GratuitousLove

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
Neat! I love Incremental Loop games.

I tried making one and shared it in the Dev section, but as is often the case new interests took over.
Feel free to check it out in my signature and steal any code you like!

While playing your game I encountered some minor bugs:
- In the very first cycle, I was not able to choose Girl
- One time I triggered the fatal attack with the +10 from hunting for Prisoners. The action reset and continued after the gameover into the next game, making me start with 22 progress and 1 prisoner. (Yeah Selene, this girl is with me. She's tied up because her arms spasm uncontrollably and the gag is so she doesn't bite her tongue. Don't worry about it)

Apart from that, the pacing feels off. It becomes very grindy and not rewarding after some time. This is because the experience for skills decreases while its value also decreases: goining from 400% to 401% speed at level 4 takes 4 times longer than 100% to 101% and gives 1/4 of the value.
If you are game to change the exp scaling system, I suggest the one used by Increlution:
- Each skill has 2 kind of progression, one permanent and one that resets at the beginning of each loop.
- The exp gain for each kind is increased by speed: doing a given action with a x2 speed bonus gives the same amount of experience, you can gain x2 the experience in the same time compared to without the bonus.
- The exp required for each level scales twice as fast as its speed increases: gaining enough levels to get x2 speed makes progression x4 as slow
- The two progressions of a skill multiply each other, resulting in a 1:1 speed:exp ratio if they were allowed to be farmed forever, but since one resets every loop it slows down slowly
- This system encourages focusing on as few skills as possible each run, so it's best when the story prevents you from farming a single skill (This is currently possible with Engravings I think?)

I might try it out later, for now I really need to go to sleep.

Good luck! I'm looking forward to how your game develops!
Yeah Increlution is one of the game that gave me motivation to make this one, and the 2 kind of progression is kinda what I do, except that I do it with army instead of permanent/temp skill.
Later there will be upgrade to increase exp gagned based on your army skill, but I didn't want to worry too much about the exp formula until the player get out of tutorial. I'll check your game when I have some time, even if I'm not too worried about how to code everything I need, it's just a matter of time.
Not bad for an opening, I'll keep an eye on this one.

My thoughts on how to make it a little easier, and how to add some lore would be to make new enemy types worth 10 than 100 and so on as the game progresses, and thus make the jump from 8 to 13 (instead making it 10) a little more manageable while also giving a reason why 20 to 30 people going into the forest and never returning not seem as huge a problem. I don't know how many people are supposed to live in the nearby town, but 20 plus people going missing all at once could get some major attention there, whereas some wandering swordsman/woman getting paid to go search for the dozen people missing over several days could be seen as them skipping out on the work or getting lost, which would then add reason to why villagers would go with them the next time. (I imagine that you'd make such a thing eventually, but maybe for the next one or two versions this might get implemented.)

My magic was halfway to 13 by the time I'd finished the game, with my fight having gotten just past 14. My adaptability and construction were only about 4.5 and 6 respectively though, which might have been why it took me past the 34 fight to win. Part of the reason my stats got so high was that I figured I'd just push the stats until I could get 10 drones by the 5 fight, then just meditate or engrave as much as needed to get 5 masked to beat the 34 fight, then make the 5 mindless after I had the 5 masked. Maybe add an increment increase to meditation where you get more mana per meditation at certain stat points? Maybe make the incremental increases faster or make them more effective? I don't know how exactly to make this easier, but if your opening is too hard it might discourage players who might find the mechanics fun. I'd say save the hard part for mid to end game, that's where the time already put in will make players try to find more effective ways to play, though making the start too easy would set expectations out of balance with your planned difficulty curve. (Maybe make an optimal route to the objectives, with enough wiggle room that some things could be done out of order if the player chooses that gives additional or different dialogue for doing things in that order.)

For the save points, I don't know how you intend to implement them, but if you give the player too many, that would probably be nigh impossible to balance, as some players would be willing to go back to their first save point just to make their whole run more optimal, whereas giving only one might be seen as frustrating for others who have not been too optimal with their playthroughs and end up playing 5 minutes of content over and over again because their one save point is right before they have an impossible fight or whatever might come next for their stats. I'm not saying don't do it; I think it would be an interesting mechanic for this type of game, but that you'll need to be careful with it's implementation, or else some people will just go back to the beginning every time they die and have an easy 30 plus minutes of gameplay where they don't have any problems meeting whatever objectives you make, and preparing everything they can for the next section. As an example, I'd meditate in the first section until I had 30 mana, strengthen the effect, fill back up to 30 mana, prep the scroll, then fill up to 30 again before I'd wait for the paladins to show up so I could immediately summon the slime. This was because at that point, I'd seen that there would be a lot of time lost if I just waited that could have been used to increase my mana, and that would reduce the time used in the start to summon the first slime, which meant I could focus on increasing my max mana until the cost outgrew the amount it gave (And by my final run, I could do all that and have a new slime for the trap before the first fight took place). It may not have been optimal all things considered, but it was what I thought would be most effective in the situation.
I'll reduce the amount of enemy coming each wave, but I'll still keep it a tough exponential.
I plan to have the amount of enemies reset to 1 once you capture the first village to 1, while increasing the "quality" of ennemies. I'll probably have to find a solution about the fact that it will make player want to delay as long as possible the capture of the village though. Maybe by making some kind of "time pressure" I'll see.

As for the "save" points they will be at key point. At the end of 0.4 content, you'll unlock an upgrade that set up a spawn point and is a requirement for future upgrades so for now you'll have only one. When you die, you can either reset to day1 or to the point. Reseting from day 1 will be usefull sometimes to get your save point "earlier" in the game, but you won't be able to get a late save point (at least for now).

Rusty11

Feb 25, 2018
A very interesting game concept and overall very good initial implementation. Even though I've enjoyed trying to figure out the optimum growth path, I feel that currently skill growth needs to be a little faster and attacking army strength needs to increase slower. Overall I greatly enjoyed trying out this game and very much look forward to see how it develops.

I've managed to get to the final Selene with magic and fighting skill at 10, pushing into 11 by the end of the winning cycle.
One thing that people might be missing is that timing on abduction missions is crucial for optimized runs. I didn't do a very precise math, but it takes somewhere between 15 to 18 seconds of the 100 second cycle to complete one abduction mission and on top of that you get hit by a 15 second increased alarm penalty for a total time cost of single abduction at 30 to 33 seconds. If you push back the start of initial abductions to start at 20 seconds remaining in the cycle the alarm penalty almost goes away.

Reactions: GratuitousLove

AlexFenec

Nov 20, 2022
the 2 kind of progression is kinda what I do, except that I do it with army instead of permanent/temp skill
Not really: exp gain is not increased by Army multiplier. If you spend a full wave on Engravings you gain the same experience whether you have 5 Drones or none. This means you can't optimize your route to grind quicker, you don't gain anything from lasting longer except more Fight exp.

I started to look into the code and it seems... wrong, unfinished. What the game shows does not match what happens under the hood:
- The Army multiplier is only used for display, it is not used in the calculation of progress nor experience gain
- The delay between (notoriety) changes depending on the story but that is not reflected in the UI, the bar always shows a value between 0 and 100.
- It looks like the x2 bonus for having the game paused applies to task progress and exp gain but not wave progress. I find it weird that they are handled separately.
- After a game over the variable used to calculate the duration of some repeateable actions is reset, but their duration is not reset until you complete them once: repeatActionHuntLoneHuman.cost is not reset even though huntLoneHumanTime did. A player can work around this by reloading the page after a game over.

Here's a version where:
- speed and exp scales with Army multiplier
- Notoriety value and maximum are displayed
- bonus time is disabled
- game speed is 5x as fast
- the extension of the file is changed from .js to .txt to be allowed by this forum

Let me know if you want help debugging or reviewing code, I'm happy to help.
J'ai hâte à la prochaine version!

GratuitousLove

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
Not really: exp gain is not increased by Army multiplier. If you spend a full wave on Engravings you gain the same experience whether you have 5 Drones or none. This means you can't optimize your route to grind quicker, you don't gain anything from lasting longer except more Fight exp.

I started to look into the code and it seems... wrong, unfinished. What the game shows does not match what happens under the hood:
- The Army multiplier is only used for display, it is not used in the calculation of progress nor experience gain
- The delay between (notoriety) changes depending on the story but that is not reflected in the UI, the bar always shows a value between 0 and 100.
- It looks like the x2 bonus for having the game paused applies to task progress and exp gain but not wave progress. I find it weird that they are handled separately.
- After a game over the variable used to calculate the duration of some repeateable actions is reset, but their duration is not reset until you complete them once: repeatActionHuntLoneHuman.cost is not reset even though huntLoneHumanTime did. A player can work around this by reloading the page after a game over.

Here's a version where:
- speed and exp scales with Army multiplier
- Notoriety value and maximum are displayed
- bonus time is disabled
- game speed is 5x as fast
- the extension of the file is changed from .js to .txt to be allowed by this forum

Wow thank you for your feedback let me answer this :
First you don't get exp bonus from army multiplier for now, but i'll add an upgrade for this, I should have mentioned that earlier. Of course this isn't really how increlution work, but I think i keep the good part of it, which is your course of action will impact which skill is improved and how fast during a run. But I want it to be unlocked after the "tutorial", because farming the tutorial again and again and click million of times isn't fun.
-Army multiplier is calculated to know if you'll survive the next wave, that its only purpose for now, this is not a bug it will be used for conquest later.
-I don't think the delay change in notoriety is a problem, 0-100 is just the % progress and the player doesn't need to know how much time it'll need to reach 100%. I might add an upgrade to forsee this later.
-The notoriety bar not being double when speed double is a huge bug, thank you for reporting it to me I'll have to fix that ASAP. This explain why people where telling me they had absolutely no way to win with 10 in meditate skill when I did with 8.
-I'll have to fix the bug about repeat action not being reset, thank you again for your help.
I already made lots of change to the game but I'll check your version and see if I can learn something from it.

GratuitousLove

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
Well if you've seen my code, you should now this is a mess and you're probably going to be struck with insanity if you work on this.
Joke aside makes me a bit uneasy to ask for help on my code when I know I'm perfectly able to achieve anything I want, it'll just take a bit of time and have nothing to offer to you for your work.
Thank you anyway, displays of kindness are extremely effective in making me happy :)
Sinon j'ajouterais simplement que si tu as aimé le jeu jusque là, tu devrais aimer la 0.5 :sneaky:

lizaardt

Feb 25, 2018
This was a nice find - and actually kept me awake way too late yesterday.

I'm blaming the lack of sleep for the presentation of the following mix of feedback/suggestions:

The start of the game, and the first 3 loops where super nice - really did capture the feeling of trying, going a bit further, failing, and reaching a bit further...
.. if we exclude the bug while trying to pick girl (can do boy > girl and apparently start the first run as girl so it's not that bad, but still a bug)

The gameplay part is decent too, it's adequately engaging and is promising on the game future!
... Until you reach the last two objective, that need a really lot of time to complete. Getting to the point you can MC your first villager is a significant leap in effort needed to clear the objective, and the last one is no better.
Staying stuck too long on the same objective / wave without clearing give a feeling of stagnation ; at a point I felt like I didn't really had much to do instead of failing run to start the next one with slightly better stats.

Having to redo all scenes, and the start part while enslaving the paladin don't really help either. Redoing the same talk bit become more of a chore after some runs ; it would be really nice to add either alternative choices when you reach specific points/trigger, or alternatively a "skip" button for already completed event.
Save point would be indeed nice to avoid redoing these (and be able to rewatch when wanted), but the gameplay bit to unlock theses will not be the most engaging new user's experience.

On the UI/UX/control/gameplay side of things:
- meditation feel like a thing you do when you don't have much else to do, I think it would be pretty great to put out of the summon tab and make it available everywhere
- I do really wish there was unit/upgrade that give passive mana regeneration, and/or have smarter worker that could do task too (as in: multiple action at the same time! time to put that poor Selene to work?)
- speaking of action bar... I assume the game chain action until you can't do these anymore. Which become a tad annoying when you wanted to build a single slime cell and got two because you where too busy on another tab. Suggestion here is: more control on how many time things are done ; or when they stop could be great!
- other point of frustration: loosing a bit of time here and there between swapping the action you do. Having action queue after the current one instead of replacing them would be, for me, *chief kiss* (that may be contrary to the kind of feeling/wanted dev may try ot achieve, but personally I think that would work great: I don't really look at that kind of game as trying to micromanage timings, but that may be the dev's target)
- being able to continue the previous action you did before getting interrupted by the human raid would be nice too (as in, not loosing part of the work. I'm half done scribbling on the walls, why can't I continue from there!) - that one is definitively up to taste tho.
- finally, I'm not personally fond of the hunt's implementation: the fact it makes the village more wary/aggressive is a nice idea, but the current implementation lean into precise timing optimization again (which is again a matter of taste). Having the wave's strength depend on the number of killed mob could be an alternative

I'm definitively in favor of having more variety of enemy, and most importantly stronger enemy (as in, instead of 13 villagers, 4 guards with a power of 3 and 1 villager may be a nicer flavor).
That would also heavily impact the strength of the slime trap: they would suddenly be worth way more battle point when you deploy these (and incidentally, make deploying slime a viable strategy to try to survive and push further in the wave - if that ever become relevant)

And to finish: image's name! Not all OS are case-incensitive, and booting the game on a linux result in some picture not being loaded (since the game try to load them with a caps). this is pretty minor, but may affect more user if the game is ever hosted on a server (I assume some may be case sensitive too)

And to sum that up, nice start, can't wait to see more of Selene! (I did hope she'll stay on the tsun side, but I assume she's brainwashed for good now. owell)

Ça sent la baguette par ici !

• Red Heart

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
-The notoriety bar not being double when speed double is a huge bug, thank you for reporting it to me I'll have to fix that ASAP. This explain why people where telling me they had absolutely no way to win with 10 in meditate skill when I did with 8.
Oof, yeah, that'll do it. I was about to ask whether there's some other stat affecting things that wasn't mentioned, like if increasing maximum mana increased meditation speed, because I literally can't think of anything that would improve my build order without completing the 21 strength wave (which shouldn't be possible at the recommended stats). Having the *entire game* be twice as efficient from the offscreen boost to it is ironically punishing for people giving the game their full attention. (Though "punishing" may be an understatement when the game is literally unwinnable.)

• Sad

SlothOnMeth

Apr 15, 2021
I would strongly advise you against making checkpoints.

You already have a much more elegant solution available which is to change how the starting events happen due to knowledge you gain from later in a playthrough. There aren't really meaningful choices in the starting sequence now but there easily could be many more.

Maybe building a mask will give you an additional choice when handling the three masks again in the very beginning of the game.

Maybe making the mindless slave will give you an additional option with the mind control spell in the beginning of the game.

Maybe the player can choose their game goals for that particular playthrough only.

Maybe the player can choose specific bonuses for that particular playthrough only.

This way the player has reason to want to go through the starting sequence again to see what has changed and to choose different options (like the gender option is now) instead of seeing it as a nuisance that they want to skip through. Of course some of it can be abbreviated later on, modified, replaced, etc.

Since restarting the game over and over again is part of the main gameplay loop it would greatly benefit from the storyline being frontloaded and densely tied into the beginning.

If the player can go through the beginning differently each time, seeing different story beats, gaining different bonuses and goals, there would no longer be one single optimal build order to mindlessly go through every time. If you manage to make the starting sequence more fleshed out it will exponentially increase replay value.

Putting loads more fap images into the game can't hurt either.

GratuitousLove

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
This was a nice find - and actually kept me awake way too late yesterday.

I'm blaming the lack of sleep for the presentation of the following mix of feedback/suggestions:

The start of the game, and the first 3 loops where super nice - really did capture the feeling of trying, going a bit further, failing, and reaching a bit further...
.. if we exclude the bug while trying to pick girl (can do boy > girl and apparently start the first run as girl so it's not that bad, but still a bug)

The gameplay part is decent too, it's adequately engaging and is promising on the game future!
... Until you reach the last two objective, that need a really lot of time to complete. Getting to the point you can MC your first villager is a significant leap in effort needed to clear the objective, and the last one is no better.
Staying stuck too long on the same objective / wave without clearing give a feeling of stagnation ; at a point I felt like I didn't really had much to do instead of failing run to start the next one with slightly better stats.

Having to redo all scenes, and the start part while enslaving the paladin don't really help either. Redoing the same talk bit become more of a chore after some runs ; it would be really nice to add either alternative choices when you reach specific points/trigger, or alternatively a "skip" button for already completed event.
Save point would be indeed nice to avoid redoing these (and be able to rewatch when wanted), but the gameplay bit to unlock theses will not be the most engaging new user's experience.

On the UI/UX/control/gameplay side of things:
- meditation feel like a thing you do when you don't have much else to do, I think it would be pretty great to put out of the summon tab and make it available everywhere
- I do really wish there was unit/upgrade that give passive mana regeneration, and/or have smarter worker that could do task too (as in: multiple action at the same time! time to put that poor Selene to work?)
- speaking of action bar... I assume the game chain action until you can't do these anymore. Which become a tad annoying when you wanted to build a single slime cell and got two because you where too busy on another tab. Suggestion here is: more control on how many time things are done ; or when they stop could be great!
- other point of frustration: loosing a bit of time here and there between swapping the action you do. Having action queue after the current one instead of replacing them would be, for me, *chief kiss* (that may be contrary to the kind of feeling/wanted dev may try ot achieve, but personally I think that would work great: I don't really look at that kind of game as trying to micromanage timings, but that may be the dev's target)
- being able to continue the previous action you did before getting interrupted by the human raid would be nice too (as in, not loosing part of the work. I'm half done scribbling on the walls, why can't I continue from there!) - that one is definitively up to taste tho.
- finally, I'm not personally fond of the hunt's implementation: the fact it makes the village more wary/aggressive is a nice idea, but the current implementation lean into precise timing optimization again (which is again a matter of taste). Having the wave's strength depend on the number of killed mob could be an alternative

I'm definitively in favor of having more variety of enemy, and most importantly stronger enemy (as in, instead of 13 villagers, 4 guards with a power of 3 and 1 villager may be a nicer flavor).
That would also heavily impact the strength of the slime trap: they would suddenly be worth way more battle point when you deploy these (and incidentally, make deploying slime a viable strategy to try to survive and push further in the wave - if that ever become relevant)

And to finish: image's name! Not all OS are case-incensitive, and booting the game on a linux result in some picture not being loaded (since the game try to load them with a caps). this is pretty minor, but may affect more user if the game is ever hosted on a server (I assume some may be case sensitive too)

And to sum that up, nice start, can't wait to see more of Selene! (I did hope she'll stay on the tsun side, but I assume she's brainwashed for good now. owell)

Ça sent la baguette par ici !
You can also blame me for having the double speed bug in my game that completely ruined the balance for your lack of sleep. of the game (will be fixed 0.5 and the game rebalanced accordingly).
My original plan was to allow the player to reincarnate at different checkpoint unlocked as the game progresses, but I think I'll just somehow add the ability to skip events/make shorter version of them. That was already planned with conquest (I had idea like if you have 100 fighting power you can launch the event to conquer the town, but with 1000ish you can just instantly capture without bothering strategy to justify this) but I think I should extend this principle to the tutorial. Will require a bit of work, but reincarnating mean saving every single progress the player has made which is work too, and probably less elegant.
Thank you and SlothOnMeth for the idea!

As I said the last 2 objective being super slow is probably linked to the double speed bug, I could complete them with 7/8 in meditation because I was permanently playing under double speed (since I spend most of my time coding instead of playing double speed time accumulated on my runs), and because notoriety bar wasn't affected by double speed my run were way too easy compared to most player.

UI/UX changes:
-Meditate will be moved out of the tab, as someone else already suggested, same with the stop action button.
-Action amount and queue is planned but this one might be a bit complex to implement, so I don't think it'll be in 0.5 as I have lots of things that are more important to do. Maybe 0.6
-Human raid interuption might be changed, but it's low priority for sure
-I like the fact that human raid lead to this kind of optimization, I feel like it makes sense, if you're about to get attacked anyway, make sens to make your move when that happens. It can be boring after a few times, but it isn't needed to complete the game, just make it a bit faster, and once you have 3 mindless slave in 0.5, you'll be able to "spend" them to guard your forest and remove the penalty.

My original plan was to add different ennemies when you conquer the village but reset enemy count to 1, this way, knowing when you'll capture the village will be important (For now it'll be good to capture them as late as possible, but I'll try to find ideas to get the player different advantage in capturing it early I'll see).

I'll try to investigate this case sensitive problem and think of a solution.

Thank you for your previous feedback it will really helps me improve the game.

Oof, yeah, that'll do it. I was about to ask whether there's some other stat affecting things that wasn't mentioned, like if increasing maximum mana increased meditation speed, because I literally can't think of anything that would improve my build order without completing the 21 strength wave (which shouldn't be possible at the recommended stats). Having the *entire game* be twice as efficient from the offscreen boost to it is ironically punishing for people giving the game their full attention. (Though "punishing" may be an understatement when the game is literally unwinnable.)
Hehe... I feel stupid, but for sure it'll be fixed 0.5 and the game rebalanced accordingly.

I would strongly advise you against making checkpoints.

You already have a much more elegant solution available which is to change how the starting events happen due to knowledge you gain from later in a playthrough. There aren't really meaningful choices in the starting sequence now but there easily could be many more.

Maybe building a mask will give you an additional choice when handling the three masks again in the very beginning of the game.

Maybe making the mindless slave will give you an additional option with the mind control spell in the beginning of the game.

Maybe the player can choose their game goals for that particular playthrough only.

Maybe the player can choose specific bonuses for that particular playthrough only.

This way the player has reason to want to go through the starting sequence again to see what has changed and to choose different options (like the gender option is now) instead of seeing it as a nuisance that they want to skip through. Of course some of it can be abbreviated later on, modified, replaced, etc.

Since restarting the game over and over again is part of the main gameplay loop it would greatly benefit from the storyline being frontloaded and densely tied into the beginning.

If the player can go through the beginning differently each time, seeing different story beats, gaining different bonuses and goals, there would no longer be one single optimal build order to mindlessly go through every time. If you manage to make the starting sequence more fleshed out it will exponentially increase replay value.

Putting loads more fap images into the game can't hurt either.
Yeah great suggestion, I mean I already did that, in some ways but I thought I would only limit remaking the tutorial events to add content, didn't think about possible skip. In 0.5 you unlock "rituals" that are permanent upgrades. My plan was to make an upgrade that allow you to select a checkpoint when you die, but instead I think it would be cool to give a ritual give you "mindless slave" at the start, use it on Selene, and order her to capture her allies, the good news is it could just "skip" the scenes until I rewrite them, this way this allow me to get a quick fix to the tutorial spam, without having to think of the elegant solutions immediatly.

Thank you for your feedback, not only it helps a lot, but also motivate me to work harder! *get back to coding*

Reactions: lizaardt and Troqu

GratuitousLove

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
OHOHO thank to you, I HAVE AN IDEA!
The ritual tab will alow the MC to bind spell to his soul, which will be an extremely expensive process BUT can be done over several runs.
This way you can have a 1k mana cost ritual to bind the spell that turn people into mindless slaves into your soul, and have the ability to spend some mana into it every run.
What I like about this idea is it align perfectly with my goal to give the player different objective to pursue and choose every run.
You want to unlock a ritual? Spend all your mana into it.
You want to go as far as possible to see what the next event looks like? Simply ignore all the rituals things and focus on reaching the requirement for that.
You want to see what happens to Selene if you "train" her, then maybe focus your ressources into that instead (Well training system won't be until 0.6).
With that and achievements, that gives us 4 goals to pursue in parallel that I can implement relatively soon, maybe even all 4 will be available as early as 0.6. And having several goals to do at the same time is really my top priority, because I think that's what's most lacking in the current gameplay.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Troqu and lizaardt

lizaardt

Feb 25, 2018
Thanks for the detail on how things will change! All that does look good, now time to wait for the next version! (and 0.6 too)

I like the fact that human raid lead to this kind of optimization, I feel like it makes sense, if you're about to get attacked anyway, make sens to make your move when that happens. It can be boring after a few times, but it isn't needed to complete the game, just make it a bit faster, and once you have 3 mindless slave in 0.5, you'll be able to "spend" them to guard your forest and remove the penalty.
Explained like that, it does make sense indeed. That way of giving more utility to the mindless slaves sounds great too!

I'll try to investigate this case sensitive problem and think of a solution.
My bad , the solution is rather easy : the game try to load the asset "07Female.png" ; while the file is called "07female.png" (iirc that's one with the problem ; and IIRC 08 also didn't load correctly). The fix is super easy since it's either renaming the file or the asset in the code.

It's not hard for players to rename the incriminated file and do a right click > reload on the picture ; but that won't be doable if the game is ever hosted on a server/available from the web (I THINK itch is case sensitive?)

Thank you for your previous feedback it will really helps me improve the game.
You're more than welcome! Thanks for the game, and keep on the good work!

GratuitousLove

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
My bad , the solution is rather easy : the game try to load the asset "07Female.png" ; while the file is called "07female.png" (iirc that's one with the problem ; and IIRC 08 also didn't load correctly). The fix is super easy since it's either renaming the file or the asset in the code.
Well it was clear to me renaming the file would work, but what do you mean renaming the asset in the code? You mean like "if you cant find 07Female.png, load 07female"? Or is there a simpler solution that doesn't require to change naming convention?
edit : Oh there is obviously some "toLowerCase" functions
Also I'm not sure I understand, what do you mean, 08 also didn't load correctly? Is the problem just an upperCase problem?

Honestly I think I'll just remove the uppercase everywhere, might be the safest solution for future problem.
What I don't know is, should I also be wary of number and those 2 special characters "_" "-" or is it ok as long as I don't use uppercase? I'd rather adess the issue as early as possible.

Last edited:

lizaardt

Feb 25, 2018
Also I'm not sure I understand, what do you mean, 08 also didn't load correctly? Is the problem just an upperCase problem?
Put in it simplest form: the code say "load 08Female.png" ; but the file is called "08female.png". On windows / any OS that is not case sensitive, it'll grab the file allright ; on any other OS the file won't be found.
So yes, it's just an upercase problem, that can be fixed by changing either the string in the source code or the filename.
All the file from the last event seem to be affected, both for male and female variant (files start with a lowercase, in the code they start with an uppercase)

What I don't know is, should I also be wary of number and those 2 special characters "_" "-" or is it ok as long as I don't use uppercase? I'd rather adess the issue as early as possible.
AFAIK, only upercase/lowercase are a problem (since windows does treat, for ex, "A" and "a" as the same character in it filesystem). Space should not cause an issue either.

Having a consistant naming scheme and sticking to it should do the trick, and is probably the cleanest solution.
In the worse case, it'll only affect linux/probably mac/probably mobile users, and is not game breaking at all.

Last edited:

Troqu

Aug 6, 2017
OHOHO thank to you, I HAVE AN IDEA!
The ritual tab will alow the MC to bind spell to his soul, which will be an extremely expensive process BUT can be done over several runs.
This way you can have a 1k mana cost ritual to bind the spell that turn people into mindless slaves into your soul, and have the ability to spend some mana into it every run.
What I like about this idea is it align perfectly with my goal to give the player different objective to pursue and choose every run.
You want to unlock a ritual? Spend all your mana into it.
You want to go as far as possible to see what the next event looks like? Simply ignore all the rituals things and focus on reaching the requirement for that.
You want to see what happens to Selene if you "train" her, then maybe focus your ressources into that instead (Well training system won't be until 0.6).
With that and achievements, that gives us 4 goals to pursue in parallel that I can implement relatively soon, maybe even all 4 will be available as early as 0.6. And having several goals to do at the same time is really my top priority, because I think that's what's most lacking in the current gameplay.
This sounds fantastic.

naughty_kt

Apr 30, 2020
Liked quite a lot the premise and it seems it has a lot of potential
a lot of people has already stated the obvious with the progression, for anyone wanting to quickly solve the speed bug you can do this:
Code:
press F12 while in the browser (this open the debug tab on the right side of the window)
go to console in the debug window
execute this 2 lines:

doubleTimeMax=99999
doubleTime=9999

at least the doubleTime=9999 command will need to be executed at the begining of each respawn
I think that the rythm of the double speed is better
also im really excited to see were the more graphical side of things evolve, and I hope that with progress, the increase in detail (more images for mask slave creation process i.e.) and variety (different sets of image for drone creation i.e.) is actually paid attention

keep up the good work

GratuitousLove

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
Liked quite a lot the premise and it seems it has a lot of potential
a lot of people has already stated the obvious with the progression, for anyone wanting to quickly solve the speed bug you can do this:
Code:
press F12 while in the browser (this open the debug tab on the right side of the window)
go to console in the debug window
execute this 2 lines:

doubleTimeMax=99999
doubleTime=9999

at least the doubleTime=9999 command will need to be executed at the begining of each respawn
I think that the rythm of the double speed is better
also im really excited to see were the more graphical side of things evolve, and I hope that with progress, the increase in detail (more images for mask slave creation process i.e.) and variety (different sets of image for drone creation i.e.) is actually paid attention

keep up the good work
Thank you.
Yeah I think your fix is the best until 0.5 is released.

I don't know if I'll focus on adding more images for masked slaves for instances, or if I'll expand adding new kind of servant, one way or another I'll do my best to expand the game in some way.
0.5 will mainly focus on adding lots of functionality and improve the gameplay but there will still be afew more illustration added.

Last edited:

wyldmage

Jul 4, 2018
Thank you for you feedback, despite being harsh I still think it's valuable.
On one hand I think the game isn't that grindy if you have a good build order, on the other hand I think it's still too grindy for the time being. The main reason is the fact that for now there is usualy a single goal to achieve, having your dungeon/army big enough to do things, so having to grind to reach might feel underwhelming.
For the next update I'l reduce the grind a bit.
Once the ability to conquest, "train" your sidekick and achivements will be implemented, the fact that you'll have several goal at a given time will mean that you'll have more options to reduce boredom.

The game is still in its early stages, maybe I posted here too soon, maybe not, I'll try to improve it over time.
I'm glad you appreciate the feedback. I was quite frustrated after having invested 1-2 hours in the game for how little I was given back (not even a single sex scene in a porn game). And zero meaningful decisions.

I tried to at least be clear on why I was so frustrated.

I would disagree with on on the comment "if you have a good build order". Because that doesn't change anything.

Due to the rapidly increasing rate of growth to the attacks, and the static & low rate of growth of your combat stat, the math of the game clearly results in you "landing" at each level of combat for a long time. If you have 10 drones (+.5x multiplier to combat), that gets you gaining about 1 combat per reset.

For example, the drone limit is 1 per wave (at 1 slime trap). With the attacks being 1/1/2/3/5/8/13/21/34, that means that for the strength 21 wave, you can only have 7 drones per slime trap. So 2 traps is 14 drones, which provides a 70% boost to your combat. In order to progress from clearing the 13 to the 21 level, that means you need to gain 4.7 combat skill yourself. Each fight gets you about .05 to .1. So 7 fights per reset will get you at best 1/7th of the goal. So you have to clear the current content at LEAST 7 times (possibly closer to 14), at 10-15 minutes of idling per repeat.

And it isn't even true idling, because you have to manually tell the game your build order every time. Build 2nd trap, meditate for mana, summons slimes, meditate, summon, meditate, summon, meditate, summon, meditate, raise max, meditate, raise max, meditate, summon, meditate, summon, meditate, summon, meditate, summon, meditate, raise max, meditate, summon, meditate, summon, meditate, summon, meditate, summon, meditate, get engravings, engrave, meditate, summon. Once you've got your 14 slimes, you just lock in meditate or build for the rest of the repeat in order to get your skill up, so next clear you'll do it all just a tiny bit faster.

Then one of two things will happen. You'll either gain enough power to defeat the next combat, which will allow you to gain 15% more stat points per restart. Or you'll get enough spare time that you can put together the resources to do the next quest trigger. Which will unlock.... nothing useful. New units that don't meaningfully change what you're doing every reset, because you have to re-unlock them every single reset. So now your cycle is exactly the same, but at the end, you create one of the new units, even though it doesn't actually help you overcome the most important challenge in the game (living through combats).

Maybe I'll give it a try again in 6-12 months.

GratuitousLove

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
I'm glad you appreciate the feedback. I was quite frustrated after having invested 1-2 hours in the game for how little I was given back (not even a single sex scene in a porn game). And zero meaningful decisions.

I tried to at least be clear on why I was so frustrated.

I would disagree with on on the comment "if you have a good build order". Because that doesn't change anything.

Due to the rapidly increasing rate of growth to the attacks, and the static & low rate of growth of your combat stat, the math of the game clearly results in you "landing" at each level of combat for a long time. If you have 10 drones (+.5x multiplier to combat), that gets you gaining about 1 combat per reset.

For example, the drone limit is 1 per wave (at 1 slime trap). With the attacks being 1/1/2/3/5/8/13/21/34, that means that for the strength 21 wave, you can only have 7 drones per slime trap. So 2 traps is 14 drones, which provides a 70% boost to your combat. In order to progress from clearing the 13 to the 21 level, that means you need to gain 4.7 combat skill yourself. Each fight gets you about .05 to .1. So 7 fights per reset will get you at best 1/7th of the goal. So you have to clear the current content at LEAST 7 times (possibly closer to 14), at 10-15 minutes of idling per repeat.

And it isn't even true idling, because you have to manually tell the game your build order every time. Build 2nd trap, meditate for mana, summons slimes, meditate, summon, meditate, summon, meditate, summon, meditate, raise max, meditate, raise max, meditate, summon, meditate, summon, meditate, summon, meditate, summon, meditate, raise max, meditate, summon, meditate, summon, meditate, summon, meditate, summon, meditate, get engravings, engrave, meditate, summon. Once you've got your 14 slimes, you just lock in meditate or build for the rest of the repeat in order to get your skill up, so next clear you'll do it all just a tiny bit faster.

Then one of two things will happen. You'll either gain enough power to defeat the next combat, which will allow you to gain 15% more stat points per restart. Or you'll get enough spare time that you can put together the resources to do the next quest trigger. Which will unlock.... nothing useful. New units that don't meaningfully change what you're doing every reset, because you have to re-unlock them every single reset. So now your cycle is exactly the same, but at the end, you create one of the new units, even though it doesn't actually help you overcome the most important challenge in the game (living through combats).

Maybe I'll give it a try again in 6-12 months.
Well first there is a bug in the actual version of the game that me it much harder when not on double speed, because I was almost always on double speed it kinda messed the balance, it will be fixed in 0.5.
What you say about wave is true, but the thing is, new content isn't unlocked by being reachin wave x. You get new content when you manage to accomplish objective (have 1 slime, then1 prisoner then 5 slime/drone/masked etc) Which mean that how many new wave you can hold each reset isn't that relevant to the speed at which you unlock new content. It just mean you'll have more time to try and go further in the game but that doesnt dictate the pace of the game itslef.
Unlocking new unit an be impactful, drone aren't extremely usefull at combat but they speed up construction speed by a lot.
Masked slave give huge boost to combat. Later you'll also get ones to increase your mana generation.
More importantly 0.5 will add lots of new progress mechanic, ritual be unlocked over several run and give you permanent upgrades, the first conquest and You'llget bonus from your sidekicks (only Selene for now) and in 0.6 you'll be able to "train" them.

I agree that in 0.4 it takes too much time to reach new content but it's mainly because of a bug rather than by design and it'll be fixed new version, so I'm not too worried about the game's future.
Edit: also there is a sex scene, even if I can understand that the content isn't plenty for now, I tend to just enjoy people being changed at least as much as actual sex scene but I can understand that if you're only interested in sexual scene 1 isn't plenty

Mar 11, 2021
Well the double-speed mechanic really needs work, because I didn't know it was a thing that existed until I read about the bug going on with it here. the UI is actually pretty clean though, which makes the game a *ton* more bearable since quite frankly i'm here because I'm a slut for idle games. godspeed on the game!

GratuitousLove

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
Well the double-speed mechanic really needs work, because I didn't know it was a thing that existed until I read about the bug going on with it here. the UI is actually pretty clean though, which makes the game a *ton* more bearable since quite frankly i'm here because I'm a slut for idle games. godspeed on the game!
Thank hehe, honestly I'm not huge fan of 0.4 for now, because I didn't realize the bug in my testing I completely messed the balance. It'll feel much better in 0.5, I've made lots of change and I think it'll really feel like a game when it is released.

2.60 star(s) 5 Votes