (0.9b)
- does overthrowing the church supposed to led to any event? It at least didn't display any event in the log (and I didn't stick long enough to ensure loyalty was increasing)
- When saving the game to a file ; playerName is set to undefined
- Because of the bug above, I did try to possess a prisonner to correct my save's name ; it also did nothing (or more like, spewed Uncaught ReferenceError: Swal is not defined in the console)
Overthrow church doesn't trigger any event.
The playername is saved properly on my version I don't think I fixed it on my end (unless changing save2text into save2File mysteriously fixed it but that would be strange.
The swal error has nothing to do with playerName being undefined but it is due to that I probably didn't include the correct .js when I tried to make my game being able to run offline, I'll have to fix it.

Edit : the bug is fixed on my end (if you want to fix it on your end change line 14 in the html :
<script src="js/sweetalert2.all.min.js"></script>
Into
<script src="js/jssweetalert2.all.min.js"></script>

Last edited:
Reactions: lizaardt

GratuitousLove

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
1. open your save file
2. Copy the content
3. paste it in the text box
4. click "load from text"

If I understood correctly, next update will have a "load from file" button that'll be way more convenient.
Yep next update (tomorrow for patrons and the 15th for public version) have button to save to/from files.
I've just completed the patch note if you're curious what will be in there :

Reactions: Jaxter

lizaardt

Feb 25, 2018
Yep next update (tomorrow for patrons and the 15th for public version) have button to save to/from files.
I've just completed the patch note if you're curious what will be in there :
I was curious, and now I'm pretty excited! New content and some balance patch? what else?!

Mar 13, 2023
Fixed a bug that would prevent hunting lone human to increase for every already hunted human, but reduced the base time to hunt lone
That explains a lot. That also definitely helps balance out the docile/slut soul imbalance. In late game, I could easily get hundreds of humans because I would be able to snag 5 at a time in only a couple tics, faster than I could swap tabs to process them (typically into masked servants).

Alas, my days of making hundreds of masked servants are numbered, no longer shall I be the terrifying archfiend with an army that is numbered in the thousands (well, at least almost a thousand) empowered by my servants to such a deggree even the universe trembled before my might (also known as causing my old computer to freeze because of how fast the mana regen was).

GratuitousLove

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
That explains a lot. That also definitely helps balance out the docile/slut soul imbalance. In late game, I could easily get hundreds of humans because I would be able to snag 5 at a time in only a couple tics, faster than I could swap tabs to process them (typically into masked servants).

Alas, my days of making hundreds of masked servants are numbered, no longer shall I be the terrifying archfiend with an army that is numbered in the thousands (well, at least almost a thousand) empowered by my servants to such a deggree even the universe trembled before my might (also known as causing my old computer to freeze because of how fast the mana regen was).
Hehe, don't worry as new upgrade arrives, you'll get to that point eventualy I suppose.
Remember you can build prisons in PetiPatelin, and prison increase the amount of human you can capture with docile slave per enemy attack.
Docile might even be stronger than slut atm depending of how far you are. I'm not there yet, but I usualy don't save my progress most of time to not be overleved and be able to ensure that I balance things for most players.
I think for sure docile will become stronger once I add a magic skill servant. I don't think that's a problem since slut will still be stronger for new player, before being outmached by docile, so both will have their place in the game.

rolfa

Jan 25, 2023
is possess prisoner supposed to do anything? i have a prisoner and ive been spamming the button for 2 minutes straight and nothing is happening

lizaardt

Feb 25, 2018
is possess prisoner supposed to do anything? i have a prisoner and ive been spamming the button for 2 minutes straight and nothing is happening
It is supposed to allows you to choose your name/gender ; but IIRC it is bugged in the current game version
(that was reported already, so I assume it'll be fixed in the next update)

GratuitousLove

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
It is supposed to allows you to choose your name/gender ; but IIRC it is bugged in the current game version
(that was reported already, so I assume it'll be fixed in the next update)
Yep it is fixed in 0.91 (available for patron for now will be public around the 15th)

gf199

Feb 19, 2019
Got a weird problem, after I skip the prologue I can use hypnosis on Selena, but if I start over without skipping (I know that it's weird to do that when you can simply skip but still) I can't do that, she's simply a mindless slave and I can't do anything to her.
Am I missing something here or is it a bug?

GratuitousLove

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
Got a weird problem, after I skip the prologue I can use hypnosis on Selena, but if I start over without skipping (I know that it's weird to do that when you can simply skip but still) I can't do that, she's simply a mindless slave and I can't do anything to her.
Am I missing something here or is it a bug?
It's not a bug, but if you don't skip you turn her into a mindless slave in a scene of the story, if you skip this scene doesn't exist.
You can't hypnotize her when she is mindless.

1NeoWolf

May 11, 2021
Anyone willing to toss their save file? I lost mine and it'd be a pain to level up all the skills again

2.60 star(s) 5 Votes