CaptainCaption

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2020
Why android version im zip :confused:
The game is distributed as a .ZIP. To play it, you need to extract the contents by using one of the several dozen free file manager programs that exist (I personally use 7zip). Android users also have to install the APK then place the OBB file within a folder, as per the install instructions in the first post in the thread.

CaptainCaption

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2020
Steam is probably not in the cards until there's a final build because a dev who is working on similar game that is on Steam Early Access ( ) often complains about how he has to bend over backwards to cater to Valve. His game is listed as Adult-Only which means that it doesn't show up in default searches, and their update policy is rather unhelpful for smaller developers.
One option I have considered is itch.io or SubscribeStar that works on a pay-by-release model, but I'd have to put more thought into it.

CaptainCaption

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2020
Liked the original character design from Zoey way more to be honest.
Well in that case you'll be happy to know that I've been making variations of the new sprites with the hair and eye palette of the placeholders that you will be able to activate with an exclusive Sustainer cheat code in the future.

Here's a comparison (note that the hair replacement is only a Clip Studio Paint gradient map and I need to find some way to make it closer to the original, but I can only get so close with the shading of the raw layers the artist gave me):
casual_comps.png

Reactions: Tara Mede

CaptainCaption

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2020
Today, I've got a outlining the Zach-to-Zoey transformation in extreme detail, and I'd like the feedback of the fine people here to let me know if this is a good idea that you (the person reading this) is on board for. If it's not that, please tell me what you would want to change.

fountain

Oct 29, 2017
Today, I've got a outlining the Zach-to-Zoey transformation in extreme detail, and I'd like the feedback of the fine people here to let me know if this is a good idea that you (the person reading this) is on board for. If it's not that, please tell me what you would want to change.
I really like the new sprites. I understood that the old ones were placeholders but it was still weird for the MC's eyes to be yellow when there was so much of a deal made about them being red. Good luck!

Reactions: CaptainCaption

Laughingfox

Apr 2, 2017
*Eyes the changelog* Kudos for progress made under and above the hood and whatnot.. but how does one go from finally focusing on the Britney and giving her content to another round of Kiesuke'o clock tweaks?

Regarding the transformation artwork bit-- really some art is going to get some folks motor running, and turn others right off, any way you slice it. While I personally think those sequences are pretty neat, you may just want to employ a 'fade to black' or 'passing out' alternative option to you can kinda speedrun through the changes and get to the goods and maybe avoid triggering some folks (Hard maybe. Some just like to be offended.).

...Which unfortunately may have the feeling of invalidating a lot of the work you are doing on the sequence in the first place, eating up a bunch of time and boosting frustration.

If it were my game, I'd just do what feels right and live with whatever happens, but I'm not beholden to Paetrons and other appraising eyes.

More unsolicited advice time? One of the biggest remarks/reactions regarding this work has been the excessive abuse of words while not actually making a great deal of progress in the narrative sense. The first bit you have been taking a solid go at with an industrial sized digital clipping sheers, but the last.. the "story" and plot haven't really gone anywhere for a while now. Especially anything unrelated to you know who.

Does it sound like I'm harping on that bit more than a little? Yep, probably because I am. The core and direction of the story seemingly went from suddenly living as the cheesecake focus of a hentai manga or doujin serial (not going to lie, sounded pretty hot back then, and still kinda now) and trying and trying to find a way out, or at least endure, to something more.. I wanna go with safe, introspective, and grounded? --at the very least a more 'traditional', less 'fantasy' style VN with the added twist of the genderswap and what it entails-- but regardless, any progress after the second (or more, I kinda lost count by now) rework of the beginning has been on the focus on Keisuke.

And not in a hot, saucy, unpredictable sense either.

We have this weirdly magical premise of the whole gender and world setting shift for zoey-- only to follow it up with some pretty standard generic story beats. No tentacles, no futanari, no yuri (yet), nor any really over the top situations or curveballs.

Like, in a path does Keisuke accidently mess with the app or annoy people he shouldn't and *also* turn into a hot potential strumpet, and have to deal with the same sudden advances that zoey is dealing with (possibly including getting plowed repeatedly while still coming to terms with the shift from 'friends' and 'allies' alike?), and the pair need to figure out where to go from there (assuming they team up)? Nah. It's boy meets girl, ish.

So far, it feels like the usual friendo eyeing your goods, and within a day or two everything goes tits up, along with an obligatory "I guess I wanted the D all along" vibe.

Maybe a tweak somewhere else here and there, and yes, you have pointed out you have a roadmap to work off of and plans to make it all shine gloriously, but as it currently stands out of three paths proposed to garner interest and potentially patrons to support the game a year (years?) ago:

One has yet to leave the starting line (solo zooey scheningans), one barely has their foot or other unmentionables in the door (Britney), and all the rest of the visible, at-a-glance on-the-surface progress made where a casual gamer checking this out will see it is on the more than a little predictable Kiesuke route.

This has the effect of the male best friend focus figuratively and possibly literally being thrust down our throats, despite a big descripter /tagline was being able to tailor zoey to our own preferences and choose different paths, somewhat. And K isn't all bad. Some dig that, and him. He's not the worst. Obviously you are working pretty hard on that angle, so there's gotta be more than a little love involved there.. honestly, if that's the story and focus you are going for, and your Paetrons are happy with it, great!

Full stop, here we be.

For others such as myself, I keep eyeing it now and then looking for a reason to get motivated, support the cause, and whatnot, buuutt.. *helpful shrug* Still waiting for the spark. The hook. Perhaps it's due to the genre shift, the pacing, or simply the lack of stuff to *do* and explore.

The doorway keeps getting super polished to a spectacular sheen, but as soon as we step inside, it's a mostly empty experience.. and has been for while, it feels like. Sorry, not sorry. Could pretend to throw nothing by fake compliments this way and that, but really, what would that accomplish anyway? The game still has immense potential, but it also feels like it's been treading water for a while now.

But hey! This is just one random opinion from one random stranger on a super random internet, so taketh with a grain of salt, right?

End wall of text, best of fortune with the project.

CaptainCaption

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2020
So are the placeholders cited?
They are internally, but not on an end-user basis like the SFX and BGM because we don't exactly want to advertise that this game uses appropriated assets; however, here they are since you're directly asking for them.

Current Commissioned Art Sources
Current Zoey Sprites and Shower HCG: commissioned from
Current Britney Sprites: commissioned from
Current Keisuke Sprites: commissioned from

Current Placeholder Sprites Art Sources
Haze: Kobayashi Daigo from [Silky's Sakura] Haitoku to Yokubou no Aida de ~Tsumi ni Nureru Onna~ ( & )
Kohaku: Takahara Mia from [Purple Software] Hapymaher ( & )
Yurika: Toba Yurika from [Akabei Soft3] Hataraku Otona no Renai Jijou ( & )

Current Placeholder CG/HCG Art Sources
Mirror HCG: [Kukudou (ckj)] Noroi De Nyotaika Shita Megane de Noppona Ore Ga Namaiki Kouhai to H Suru Koto ni Natta Koto no Tenmatsu ( )
Mall CG/HCG and fake femKeisuke CG: [Libido Soft] Zannen na Ane to no Love Comedy ( & )
General Placeholder Zoey HCG (currently only Alone Dorm Room Masturbation & Drunken Dream Sex): Tsuki no Kanata de Aimashou ( & )

Removed Art Sources
Removed Ryouichi Sprites: Mitani Ryouichi from [Key] Summer Pockets ( )
Placeholder Zoey Sprites Source: Hishiki Uguisu from [tone work's] Tsuki no Kanata de Aimashou ( & )
Placeholder Britney Sprites Source: Mitsuki Otona from [WAFFLE] Mankitsu Happening ( & )
Placeholder Keisuke Sprites Source: Yamada Garfunkel Yoshio from [rootnuko+H] Tenioha! ~Onna no ko Datte Honto wa Ecchi da yo?~ ( & )

Reactions: Tara Mede and Sialo

CaptainCaption

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2020
Any idea how long until story updates again?
The most recent update just had story content, though it was retroactive with the Keisuke day 2 mall scenes. The priority right now is fix the earlier Alone content to match the new sprite expressions (I'm well aware of how rambling that content can be and I want to fix it by taking a chainsaw to most of it) and to add ways to back out of the Keisuke dorm dubcon scene since some people really have an issue with that. After that, it's going to be lots of focus on lots of new Britney content and reintegrating the old closet scene for 3-4 updates.

Reactions: GmFn1869 and 21287

Averageboy2304

Mar 10, 2018
I am a bit feel cheated by the tag "Male protagonist", yes our MC is a man that trap in a girl's body, but damn we don't even knew Zach when he is still in his own body, I get it if the MC is for Self - Insert, but Zach is definitely not. I am not far in the game yet, but I really hope at the very least I can see Zach's sprite (not Zoey). My mind when I downloaded this is like we decided his character or knew his character before transformation, so when the transformation happen we knew the difference.

CaptainCaption

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2020
When will there be a free version full?
The latest Sustainer Patreon release becomes public after 2 releases. Barring unforeseen circumstances, like illness or injury to my hands rebuilding my PC, releases happen every 2 weeks, and even then I increment the public releases.
Also, the Patreon releases are identical to the public releases except for a password for a full route jump menu that you can circumvent by fast-forwarding the game with the Fast Skip button and an on-the-fly C.H.E.A.T.S. stats adjustment.

Reactions: GmFn1869

CaptainCaption

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2020
I am a bit feel cheated by the tag "Male protagonist", yes our MC is a man that trap in a girl's body, but damn we don't even knew Zach when he is still in his own body, I get it if the MC is for Self - Insert, but Zach is definitely not. I am not far in the game yet, but I really hope at the very least I can see Zach's sprite (not Zoey). My mind when I downloaded this is like we decided his character or knew his character before transformation, so when the transformation happen we knew the difference.
You're right. Zach sprites are something that's been on the to-do list for ages, but their limited usage cases means other art has taken priority, like the recently-commissioned commissioned from (the same artist who did the Zoey sprites and the Keisuke route shower HCGs). Hopefully seeing Zach pre-transformation in HCGs as he turns into a woman will help with the impersonal aspect.

3.40 star(s) 31 Votes